OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 9:13:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
He has always been there.

He is infinite.

Thats assuming your using the Christian god version.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 9:14:05 AM
At 3/22/2012 9:11:47 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Just a quick question: how did God come to be?

He created time, which has beginnings and ends. Since he must exist outside of his creation, this must mean he exists out of time, meaning he has no beginning or end, meaning he didn't "come to be"....Of course this a big pile of fly food, but it's the answer you will get from a theist.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 9:55:09 AM
I thought that everything had to have a cause, correct? That is the justification for God's existence according to several cosmological arguments.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 9:56:06 AM
If God, a being more complex and omnipotent than the entire Universe, did not need a cause, why does the less complex Universe have a cause? If God was created through chance why is evolution not possible?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 9:58:05 AM

Nobody knows the answer to this question. There are many mysteries in the world that is not capable of being defined by any man made science or theory.
I think you need to get a life. You have a very narrow mind.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 10:01:33 AM
At 3/22/2012 9:58:05 AM, inferno wrote:

Nobody knows the answer to this question. There are many mysteries in the world that is not capable of being defined by any man made science or theory.

Not capable? Or hasn't yet?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 10:04:59 AM

I am narrow minded? You refuse to accept any explanation that does not exist in a book that was written by a bunch of nomads in a desert, but I am narrow minded?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 10:07:54 AM
At 3/22/2012 10:04:59 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

I am narrow minded? You refuse to accept any explanation that does not exist in a book that was written by a bunch of nomads in a desert, but I am narrow minded?

The Book was not just written by nomads in a desert. Your response shows me that you lack knowledge about the spirit world among other things.
But if you think for one second that we are alone in this universe, then you need to go back to school little girl. You have no idea.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 11:24:08 AM
At 3/22/2012 10:07:54 AM, inferno wrote:

The Book was not just written by nomads in a desert. Your response shows me that you lack knowledge about the spirit world among other things.
LMAO
But if you think for one second that we are alone in this universe, then you need to go back to school little girl. You have no idea.

I actually do think that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 11:31:57 AM
At 3/22/2012 11:24:08 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

LMAO

I actually do think that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe.

Some of them are already living here in the world. The Government will never tell you this my friend. I know because I have military all around me.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 11:45:50 AM
Billions of people claim to have received the spirit of God and we've all felt it. We know he is real, and we know he reveals himself through the Bible.

If there was some ground breaking evidence against God, then there would not be so many believers..especially today. Maybe a few centuries ago, you can scape goat lack of technology or science - but here we are in the modern age, full of resources and ways to investigate from our own homes; all of us have and the Bible still makes more sense, and better explanation for man kind then anything else(despite the fact i really don't most of it).

And the handful of atheists and the haughty professors and scientist say that isn't true, because they haven't seen it or felt it.

Who cares? these are just God hating dweebs.. reminds me of the tower of babel.. they strive to reach a heaven they have built, based on the knowledge they have attained - on their own. But it won't happen..

God is not like us, or like our universe, or bound by it's laws. Of course an atheist can't handle this because that means they'll never be able to figure out if they should be praying or not! lol

The word of God is like a massive feast; and all surrounding the feast are corpses. Unaware of the food and drink, unaware that its delicious. Only those who are brought to life by God will recognize this meal in front of them... how can a corpse be hungry or thirsty, when it is dead and needs no sustenance?

We are arguing with those who have not been brought to life.. they will never understand unless God gives them understanding.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 12:16:47 PM
At 3/22/2012 9:55:09 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I thought that everything had to have a cause, correct? That is the justification for God's existence according to several cosmological arguments.

That premise has been changed since the fallacy has been pointed out. It's now "everything that begins to exist has a cause".
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 12:18:27 PM
At 3/22/2012 11:45:50 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:
Billions of people claim to have received the spirit of God and we've all felt it. We know he is real, and we know he reveals himself through the Bible.

If there was some ground breaking evidence against God, then there would not be so many believers..especially today. Maybe a few centuries ago, you can scape goat lack of technology or science - but here we are in the modern age, full of resources and ways to investigate from our own homes; all of us have and the Bible still makes more sense, and better explanation for man kind then anything else(despite the fact i really don't most of it).

And the handful of atheists and the haughty professors and scientist say that isn't true, because they haven't seen it or felt it.

Who cares? these are just God hating dweebs.. reminds me of the tower of babel.. they strive to reach a heaven they have built, based on the knowledge they have attained - on their own. But it won't happen..

God is not like us, or like our universe, or bound by it's laws. Of course an atheist can't handle this because that means they'll never be able to figure out if they should be praying or not! lol

The word of God is like a massive feast; and all surrounding the feast are corpses. Unaware of the food and drink, unaware that its delicious. Only those who are brought to life by God will recognize this meal in front of them... how can a corpse be hungry or thirsty, when it is dead and needs no sustenance?

