Jump to topic:

Networking

EconomicSolution
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2009 12:34:31 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Seeking to network with anyone who lives according to the Golden Rule : Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You ; Love Your Neighbour As Yourself. Organized Unity Will Make Us The Most Powerful Force On earth!
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2009 7:22:48 PM
At 7/19/2009 7:18:25 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
Problem:

The Golden Rule would forbid subjugation - the drive to subjugate cannot submit itself to subjugation.

The Golden Rule says that you should do to others what you would want done to you. It never says anything about not subjugating people, as far as I know.

So then, if EcoSol here likes to subjugate others, clearly he likes being subjugated himself. It makes perfect sense then.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2009 1:20:01 AM
At 7/19/2009 12:34:31 PM, EconomicSolution wrote:
Seeking to network with anyone who lives according to the Golden Rule : Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You ; Love Your Neighbour As Yourself. Organized Unity Will Make Us The Most Powerful Force On earth!

Why would you want temporal power? Christianity is about investment in the NEXT life: Faith in the unseen.

And living according to the 'golden rule' as you call it, is a daily struggle that few ever master: it's certainly not a means to world domination. It's a means to personal SALVATION.

Proverbs4:23
KEEP
your heart
with
ALL DILIGENCE.
For
out
of IT
spring
the
issues of life.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2009 1:23:29 AM
Problem:

The Golden Rule would forbid subjugation - the drive to subjugate cannot submit itself to subjugation.

PHAIL.

How can there be a drive if it is forbidden?

Romans1:22
Professing themselves to be wise they became fools.
The Cross.. the Cross.
EconomicSolution
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2009 10:29:14 AM
Problem:

PHAIL.
The drive to subjugate will overwhelmed a rendered irrelevant. The meek will inherit the earth.
Chuckles
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2009 12:16:18 PM
At 7/20/2009 1:20:01 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Why would you want temporal power? Christianity is about investment in the NEXT life: Faith in the unseen.

And living according to the 'golden rule' as you call it, is a daily struggle that few ever master: it's certainly not a means to world domination. It's a means to personal SALVATION.

KEEP
your heart
with
ALL DILIGENCE.
For
out
of IT
spring
the
issues of life.

wait wait wait. Is this forum called religion, or Christianity?
"Pumas are wretched beasts with enourmous salty genitals."-MadMonkey889

: At 5/5/2009 9:47:22 PM, rogerklotz wrote:
:That's obviously changed by the government. The Atlanteans probably had something to do with it.
: QUIT USING LOGIC

: At 4/25/2009 3:09:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
:God is GOING to have His way with you.
: At 5/5/2009 11:41:18 AM, Volkov wrote:
:When both sides can agree and disagree without someone quoting Proverbs, then the debate comes worthwhile
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2009 12:23:40 PM
The golden rule fails on multiple levels. First off, there are people who are blatantly honest. Yet some people do not want to be told the truth(the "Does this dress make me look fat?" is apart of this). So clearly you shouldnt do something to another person, the way that youd like them to do to you. And then, of course, there are people who want others to act like a jerk towards them in order to receive some sort of justification. And i wont act like a jerk just because my opponent wants me to.
Achidnagar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2009 2:19:16 PM
The Golden Rule just doesn't work. Each person is different; no two people would like to be treated exactly the same. So really, it should be "Do unto others as you would like to have done unto you if you were them." That's practically the same as, "Do unto others whatever you think they want you to do." I'm sure lots of people on the street would like it if you just gave them all your money, but are you actually going to do it? Of course not. Even very good, generous people will not do that. Instead they live according to, "Do unto others what you think is best for them and sustainable for you."

If some people actually lived according to the Golden Rule, they would quickly be taken advantage of by those who do not. To be sustainable, you need to have the majority of people in on it and free of material wants. Unlikely.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2009 7:58:05 AM
At 7/21/2009 2:19:16 PM, Achidnagar wrote:
The Golden Rule just doesn't work. Each person is different; no two people would like to be treated exactly the same. So really, it should be "Do unto others as you would like to have done unto you if you were them." That's practically the same as, "Do unto others whatever you think they want you to do." I'm sure lots of people on the street would like it if you just gave them all your money, but are you actually going to do it? Of course not. Even very good, generous people will not do that. Instead they live according to, "Do unto others what you think is best for them and sustainable for you."

If some people actually lived according to the Golden Rule, they would quickly be taken advantage of by those who do not. To be sustainable, you need to have the majority of people in on it and free of material wants. Unlikely.

When you get right down to it, EVERYONE'S the same: we all want to be loved and respected.. to be warm and fed.. to be safe and secure etc etc.

Matthew5:44
B
U
T
I say to you
L
O
V
E
your enemies,
B
L
E
S
S
those who curse you, do
G
O
O
D
to those who hate you and
P
R
A
Y
for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.
The Cross.. the Cross.
EconomicSolution
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2009 10:48:41 AM
At 7/20/2009 1:23:29 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Problem:

PHAIL.

You are the one who thinks he is wise; I on the other hand will tell anyone that all my Knowledge, Understanding, and Wisdom, come directly from God. You have a false christ, and are a fake christian. God be witness to what I say.
EconomicSolution
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2009 10:53:51 AM
At 7/20/2009 1:20:01 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

KEEP
your heart
with
ALL DILIGENCE.
For
out
of IT
spring
the
issues of life.

Read my scriptural quotes.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2009 11:11:44 AM
At 7/22/2009 10:48:41 AM, EconomicSolution wrote:
Problem:

PHAIL.

You are the one who thinks he is wise; I on the other hand will tell anyone that all my Knowledge, Understanding, and Wisdom, come directly from God. You have a false christ, and are a fake christian. God be witness to what I say.

ROFL! Just when you think you've seen it all, the most hardcore, Bible pushing Christian on this site gets called out for being a fake Christian and having a false Christ.

This will be interesting to see DATC the evangelical vs. EconomicSolution the minister.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Achidnagar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2009 3:57:46 PM
At 7/22/2009 7:58:05 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

When you get right down to it, EVERYONE'S the same: we all want to be loved and respected.. to be warm and fed.. to be safe and secure etc etc.

Then the rule should just say: "Cause others to be loved, respected, fed, warm, safe and secure.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2009 4:26:55 AM
At 7/22/2009 3:57:46 PM, Achidnagar wrote:
At 7/22/2009 7:58:05 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Then the rule should just say: "Cause others to be loved, respected, fed, warm, safe and secure.

No, because I've only scratched the surface of what we ALL have in common; SO 'Do to others as you would have them do to you' is, of course, as always, the PERFECT and incisive instruction for right living.

1Corinthians1:18
For the message of the
C
R
O
S
S
is foolishness to those who are
P
E
R
I
S
H
I
N
G
but to us who are being
S
A
V
E
D
it is the power of God.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2009 4:33:16 AM
At 7/22/2009 10:48:41 AM, EconomicSolution wrote:
Problem:

PHAIL.

And you are a fake member, or an existing member: A TROLL.
Certainly NOT a 47yr old pastor.
You really needed to play it out a little longer.. no patience for the 'long game' some people.

2Peter3:3
Knowing this
F
I
R
S
T
that
S
C
O
F