Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Another Biblical Failure to add to the Pile

Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 8:39:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
From the NLT Genesis 6:3...
Then the Lord said, "My Spirit will not put up with humans for such a long time, for they are only mortal flesh. In the future, their normal lifespan will be no more than 120 years."

CEB....
The Lord said, "My breath will not remain in humans forever, because they are flesh. They will live one hundred twenty years."

=====================================================
Now, has this been true till today?

No, Jeanne Calment, the French supercentenarian, has broken God's biological mandate by 894 days. She was born on February 21, 1875 in Arles and died on August 4, 1997 in Arles.
Validation: http://www.demogr.mpg.de...
Story: http://www.nytimes.com...
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 8:40:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
*facepalm*
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 8:40:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 8:39:45 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
From the NLT Genesis 6:3...
Then the Lord said, "My Spirit will not put up with humans for such a long time, for they are only mortal flesh. In the future, their normal lifespan will be no more than 120 years."

CEB....
The Lord said, "My breath will not remain in humans forever, because they are flesh. They will live one hundred twenty years."

=====================================================
Now, has this been true till today?

No, Jeanne Calment, the French supercentenarian, has broken God's biological mandate by 894 days. She was born on February 21, 1875 in Arles and died on August 4, 1997 in Arles.
Validation: http://www.demogr.mpg.de...
Story: http://www.nytimes.com...

WITCH!!! WITCH!!
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 8:43:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 8:40:37 PM, OberHerr wrote:
*facepalm*

I second the facepalm. That was just 'wow' dumb, and I do not say that often.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 8:45:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 8:39:45 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
From the NLT Genesis 6:3...
Then the Lord said, "My Spirit will not put up with humans for such a long time, for they are only mortal flesh. In the future, their normal lifespan will be no more than 120 years."

CEB....
The Lord said, "My breath will not remain in humans forever, because they are flesh. They will live one hundred twenty years."

=====================================================
Now, has this been true till today?

No, Jeanne Calment, the French supercentenarian, has broken God's biological mandate by 894 days. She was born on February 21, 1875 in Arles and died on August 4, 1997 in Arles.
Validation: http://www.demogr.mpg.de...
Story: http://www.nytimes.com...

120 year until God flooded the earth, this is what it is talking about. Since many prophets after the flood lives longer than 120 years, such as Abraham.
cheesedingo1
Posts: 695
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 8:46:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 8:39:45 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
From the NLT Genesis 6:3...
Then the Lord said, "My Spirit will not put up with humans for such a long time, for they are only mortal flesh. In the future, their normal lifespan will be no more than 120 years."

CEB....
The Lord said, "My breath will not remain in humans forever, because they are flesh. They will live one hundred twenty years."

=====================================================
Now, has this been true till today?

No, Jeanne Calment, the French supercentenarian, has broken God's biological mandate by 894 days. She was born on February 21, 1875 in Arles and died on August 4, 1997 in Arles.
Validation: http://www.demogr.mpg.de...
Story: http://www.nytimes.com...

I thought this was going to be mildly sacreligious, but I loled.
My name is Cheesedingo1. I am a dingo. Made of cheese. My favorite number is one. BOOM.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 9:44:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 8:45:51 PM, GodSands wrote:

120 year until God flooded the earth, this is what it is talking about. Since many prophets after the flood lives longer than 120 years, such as Abraham.

That is biblically erroneous. Before this (Gen 6:3) verse, Noah was five hundred years old (Gen 5:32) and then at the time of the flood Noah was six hundred years old (Gen 7:11). So, the time between Gen 6:3 and the flood was less than 100 years; this makes that interpretation false from a biblical standpoint and gives more credence to the point that I and other Christians make.

Look at the supposed life spans before and after the flood:
http://www.biblestudy.org...
.
.
.
Gen 5:32 http://www.biblegateway.com...
Gen 7:11 http://www.biblegateway.com...

"Ultimately either explanation of the 120 years is plausible, however given the context I would lean toward the reduction of lifespan."
http://ponderingscripture.wordpress.com...

-WSA
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
astrocometman
Posts: 86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 7:19:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 8:39:45 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
From the NLT Genesis 6:3...
Then the Lord said, "My Spirit will not put up with humans for such a long time, for they are only mortal flesh. In the future, their normal lifespan will be no more than 120 years."

CEB....
The Lord said, "My breath will not remain in humans forever, because they are flesh. They will live one hundred twenty years."


First, as I point out with all atheists, what you spin your time denying is an affirmation of its reality in your head. Atheists focus on Yahweh of the bible for their denials of the existence of God. If you were to honestly reveal the distribution of your time in criticisms of religion I'll bet a million to a thousand the majority of your time is focused on scripture's revelation. There's a reason for that, both within and without yourself.

Tell me how an atheist spends the majority of his time in the world of ideas attempting to repudiate Christian themes when, for instance there are some 30 million gods the people of India worship? Lets take it to all the gods everywhere, why spend any time at all criticizing when none of them are real in your mind? What's real is you are fulfilling biblical prophecy in your mockery. What do you think about that? Scripture quite clearly declares there will be mockery to the end of the age. Here you are fulfilling scripture. Scripture is mocked incessantly in your mind, which is, in and of itself in the service of scripture. You are locked into the role you are playing. You will remain in that frame of mind as it is your and other atheists role to play. So, now we know the context of your function.

On your thought of a failure of scripture you fail to realize what's clearly in view in Yahweh's functions. There are trials and tribulation, there are mercies. Do we know when or where? No. What we do know is they occur. A woman living as i-indicated is no repudiation of what scriptural reveals, it is an example. Your being captured in a routine in your mockery you are an example as well.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 2:12:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/30/2012 7:19:04 AM, astrocometman wrote:

First, as I point out with all atheists, what you spin your time denying is an affirmation of its reality in your head. Atheists focus on Yahweh of the bible for their denials of the existence of God. If you were to honestly reveal the distribution of your time in criticisms of religion I'll bet a million to a thousand the majority of your time is focused on scripture's revelation. There's a reason for that, both within and without yourself.

Your rather ambiguous circumlocution is making it difficult to understand your point, but if you're asking why the hasty generalization you made of me (that I focus on Christianity in my criticism of religion), the answer is that the society around me is predominantly Christian and most of the theists with which I discuss religion are Christian; thus, that is why I spend the negligible time I argue about religion on Christianity.

Tell me how an atheist spends the majority of his time in the world of ideas attempting to repudiate Christian themes when, for instance there are some 30 million gods the people of India worship?

[ABOVE] + I spend most of my time in the world of ideas on economics, political science, and philosophy; criticizing religion is a part-time gig in the world of ideas, because it's fun, but a little too easy. I need a challenge, and economics and philosophy are profound subjects. I don't need to scour the Universe disproving gods, because as the evidence stands now, no religion or god has adequate evidence to affirm its claims or supreme status.

Lets take it to all the gods everywhere, why spend any time at all criticizing when none of them are real in your mind?

What's real is you are fulfilling biblical prophecy in your mockery. What do you think about that? Scripture quite clearly declares there will be mockery to the end of the age. Here you are fulfilling scripture. Scripture is mocked incessantly in your mind, which is, in and of itself in the service of scripture. You are locked into the role you are playing. You will remain in that frame of mind as it is your and other atheists role to play. So, now we know the context of your function.

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity." -Thomas Jefferson

On your thought of a failure of scripture you fail to realize what's clearly in view in Yahweh's functions. There are trials and tribulation, there are mercies. Do we know when or where? No. What we do know is they occur. A woman living as i-indicated is no repudiation of what scriptural reveals, it is an example. Your being captured in a routine in your mockery you are an example as well.

You didn't address the failure of scripture I posted. You are lacking in word economy and cogency. Please re-post with meaning behind your statements.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
baggins
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 11:41:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/29/2012 8:39:45 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
From the NLT Genesis 6:3...
Then the Lord said, "My Spirit will not put up with humans for such a long time, for they are only mortal flesh. In the future, their normal lifespan will be no more than 120 years."

CEB....
The Lord said, "My breath will not remain in humans forever, because they are flesh. They will live one hundred twenty years."

=====================================================
Now, has this been true till today?

No, Jeanne Calment, the French supercentenarian, has broken God's biological mandate by 894 days. She was born on February 21, 1875 in Arles and died on August 4, 1997 in Arles.
Validation: http://www.demogr.mpg.de...
Story: http://www.nytimes.com...

This is a translation of a translation of original (at best). There is no contradiction. Imagine a word 'usually' somewhere.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.