Westboro baptist church

1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 7:11:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
These people are IDIOTS!

I agree with this person: (Youtube video)
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 7:12:02 PM
These people are the ones that make Christians look bad!
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 7:13:04 PM
At 5/7/2012 7:12:02 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:

Yes, there are people from every group that make said group look bad.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 8:56:11 PM
At 5/7/2012 7:12:02 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:

I think hundreds of people are going to picket Fred Phelps' funeral when he dies. They're absolutely despicable people.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 9:05:47 PM
As horrible as their views are, this group of people are definitely entertaining. Just the fact that they wrote long explanations about why God hates virtually every country on earth is heartbreakingly comical.

http://www.godhatestheworld.com...
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 9:07:40 PM
If you click on Mongolia, there's a banner which on one side says, "God sent the quake" and on the other, "Buddha is a fat whore."

LOL!
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 9:23:16 PM
At 5/7/2012 9:05:47 PM, Mirza wrote:
As horrible as their views are, this group of people are definitely entertaining. Just the fact that they wrote long explanations about why God hates virtually every country on earth is heartbreakingly comical.

ROFL. This is hilarious.

I see that God is pleased with Latvia and Kyrgyzstan. I now know where to hunker down. Wait... South pacific Islands are ok With GoD! I am out of here!
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 9:29:25 PM
At 5/7/2012 9:23:16 PM, Gileandos wrote:

ROFL. This is hilarious.

I see that God is pleased with Latvia and Kyrgyzstan. I now know where to hunker down. Wait... South pacific Islands are ok With GoD! I am out of here!

Oh drat.
The color code was not that God 'was not angry' at those locations, it is just that God's Wrath is 'coming soon'.

Damn Latvians. Could not hold it together.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 9:58:37 PM

And you know what their response will be to your mocking? the same response that christians have used throughout the years.........

Your just a bunch of mockers, you won't be laughing when God throws you into hell for eternity. Cite bible verse here, blah blah blah mockers, blah blah blah won't listen to sound doctrine blah blah blah we are the light, blah blah blah blinded by satan.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 10:03:30 PM
At 5/7/2012 9:58:37 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

And you know what their response will be to your mocking? the same response that christians have used throughout the years.........

Your just a bunch of mockers, you won't be laughing when God throws you into hell for eternity. Cite bible verse here, blah blah blah mockers, blah blah blah won't listen to sound doctrine blah blah blah we are the light, blah blah blah blinded by satan.

The amusing part, is they very well could be correct. I am laughing at their approach.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 10:08:43 PM
At 5/7/2012 10:03:30 PM, Gileandos wrote:

The amusing part, is they very well could be correct. I am laughing at their approach.

They can't be correct. If God is going to use bad weather to punish sexual sin, then the vatican would find its self in the middle of a constant tornado, ya know, cover up the pedophile stuff.

Yes I went there, but hey, the amusing part is, I could very well be correct..........
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 9:52:42 AM
At 5/7/2012 10:08:43 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

They can't be correct. If God is going to use bad weather to punish sexual sin, then the vatican would find its self in the middle of a constant tornado, ya know, cover up the pedophile stuff.

Yes I went there, but hey, the amusing part is, I could very well be correct..........

Nice try.
Criminal pedophiles infiltrating an institution that gives them easy access to children and the appearance of being 'above reproach' is expected and not a condemnation of Christianity or of the Church.

You are pulling a serious contortion to try to do so.

But that does nothing to detract from the fact that they could be ultimately correct as to the end result.

My issue, which I find funny, not mockery, is the concept of holding a sign calling buddha a whore or "Your Pastor is a whore!" and such. I have no idea where they get that stuff. It is highly humorous and I have no desire to silence them.

Only idiots will condemn Christianity due to such silly tactics disguised as warnings.
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 5:11:11 AM
At 5/8/2012 9:52:42 AM, Gileandos wrote:

Nice try.
Criminal pedophiles infiltrating an institution that gives them easy access to children and the appearance of being 'above reproach' is expected and not a condemnation of Christianity or of the Church.

But that does nothing to detract from the fact that they could be ultimately correct as to the end result.

My issue, which I find funny, not mockery, is the concept of holding a sign calling buddha a whore or "Your Pastor is a whore!" and such. I have no idea where they get that stuff. It is highly humorous and I have no desire to silence them.

Only idiots will condemn Christianity due to such silly tactics disguised as warnings.

I wonder if you'd say that if your kid was a victim.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 7:36:24 AM
At 5/9/2012 5:11:11 AM, Veridas wrote:

Nice try.

I wonder if you'd say that if your kid was a victim.

A victim of what?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 7:56:04 AM

Nice try.

Even if what you said is true, it only furthers the point, since you have all these criminal pedophiles in the church, God would be blasting the church with tornadoes, ya know, haven't you heard, God uses the weather to punish sexual sin. Or maybe its only gay sins, he over looks the kiddy fiddlers, mysterious ways and all that.

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:01:26 AM
Well, they certainly have their Bible right!

1. God hates all those that break his law.
2. Homosexuals violate God's law
3. Therefore, God hates homosexuals.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 9:22:26 AM
At 5/9/2012 7:56:04 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Nice try.

