Jump to topic:

Does evolution contradict Christianity?

Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 5:42:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I could be wrong, but if man came from a common ancestor we share with apes then that means the story of Adam and Eve being created ex nihilo is false. If Adam and Eve is false, then the Fall of Man is false, if the Fall of Man is false, then there was no reason for Christ to die..
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 5:51:33 PM
At 3/23/2012 5:42:37 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I could be wrong, but if man came from a common ancestor we share with apes then that means the story of Adam and Eve being created ex nihilo is false. If Adam and Eve is false, then the Fall of Man is false, if the Fall of Man is false, then there was no reason for Christ to die..

Archeology + Evolution, yes. Evolution in itself does not.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 6:46:36 PM
Obvoiusly there needs to be some serious dancing around interpretations to make it fit. Of course it doesn't fit. but this ones just not fair. They must hate you. They hate me for me sure. They the change profiles and say sh!t to me, and challenge me on nonesone, our, try for senamatic cheats. Do you get that kind of backlash Rational? or is it just me. Am I really hard on them??
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 6:48:33 PM
At 3/23/2012 5:42:37 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

Even with a non-literal interpretation there is still the notion of humans, and only humans, have a soul, implying a distinct line between humans and non-humans, which evolution demolishes by placing all life on a spectrum.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 7:07:06 PM
Depends on the grid you are using.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp