Jump to topic:

Thought of the Day #5

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 8:10:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1. I don't believe in a God that would fool us into believing we evolved from apes.
I watched a Youtube video a number of years ago on a guy who confessed to be a Christian talking about the evidence for evolution. Number 2 (below) occurred to me after he said number 1.

2. I don't believe in a God that would fool us into believing we can sin justified.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 4:08:02 PM
At 4/29/2012 8:10:06 PM, GodSands wrote:
1. I don't believe in a God that would fool us into believing we evolved from apes.
I watched a Youtube video a number of years ago on a guy who confessed to be a Christian talking about the evidence for evolution. Number 2 (below) occurred to me after he said number 1.

I personally have no problem with God creating us from an already existing DNA structure. God could have easily taken the blueprint of apes and made some modifications and wammo us. No common trait between us gives me pause to worry about the existence of the Christian God or the Bible.

Quite frank; God never gave a clear mechanism in the Bible so any mechanism is plausible.

2. I don't believe in a God that would fool us into believing we can sin justified.

I do not know how this follows from the first statement. Care to expand?
cbrhawk1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 6:42:04 PM

I love God, but you have to take the old books with a grain of salt. I do, however, think there is some element of truth. I believe God did show himself to someone, gave them the means of communicating with him, and that man turned his back on him not long after that point. Once knowledge was acquired, that's when you start seeing huge cities spring up, and us take dominion over our environment (something we probably had to work much harder for since we didn't rely on God to give it to us).
"All science is 'wrong.'" ~ drafterman
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 7:03:21 PM
At 4/30/2012 4:08:02 PM, Gileandos wrote:

I personally have no problem with God creating us from an already existing DNA structure. God could have easily taken the blueprint of apes and made some modifications and wammo us. No common trait between us gives me pause to worry about the existence of the Christian God or the Bible.

Quite frank; God never gave a clear mechanism in the Bible so any mechanism is plausible.

I do not know how this follows from the first statement. Care to expand?

Sure. If we have evolved from ape like creatures, then all we are is animals, whether or not God created us, we have the excuse that is valid enough to say, 'If the birds and the bees can act on instinct, us being as they are, we can too.' End of discussion.

Therefore, did God use evolution to create us, and so fooling us to think sin can be and is justified, or did God simply create us as we are now but far better, so that sin isn't justified? What are your thoughts?