Jump to topic:

Thought of the Day #6

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 7:18:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was walking to work yesterday, and I got an idea about time and perception and God.

Here it is. In philosophy there is the idea called idealism, which involves God in a confusing way, so I won't go into that. But the main idea is that what exists is what you sense. So if you are looking at a herd of cows, then that is all what exists, until you turn and look in another direction, and then the sight of the cows won't exist anymore. So having said that as a base line so my thought, if there is no objections or absolution's in a secular, relative world view. Is reality only what you sense and no more. I mean, scientists go on about how amazing the universe is with all it's complexity and scale, but if reality is all what you sense, then it isn't really that impressive.

In other words, your universe is all in your head. And there is no gigantic universe, or complexity, because the universe is like a download on feelings, you just don't know what the downloaded data contains.

With God, however, He is conscious and everywhere, so the universe is gigantic and complex with God around. Just saying.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 7:23:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/2/2012 7:18:55 PM, GodSands wrote:
I was walking to work yesterday, and I got an idea about time and perception and God.

Here it is. In philosophy there is the idea called idealism, which involves God in a confusing way, so I won't go into that. But the main idea is that what exists is what you sense. So if you are looking at a herd of cows, then that is all what exists, until you turn and look in another direction, and then the sight of the cows won't exist anymore. So having said that as a base line so my thought, if there is no objections or absolution's in a secular, relative world view. Is reality only what you sense and no more. I mean, scientists go on about how amazing the universe is with all it's complexity and scale, but if reality is all what you sense, then it isn't really that impressive.

In other words, your universe is all in your head. And there is no gigantic universe, or complexity, because the universe is like a download on feelings, you just don't know what the downloaded data contains.

With God, however, He is conscious and everywhere, so the universe is gigantic and complex with God around. Just saying.

Actually on that last part about God, I made a mistake, by saying God is conscious and everywhere, therefore the universe is gigantic and complex. But so are other people. So that's a flaw. Just to say, what I mean by complex and gigantic isn't detail and space but instead, if the universe is all that you sense and no more, then when you look back at your life before you die, it isn't that impressive to what your universe could have been like in comparison to the objective universe.