To my fellow Christians....Jesus warned us

IveGotUrOuts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2012 5:13:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
To my fellow Christians..........Jesus warned us we would be hated

My fellow Christians Jesus told us we would be hated because of his name which only shows us the word is correct.

"If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first" John 15:18

"You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved."
Matthew 10:22

"Then you will be arrested, persecuted, and killed. You will be hated all over the world because you are my followers."
Matthew 24:9

But we must remember what else Jesus said....

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you"
Matthew 5:44

Don't give up. You have had thoughts of giving up. Maybe thoughts of walking away from Jesus and back into the arms of evil.

Don't you know the source of this temptation? It's Satan who knows where you are weak. But don't forget that God is faithful and he will work all things together for you because you love Him

Don't turn away from God. Don't check out of your responsibilities. Don't turn away from your family. Don't do it. Don't give up. You may hurt inside, but it's nothing. You can come out of it stronger and happier. Pray and trust in God's answer.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2012 5:55:28 AM
Don't question your beliefs, just believe what you have been taught, and just tell yourself you are being persecuted for Jesus name, I mean its not possible that what you believe might actually be wrong ? nah.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2012 6:01:14 AM
Yes, Jesus warned you that people in a religion would be persecuted by those who are not part of that religion, because that's not what all religions do.

Also, I'd like to point out that the quotes are so vague that if a Christian is persecuted for being a paedophilic nazi, they'd be able to use all those quotes to defend themselves theologically.

Finally, bearing in mind Christianity in general has been killing everyone who wasn't Christians for the last 1500 years, I think you have a bit of gall saying *now* you are being persecuted which is bad. The level of persecution is the idea that believing in a sky man is comical. When people take the p!ss out of buffets with the same level of persecution, I don't really think you understand what persecution is.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2012 6:02:45 AM

"Then you will be arrested, persecuted, and killed. You will be hated all over the world because you are my followers."

This one is interesting: when, all over the world (i.e. in all countries) Christians are "arrested, persecuted and killed" for being Christian, please call me back. Also, tell me when we stopped abiding by the EU conventions, where we ban the Death Penalty.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

SeanMichael
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2012 10:36:01 AM
Christianity did not kill people for thousands of years nor any other religion. It was people who did these things using a faith to hide their crimes behind. However lets say the world was atheists you think then people would not go on to kill?. It is in spite of faith that people kill not because of it. These people would have found another reason to hide behind in order to achieve the objective the really wanted.
Also without religion whoose moral teachings do we abide by?.
Tlhedglin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2012 12:24:21 PM
At 4/28/2012 5:13:59 AM, IveGotUrOuts wrote:

Indeed, and after centuries of being on top and screwing over just about every religious and nonreligious group in existence that is smaller than you, you are!

Congratulations!

My fellow Christians Jesus told us we would be hated because of his name which only shows us the word is correct.

Oops! He got that wrong. Nobody actually hates his name, just the people who claim to follow him and breath vitriol all over any that doesn't.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2012 1:17:48 PM
At 4/28/2012 5:55:28 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Don't question your beliefs, just believe what you have been taught, and just tell yourself you are being persecuted for Jesus name, I mean its not possible that what you believe might actually be wrong ? nah.

Yeah, don't question your beliefs, just stay locked into one frame of mind so your opinions can stay valueless and your experience will never evolve.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2012 1:21:56 PM
At 4/28/2012 6:01:14 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

Also, I'd like to point out that the quotes are so vague that if a Christian is persecuted for being a paedophilic nazi, they'd be able to use all those quotes to defend themselves theologically.

That would be a very poor exegesis of scripture haha
SeanMichael
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2012 3:10:43 PM
I do not hate anyone who does not follow Christ or his teachings. Some people on this thread have talked about all the bad pints of christianity. Like as if all christians are numbskulls believing in some big fairytale. Well what about all the great minds that were christian in belief. Where did the universities you learn in come from?. Who was it who started to give education to all the people. Lets take a look at some of the scientists who were christian. Nicolaus Copernicus (1473-1543), Galileo Galilei(1564-162), Johannes Kepler(1571-1630) Rene Descartres(1596-1650), Blaise Pascal(1623-1662) Isaac Newton(1642-1727), Robert Boyle(1627-1691), Leonhard Euler1707-1783), Michael Faraday(1791-1867), Gregor Mendel(1822-1884), James Clerk-Maxwell(1831-1879), George Boole(1815-1864), Louis Pasteur(1822-1895), Wilhelm Roentgen(1845-1923), Max Planck(1858-1947), Werner Heisenbrg(1901-1976), Fr Georges Le-maitre(1894-1966), Richard Smalley(1943-2005), Allen Sandage(1926-2010), Freeman Dyson(1923-present), Simon Conway Morris(1951-present), James D. Barrow(1952-present), Francis Collins(150-present).

I think christians and christianity has made a profund impact on the world, and in my opinion for the better
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2012 6:44:03 PM

I believe he was referencing persecution not failure of debate. Also he pointed out 'stay the course' and in the end you will be stronger for it.

To be fair even if atheism is accurate there is no 'loss' to staying the course during the persecution, for one that is not naturalistically bound.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2012 6:45:15 PM

"If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first" John 15:18

"You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved."
Matthew 10:22

But we must remember what else Jesus said....

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you"
Matthew 5:44

Don't give up. You have had thoughts of giving up. Maybe thoughts of walking away from Jesus and back into the arms of evil.

Don't you know the source of this temptation? It's Satan who knows where you are weak. But don't forget that God is faithful and he will work all things together for you because you love Him

Don't turn away from God. Don't check out of your responsibilities. Don't turn away from your family. Don't do it. Don't give up. You may hurt inside, but it's nothing. You can come out of it stronger and happier. Pray and trust in God's answer.

I am comforted by your words and it does us all well to continue to be reminded to pursue God even during difficult times. I myself confirm God will bring us through stronger on the other side of affliction and trial.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2012 7:02:38 PM
At 4/28/2012 6:44:03 PM, Gileandos wrote:

I believe he was referencing persecution not failure of debate. Also he pointed out 'stay the course' and in the end you will be stronger for it.

Sure, trouble is alot of Christians if you argue against them see that as persecution, if you don't agree with what ever bs they are up to, and even opposie it, you are persecuting them.

Person 1: God sent that hurricane to punish homosexuals
Person 2: You can't prove that, even if God sent that hurricane there is no more proof that it is sent to punish for homosexuality than say taking part in a war in the middle east based on a lie.

Person 1: OMG, you hate Jesus, you hate the bible, I am being persecuted for my FAITH !!! Jesus said this would happen.

Person 2: Idiot

Person 1: See I am being persecuted for Jesus

To be fair even if atheism is accurate there is no 'loss' to staying the course during the persecution, for one that is not naturalistically bound.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
SeanMichael
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 6:12:29 AM
At 4/28/2012 7:02:38 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Sure, trouble is alot of Christians if you argue against them see that as persecution, if you don't agree with what ever bs they are up to, and even opposie it, you are persecuting them.

Person 2: You can't prove that, even if God sent that hurricane there is no more proof that it is sent to punish for homosexuality than say taking part in a war in the middle east based on a lie.

Person 1: OMG, you hate Jesus, you hate the bible, I am being persecuted for my FAITH !!! Jesus said this would happen.

What you have said can apply to any group theist or atheists if you argue against them they to may percieve themselve to persecuted. Wether this pereption is right or not is a matter of opinion. I personally believe in western society theism and christianity in particular are under attack. Peoples ethic morality is under more pressuure to do things they would not othrwise do. Some doctors of faith having to provide referral to abortion clinincs, giving contraception to young females, and males. Religious leaders having to perform same sex mariage. Religious organisaions having to employ people who do not adhere to their religious ethos, which is contradicting the message they are trying to send out. Religious peoples tax money going to help provide services they believe to be morraly wrong. All these things and many more besides.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 6:40:12 AM
At 4/29/2012 6:12:29 AM, SeanMichael wrote:

What you have said can apply to any group theist or atheists if you argue against them they to may percieve themselve to persecuted. Wether this pereption is right or not is a matter of opinion. I personally believe in western society theism and christianity in particular are under attack. Peoples ethic morality is under more pressuure to do things they would not othrwise do. Some doctors of faith having to provide referral to abortion clinincs, giving contraception to young females, and males. Religious leaders having to perform same sex mariage. Religious organisaions having to employ people who do not adhere to their religious ethos, which is contradicting the message they are trying to send out. Religious peoples tax money going to help provide services they believe to be morraly wrong. All these things and many more besides.

I doubt you will find many who demand that a religious leader do a gay marriage, they merely ask that gay marriage be allowed to happen.

""Indeed, religion allows people to imagine that their concerns are moral when they are highly immoral - that is, when pressing these concerns inflicts unnecessary and appalling suffering on innocent human beings. This explains why Christians like yourself expend more "moral" energy opposing abortion than fighting genocide. It explains why you are more concerned about human embryos than about the lifesaving promise of stem-cell research. And it explains why you can preach against condom use in sub-Saharan Africa while millions die from AIDS there each year. (25)" "

Sam Harris
SeanMichael
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 6:58:34 AM
At 4/29/2012 6:40:12 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 4/29/2012 6:12:29 AM, SeanMichael wrote:

I doubt you will find many who demand that a religious leader do a gay marriage, they merely ask that gay marriage be allowed to happen.

""Indeed, religion allows people to imagine that their concerns are moral when they are highly immoral - that is, when pressing these concerns inflicts unnecessary and appalling suffering on innocent human beings. This explains why Christians like yourself expend more "moral" energy opposing abortion than fighting genocide. It explains why you are more concerned about human embryos than about the lifesaving promise of stem-cell research. And it explains why you can preach against condom use in sub-Saharan Africa while millions die from AIDS there each year. (25)" "

Sam Harris

It's not the fact many people would ask a religious to perform a gay marriage. However if they were asked they would have to perform this marriage under law even if they did not agree with it..

Do not tell me what religion does and does not do. You have your own personal perceptions as I do mine.
I believe abortion is wrong because who has the authority to say who has the right to life and who does not.
Also in Africa where people are dying from aids christian organisations are doing more than any secular organisations to save lives. In Africa where contraception is being handed out in some parts there has been a rise in sexually transmitted diseases including HIV. In the parts were people are being eduated about chastity there has been a proven decrease. Why keep sticking to a method that has proven to fail.
Tnkissfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 5:51:25 PM

Its also possible that what we believe is right. Yes,we expect to be hated.Thats okay. Anyone that wishes to be a Christian should be aware of what they are getting into. You cant have a weak personality and be a good Christian,IMO.
Tnkissfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 5:56:09 PM
At 4/28/2012 12:24:21 PM, Tlhedglin wrote:

Indeed, and after centuries of being on top and screwing over just about every religious and nonreligious group in existence that is smaller than you, you are!

Congratulations!

Oops! He got that wrong. Nobody actually hates his name, just the people who claim to follow him and breath vitriol all over any that doesn't.

Actually he said we would be hated because of His name,not that anyone would hate Jesus name. That would be pretty stupid.
Tnkissfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 5:59:06 PM
At 4/28/2012 1:17:48 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

Yeah, don't question your beliefs, just stay locked into one frame of mind so your opinions can stay valueless and your experience will never evolve.

Maybe we HAVE questioned our beliefs and found that all religions fail us so we come back to God.Maybe our experiances without God werent so great and values without God are subjective and mean nothing.
Tnkissfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 6:00:34 PM
At 4/28/2012 3:10:43 PM, SeanMichael wrote:
I do not hate anyone who does not follow Christ or his teachings. Some people on this thread have talked about all the bad pints of christianity. Like as if all christians are numbskulls believing in some big fairytale. Well what about all the great minds that were christian in belief. Where did the universities you learn in come from?. Who was it who started to give education to all the people. Lets take a look at some of the scientists who were christian. Nicolaus Copernicus (1473-1543), Galileo Galilei(1564-162), Johannes Kepler(1571-1630) Rene Descartres(1596-1650), Blaise Pascal(1623-1662) Isaac Newton(1642-1727), Robert Boyle(1627-1691), Leonhard Euler1707-1783), Michael Faraday(1791-1867), Gregor Mendel(1822-1884), James Clerk-Maxwell(1831-1879), George Boole(1815-1864), Louis Pasteur(1822-1895), Wilhelm Roentgen(1845-1923), Max Planck(1858-1947), Werner Heisenbrg(1901-1976), Fr Georges Le-maitre(1894-1966), Richard Smalley(1943-2005), Allen Sandage(1926-2010), Freeman Dyson(1923-present), Simon Conway Morris(1951-present), James D. Barrow(1952-present), Francis Collins(150-present).

I think christians and christianity has made a profund impact on the world, and in my opinion for the better

Very good point.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 6:07:55 PM

That is is just a biased sample fallacy, hasty generalization against 'Christians' and mean to be an insult. Thanks for commenting though.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 6:55:05 PM
At 4/28/2012 10:36:01 AM, SeanMichael wrote:
Christianity did not kill people for thousands of years nor any other religion. It was people who did these things using a faith to hide their crimes behind. However lets say the world was atheists you think then people would not go on to kill?. It is in spite of faith that people kill not because of it. These people would have found another reason to hide behind in order to achieve the objective the really wanted.
Also without religion whoose moral teachings do we abide by?.

lol. Ignoring the irrelevancy of the final statement, you more or less said "Christians don't kill, only people who call themselves Christians", also known as everyone you don't like but are Christians. Then a Tu Quoque argument based in ignorance.

Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 7:02:12 PM
At 4/28/2012 3:10:43 PM, SeanMichael wrote:

OK, ignoring the ones that are wrong (Planck being Christian just plain wrong)(Mendel became "christian" to not work on a farm), etc. and the ones that I class as more or less wrong (Dyson, Collins, Decartes) you are left with a few dozen.

http://ncse.com...

Project Steve is a list of scientists who don't believe in God, called Steve. The list is almost at 1300.

Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 7:04:02 PM
At 4/29/2012 6:58:34 AM, SeanMichael wrote:

It's not the fact many people would ask a religious to perform a gay marriage. However if they were asked they would have to perform this marriage under law even if they did not agree with it..

BULLSH!T ALERT.

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 10:36:14 PM
At 4/29/2012 6:07:55 PM, Gileandos wrote:

That is is just a biased sample fallacy, hasty generalization against 'Christians' and mean to be an insult. Thanks for commenting though.

No its not hasty cause I don't apply it too all christians. It only applies to chrisitans who have this warped sense of they are being persecuted.