Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

All religion explained - including Atheism.

CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 1:08:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I will explain all religion through an undeniable matrix of ideas - It's all quite simple.

Firstly, Listening to or performing Music is a religious practice.

Our favorite music is usually defined by agreeing with either the lyrical content, emotional content, or both. Listening to a certain song over and over to the point of getting "stuck in your head" is a sign that you are imprinting certain feelings or ideas that are being affirmed by and throughout the song. This is the same device upon which religious doctrines and teachings are used to imprint certain moral/ethical behaviors or thoughts. Possibly the only true aspect of any religion, is that they work through affirmations.

Examples of affirmations are (depending on what type of individual you are)- Telling yourself you are right about a certain idea, Prayer, Ritualistic behaviors, anything that you do repeatedly for a considerable length of time. (With length of time only being relevant to how successful the imprint becomes.)

P1.) Religious practice is a system of affirming and reaffirming our ideals.
P2.) Listening to our favorite music is another way of reaffirming our ideals.
C1.) Listening to Music is a religious practice.

A series of reaffirmations can be defined psychologically as 'conditioning' and conditioning leads to 'imprinting'. Imprints ultimately depict every facet of our psyche, and people with stronger imprinting will be more adherent to their specific beliefs than others, and will go farther to prove them.

Religion = Ideological system of Faith.
Faith = A strongly held set of theories.
Conditioning = The process by which faith is obtained or altered.

'Atheism' is a religion that is imprinted by reaffirming thoughts that God does not exist. This ideology is imprinted by the willingness of the individual, through various processes of examination and reexamination of specific thoughts or devices that pertains to the idea that 'God does not exist.' After a certain length of time, conditioning becomes apparent and faith is given to the idea that 'God does not exist' - thereafter the ideology is adhered to.

So next time you care to think that you are not religious, realize that religious practice is fundamentally within our thoughts and actions. Reaffirming a thought that is particularly regarded with a devotion, such as an idealistic state or persona, is a method of conditioning. The whole concept of religion is based on manipulating thought processes and changing behaviors and feelings through the process of imprinting.

In conclusion - If we all understand the workings of psychology, we need never to debate the existence of God again with anyone, ever again.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 1:18:31 AM
At 4/23/2012 1:14:26 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Atheism is the lack of belief in God. It is not necessarily the position that God does not exist.

Yes of course, however you define it will be determined by the specifics of your re-affirmative thought that is concerning the matter.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 1:19:19 AM
how you define it *
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
Reason_Alliance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 9:49:25 AM
Atheism is the lack of belief in God. It is not necessarily the position that God does not exist.

I don't understand how one can "lack belief" if once one is first confronted with it's idea. My blender lacks belief in God... Think about it hard, and you'll realize you,

believe the affirmative proposition: "God doesn't exist"

Lacking belief is just a trivial psychological description... it cannot be a worldview.
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 11:06:38 AM
At 4/23/2012 1:08:48 AM, CrazyPerson wrote:
I will explain all religion through an undeniable matrix of ideas - It's all quite simple.

Firstly, Listening to or performing Music is a religious practice.

Our favorite music is usually defined by agreeing with either the lyrical content, emotional content, or both. Listening to a certain song over and over to the point of getting "stuck in your head" is a sign that you are imprinting certain feelings or ideas that are being affirmed by and throughout the song. This is the same device upon which religious doctrines and teachings are used to imprint certain moral/ethical behaviors or thoughts. Possibly the only true aspect of any religion, is that they work through affirmations.

Examples of affirmations are (depending on what type of individual you are)- Telling yourself you are right about a certain idea, Prayer, Ritualistic behaviors, anything that you do repeatedly for a considerable length of time. (With length of time only being relevant to how successful the imprint becomes.)

P1.) Religious practice is a system of affirming and reaffirming our ideals.
P2.) Listening to our favorite music is another way of reaffirming our ideals.
C1.) Listening to Music is a religious practice.

A series of reaffirmations can be defined psychologically as 'conditioning' and conditioning leads to 'imprinting'. Imprints ultimately depict every facet of our psyche, and people with stronger imprinting will be more adherent to their specific beliefs than others, and will go farther to prove them.

Religion = Ideological system of Faith.
Faith = A strongly held set of theories.
Conditioning = The process by which faith is obtained or altered.

'Atheism' is a religion that is imprinted by reaffirming thoughts that God does not exist. This ideology is imprinted by the willingness of the individual, through various processes of examination and reexamination of specific thoughts or devices that pertains to the idea that 'God does not exist.' After a certain length of time, conditioning becomes apparent and faith is given to the idea that 'God does not exist' - thereafter the ideology is adhered to.

