Jump to topic:

drcraigvideos deleted?

stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 10:48:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am not sure if there is something just wrong with my computer or not but the account "drcraigvideos" on youtube is no longer there. Does anyone else know anything about this? Or is it just my computer?
Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 7:06:25 AM
At 4/22/2012 1:19:47 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Wasn't that account accused of plagiarism?

I do not believe so - I think it was abusing the DMC reporting system. Essentially instead of being taken to court for fraud, they took it down. I think Thunderf00t did a vid on it a while back.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 8:08:58 AM
Some say Craig filed a DMCA against craigvideos, due to a recent video distorting his position (although this is not the first time, I personally believe, but the most recent one from what I have heard has made him out to be a full-blown tosser). On the other hand, Craig owns the youtube accountand it is run by reasonablefaith. However, this claim is only validated on the youtube account, so maybe this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

I'd say that Craig closed the account to increase traffic to his site and, therefore, increase revenue. It's the most plausible, I would say, given the circumstances.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 8:20:46 AM
Scratch that: he does link to drcraigvideos on his site still, so I imagine that either a) he's very slow with his site editing or more likely b) it's a flagging coup or plagiarism.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

unitedandy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 9:13:11 AM
As far as I know, DrCraigVideos accused Thunderf00t of copyright infringement, by using one of Craig's debates in his video, and Thunderf00t countered with a DMCA of his own, because the videos in question were not the property of DrCraigVideos, and were therefore subject to fair use. Instead of fighting it, DCV closed down the channel. Whatever the reason, it's a shame, as there were a lot of good material on the channel.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 10:21:11 AM
Yeah I stopped halfway through the craig, hitchens, strobel, and 2 others panel debate. I went back to it and noticed the account was gone.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 10:46:29 AM
At 4/22/2012 9:13:11 AM, unitedandy wrote:
As far as I know, DrCraigVideos accused Thunderf00t of copyright infringement, by using one of Craig's debates in his video, and Thunderf00t countered with a DMCA of his own, because the videos in question were not the property of DrCraigVideos, and were therefore subject to fair use. Instead of fighting it, DCV closed down the channel. Whatever the reason, it's a shame, as there were a lot of good material on the channel.

I don't think so: Thunderf00t would have no right to form a counter-DMCA on those grounds. But, I have read his blog, and I think you're right, just not with the specifics of the technicalities.

I think that DCV claimed Thunderf00t was abusing copyright under the DMCA, and so filed a DMCA claim against him. In response, Thunderf00t claimed the DMCAs to be fraudulent under the fair use act, and probably counter-reported under defamation of character o.e. . THIS is what closed DCV, I think.