To Parents - Kids are awesome!

Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 2:49:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
This isn't about religion really..

but more of a topic to bring theist and atheist to a common ground.

I don't know how many of you have kids..

But for those who do; aren't they fvckin awesome!

I have an 11 month old boy,and he is the funniest kid... (of course too me..) he likes my music now, he's always laughin and tryna get me too laugh!

My son will wake up at 4 am, random, and peek through his crib at me.. and even though its dark - i can see him smiling at me!

He'll makes all kinda noise to get me to take him out.. then he falls asleep right away! lol

wakes up again in a half hour - and just towers over me (using me for support of course) then leans down and bites my face! hahaha.. not hard but more like he just presses his teeth on me; then he leans back... looks at me for a few seconds; then does it again! hahah

I know some of you have kids - do you have any similar stories of your kids doin... kid stuff? lol

http://s5.photobucket.com...

My lil boy! lol
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 5:08:23 AM
At 3/23/2012 2:49:53 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:

I have an 11 month old boy,and he is the funniest kid... (of course too me..) he likes my music now, he's always laughin and tryna get me too laugh!

My son will wake up at 4 am, random, and peek through his crib at me.. and even though its dark - i can see him smiling at me!

He'll makes all kinda noise to get me to take him out.. then he falls asleep right away! lol

wakes up again in a half hour - and just towers over me (using me for support of course) then leans down and bites my face! hahaha.. not hard but more like he just presses his teeth on me; then he leans back... looks at me for a few seconds; then does it again! hahah

I know some of you have kids - do you have any similar stories of your kids doin... kid stuff? lol

My lil boy! lol

The Fool: You mean only if they are not gay or they believe God. (too you)
If God came and ask you to proof you faith by killing them. Would you?

If you answer no, then you understand that morals are in you not just the bible..
if you answer yes. .. well..................
But what is your answer!!!!????
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 5:10:30 AM
Very Cute son. btw Congrats!
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 6:34:00 AM

If you answer no, then you understand that morals are in you not just the bible..

Paradox tell us about his child, and The fool wants to know if you will murder him...

I guess that's what you get for posting something in religion that should have been posted in personal.
Debate.org Moderator
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 7:10:22 AM
I don't have children but I have a nephew and niece so I kind of know what you mean....
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 10:23:04 AM

My lil boy! lol

Omg Your child is the cutest ! But umm your post sounds kind of scary to me. If a child woke me up by towering over me and biting my face I'd be scared to death LOL
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 10:33:30 AM
At 3/23/2012 5:08:23 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

My lil boy! lol

So your insinuating that i wouldn't love my son if he was gay? or an atheist?

not even a time out for this topic? lol

are you a mother?
because that question or comment, was completely out of line.

Wellll what? not like there would be any punishment for it.. i'm guessing you think certain things are objectively wrong?

Well you clearly show you have no knowledge of the Bible..

Heb. 10:16
16 "This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds."[a]

So you don't need the bible to know morality.. you use the bible to understand it better.

To answer your question.. if God told me to prove my faith by killing him?

1) That would mean that God was real and i'd be compelled to do something..
2) I would think it to be demonic and not God; since Christ was the last sacrifice.
3) If it were actually God - I have no idea.. but I'm inclined to say no, i couldn't.. my faith is far to weak.
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 10:46:59 AM
The question is not as irrelevant as you claim. God did ask Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, for example, and he did sanction the banishing of Ishmael.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 12:00:34 PM
I am terrified of having children.

Sure, they'll seem adorable for a good couple of years, just long enough to forget the trauma and cost of bringing them into this world... but, then, for another 16 - 30 years, they'll hate your guts while resting the fate of their very existence and manifestation of their persona on your shoulders.

Yikes.

Condoms, all the way.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 12:02:21 PM
At 3/23/2012 10:46:59 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
The question is not as irrelevant as you claim. God did ask Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, for example, and he did sanction the banishing of Ishmael.

Before Christ. Christ brought the new covenant..

And in a way, the sacrifice of Isaac was a way of showing us what God had to do himself.. only he didn't get to stop, he had to let him die, and go to hell..

All Old Testament.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 12:04:42 PM
At 3/23/2012 12:00:34 PM, Ren wrote:
I am terrified of having children.

Sure, they'll seem adorable for a good couple of years, just long enough to forget the trauma and cost of bringing them into this world... but, then, for another 16 - 30 years, they'll hate your guts while resting the fate of their very existence and manifestation of their persona on your shoulders.

Yikes.

Condoms, all the way.

lol, yea i am worried for when he gets older..

If he's anything like me (which he seems to be) i'm in for it big time..

I'm not worried about him hating me though.. I love my pops, me and him are really close.. I named my son after him.

Pretty sure he will hate me at times, but when he gets old enough to know why, he'll love me even more.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 11:27:17 AM
At 3/23/2012 10:33:30 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 3/23/2012 5:08:23 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

My lil boy! lol

So your insinuating that i wouldn't love my son if he was gay? or an atheist?

not even a time out for this topic? lol
The Fool: No its an indirect question, its a common situation enough to not makes it out of line. Its a fact of reality that it happens. And I am asking if that would be the case for you.

are you a mother?
because that question or comment, was completely out of line.

Wellll what? not like there would be any punishment for it.. i'm guessing you think certain things are objectively wrong?

The Fool: yeah not kidding. I am saying things are down right objectivly wrong, regardless if the Bible say otherwise. There is lots of evil in the bibles and alot of evil implications.

Well you clearly show you have no knowledge of the Bible..

The Fool: Why? question wasn't about the Bible it was about your personal morality exluding the Bible.

Heb. 10:16
16 "This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds."[a]

The Fool: This begs the question. Plus its a false interpretation. Its been changes. In the orgincal Bible people thought your mind was in your heart, not your brain. That is how the metaphore by feeling being in your heart came about in the first place. The orginal Bible does not make a distinction . Somebody has Changed God words to make it fit a modern conception and the understanding of the mind being in the brain.

So you don't need the bible to know morality.. you use the bible to understand it better.

The Fool: but if you understand it already, then you are already the judge of what is moral. That makes you the judge if the bible is Moral or not. It can't dictate what is more Moral. In fact the bible is harmfull because it makes people believe that they are bad by nature. God is supposed to be immortal. Lol > He is not sacrificing anything.

To answer your question.. if God told me to prove my faith by killing him?

1) That would mean that God was real and i'd be compelled to do something..
2) I would think it to be demonic and not God; since Christ was the last sacrifice.
3) If it were actually God - I have no idea.. but I'm inclined to say no, i couldn't.. my faith is far to weak.

The Fool: you should say no.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 11:33:14 AM
Cant wait till i have kids of my own, regardless of how much people say its hell, still want em :P its human nature after all
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion