Jump to topic:

Proof That Atheism Is A Fraud *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2012 10:15:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Do you know how to read. I am sure that many of you can. But try to comprehend this. What is eternity. Do you have any idea.
Probably not. See website below.
Dan4reason
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2012 11:11:40 AM
At 3/28/2012 10:15:39 AM, inferno wrote:
Do you know how to read. I am sure that many of you can. But try to comprehend this. What is eternity. Do you have any idea.

The video made a lot of arguments that are easily debunked. Which one do you want me to refute first?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2012 11:13:36 AM
At 3/28/2012 11:11:40 AM, Dan4reason wrote:

The video made a lot of arguments that are easily debunked. Which one do you want me to refute first?

How can you refute something, when you have never seen anything. Your junk science is nothing but a desperate delusion.
Dan4reason
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2012 11:22:25 AM
At 3/28/2012 11:13:36 AM, inferno wrote:
At 3/28/2012 11:11:40 AM, Dan4reason wrote:

How can you refute something, when you have never seen anything. Your junk science is nothing but a desperate delusion.

I saw your "atheism is false" video which makes arguments that I have encountered numerous times before. I ask you again, which point do you want me to start on in my debunking of the points in the video?
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2012 12:14:56 PM
"Atheism is False" video refuted:

"How did this tiny universe know how to expand at precisely the perfect, sustainable rate? How did it know how do create matter, galaxies, stars, planets, life, and humans?"

You are committing the Pathetic Fallacy by assuming that the universe has toknow how it does something. The chemicals in the clouds don't know how to create the intricate patterns that repeat that we see in snowflakes for example, on what basis are you applying human attributes such as the ability to acquire knowledge to the universe?

"The odds of all this order accidentally falling precisely into place are impossibly minuscule"

The universe has to be balanced, therefore it is ordered. The Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) has confirmed that the observable universe is flat with only a 0.5% margin of error, and in a flat universe, the total energy is zero. This is the case, because the positive energy of matter and motion is offset by the negative energy stored in the gravity which is distributed all throughout different locations in space.

Also, your arguments in no way support your implications of intelligence being necessary to explain order.

"Why can't modern laboratories recreate the environment that supposedly, spontaneously created life?"

This point has nothing to do with an intelligent/ sentient entity being required to explain anything. Also, gaps in scientific knowledge do not somehow support some supernatural theory, therefore you are committing the God of the Gaps fallacy.

"One such cell is much more complex than anything modern man has created"

Assuming I grant you this for the sake of argument, you have said nothing which indicates that intelligence is required for complexity.

"How did such an amazing intricacy suddenly spring into being accidentally?"

You are assuming that there are only two options:

1. Intelligent causes

2. 100% random accidents

This is obviously a flawed way of thinking. The contents of the ground are responsible for plants, yet the contents of the ground are not intelligent. Nobody would say that a plant springing from a seed was an 'accident'.

"Only an intelligence we call God could have created such purposeful, living components"

Bare assertion fallacy

Conclusion:

Your "Atheism is False" video = Baseless
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2012 8:53:19 PM
All this video does is ask the same fallacious questions that all ignorant Christian muppets ask.

Please present actual evidence, not hypothetical questions that you don't really know the answer to.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2012 9:20:15 PM
"Only an intelligence we call God could have created such purposeful, living components"

I have a concept that Susan the Alien & her 12 Sisters are responsible!

I might be wrong, but so far no legitimate evidence has come forward to refute that!