Jump to topic:

Don't understand the Mormon faith?

tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 2:57:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I see a lot of people don't understand much about the Latter-day Saints faith. For that reason, I have posted a video, that will enlighten the curious mind regarding The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If you are a seeker of knowledge this is your video. If you are a seeker of truth this is your video. If you are a seeker of Jesus Chris this is your video.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 11:09:13 PM
I choose the high road of love with you ahmed, I can excuse ignorance. It is unwise for you to trow stones at something you know nothing about.

I say nothing about Prophet Mohammed(blessings and peace be upon him). Rather I enjoy the rituals Muslims perform at Mecca. I actually just watched a video about Mecca in my worlds religions class, fascinating.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 4:44:39 PM
At 4/11/2012 11:09:13 PM, tyler90az wrote:
I choose the high road of love with you ahmed, I can excuse ignorance. It is unwise for you to trow stones at something you know nothing about.

I say nothing about Prophet Mohammed(blessings and peace be upon him). Rather I enjoy the rituals Muslims perform at Mecca. I actually just watched a video about Mecca in my worlds religions class, fascinating.

I apologize if the video was negative or offensive. I thought it was an accurate and fair representation of Mormonism. If it was not, could you please correct me and show me where the video was wrong/offensive. If it was negative in any way, I apologize.

Did you enjoy it? All those small white and black dots around the kaaba was always fun to look at that and it was like a big circle around kaaba then it gets smaller as time for prayer starts. If you read the bible, the way we muslims pray was the same as to how all the prophets of God until Muhammad prayed.

==Gospel of Matthew Chapter 26 Verse 39==
"And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."

==Book of 2 Chronicles Chapter 7 Verse 3==
"And when all the children of Israel saw how the fire came down, and the glory of the LORD upon the house, they bowed themselves with their faces to the ground upon the pavement, and worshipped, and praised the LORD, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever."

==Book of 1 Chronicles Chapter 29 Verse 20==
"And David said to all the congregation, Now bless the LORD your God. And all the congregation blessed the LORD God of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshipped the LORD, and the king."

==Book of Joshua Chapter 5 Verse 14==
"And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?"

==Book of Daniel Chapter 9 Verse 3==
"And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:"

==Book of Genesis Chapter 24 Verse 48==
"And I bowed down my head, and worshipped the LORD, and blessed the LORD God of my master Abraham, which had led me in the right way to take my master's brother's daughter unto his son."

==Book of Isaiah Chapter 45 Verse 23==
"I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear."

All the verses from the King James Bible can be found here: http://kingjamesbible.com...
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 5:54:48 PM
At 4/12/2012 4:44:39 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
At 4/11/2012 11:09:13 PM, tyler90az wrote:

I apologize if the video was negative or offensive. I thought it was an accurate and fair representation of Mormonism. If it was not, could you please correct me and show me where the video was wrong/offensive. If it was negative in any way, I apologize.

Did you enjoy it? All those small white and black dots around the kaaba was always fun to look at that and it was like a big circle around kaaba then it gets smaller as time for prayer starts. If you read the bible, the way we muslims pray was the same as to how all the prophets of God until Muhammad prayed.

"And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."

"And when all the children of Israel saw how the fire came down, and the glory of the LORD upon the house, they bowed themselves with their faces to the ground upon the pavement, and worshipped, and praised the LORD, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever."

"And David said to all the congregation, Now bless the LORD your God. And all the congregation blessed the LORD God of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshipped the LORD, and the king."

"And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?"

"And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:"

"And I bowed down my head, and worshipped the LORD, and blessed the LORD God of my master Abraham, which had led me in the right way to take my master's brother's daughter unto his son."

"I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear."

All the verses from the King James Bible can be found here: http://kingjamesbible.com...

Did not even watch the video.... Just figured it was negative, that is what I get for assuming.

As far as how Muslims pray I agree that the lower you are, the closer you feel to God. I have prayed similarly as that many times in my life, laying down like. It is even how, from my understanding, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint would advise all its members to pray.

We just don't pray like that in groups for a lot of different reasons. It is mostly because of the fact we don't believe it is how you pray. You can pray anyway you want, it is just the fact you pray. It also really matters not that you repeat the same words every prayer. Rather, we believe, that you should pour your heart out in prayer, like your talking to you father. God is all-powerful and all-knowing, he knows what we need, we are just required to ask.

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father aknoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Matthew 6:8

Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers
D&C 112:10

26 But this is not all; ye must apour out your souls in your bclosets, and your secret places, and in your wilderness.
Alma 34:26

6 And the twelve did teach the multitude; and behold, they did cause that the multitude should akneel down upon the face of the earth, and should pray unto the Father in the name of Jesus.
3 Nephi 19:6

37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the cmorning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.
Alma 37:37

Pray Always By Prophet Spencer W. Kimball
http://www.lds.org...
Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 5:59:01 PM
At 4/12/2012 4:44:39 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:

The verses in bold are about prayer in congregation...
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 6:14:05 PM

I don't really understand what your getting at. Neither of those verses say God commands you to pray a certain way. The verses are just saying how people have prayed.

The first verse people just seen fireball come down, I think I would pray with my hull on the ground also. It is after all a sign of humbleness. The second verse just says they bowed their heads. It does not say they bowed their whole bodies.
gr33k_fr33k5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 6:38:04 PM
prayer is not for God but for man. . . God already knows our hearts (I believe that Christians and mormons agree on this) and hence just like the Sabbath the method of prayer or observation is unimportant but rather the symbolism and power behind the action/day.
I am free, free indeed!

ignorance is bliss
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 6:52:33 PM
At 4/12/2012 6:14:05 PM, tyler90az wrote:
It does not say they bowed their whole bodies.
LOL!
Tell us how we can ' bow ' all our bodies?

e.g. tell us how we can ' bow ' our teeth?

Tell us how we can ' bow ' our toes and feet?

Next!
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 8:35:37 PM
At 4/12/2012 6:52:33 PM, Composer wrote:
LOL!

Next!

Am I the only one who can bend my head down?
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 8:39:36 PM
At 4/12/2012 8:35:37 PM, tyler90az wrote:
At 4/12/2012 6:52:33 PM, Composer wrote:
LOL!

Next!

Am I the only one who can bend my head down?

I thought you can said can't bow head, nonetheless, that statement means nothing to what I said.