Easter

Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 10:00:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Happy Zombie Jesus Day everyone!! :D
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 10:02:17 AM
Happy Zombie Jesus Day!

;D
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 10:06:50 AM
At 4/8/2012 10:01:46 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
You just scored 10 Royal Points.

Awesome! :)
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 10:21:18 AM
At 4/8/2012 10:00:08 AM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

aren't you christian?
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 10:22:47 AM
At 4/8/2012 10:21:18 AM, 16kadams wrote:

aren't you christian?

He wanted to score Royal Points.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 10:30:41 AM
At 4/8/2012 10:21:18 AM, 16kadams wrote:

aren't you christian?

Nope.

RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 10:47:29 AM
Before most of you were born, The Smothers Brothers http://www.smothersbrothers.com... had a TV program. Tom played the dumb brother to Dick's intelligent explanations. They were in a constant battle with network censors for various "insensitive" jokes.

For Easter, Tom asked Dick to explain the the Easter. Roughly, it went

Dick: Easter is about Christ being crucified, and on Easter he rose from his grave ...
Tom: ... and if he sees his shadow, it's six more weeks of winter!
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 11:00:31 AM
HAPPY EASTER!

Today is a day I will probably remember for the rest of my life. I got baptized :) ^_^ =) =P ^_~

I was outside. It was freezing. O.O
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 11:25:14 AM
At 4/8/2012 10:47:29 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
Before most of you were born, The Smothers Brothers http://www.smothersbrothers.com... had a TV program. Tom played the dumb brother to Dick's intelligent explanations. They were in a constant battle with network censors for various "insensitive" jokes.

For Easter, Tom asked Dick to explain the the Easter. Roughly, it went

Dick: Easter is about Christ being crucified, and on Easter he rose from his grave ...
Tom: ... and if he sees his shadow, it's six more weeks of winter!
Haha thats hilarious I'm going to remember that. XD

KeytarHero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 6:06:58 PM

It's hard for me to take anyone seriously who claims Jesus was a zombie. It's just a ridiculous thing to say.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 6:13:33 PM
At 4/8/2012 6:06:58 PM, KeytarHero wrote:

It's hard for me to take anyone seriously who claims Jesus was a zombie. It's just a ridiculous thing to say.

1. It's a joke.

2. It's hard for me to take anyone seriously who says that a man can rise after three days of being dead and not call him a zombie.

popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 6:16:13 PM
At 4/8/2012 11:00:31 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
HAPPY EASTER!

Today is a day I will probably remember for the rest of my life. I got baptized :) ^_^ =) =P ^_~

Congratulations!!! :)
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
KeytarHero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 6:17:28 PM
At 4/8/2012 6:13:33 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

1. It's a joke.

2. It's hard for me to take anyone seriously who says that a man can rise after three days of being dead and not call him a zombie.

1. I apologize for not taking it as such, but I have Facebook friends who were saying it and not joking about it.

2. The Resurrection is a historically reliable event. The only reason not to believe it is if you start from the premise that miracles don't happen, in which case you're begging the question.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 6:17:57 PM
HAPPY EASTER!

what does it mean to be baptized?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 6:28:02 PM
At 4/8/2012 6:17:28 PM, KeytarHero wrote:

1. It's a joke.

1. I apologize for not taking it as such, but I have Facebook friends who were saying it and not joking about it.

2. The Resurrection is a historically reliable event. The only reason not to believe it is if you start from the premise that miracles don't happen, in which case you're begging the question.

There is no real proof other then the Bible, the Bibe has not been proven correct. Therefore, until it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt. Then i'll believe it.

Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 6:28:57 PM
At 4/8/2012 6:17:57 PM, 000ike wrote:
HAPPY EASTER!

Google it.

KeytarHero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 7:15:47 PM
At 4/8/2012 6:28:02 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

1. It's a joke.

There is no real proof other then the Bible, the Bibe has not been proven correct. Therefore, until it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt. Then i'll believe it.

The Gospels were four separate eyewitness accounts. The books were not compiled into one volume called The Bible until the fourth century AD. Disregarding them just because they're in the Bible is nothing short of an "ad hominem" attack (of sorts).
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 7:59:32 PM
At 4/8/2012 7:15:47 PM, KeytarHero wrote:
At 4/8/2012 6:28:02 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

1. It's a joke.

The Gospels were four separate eyewitness accounts. The books were not compiled into one volume called The Bible until the fourth century AD. Disregarding them just because they're in the Bible is nothing short of an "ad hominem" attack (of sorts).

Four guys out of a multitude are the only people who defended it and the only ones who wrote it down. There would be way more evidence if the resurrection would have happened.

Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 8:29:13 PM

Jesus is not a Zombie. How? Zombies have a desire to eat living flesh particularly human flesh. History does not account for Jesus trying to eat Mary Magdalene. Others did not miraculously Resurrect from the grave by " Healing" others by bites. Jesus was Resurrected by God not a virus. It took 3 days not 1 for Jesus to Resurrect. Jesus was recorded to have miraculous powers unlike a Zombie would. It would be interesting if the prophets meant the Romans would be destroyed with a Zombie Apocalypse but it is not so. Jesus spoke Zombies can only moan. Jesus would soon be speared in the head and die.
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 8:32:54 PM
At 4/8/2012 8:29:13 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:
Jesus would soon be speared in the head and die.
Where do you get your crap from?

Next!
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 8:34:14 PM
At 4/8/2012 8:32:54 PM, Composer wrote:
Jesus would soon be speared in the head and die.
Where do you get your crap from?

Next!

Jesus is trying to eat you? What do you do?
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 8:49:18 PM

No, it is not a historically reliable event.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 9:00:23 PM
At 4/8/2012 8:49:18 PM, tkubok wrote:

No, it is not a historically reliable event.

Obviously.

Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 9:07:17 PM
History does not account for Jesus trying to eat Mary Magdalene.
History has NO records for a literal Historical biblical Story book jesus

ALL CLAIMS OF JESUS DERIVE FROM HEARSAY ACCOUNTS

No one has the slightest physical evidence to support a historical Jesus; no artifacts, dwelling, works of carpentry, or self-written manuscripts. All claims about Jesus derive from writings of other people. There occurs no contemporary Roman record that shows Pontius Pilate executing a man named Jesus. Devastating to historians, there occurs not a single contemporary writing that mentions Jesus. All documents about Jesus came well after the life of the alleged Jesus from either: unknown authors, people who had never met an earthly Jesus, or from fraudulent, mythical or allegorical writings. Although one can argue that many of these writings come from fraud or interpolations, I will use the information and dates to show that even if these sources did not come from interpolations, they could still not serve as reliable evidence for a historical Jesus, simply because all sources about Jesus derive from hearsay accounts.

Hearsay means information derived from other people rather than on a witness' own knowledge.

Courts of law do not generally allow hearsay as testimony, and nor does honest modern scholarship. Hearsay does not provide good evidence, and therefore, we should dismiss it.

http://www.nobeliefs.com...

&

In the final analysis there is no evidence that the biblical character called "Jesus Christ" ever existed. As Nicholas Carter concludes in The Christ Myth: "No sculptures, no drawings, no markings in stone, nothing written in his own hand; and no letters, no commentaries, indeed no authentic documents written by his Jewish and Gentile contemporaries, Justice of Tiberius, Philo, Josephus, Seneca, Petronius Arbiter, Pliny the Elder, et al., to lend credence to his historicity." (Source: http://www.truthbeknown.com...)
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 9:28:32 PM
At 4/8/2012 9:07:17 PM, Composer wrote:
History does not account for Jesus trying to eat Mary Magdalene.
History has NO records for a literal Historical biblical Story book jesus

ALL CLAIMS OF JESUS DERIVE FROM HEARSAY ACCOUNTS

No one has the slightest physical evidence to support a historical Jesus; no artifacts, dwelling, works of carpentry, or self-written manuscripts. All claims about Jesus derive from writings of other people. There occurs no contemporary Roman record that shows Pontius Pilate executing a man named Jesus. Devastating to historians, there occurs not a single contemporary writing that mentions Jesus. All documents about Jesus came well after the life of the alleged Jesus from either: unknown authors, people who had never met an earthly Jesus, or from fraudulent, mythical or allegorical writings. Although one can argue that many of these writings come from fraud or interpolations, I will use the information and dates to show that even if these sources did not come from interpolations, they could still not serve as reliable evidence for a historical Jesus, simply because all sources about Jesus derive from hearsay accounts.

Hearsay means information derived from other people rather than on a witness' own knowledge.

Courts of law do not generally allow hearsay as testimony, and nor does honest modern scholarship. Hearsay does not provide good evidence, and therefore, we should dismiss it.

http://www.nobeliefs.com...

&

In the final analysis there is no evidence that the biblical character called "Jesus Christ" ever existed. As Nicholas Carter concludes in The Christ Myth: "No sculptures, no drawings, no markings in stone, nothing written in his own hand; and no letters, no commentaries, indeed no authentic documents written by his Jewish and Gentile contemporaries, Justice of Tiberius, Philo, Josephus, Seneca, Petronius Arbiter, Pliny the Elder, et al., to lend credence to his historicity." (Source: http://www.truthbeknown.com...)

The Zombie Jesus debate MUST assume the new testament as accurate.
Dude. Shades
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 11:55:22 PM
At 4/8/2012 6:17:57 PM, 000ike wrote:
HAPPY EASTER!

Well, it is a physical testimony of your acceptance jesus christ. You are plunged into the water in the name of the father, son and holy spirit. It is symbolic of the repentance of sins. The water cleanses your sins, death of your old life, and you emerge from the water into new life as a follower of jesus christ. So, it is also symbolic of his resurrection.

"John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins." - Mark 1:4

"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." - Romans 6:3
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 11:59:11 PM
Congratz LDF!

I got baptized a few years ago, but I remember it being really cool, though kinda awkward.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-