Jump to topic:

Blaming things on religion

1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 7:11:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Okay, so a few idiots misinterpret the Bible and uses it as an excuse to kill people. They then give the rest of their religion a bad reputation. I hate this. Blaming all muslims for 9/11? Most muslims weren't involved, do not agree with Bin Laden, and true Islam teaches peace. I hate it when this happens.
Take scarlet's debate for example:

"Christianity has inhibited science"
How? There is nothing in Christianity that inhibits science. This is the result of Medieval idiots somehow getting the idea that science is bad. Now they give Christians a bad reputation.

"Christianity has prompted for bigotry and inequality, it promotes hate to athiests, muslims, etc."
Again, only a few idiots think that.
"You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor' and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies. Pray for those who persecute you. In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? - Matthew 5:43-47 [2]

The bigotry is demonstrated by some certain untrue Christians, not Christianity as a whole.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
KeytarHero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 7:30:03 PM
At 4/24/2012 7:11:46 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
Okay, so a few idiots misinterpret the Bible and uses it as an excuse to kill people. They then give the rest of their religion a bad reputation. I hate this. Blaming all muslims for 9/11? Most muslims weren't involved, do not agree with Bin Laden, and true Islam teaches peace. I hate it when this happens.

How? There is nothing in Christianity that inhibits science. This is the result of Medieval idiots somehow getting the idea that science is bad. Now they give Christians a bad reputation.

"Christianity has prompted for bigotry and inequality, it promotes hate to athiests, muslims, etc."
"You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor' and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies. Pray for those who persecute you. In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? - Matthew 5:43-47 [2]

The bigotry is demonstrated by some certain untrue Christians, not Christianity as a whole.

It's not even true that Christianity inhibits science. We have Christianity to thank for the scientific method. In fact, before about a hundred years ago, most scientists were Christians.
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 7:32:01 PM
At 4/24/2012 7:30:03 PM, KeytarHero wrote:

It's not even true that Christianity inhibits science. We have Christianity to thank for the scientific method. In fact, before about a hundred years ago, most scientists were Christians.

+1
Wall of LOL
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 7:32:11 PM

I think you're talking about politicians, not christians.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 7:33:42 PM

No true Scotsman is an informal logical fallacy, an ad hoc attempt to retain an unreasoned assertion.[1] When faced with a counterexample to a universal claim, rather than denying the counterexample or rejecting the original universal claim, this fallacy modifies the subject of the assertion to exclude the specific case or others like it by rhetoric, without reference to any specific objective rule.

A simpler rendition would be:

Alice: All Scotsmen enjoy haggis.
Bob: My uncle is a Scotsman, and he doesn't like haggis!
Alice: Well, all true Scotsmen like haggis.

Yeah no true christian would do such a thing eh.................
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 7:49:29 PM

As Sam Harris rightly pointed out, how come you don't see Tibetan Buddhist suicide bombers? They've been equally sabotaged, occupied, and terrorized by the Chinese for centuries and they have yet to organize a Tibetan Buddhist Suicide Bombing Organization. Seems to be a Muslim thing.

If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? - Matthew 5:43-47 [2]

Excellent quote.

But then again, there's plenty of violent and cruel quotes in the New Testament as well.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 8:10:17 PM
At 4/24/2012 7:49:29 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

What's interesting is how we presuppose that 9/11 was even commited by the muslims. How does it make any sense that 16 men armed with (not even guns) box cutters are able to hijack (not 1) but 2 commercial airliners navigate half way around the world using what? (supposedly a laptop) and pinpoint the world trade center with precision?!The official story is trash. How could the U.S not pinpoint him for 10 years for almost have of which he was not even moving?!. How come Osama keeps getting younger and younger? How did they navigate and penetrate the heavily defended the U.S airspace? Why are all investigations into 9/11 heavily underfunded and valuable testimonies and records shredded? How did 'experts' know so much about an event immediately after it happened? This sounds like a huge conspiracy.

Americans actually have to apologize to the muslims for blaming them for atrocities that there is no established evidence for and unanswered questions. Muslims deserve a serious apology.

As Sam Harris rightly pointed out, how come you don't see Tibetan Buddhist suicide bombers? They've been equally sabotaged, occupied, and terrorized by the Chinese for centuries and they have yet to organize a Tibetan Buddhist Suicide Bombing Organization. Seems to be a Muslim thing.

What's funny is how internalize terrorism as being synonymous with Islam. Terrorism is no where near, not even close to a muslim monopoly. The media sees one event and propagtes it to huge proportions. Suicide bombing does not even belong to Islam, orginated from tamil tigers. Finally, Buddhism is not really even a religion but a philosophy.

Why do you take Sam harris's words seriously? If he said Buddhist philosophy shouldn't be used tommorow, would you believe him?
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 8:15:05 PM
At 4/24/2012 8:10:17 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:

What's interesting is how we presuppose that 9/11 was even commited by the muslims. How does it make any sense that 16 men armed with (not even guns) box cutters are able to hijack (not 1) but 2 commercial airliners navigate half way around the world using what? (supposedly a laptop) and pinpoint the world trade center with precision?!The official story is trash. How could the U.S not pinpoint him for 10 years for almost have of which he was not even moving?!. How come Osama keeps getting younger and younger? How did they navigate and penetrate the heavily defended the U.S airspace? Why are all investigations into 9/11 heavily underfunded and valuable testimonies and records shredded? How did 'experts' know so much about an event immediately after it happened? This sounds like a huge conspiracy.

Americans actually have to apologize to the muslims for blaming them for atrocities that there is no established evidence for and unanswered questions. Muslims deserve a serious apology.

What's funny is how internalize terrorism as being synonymous with Islam. Terrorism is no where near, not even close to a muslim monopoly. The media sees one event and propagtes it to huge proportions. Suicide bombing does not even belong to Islam, orginated from tamil tigers. Finally, Buddhism is not really even a religion but a philosophy.

I agree with you on the terrorism bit.
Buddhism is a religion or a philosophy depending on whether or not you adhere to it.

Why do you take Sam harris's words seriously? If he said Buddhist philosophy shouldn't be used tommorow, would you believe him?
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 8:22:45 PM
What's your point? There have been Buddhist terrorists, and when Buddhists get enraged by oppression, they go berserk. That's a fact. Heard of kamikaze, by the way? Yep, not a Muslim idea.
Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 8:28:09 PM
At 4/24/2012 8:22:45 PM, Mirza wrote:
What's your point? There have been Buddhist terrorists, and when Buddhists get enraged by oppression, they go berserk. That's a fact. Heard of kamikaze, by the way? Yep, not a Muslim idea.

Simply because the media which spoon feeds the people doesn't report Buddhist terrorists due to their extremely biased agenda, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You should really look outside the media and Sam Harris (who you seem to put in high esteem), it's much different than you think.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 8:29:47 PM
At 4/24/2012 8:10:17 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:

Agreed.

But it's also true that Muslim territories are very violent and Muslim theocracies are very dictatorial and oppressive.

Also agreed.

What's funny is how internalize terrorism as being synonymous with Islam. Terrorism is no where near, not even close to a muslim monopoly.

Agreed. The U.S. engages in more terrorism than Islam.

The media sees one event and propagtes it to huge proportions. Suicide bombing does not even belong to Islam, orginated from tamil tigers.

True.

Finally, Buddhism is not really even a religion but a philosophy.

False. Buddhism is both a religion and a philosophy. There are many Buddhists are deeply devoted and act religiously. Also, look up the definition of "religion."

Religion: a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Buddhism has a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the Universe, has a stance on creation, lacks a superhuman agency (but it's not required by the definiton), involves devotional and ritual observances, and has a moral code for human affairs.

-- http://dictionary.reference.com...

I didn't praise Sam Harris, I simply agreed with his point and restated it. I don't care too much what Sam Harris says, I disagree with him on several issues.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 8:53:48 PM
At 4/24/2012 8:29:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
But it's also true that Muslim territories are very violent and Muslim theocracies are very dictatorial and oppressive.

Most Muslim territories are not 100% following Islam and the Quran today due to the failed implementation of Secularism by the Ottomans and somewhat weakened values by colonialism. The closest country I would think is following Islam is Saudi Arabia which is not as dictatorial and oppressive as you think. It has strong elements of Islam and elements of Islam which can never be oppressive and dictatorial.

I truly and strongly believe that a true implementation of Islam following the Quran and the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) would lead to man from the darkness into the radiant light. it would lead to true peace, contentment and happiness in this world. For example, the system of Zakat would eradicate poverty.

the Islamic system of zakat properly implemented almost completely eradicated poverty during Umar ibn Abdulaziz's era. Poverty was nearly eradicated. There were hardly any poor people left. This is amazing!

"He is widely known for reinforcing the Zakat and at the end of his rule, there were scarcely any poor people to give the charity money to."
http://en.wikipedia.org......

This is just one of one many examples. Imagine a world without poverty.....

I can see you mean oppressive as synonymous with women. Since women have to wear hijab they are oppressed right? The reasoning is the more clothes a women wears the more oppressed she is and the less clothes she wears the more liberated she is.

Clearly this doesn't add up because when we see nuns for example, we don't see someone who is oppressed but someone who is protecting themselves, devout, soft etc. Hijab is similar to the nuns but apparently it is different for Islam. When a women wears less clothes she is treated more as an object. When a man sees a women in revealing clothes the last thing he is thinking about is her views on politics.

Finally, Buddhism is not really even a religion but a philosophy.

False. Buddhism is both a religion and a philosophy. There are many Buddhists are deeply devoted and act religiously. Also, look up the definition of "religion."

Religion: a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Buddhism has a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the Universe, has a stance on creation, lacks a superhuman agency (but it's not required by the definiton), involves devotional and ritual observances, and has a moral code for human affairs.

-- http://dictionary.reference.com...

I admit that you are much more knowledgeable about Buddhism than I would be so I would have to agree and concede with you on this point. I apologize for misrepresenting your religion. But I heard that Buddhism is not to be taken 100% but is more of an aid for one's life? Is this true?
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 9:05:55 PM

I agree, it's not like religion offers eternal bliss if its followers abide by certain ordinances described in a text that can be interpreted in many ways. No, religion could never motivate evil.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 9:16:12 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 9:19:29 PM

I want a news story about a Buddhist terrorist please. [Insert link here]

Also, kamikazi had nothing to do with religion (well it had religious titles involved) but those people didn't die for SHINTOISM (not Buddhism, kamikazi means divine wind, a term from the Shinto religion) but rather for their empire and their pride. That was a cultural thing far greater than any religious thing.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 9:30:37 PM
At 4/24/2012 9:16:12 PM, tvellalott wrote:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Problem? :)

http://www.amazon.com...
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 10:05:01 PM
At 4/24/2012 9:19:29 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I want a news story about a Buddhist terrorist please. [Insert link here]
Have a read: http://www.oup.com... If you want specific stories, do your own homework.

Also, kamikazi had nothing to do with religion
Nor did I claim that, thank you very much.

(well it had religious titles involved) but those people didn't die for SHINTOISM (not Buddhism, kamikazi means divine wind, a term from the Shinto religion) but rather for their empire and their pride. That was a cultural thing far greater than any religious thing.
Did you read what I wrote properly? Suicide attacks were not invented by Muslims - so it's not the fault of Islam or Muslims that the idea of suicide attacks came to realization.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 10:14:12 PM

Well various religions are a large reason for certain unfortunate events. The crusades never would have happened if it weren't for Catholicism for example, but yes people tend to get unrealistic in their accusations. Also yes, the vast majority of scientists were Christians a while ago, so Christians have done allot for scientific advancement.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 10:22:03 PM

You know the killed people fr hundreds of years when they spouted science in the name of "god".
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 10:22:06 PM
Here is the skinny people. It doesn't matter what the religion, political position or ideology, other a$$holes will twist and distort it to their own ends. A lot of those ends have involved killing people that the a$$hole disagreed with or didn't like. But to say that religion is inherently the cause of such heinous acts is disingenuous.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 7:56:02 AM
At 4/24/2012 10:22:06 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Here is the skinny people. It doesn't matter what the religion, political position or ideology, other a$$holes will twist and distort it to their own ends. A lot of those ends have involved killing people that the a$$hole disagreed with or didn't like. But to say that religion is inherently the cause of such heinous acts is disingenuous.

+1
Wall of LOL
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 6:12:55 PM
bump
Wall of LOL
IveGotUrOuts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 7:58:33 PM
At 4/24/2012 7:40:46 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Uh oh...

*hides and waits for militant atheists to arrive*

those walking contradictions need to hurry up
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 4:05:58 PM
Okay, so a few idiots misinterpret the Bible and uses it as an excuse to kill people.

Given that this is a text from some two millenia ago, who are you to say what it's intent is? Even if you're correct about the idea of the extremists of any religion misinterpreting their particular texts (and you have precisely zero proof of this) why is it beneath your consideration that the idea that these texts are inherently flawed, and therefore most likely neither the word of God nor of true prophets, for these misinterpretations to exist?

At 4/24/2012 7:11:46 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:They then give the rest of their religion a bad reputation. I hate this. Blaming all muslims for 9/11? Most muslims weren't involved, do not agree with Bin Laden, and true Islam teaches peace. I hate it when this happens.

Yet the religious masses in general do very little to prevent it. We're a tribal species I admit, and we all want to be on the winning "team" even if the "team" is something as arbitrary as religion. However does it not speak volumes that the organisations like the Army of God is comprised of people who may sit next to you in church each sunday, and may even brag in bars or in churches, or who openly preach hate or intolerance, and yet Christians as a whole do very little? Or does it not speak volumes that Osama Bin Laden was found not only in Pakistan, a country that was supposed to be a main ally in the war on terror, but was down the road from a Pakistani military base and even after Navy Seals slotted the b*stard, the Pakistani Ambassador was actually p*ssed off at America for doing so?

I'm sorry, but as long as people use their religion for anything, even purely arbitrary crap like bigotry then the religion will be held accountable for as long as it is seen, even minutely, to support or tolerate these causes in precisely the same way any other organisation would be held to the same judgement. Your religion is not beyond judgement.

At 4/24/2012 7:11:46 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:: How? There is nothing in Christianity that inhibits science. This is the result of Medieval idiots somehow getting the idea that science is bad. Now they give Christians a bad reputation.

Dark Ages. Next.

At 4/24/2012 7:11:46 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:: "Christianity has prompted for bigotry and inequality, it promotes hate to athiests, muslims, etc."

Only a few idiots thought that men would be able to fly. Only a few idiots thought that the titanic was sinkable. Only a few idiots thought that the war in Iraq would turn into a long, drawn-out conflict. It's amazing the effect that a few idiots can have.

At 4/24/2012 7:11:46 PM, 1dustpelt wrote: "You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor' and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies. Pray for those who persecute you.

In Ghana, Swaziland, Tanzania, Kenya and potentially the Democratic Republic (Har) of Congo, Albinos are killed because, and I quote, "God wills it"

An Albino is a person with no melanin pigment in their skin. It's a birth defect that makes people susceptible to sunlight and exposure to it. It exists primarily amongst people of African descent.

In 80 countries worldwide, homosexuality is illegal. It carries the death penalty in five countries.

Antisemitism is alive and well throughout parts of Europe, the entire Middle East and parts of Asia.

You are part of one of few religions that isn't discriminated against in the way you seem to believe. What you are referring to is Sectarianism. Namely people's right to hate each other for their choices rather than their race, gender, age or anything else that isn't a choice. You express this quite freely, your issue is not that you are persecuted. Your issue is that you don't like that people hate you back.

At 4/24/2012 7:11:46 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? - Matthew 5:43-47 [2]

It's funny how the Vatican is quick to condemn, rather than embrace, atheism. Not that we give a toss about what an old guy in a dress and a funny hat has to say.

At 4/24/2012 7:11:46 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:: The bigotry is demonstrated by some certain untrue Christians, not Christianity as a whole.

You shall not permit a sorceress to live. (Ex. 22:18)

After this Jesus went about in Galilee; he would not go about in Judea, because the Jews sought to kill him. (John 7:1)

It is better to live in a desert land than with a contentious and fretful woman. (Proverbs 21:19)

Wives, be subject to your husbands, as to the Lord.
23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.
24As the church is subject to Christ, so let wives also be subject in everything to their husbands. (Eph. 5:22-24)

just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise acted immorally and indulged in unnatural lust, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. (Jude 7)

But Er, Judah's first-born, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD slew him.
8Then Judah said to Onan, "Go in to your brother's wife, and perform the duty of a brother-in-law to her, and raise up offspring for your brother."
9But Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother's wife he spilled the semen on the ground, lest he should give offspring to his brother.
10And what he did was displeasing in the sight of the LORD, and he slew him also. (Gen. 38:7-10)

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death, their blood is upon them. (Lev. 20:13)
The LORD is a man of war; the LORD is his name. (Ex. 15:3)

Bigotry comes in many forms. Against people. Against acts. Against organisations. Against religions. Against race. Against gender. Against occupation. The bible is fruitful in its bigoted condemnation of all it deems to be unworthy, despite nobody ever asking its opinion on the subject.

The whole point of an organisation is to bring together like-minded people. When an organisation grows large it naturally begins to push its agenda. When an organsation grows largend rich it naturally seeks to push its agenda using whatever mans it can. When an organisation grows large and rich and infamous then it naturallyseeks to push its agenda using whatever means it can without harming its reputation.

One will find an interesting correlation between the political power of a religion, and the openness with which it preaches hate or intolerance. All religions seek to judge us anyway, with accusations of heresy and hellfire.

You would argue against us judging your religion that judges us by it's very nature simply for not being amongst its ranks.

You would argue unwisely.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
gr33k_fr33k5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 8:11:50 PM
At 4/24/2012 8:28:09 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:

Simply because the media which spoon feeds the people doesn't report Buddhist terrorists due to their extremely biased agenda, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You should really look outside the media and Sam Harris (who you seem to put in high esteem), it's much different than you think.

. . . look outside the media? To what? Conspiracy theorist websites? You do realize that any information found on the internet comes from "media" so unless you want to devote your life to studying the buddhist's that may or may not commit acts of terrorism, well, thats up to you.
I am free, free indeed!

ignorance is bliss
gr33k_fr33k5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 8:12:32 PM
At 4/24/2012 10:22:06 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

^^ this
I am free, free indeed!

ignorance is bliss
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 8:13:40 PM
At 4/26/2012 8:11:50 PM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
At 4/24/2012 8:28:09 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:

. . . look outside the media? To what? Conspiracy theorist websites? You do realize that any information found on the internet comes from "media" so unless you want to devote your life to studying the buddhist's that may or may not commit acts of terrorism, well, thats up to you.

Haha.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts