Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Can God love?

GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 11:22:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Can God love?

We are told that the mythical bible God is love or the epitome of love.

Archetypal Jesus said that we would know his people by the love, deeds and actions they showed others.

Jesus gave us examples of the deeds and works. Feed the poor, love all our neighbours, do not sin and many others.

Love then, seems to Jesus, to be something that must be shown by deeds, actions and works to be alive and true love. Love, like faith, without works is dead. Both St. James and Jesus agree on this.

It follows then that if God is not doing something to show this love then the love for man expressed in scriptures is wrong and God cannot love.

You are in the image of God. When you love someone you show them that love by works and deeds. This is how the recipient of that love knows it is there and that allows for reciprocity. You will agree that without reciprocity, true love cannot exist between two individuals. We must do things for each other for true love to exist.

Imagine what those you love would think if you never did anything to express your love. Imagine what you would think of the love of others towards you if they never did anything to show they loved you. See what I mean. Love always must have deeds to be real and true and reciprocity must be at play.

Love then has no choice but to be expressed if it is true love.

We are told that God loved his son so much that he planned to have him sacrificed even before the earth was created. This human sacrifice or any other human sacrifice, voluntary or not, is immoral and the notion that it is good to sacrifice an innocent victim to give the guilty believers a free ride into heaven is a completely self-gratifying notion and is completely immoral. One does not show love for someone by having them sacrificed for the sins of others when God himself stated that we are all responsible for our own salvation and cannot put that responsibility of the shoulders of a scapegoat Jesus.

Does love need deeds and works to be expressed?

Have you seen God express his love for us lately?

Regards
DL

These following speak to this issue if you wish to view them.
Nosaj5q
Posts: 175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 11:24:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
well i guess the best way to route that logic is the person that came up with the idea of god is an inconsistent storyteller
Slimy yet satisfying"
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 2:39:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Gods demostrations of Love are not an example we are to live by, as much as a portrayal of the righteous, and how we are utteraly incapable of such Love.

Now, i imagine everyone here has different aspects of their personalities.

Some of us maybe tend to be kind or generous, but at the same time serious and with a lack of humor.

Some of us are humble and reserved, but love to be in the limelight, or be praised.

My point, is that God has many different aspects of his nature, just like we do - only he has it on the omni- level.

When you are relying on your own logic, you will fail to recognize the possibility of us lacking understanding. It then becomed as if man are the epitome of intelegence, and if we cannot make sense of something, then it must be false.

This however, is understandable.. if you can insert a certain amount of humility into your perspective.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2012 11:11:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/27/2012 2:39:50 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
Gods demostrations of Love are not an example we are to live by, as much as a portrayal of the righteous, and how we are utteraly incapable of such Love.

Now, i imagine everyone here has different aspects of their personalities.

Some of us maybe tend to be kind or generous, but at the same time serious and with a lack of humor.

Some of us are humble and reserved, but love to be in the limelight, or be praised.

My point, is that God has many different aspects of his nature, just like we do - only he has it on the omni- level.


When you are relying on your own logic, you will fail to recognize the possibility of us lacking understanding. It then becomed as if man are the epitome of intelegence, and if we cannot make sense of something, then it must be false.

This however, is understandable.. if you can insert a certain amount of humility into your perspective.

Thanks for this.
You make my point for me.

If our logic is wrong, and God allows it, scripture indicate that God does not love us.

Proverbs 3:12
For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

To not correct us shows his hate for us.

Regards
DL
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2012 1:31:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/28/2012 11:11:30 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 4/27/2012 2:39:50 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
Gods demostrations of Love are not an example we are to live by, as much as a portrayal of the righteous, and how we are utteraly incapable of such Love.

Now, i imagine everyone here has different aspects of their personalities.

Some of us maybe tend to be kind or generous, but at the same time serious and with a lack of humor.

Some of us are humble and reserved, but love to be in the limelight, or be praised.

My point, is that God has many different aspects of his nature, just like we do - only he has it on the omni- level.


When you are relying on your own logic, you will fail to recognize the possibility of us lacking understanding. It then becomed as if man are the epitome of intelegence, and if we cannot make sense of something, then it must be false.

This however, is understandable.. if you can insert a certain amount of humility into your perspective.

Thanks for this.
You make my point for me.

If our logic is wrong, and God allows it, scripture indicate that God does not love us.


Sin is so comonly spoke about, as if one is only that which is recognizable; actions, works, deeds.

Those are secondary - symptoms of a sinner. As it prevalent in the scriptures, we are a union of Body and Soul. Our sin was produced inwardly, and infected our being.

Our desires, motives, thoughts, and feelings are all drowned in Sin and hindered by it. Our logic is thus caged by our flesh, and unable to surpass what the flesh allows it. We are slaves to Sin.

God set forth an attonement, and now we are to seek knowledge, in faith, of Him. it is Grace(an undeserving gift) that we will be relieved of our hinderance, and no longer bound to the walls of mans logic.

Proverbs 3:12
For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

To not correct us shows his hate for us.


But he does correct us?? Our entire lives are more punishment then blessing..
We are "sin" and we are lost to this life. When the Law cast it's light on humanity - it looks like sh*t.

Evil, is our correction. He knows who will embrace correction, and who will not.

Those he punishes, reveals his hate for SIN.

Regards
DL
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 1:13:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/28/2012 11:22:45 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Well, which one of us?

All those not corrected by God himself.

Or those of us who are always right.
I am the only one I know like that though. :)

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 1:19:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/28/2012 1:31:25 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:



But he does correct us?? Our entire lives are more punishment then blessing..
We are "sin" and we are lost to this life. When the Law cast it's light on humanity - it looks like sh*t.

Evil, is our correction. He knows who will embrace correction, and who will not.

Those he punishes, reveals his hate for SIN.


Regards
DL


Such self-deprecation.
How droll, if it were not so pathetic.
You have learned well from your religious guilt producing masters.

If God hates sin so much, why is it the sinners that gets sent to everlasting purposeless torture?
Something this is immoral in and of itself.

Regards
DL