Total Posts:44|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What does in God's image mean? He created Ada

GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2012 3:12:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
What does in God's image mean? He created Adam & Eve without a moral sense.

I take, in God's image, to refer to God's and our mental image and not the physical. God does not look like us in any way. He and his form is quite alien to us.

Genesis shows that Adam & Eve were created without the moral sense that would make them like Gods. That being the case, they had to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil to be in God's mental image. That is without a doubt a requirement to the development of a moral sense and is confirmed by God after Adam and Eve disobeyed his command to stay dumb and without a moral sense.

If they were created in God's image then they would have already had the moral sense that comes from the knowledge of good and evil and would therefore not have been tempted by Satan to eat of the tree of knowledge because they would have had that knowledge already. This would also mean that God was punishing them unjustly.

One must conclude from these biblical facts, that God did not make mankind in his image.

The only other logical alternative is that God does not have a moral sense and that he too, like Adam and Eve, was basically as dumb as a cow.

Could that be why God is shown as doing other immoral things in scriptures?

The two main ones that come to mind is God having his own son murdered for the forgiveness of sin when there was no real need to and the genocide of Noah's day.

Does being in God's image mean not having a moral sense?

Regards
DL
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2012 10:00:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mankind was created in the image of God in the sense that we have hearing, sight, and other senses, though in much more limited forms.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 5:27:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/31/2012 10:00:11 PM, Mirza wrote:
Mankind was created in the image of God in the sense that we have hearing, sight, and other senses, though in much more limited forms.

These senses all need physical parts for them to be able to work. Does the God you know have physical parts?

What, if any, mental capability or attributes did God put in A & E?

Regards
DL
astrocometman
Posts: 86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 7:47:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 5:27:09 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 3/31/2012 10:00:11 PM, Mirza wrote:
Mankind was created in the image of God in the sense that we have hearing, sight, and other senses, though in much more limited forms.

These senses all need physical parts for them to be able to work. Does the God you know have physical parts?

What, if any, mental capability or attributes did God put in A & E?

Regards
DL

In asking questions the substance of the matter is not in the answer. The intent of the inquirer determines what comes of an answer. By asking if man's physical format mirrors the Creator in some way could mean anything. You might consider sea life, lets say an octopus. The octopus is a creation as we are a creation. The environment is a creation. Living creatures on this planet have a symbiotic connection with the environment. Our Creator is identified with us physically in Messiah. Before his presentation there was another paradigm of being for him. He declared "Before Abraham was I AM." That was a huge claim. No one can make that kind of claim without the standing to live up to it. There's the resurrection, this same figure raised from the dead when he stipulated. From scripture the claim is that this "man" ascended. As a Christian I affirm the story. As an intellectual I sufficient education to discuss the concepts these claims involve intelligently. This figure, Yeshua, is a figure whose attributes were not a man's possession. He was a man embodying more than the image portrayed. That's not unusual to me at all. So, to conceive our Creator having a body like a man is a valid proposition. One must understand that as a facilitation, not what is intrinsic to his being. These sorts of things can be discussed in very interesting ways.
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 1:35:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/31/2012 3:12:18 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
What does in God's image mean? He created Adam & Eve without a moral sense.

I take, in God's image, to refer to God's and our mental image and not the physical. God does not look like us in any way. He and his form is quite alien to us.

Genesis shows that Adam & Eve were created without the moral sense that would make them like Gods. That being the case, they had to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil to be in God's mental image. That is without a doubt a requirement to the development of a moral sense and is confirmed by God after Adam and Eve disobeyed his command to stay dumb and without a moral sense.

If they were created in God's image then they would have already had the moral sense that comes from the knowledge of good and evil and would therefore not have been tempted by Satan to eat of the tree of knowledge because they would have had that knowledge already. This would also mean that God was punishing them unjustly.

One must conclude from these biblical facts, that God did not make mankind in his image.

The only other logical alternative is that God does not have a moral sense and that he too, like Adam and Eve, was basically as dumb as a cow.

Could that be why God is shown as doing other immoral things in scriptures?

The two main ones that come to mind is God having his own son murdered for the forgiveness of sin when there was no real need to and the genocide of Noah's day.

Does being in God's image mean not having a moral sense?

Regards
DL

The words "image of God" come from Imago Dei. This term means a couple of things.

It means humans possess personality: knowledge, feelings, and a will.
It means humans possess morality: we are able to make moral judgments and have a conscience
It means humans possess spirituality: man is made for communion with God. It is on the level of spirit we communicate with God

Adam and Eve making bad moral judgment does not mean that they were created without a "moral sense" as you claim.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 1:40:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 5:27:09 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 3/31/2012 10:00:11 PM, Mirza wrote:
Mankind was created in the image of God in the sense that we have hearing, sight, and other senses, though in much more limited forms.

These senses all need physical parts for them to be able to work. Does the God you know have physical parts?
No, for humans these senses need physical parts to work.
astrocometman
Posts: 86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 4:16:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 10:46:31 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
LOL.

Intelligently discuss dead men levitating and Jesus being born before his mother was.

Seriously?

Regards
DL

Of course, truth is stranger than fiction when a being is in its highest form. Do you think you are in your highest form? Do you perceive a part of your being that isn't subject to what the rest of your being is subject to? Your response is that of one who is convinced of a singular level of existence. I've already pointed out my connection with the Entity Case, in real time with the investigation. The entity investigation actually involved three discarnate beings. These could "materialize" and interact with physical matter. The investigation was scientific. There was a controlled experiment. On the 28th day of the experiment the entity fully materialized and interacted with physical matter.

I have every reason to affirm there are grounds to argue what you find humorous. You can be humorous. I can defend higher states of being that are witnessed, experienced, and are authenticated as the Entity case happened to be. That speaks of states of being superseding the bounds of flesh and blood. You are overcome by humor at the thought. There are real cases that dismiss your view.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 4:21:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/31/2012 10:00:11 PM, Mirza wrote:
Mankind was created in the image of God in the sense that we have hearing, sight, and other senses, though in much more limited forms.:

So God has need to feel physical pain even though he isn't a physical entity? Makes perfect sense.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 4:22:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
There are real cases that dismiss your view.:

Evidence?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
astrocometman
Posts: 86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 5:16:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 4:22:33 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
There are real cases that dismiss your view.:

Evidence?

Watch the video. Tell what you think of what you see. I've referred to the video in a few other strings. You may know what I've had to say about the video. If you don't, then you'll learn what you wouldn't expect otherwise. Where evidence goes, an inquirer may have no interest in gaining what compromises their world view. It may not be a matter of a quest for truth with you. Lets see what you have to say about what you see to begin. From that we'll see what's worth pursuing in your regard.

http://youtu.be...
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2012 7:03:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It means exactly what it says. All humans starting with Adam were created in the image of God. That includes the physical image of God.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 7:07:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 1:35:35 PM, stubs wrote:


The words "image of God" come from Imago Dei. This term means a couple of things.

It means humans possess personality: knowledge, feelings, and a will.
It means humans possess morality: we are able to make moral judgments and have a conscience
It means humans possess spirituality: man is made for communion with God. It is on the level of spirit we communicate with God

Adam and Eve making bad moral judgment does not mean that they were created without a "moral sense" as you claim.

Are you saying that their moral sense was in God's image and they make mistakes?
If so, then so can God right?
They have the same rule book.

As to the mistake you mention. What mistake?

The mistake of choosing knowledge over ignorance?

Hardly a mistake from the view of the originators of that myth, the Jews.
They saw it as man's elevation and not the fall that Christianity put on it for the $$$$$$ and to create guilt in its adherents.

Explain how getting knowledge is a mistake please.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 7:12:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 1:40:29 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 4/2/2012 5:27:09 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 3/31/2012 10:00:11 PM, Mirza wrote:
Mankind was created in the image of God in the sense that we have hearing, sight, and other senses, though in much more limited forms.

These senses all need physical parts for them to be able to work. Does the God you know have physical parts?
No, for humans these senses need physical parts to work.

So then are you saying that God can have abilities that need physical attributes with out having physical attributes?
He can hear without ears and taste without taste buds can he?

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 7:27:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 4:16:14 PM, astrocometman wrote:
At 4/2/2012 10:46:31 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
LOL.

Intelligently discuss dead men levitating and Jesus being born before his mother was.

Seriously?

Regards
DL

Of course, truth is stranger than fiction when a being is in its highest form. Do you think you are in your highest form? Do you perceive a part of your being that isn't subject to what the rest of your being is subject to? Your response is that of one who is convinced of a singular level of existence. I've already pointed out my connection with the Entity Case, in real time with the investigation. The entity investigation actually involved three discarnate beings. These could "materialize" and interact with physical matter. The investigation was scientific. There was a controlled experiment. On the 28th day of the experiment the entity fully materialized and interacted with physical matter.

I have every reason to affirm there are grounds to argue what you find humorous. You can be humorous. I can defend higher states of being that are witnessed, experienced, and are authenticated as the Entity case happened to be. That speaks of states of being superseding the bounds of flesh and blood. You are overcome by humor at the thought. There are real cases that dismiss your view.

What is the connection you are trying to make between a levitating man who was born before his mother was and a light or ghost?

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 7:33:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 7:03:35 PM, tyler90az wrote:
It means exactly what it says. All humans starting with Adam were created in the image of God. That includes the physical image of God.

God then has male and female parts?
God has breasts and a penis?
What about his/her mental state?
Men and women do not think alike. Is God confused or conflicted in his thinking?
Did he put both sets of thinking in all of us?

Regards
DL
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 9:25:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/3/2012 7:07:15 AM, GreatestIam wrote:


Are you saying that their moral sense was in God's image and they make mistakes?
If so, then so can God right?
They have the same rule book.

As to the mistake you mention. What mistake?

The mistake of choosing knowledge over ignorance?

Hardly a mistake from the view of the originators of that myth, the Jews.
They saw it as man's elevation and not the fall that Christianity put on it for the $$$$$$ and to create guilt in its adherents.

Explain how getting knowledge is a mistake please.

Regards
DL

What I mean by morals sense is that all humans have the ability to choose from right and wrong. Just because we were made in the image of God and we make mistakes it does not logically follow that God can make mistakes.

The mistake was being disobedient to God.

I do realize that Jews don't look at it as "the fall." However, I do not see their logic because Adam and Eve had it amazing in the garden. They were in perfect communion with God, nature, each other, and self. All these were broken as a result of the fall.

I do not think that gaining knowledge is a sin itself, I think that being disobedient to God is. God clearly had the best in mind for Adam and Eve and they disobeyed him, thus causing the fall.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 11:36:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/3/2012 9:25:39 AM, stubs wrote:
At 4/3/2012 7:07:15 AM, GreatestIam wrote:


Are you saying that their moral sense was in God's image and they make mistakes?
If so, then so can God right?
They have the same rule book.

As to the mistake you mention. What mistake?

The mistake of choosing knowledge over ignorance?

Hardly a mistake from the view of the originators of that myth, the Jews.
They saw it as man's elevation and not the fall that Christianity put on it for the $$$$$$ and to create guilt in its adherents.

Explain how getting knowledge is a mistake please.

Regards
DL

What I mean by morals sense is that all humans have the ability to choose from right and wrong. Just because we were made in the image of God and we make mistakes it does not logically follow that God can make mistakes.

Yes it does. If we can choose what you think is evil, then so can God if we are the same.

The mistake was being disobedient to God.

If so, why did God put Satan or the talking snake there to tempt A & E?
If the tree did not give a moral sense, then what was it for and what does---their eyes were opened mean?