So next time you care to think that you are not religious, realize that religious practice is fundamentally within our thoughts and actions. Reaffirming a thought that is particularly regarded with a devotion, such as an idealistic state or persona, is a method of conditioning. The whole concept of religion is based on manipulating thought processes and changing behaviors and feelings through the process of imprinting.

In conclusion - If we all understand the workings of psychology, we need never to debate the existence of God again with anyone, ever again.

It is true that regular practice leads deep imprints on human minds. People who seriously practice religion do not have struggle to get up at time of every prayer like I have to.

However, it does not mean that religion is nothing more than this, or that religion is no different from music.

Speaking about music, have you ever listened to recitation of The Holy Quran in Arabic?
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 11:13:30 AM
At 4/23/2012 9:49:25 AM, Reason_Alliance wrote:

I don't understand how one can "lack belief" if once one is first confronted with it's idea. My blender lacks belief in God... Think about it hard, and you'll realize you,

believe the affirmative proposition: "God doesn't exist"

Lacking belief is just a trivial psychological description... it cannot be a worldview.
Bravisimo!
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
seeu46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 12:58:21 PM

That's why I prefer the definition of Atheist as being there is no God.

Because if an Atheist states there just waiting for evidence to be suffice for them to believe in God. That just sounds more agnostic to me. The Agnostic can be the gray area 50/50....80/20......90/10 etc etc, while the Atheist and Theist idea can be more assertive in the sense that they do believe they are correct even with the idea that they could be wrong, as they just don't believe they are wrong as of yet from what they believe or hold true.

Maybe I'm wrong on this but this seems to be a major dilemma, in a lot of the debates I see on the forums. Of the definitions of what the label actually is, to even the change in the label over time.

Maybe that's why its so confusing to the point that some are even using combinations of these labels(and they have been doing for quite a while now) or maybe everyone is a Agnostic but just depends on which percentage you go towards more.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 1:03:11 PM
At 4/23/2012 12:58:21 PM, seeu46 wrote:

Because if an Atheist states there just waiting for evidence to be suffice for them to believe in God. That just sounds more agnostic to me. The Agnostic can be the gray area 50/50....80/20......90/10 etc etc, while the Atheist and Theist idea can be more assertive in the sense that they do believe they are correct even with the idea that they could be wrong, as they just don't believe they are wrong as of yet from what they believe or hold true.

Maybe I'm wrong on this but this seems to be a major dilemma, in a lot of the debates I see on the forums. Of the definitions of what the label actually is, to even the change in the label over time.

Maybe that's why its so confusing to the point that some are even using combinations of these labels(and they have been doing for quite a while now) or maybe everyone is a Agnostic but just depends on which percentage you go towards more.

Or people need to learn that it doesn't matter. Seriously.

I will fight until this message is understood.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 1:03:31 PM

The point is. Ask yourself - Is god real? If any answer other than 'yes' or 'no' comes to mind, you are agnostic. As society becomes increasingly educated, we will see a larger group begin to identify themselves as 'agnostics'. If we play semantics every time the topic comes up, there will never be any literal distinction between views, though internally they may vary drastically.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
seeu46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 1:11:35 PM
At 4/23/2012 1:03:31 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

The point is. Ask yourself - Is god real? If any answer other than 'yes' or 'no' comes to mind, you are agnostic. As society becomes increasingly educated, we will see a larger group begin to identify themselves as 'agnostics'. If we play semantics every time the topic comes up, there will never be any literal distinction between views, though internally they may vary drastically.

This I like and for me it is "yes".
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 1:15:38 PM
At 4/23/2012 1:11:35 PM, seeu46 wrote:

No, saying yes to that question does not make you a Theist. Saying no to that question does not make you an Atheist. The spectrum is FAR bigger than that. Your language is limiting you, and your mind is making assumptions in both regards!
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 1:18:28 PM
At 4/23/2012 1:15:38 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 4/23/2012 1:11:35 PM, seeu46 wrote:

No, saying yes to that question does not make you a Theist. Saying no to that question does not make you an Atheist. The spectrum is FAR bigger than that. Your language is limiting you, and your mind is making assumptions in both regards!

Assuming god is a metaphor for a divine being by some description, (Christianity calls it The Father) care to explain further?
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 1:27:45 PM
How can saying 'yes - he believes the existence of god' not directly mean that he is theist??? That is the requirement for theism. Belief in the existence of a god.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts