Total Posts:53|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Atheist Bigots

1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 3:51:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Micro Suck is one
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 3:52:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
And why do you say that?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 3:58:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yup.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 3:59:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
you hate everyone
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:02:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 3:59:03 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
you hate everyone

No I don't. I hate their religion, not them as a person.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Ahmed.M
Posts: 616
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:06:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 4:02:42 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 4/29/2012 3:59:03 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
you hate everyone

No I don't. I hate their religion, not them as a person.

Why do you hate religion?
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:08:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 4:06:26 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
At 4/29/2012 4:02:42 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 4/29/2012 3:59:03 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
you hate everyone

No I don't. I hate their religion, not them as a person.

Why do you hate religion?

He is a bigot
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:09:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 4:06:26 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
At 4/29/2012 4:02:42 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 4/29/2012 3:59:03 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
you hate everyone

No I don't. I hate their religion, not them as a person.

Why do you hate religion?

SO many reasons. And no, I am not a bigot.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Ahmed.M
Posts: 616
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:13:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 4:09:25 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 4/29/2012 4:06:26 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
At 4/29/2012 4:02:42 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 4/29/2012 3:59:03 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
you hate everyone

No I don't. I hate their religion, not them as a person.

Why do you hate religion?

SO many reasons. And no, I am not a bigot.

Give your best ones.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:14:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 4:09:10 PM, Koopin wrote:
Wasn't he just a Christian?

Mircosuck has been everything at one time.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:14:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 4:08:31 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 4/29/2012 4:06:26 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
At 4/29/2012 4:02:42 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 4/29/2012 3:59:03 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
you hate everyone

No I don't. I hate their religion, not them as a person.

Why do you hate religion?

He is a bigot

How exactly?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:16:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 4:09:10 PM, Koopin wrote:
Wasn't he just a Christian?

Jewish, I think.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:19:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 4:13:57 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
At 4/29/2012 4:09:25 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 4/29/2012 4:06:26 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
At 4/29/2012 4:02:42 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 4/29/2012 3:59:03 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
you hate everyone

No I don't. I hate their religion, not them as a person.

Why do you hate religion?

SO many reasons. And no, I am not a bigot.

Give your best ones.

Well, for one thing, most ultra-fundamentalist completely botch the theory of evolution and big bang and all of science that it makes me want to gag. Moreover, hell is one big argumentum ad balancum and hell is a big turn off for me in any religion. Rather than fearing me into a religion, hell scares me OUT of a religoin.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Ahmed.M
Posts: 616
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:28:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 4:19:40 PM, Microsuck wrote:
Well, for one thing, most ultra-fundamentalist completely botch the theory of evolution and big bang and all of science that it makes me want to gag. Moreover, hell is one big argumentum ad balancum and hell is a big turn off for me in any religion. Rather than fearing me into a religion, hell scares me OUT of a religoin.

1. Everything in evolution I can accept except that we came from apes which is false.
2. Hell makes sense because if you commit evil sins you go to hell, simple.
3. The Quran has higher precedence than all because it came from Allah.

Why do you put science above religion? At least one of the religions came from God therefore it should be the ultimate.
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:28:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 4:19:40 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 4/29/2012 4:13:57 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
At 4/29/2012 4:09:25 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 4/29/2012 4:06:26 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
At 4/29/2012 4:02:42 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 4/29/2012 3:59:03 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
you hate everyone

No I don't. I hate their religion, not them as a person.

Why do you hate religion?

SO many reasons. And no, I am not a bigot.

Give your best ones.


Well, for one thing, most ultra-fundamentalist completely botch the theory of evolution and big bang and all of science that it makes me want to gag. Moreover, hell is one big argumentum ad balancum and hell is a big turn off for me in any religion. Rather than fearing me into a religion, hell scares me OUT of a religoin.

Stereotypes are always caused by the loudest and most annoying...
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:53:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 4:28:34 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
At 4/29/2012 4:19:40 PM, Microsuck wrote:
Well, for one thing, most ultra-fundamentalist completely botch the theory of evolution and big bang and all of science that it makes me want to gag. Moreover, hell is one big argumentum ad balancum and hell is a big turn off for me in any religion. Rather than fearing me into a religion, hell scares me OUT of a religoin.

1. Everything in evolution I can accept except that we came from apes which is false.
2. Hell makes sense because if you commit evil sins you go to hell, simple.
3. The Quran has higher precedence than all because it came from Allah.

Why do you put science above religion? At least one of the religions came from God therefore it should be the ultimate.

"1. Everything in evolution I can accept except that we came from apes which is false."
Why do you believe that?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Veridas
Posts: 733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 5:25:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If we are to believe that modern religions do not partake in mandatory indoctrination of people while they are still children then we can surmise that membership to any given religion is entirely voluntary and based purely on internal decision-making rather than external pressure.

Therefore, if we follow the logic that people join religions freely and voluntarily then they can also surmise that they can at any time leave any given religion should they choose to do so. Again, we should presume therefore that the only thing that would cause them to do so would be any internal reasons they may have rather than external pressure.

Therefore, given that anyone's membership with any given religion at any given time is entirely voluntary, people have the right to criticise and yes even hate it, because the members would have us believe it is entirely voluntary, and therefore they can leave at any time should they wish.

So f*ck your religion.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 5:42:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 4:19:40 PM, Microsuck wrote:


Well, for one thing, most ultra-fundamentalist completely botch the theory of evolution and big bang and all of science that it makes me want to gag. Moreover, hell is one big argumentum ad balancum and hell is a big turn off for me in any religion. Rather than fearing me into a religion, hell scares me OUT of a religoin.

Poor reasons.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 5:47:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 5:25:53 PM, Veridas wrote:
If we are to believe that modern religions do not partake in mandatory indoctrination of people while they are still children then we can surmise that membership to any given religion is entirely voluntary and based purely on internal decision-making rather than external pressure.

Therefore, if we follow the logic that people join religions freely and voluntarily then they can also surmise that they can at any time leave any given religion should they choose to do so. Again, we should presume therefore that the only thing that would cause them to do so would be any internal reasons they may have rather than external pressure.

Therefore, given that anyone's membership with any given religion at any given time is entirely voluntary, people have the right to criticise and yes even hate it, because the members would have us believe it is entirely voluntary, and therefore they can leave at any time should they wish.

So f*ck your religion.

Well said. I will bet five chickens that 85% of religious people were born into said religion.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 5:51:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 5:25:53 PM, Veridas wrote:
If we are to believe that modern religions do not partake in mandatory indoctrination of people while they are still children then we can surmise that membership to any given religion is entirely voluntary and based purely on internal decision-making rather than external pressure.

Therefore, if we follow the logic that people join religions freely and voluntarily then they can also surmise that they can at any time leave any given religion should they choose to do so. Again, we should presume therefore that the only thing that would cause them to do so would be any internal reasons they may have rather than external pressure.

Therefore, given that anyone's membership with any given religion at any given time is entirely voluntary, people have the right to criticise and yes even hate it, because the members would have us believe it is entirely voluntary, and therefore they can leave at any time should they wish.

So f*ck your religion.

Yes, people have the right to criticize and hate it. So?
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 6:26:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 5:51:11 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 4/29/2012 5:25:53 PM, Veridas wrote:
If we are to believe that modern religions do not partake in mandatory indoctrination of people while they are still children then we can surmise that membership to any given religion is entirely voluntary and based purely on internal decision-making rather than external pressure.

Therefore, if we follow the logic that people join religions freely and voluntarily then they can also surmise that they can at any time leave any given religion should they choose to do so. Again, we should presume therefore that the only thing that would cause them to do so would be any internal reasons they may have rather than external pressure.

Therefore, given that anyone's membership with any given religion at any given time is entirely voluntary, people have the right to criticise and yes even hate it, because the members would have us believe it is entirely voluntary, and therefore they can leave at any time should they wish.

So f*ck your religion.

Yes, people have the right to criticize and hate it. So?

So? How does that make people who do bigots? Atheism is the default view. When evidence for religion comes forward, Atheists would then believe. That is not bigotry, that is skepticism.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 6:28:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 6:26:17 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 4/29/2012 5:51:11 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 4/29/2012 5:25:53 PM, Veridas wrote:
If we are to believe that modern religions do not partake in mandatory indoctrination of people while they are still children then we can surmise that membership to any given religion is entirely voluntary and based purely on internal decision-making rather than external pressure.

Therefore, if we follow the logic that people join religions freely and voluntarily then they can also surmise that they can at any time leave any given religion should they choose to do so. Again, we should presume therefore that the only thing that would cause them to do so would be any internal reasons they may have rather than external pressure.

Therefore, given that anyone's membership with any given religion at any given time is entirely voluntary, people have the right to criticise and yes even hate it, because the members would have us believe it is entirely voluntary, and therefore they can leave at any time should they wish.

So f*ck your religion.

Yes, people have the right to criticize and hate it. So?

So? How does that make people who do bigots? Atheism is the default view. When evidence for religion comes forward, Atheists would then believe. That is not bigotry, that is skepticism.

I never said they are. People that for no reason hate it and are intolerant of all Christians, however, are bigots.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
gr33k_fr33k5
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 6:31:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 6:26:17 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 4/29/2012 5:51:11 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 4/29/2012 5:25:53 PM, Veridas wrote:
If we are to believe that modern religions do not partake in mandatory indoctrination of people while they are still children then we can surmise that membership to any given religion is entirely voluntary and based purely on internal decision-making rather than external pressure.

Therefore, if we follow the logic that people join religions freely and voluntarily then they can also surmise that they can at any time leave any given religion should they choose to do so. Again, we should presume therefore that the only thing that would cause them to do so would be any internal reasons they may have rather than external pressure.

Therefore, given that anyone's membership with any given religion at any given time is entirely voluntary, people have the right to criticise and yes even hate it, because the members would have us believe it is entirely voluntary, and therefore they can leave at any time should they wish.

So f*ck your religion.

erm, lol?


Yes, people have the right to criticize and hate it. So?

So? How does that make people who do bigots? Atheism is the default view. When evidence for religion comes forward, Atheists would then believe. That is not bigotry, that is skepticism.

Generalizations are always wrong . . . however, I would have to agree that on this site most atheists come across as bigots. That being said, so do religious people. . . It is a debate site after all.
I am free, free indeed!

ignorance is bliss
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 6:45:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
What exactly is there to like about religion?

Many of them throw the scientific method out the window, embrace intolerance of others' differences, and promote and encourage faith, an inevitable breeder of violence.
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 6:47:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 6:45:15 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
What exactly is there to like about religion?

Many of them throw the scientific method out the window, embrace intolerance of others' differences, and promote and encourage faith, an inevitable breeder of violence.

Another stereotype caused by extremists... Stereotypes are always caused by the loudest most annoying ones...
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 6:53:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 6:47:12 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 4/29/2012 6:45:15 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
What exactly is there to like about religion?

Many of them throw the scientific method out the window, embrace intolerance of others' differences, and promote and encourage faith, an inevitable breeder of violence.

Another stereotype caused by extremists... Stereotypes are always caused by the loudest most annoying ones...

Except that the loudest and most annoying ones adhere to it strongest.

In the UK, we have Cultural Christians: secularists how identify as Christians. This is a massive problem when categorising religiosity of a nation. They have their stereotype thrust upon them (and usually the pious stereotypes), while ignoring the flak from the "darker side" of religion.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...