I do realize that Jews don't look at it as "the fall." However, I do not see their logic because Adam and Eve had it amazing in the garden. They were in perfect communion with God, nature, each other, and self. All these were broken as a result of the fall.

You mean perfect obedience to God.
No free will.

What did God do to A & E when they did their will and not his?
He threw a sissy fit on them and us with original sin. Right?


I do not think that gaining knowledge is a sin itself, I think that being disobedient to God is. God clearly had the best in mind for Adam and Eve and they disobeyed him, thus causing the fall.

That is because you have taken the value away from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. The same knowledge that some say is basically the knowledge of everything. There are few issues where good and evil do not apply.

A moral sense must have the knowledge of good and evil and you have deluded yourself, going against scriptures into thinking A & E already had a moral sense. If show, show chapter and verse that shows this.

If you start with a wrong assumption, all others based on it will also be wrong.

Regards
DL
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 11:42:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/31/2012 3:12:18 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
What does in God's image mean? He created Adam & Eve without a moral sense.

I take, in God's image, to refer to God's and our mental image and not the physical. God does not look like us in any way. He and his form is quite alien to us.

Genesis shows that Adam & Eve were created without the moral sense that would make them like Gods. That being the case, they had to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil to be in God's mental image. That is without a doubt a requirement to the development of a moral sense and is confirmed by God after Adam and Eve disobeyed his command to stay dumb and without a moral sense.

If they were created in God's image then they would have already had the moral sense that comes from the knowledge of good and evil and would therefore not have been tempted by Satan to eat of the tree of knowledge because they would have had that knowledge already. This would also mean that God was punishing them unjustly.

One must conclude from these biblical facts, that God did not make mankind in his image.

The only other logical alternative is that God does not have a moral sense and that he too, like Adam and Eve, was basically as dumb as a cow.

Could that be why God is shown as doing other immoral things in scriptures?

The two main ones that come to mind is God having his own son murdered for the forgiveness of sin when there was no real need to and the genocide of Noah's day.

Does being in God's image mean not having a moral sense?

Regards
DL

It really depends on what way humans were created in God's image.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 2:13:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/3/2012 1:17:24 PM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 4/3/2012 12:38:15 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Hence the question in the O P.

Regards
DL

I don't really think anybody can know.

True. The only true answer is God was created by man in man's image.
Believers are my target with this O P. Only they can opine on it.

Regards
DL
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2012 2:15:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/3/2012 2:13:09 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 4/3/2012 1:17:24 PM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 4/3/2012 12:38:15 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Hence the question in the O P.

Regards
DL

I don't really think anybody can know.

True. The only true answer is God was created by man in man's image.
Believers are my target with this O P. Only they can opine on it.

Regards
DL

I happen to agree with your explanation, however that is not the only possible explanation from the information you presented. This will not convince a theist in any way.
Suqua
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 3:54:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/31/2012 3:12:18 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
What does in God's image mean? He created Adam & Eve without a moral sense.

I take, in God's image, to refer to God's and our mental image and not the physical. God does not look like us in any way. He and his form is quite alien to us.

Genesis shows that Adam & Eve were created without the moral sense that would make them like Gods. That being the case, they had to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil to be in God's mental image. That is without a doubt a requirement to the development of a moral sense and is confirmed by God after Adam and Eve disobeyed his command to stay dumb and without a moral sense.

The angels have not the ability to procreate as we do. We have been placed in a great position as masters of the earth but we blew it when we listened to another voice who said you shall not surely die but shall be as gods (like him, the serpent) experiencing both good and evil. We do not have to look at a counterfeit to find genuine. We do not have to experience evil to know it is evil. As both had a free choice in the matter as to obey their creator or some stranger talking through a serpent. They had very much a moral sense as you call it before they disobeyed. Love gave them the choice to live in obedience (which would have been their greatest joy) or choose to be without life, there were not made robots without the free will to choose as they ( the lords of the earth) will and to exercise that free choice. Then must come the reward of that choice. And so they should have died on the spot, and their God who had compassion on them made a plan that HE would take their penalty and give them a second chance. Still fulfilling the laws demands yet making a way of escape for the human race, not to do as we please as if this was all in vein, but so that we may be changed by such love as this.

If they were created in God's image then they would have already had the moral sense that comes from the knowledge of good and evil and would therefore not have been tempted by Satan to eat of the tree of knowledge because they would have had that knowledge already. This would also mean that God was punishing them unjustly.

One must conclude from these biblical facts, that God did not make mankind in his image.

Your facts interpreted as you assume them. For God said we are made in HIS
image.


Could that be why God is shown as doing other immoral things in scriptures?

The two main ones that come to mind is God having his own son murdered for the forgiveness of sin when there was no real need to and the genocide of Noah's day.

Does being in God's image mean not having a moral sense?

Regards
DL
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 9:41:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/3/2012 2:13:09 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 4/3/2012 1:17:24 PM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 4/3/2012 12:38:15 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Hence the question in the O P.

Regards
DL

I don't really think anybody can know.

True. The only true answer is God was created by man in man's image.
Believers are my target with this O P. Only they can opine on it.

Regards
DL

"The only true answer is God was created by man in man's image."

Bingo, it's quite obvious that man created Gods in man's image, and not vice versa.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 9:25:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/13/2012 3:54:04 AM, Suqua wrote:
At 3/31/2012 3:12:18 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
What does in God's image mean? He created Adam & Eve without a moral sense.

I take, in God's image, to refer to God's and our mental image and not the physical. God does not look like us in any way. He and his form is quite alien to us.

Genesis shows that Adam & Eve were created without the moral sense that would make them like Gods. That being the case, they had to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil to be in God's mental image. That is without a doubt a requirement to the development of a moral sense and is confirmed by God after Adam and Eve disobeyed his command to stay dumb and without a moral sense.

The angels have not the ability to procreate as we do.

Really?

Then you bible is wrong is it when it says something like---Sons of God found women desirable and mated with them and produced giants etc?

Just how little of you book of myths do you believe?


We have been placed in a great position as masters of the earth but we blew it when we listened to another voice who said you shall not surely die but shall be as gods

Yes. Who knew that God was such a S O B that he would murder his new children. Even a Satan would think that a God would not be such a prick and murder by omission.

(like him, the serpent) experiencing both good and evil. We do not have to look at a counterfeit to find genuine. We do not have to experience evil to know it is evil. As both had a free choice in the matter as to obey their creator or some stranger talking through a serpent.

What stranger and why would God put a fox in the hen house and then be surprised when a hen was eaten? Only an insane farmer would be as stupid as your God was.

They had very much a moral sense as you call it before they disobeyed.

So they knew good and evil before having any knowledge of good and evil.
Show how that could be.
Can you know that 2 + 2 = 4 ---- before you know what a 2 is?


Love gave them the choice to live in obedience (which would have been their greatest joy) or choose to be without life, there were not made robots without the free will to choose as they ( the lords of the earth) will and to exercise that free choice. Then must come the reward of that choice. And so they should have died on the spot, and their God who had compassion on them made a plan that HE would take their penalty and give them a second chance. Still fulfilling the laws demands yet making a way of escape for the human race, not to do as we please as if this was all in vein, but so that we may be changed by such love as this.

If they were created in God's image then they would have already had the moral sense that comes from the knowledge of good and evil and would therefore not have been tempted by Satan to eat of the tree of knowledge because they would have had that knowledge already. This would also mean that God was punishing them unjustly.

One must conclude from these biblical facts, that God did not make mankind in his image.

Your facts interpreted as you assume them. For God said we are made in HIS
image.


Could that be why God is shown as doing other immoral things in scriptures?

The two main ones that come to mind is God having his own son murdered for the forgiveness of sin when there was no real need to and the genocide of Noah's day.

Does being in God's image mean not having a moral sense?

Regards
DL

I await your answer but do not expect anything that makes sense.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 9:27:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/13/2012 9:41:39 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 4/3/2012 2:13:09 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 4/3/2012 1:17:24 PM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 4/3/2012 12:38:15 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Hence the question in the O P.

Regards
DL

I don't really think anybody can know.

True. The only true answer is God was created by man in man's image.
Believers are my target with this O P. Only they can opine on it.

Regards
DL

"The only true answer is God was created by man in man's image."


Bingo, it's quite obvious that man created Gods in man's image, and not vice versa.

Always nice to see a good mind.
Keep it. It will serve you well.

Regards
DL
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 9:37:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/31/2012 3:12:18 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
What does in God's image mean? He created Adam & Eve without a moral sense.

I take, in God's image, to refer to God's and our mental image and not the physical. God does not look like us in any way. He and his form is quite alien to us.

Genesis shows that Adam & Eve were created without the moral sense that would make them like Gods. That being the case, they had to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil to be in God's mental image. That is without a doubt a requirement to the development of a moral sense and is confirmed by God after Adam and Eve disobeyed his command to stay dumb and without a moral sense.

If they were created in God's image then they would have already had the moral sense that comes from the knowledge of good and evil and would therefore not have been tempted by Satan to eat of the tree of knowledge because they would have had that knowledge already. This would also mean that God was punishing them unjustly.

One must conclude from these biblical facts, that God did not make mankind in his image.

The only other logical alternative is that God does not have a moral sense and that he too, like Adam and Eve, was basically as dumb as a cow.

Could that be why God is shown as doing other immoral things in scriptures?

The two main ones that come to mind is God having his own son murdered for the forgiveness of sin when there was no real need to and the genocide of Noah's day.

Does being in God's image mean not having a moral sense?

Regards
DL

It means that Adam was like Him spiritually.. (as God IS Spirit)

Adam judged right from wrong, truth from lies etc, just as God does.

Adam KNOWINGLY chose his flesh (Eve) over spirit. (Gods word)

1 Timothy 2:13-14
For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.


This is why women are not accountable to God in the same sense that men are, why they must not teach etc..
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 9:43:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/2/2012 4:21:23 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 3/31/2012 10:00:11 PM, Mirza wrote:
Mankind was created in the image of God in the sense that we have hearing, sight, and other senses, though in much more limited forms.:

So God has need to feel physical pain even though he isn't a physical entity? Makes perfect sense.

No, spiritual pain..

And as humanity is no longer spiritual, He sent His only begotten Son (His physical expression) to be "the very Image" of the invisible Father..

So, when we see Christ suffering and bearing our sin on the cross, we see the invisible Father suffering with our sin..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Veridas
Posts: 733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2012 8:52:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/31/2012 3:12:18 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
What does in God's image mean? He created Adam & Eve without a moral sense.

I take, in God's image, to refer to God's and our mental image and not the physical. God does not look like us in any way. He and his form is quite alien to us.

Genesis shows that Adam & Eve were created without the moral sense that would make them like Gods. That being the case, they had to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil to be in God's mental image. That is without a doubt a requirement to the development of a moral sense and is confirmed by God after Adam and Eve disobeyed his command to stay dumb and without a moral sense.

If they were created in God's image then they would have already had the moral sense that comes from the knowledge of good and evil and would therefore not have been tempted by Satan to eat of the tree of knowledge because they would have had that knowledge already. This would also mean that God was punishing them unjustly.

One must conclude from these biblical facts, that God did not make mankind in his image.

The only other logical alternative is that God does not have a moral sense and that he too, like Adam and Eve, was basically as dumb as a cow.

Could that be why God is shown as doing other immoral things in scriptures?

The two main ones that come to mind is God having his own son murdered for the forgiveness of sin when there was no real need to and the genocide of Noah's day.

Does being in God's image mean not having a moral sense?

Regards
DL

You have no way of proving any of that. Besides, if we are in God's "mental" image then by defiition we must know all that he knows. SO either stone age humans held the exact same universe-creating potential as a deity, or you're full of sh*t.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?