We are arguing with those who have not been brought to life.. they will never understand unless God gives them understand

I agree.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 1:09:27 PM

The spirit world is not knowledge, would you care to refer me to a classroom textbook which outlines this knowledge? Oh ya it doesn't exist..
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 1:12:45 PM
At 3/22/2012 12:16:47 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:

That premise has been changed since the fallacy has been pointed out. It's now "everything that begins to exist has a cause".

At what point did God "begin" to exist? How can a sentient being exist outside of time and space?
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 1:23:16 PM
At 3/22/2012 1:09:27 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

The spirit world is not knowledge, would you care to refer me to a classroom textbook which outlines this knowledge? Oh ya it doesn't exist..

Neither does love, right?
or Hate?
Or preferences?
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 1:27:45 PM
At 3/22/2012 1:23:16 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

or Hate?
Or preferences?

There are textbooks on the hormones which cause bonding (love) and negative emotional responses in the brain towards someone else (hate), and I'm sure about preferences, but I will get back to you on that.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 1:30:50 PM
At 3/22/2012 1:27:45 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

or Hate?
Or preferences?

There are textbooks on the hormones which cause bonding (love) and negative emotional responses in the brain towards someone else (hate), and I'm sure about preferences, but I will get back to you on that.

i agree, but why do these chemicals respond to our brains to only specific people? why don't we love all the time?

Why do I hate the Giants, but love the Steelers?

Why do i love my mom and step-dad, but not my biological dad?

chemicals give me the feeling, and that's the HOW, but not the WHY..
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 1:34:56 PM

Right. It's not like that premise has been like that for a thousand plus years.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 1:35:54 PM
At 3/22/2012 1:12:45 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

At what point did God "begin" to exist? How can a sentient being exist outside of time and space?

Thats why this is beyond your comprehension. You are not able to understand such mysteries such as this. Noone is.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 1:36:15 PM
At 3/22/2012 1:30:50 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

or Hate?
Or preferences?

i agree, but why do these chemicals respond to our brains to only specific people? why don't we love all the time?

Biology and experience.

Biology for example can create the difference in taste buds, someone may like food X and another person may not like it do to biology.

Experience is a big one, you see I am a hip-hop artist and I grew up around black people, they always give me respect, and I've had just as many problems with white people as black people, there isn't an ounce of racism in me. Now, lets say I was a white dude born in an area where black people would always rob me, robbed my mom, and stole anything they could. I would have bigot mindset and say all black people were animals that need to be off the street.

People preferences are molded in the brain through external experiences.
joneszj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 1:39:53 PM
At 3/22/2012 1:36:15 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 3/22/2012 1:30:50 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

or Hate?
Or preferences?

Biology and experience.

Biology for example can create the difference in taste buds, someone may like food X and another person may not like it do to biology.

Experience is a big one, you see I am a hip-hop artist and I grew up around black people, they always give me respect, and I've had just as many problems with white people as black people, there isn't an ounce of racism in me. Now, lets say I was a white dude born in an area where black people would always rob me, robbed my mom, and stole anything they could. I would have bigot mindset and say all black people were animals that need to be off the street.

People preferences are molded in the brain through external experiences.

Yo, check out an artist named Shai Linne. My roomate is the best free stylist I have ever listened to and he makes his own beats. Shai Linne is a Christian and my roomate is not yet my roommate says that Shai Linne has some of the best form he has ever heard in the industry. I would like to know what you think.
joneszj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 1:44:48 PM
At 3/22/2012 1:42:39 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

I like this song a lot ----->

sigh i am currently behind a firewall......... Cant view the video.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 1:46:58 PM
At 3/22/2012 1:45:48 PM, Mirza wrote:
God is defined as the first cause, therefore He could not have been created.

If something more complex than the universe can spontaneously exist, why is not possible for the universe to have existed spontaneously? I have received no answer.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 1:47:35 PM
At 3/22/2012 1:44:48 PM, joneszj wrote:
At 3/22/2012 1:42:39 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

I like this song a lot ----->

sigh i am currently behind a firewall......... Cant view the video.

If you can use you-tube, the code is:

watch?v=BauJLUTxxZo
joneszj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 1:47:37 PM

Actually from what i understand He is defined as the causeless cause, not the first cause. I understand what your saying though.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 1:49:05 PM
At 3/22/2012 1:46:58 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

If something more complex than the universe can spontaneously exist, why is not possible for the universe to have existed spontaneously? I have received no answer.

I'm not sure if always existed is synonymous with spontaneously existed.