Even if what you said is true, it only furthers the point, since you have all these criminal pedophiles in the church, God would be blasting the church with tornadoes, ya know, haven't you heard, God uses the weather to punish sexual sin. Or maybe its only gay sins, he over looks the kiddy fiddlers, mysterious ways and all that.

Now that is just factually dishonest. The number of actual priests are statistically pointless to cite. The higher number of incidents are attributed to the same priests. One has now 300 counts to his name.

God requires a lion share before "Boom! Crack! ROAR!" happens.

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 9:26:33 AM
At 5/9/2012 9:22:26 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 5/9/2012 7:56:04 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Nice try.

Now that is just factually dishonest. The number of actual priests are statistically pointless to cite. The higher number of incidents are attributed to the same priests. One has now 300 counts to his name.

God requires a lion share before "Boom! Crack! ROAR!" happens.

If I may add my two cents, the group says "Priests Rape Boys" is an airtight case against the Catholic cult. However, this is a genetic fallacy that doesn't prove anything. Their "airtight case" is just a fallacy.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Perseus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 9:35:01 AM
There are tens of thousands of Catholic priests raping children in America alone. It doesn't matter "how small the percentage is". These children are being destroyed by this insanity. Tens of thousands of children in America alone . . .
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 9:58:51 AM
At 5/9/2012 9:35:01 AM, Perseus wrote:
There are tens of thousands of Catholic priests raping children in America alone. It doesn't matter "how small the percentage is". These children are being destroyed by this insanity. Tens of thousands of children in America alone . . .
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 10:06:10 AM

Tens of Thousands of priests in America alone!!!???
By all means please cite this evidence.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 10:07:30 AM
At 5/9/2012 10:06:10 AM, Gileandos wrote:

As with WBC. It is 38 people! These people are statistically nothing. Not a condemnation of the church as a whole to cite a couple of irreverent or criminal infiltrators.

Hush.
Perseus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 10:33:49 AM
I apologize for exaggerating.

"The 4,392 priests who were accused amount to approximately 4% of the 109,694 priests in active ministry during that time."

That is not 38. That is 4,392 RIGHT NOW. Of course, there have been many more throughout history.
Perseus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 10:36:23 AM
At 5/9/2012 10:07:30 AM, Gileandos wrote:

As with WBC. It is 38 people! These people are statistically nothing. Not a condemnation of the church as a whole to cite a couple of irreverent or criminal infiltrators.

The Vatican has been covering up this since the 1920s. The people affected by this are not "nothing".
Hush.
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 10:38:24 AM

That's kind of hard to believe, considering there's only about 40,000 Catholic priests in the U.S. You said "tens" of thousands, which is plural, so even at the bare minimum, 20,000, you'd be saying that half of all Catholic priests are child rapists, which seriously demands some evidence.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 10:50:03 AM
At 5/9/2012 10:33:49 AM, Perseus wrote:

"The 4,392 priests who were accused amount to approximately 4% of the 109,694 priests in active ministry during that time."

That is not 38. That is 4,392 RIGHT NOW. Of course, there have been many more throughout history.

WBC = Westborough Baptist Church, the OP.

That is pure accusation, most of those are not confirmed in any way. Bandwagoning is a known phenomena in our culture, so is suing for profit. Those with multiple counts are nowhere near the 4%.

It is amusing so many whine about this. Criminal pedophiles infiltrate a church, for easy access to children and the appearence of morality. It was expected once pedophilia became a sub culture in America.

In addition to that, criminals who sue for profit were going to come out of the woodwork once these accusations hit the cultural mainstream.
Both sides filled with criminals. All of this is not a surprise but expected. This is all statistically insignificant.
Perseus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 10:54:43 AM
At 5/9/2012 10:50:03 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 5/9/2012 10:33:49 AM, Perseus wrote:

WBC = Westborough Baptist Church, the OP.

That is pure accusation, most of those are not confirmed in any way. Bandwagoning is a known phenomena in our culture, so is suing for profit. Those with multiple counts are nowhere near the 4%.

It is amusing so many whine about this. Criminal pedophiles infiltrate a church, for easy access to children and the appearence of morality. It was expected once pedophilia became a sub culture in America.

In addition to that, criminals who sue for profit were going to come out of the woodwork once these accusations hit the cultural mainstream.
Both sides filled with criminals. All of this is not a surprise but expected. This is all statistically insignificant.

People who are complaining to the police are not suing for profit. The Catholic Church has been covering up this scandal since the 1920s.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 11:09:48 AM
At 5/9/2012 10:36:23 AM, Perseus wrote:
At 5/9/2012 10:07:30 AM, Gileandos wrote:

The Vatican has been covering up this since the 1920s. The people affected by this are not "nothing".
Hush.

Even if what you are stating is 100% accurate (smacks of Dan Brown to me). Again, a criminal sub culture infiltrating the Church at every level, to gain easy access to children and the appearance of moral strength, is expected. The Church did not have security measures in place to deal with these criminals.

To further the problem with such an accusation, pedophilia for many years was taught by secular psychology as a mental disorder, merely momentary/not pathological and was curable, with a poor process of diagnosis. The Church handled it in a secular way rather than 'stoning' the offenders.

DSM originally detailed out a distinction between an act of child molestation as different than a pedophile.
A child molester was merely a person who acted upon a sexual attraction but was not predisposed toward children vs attraction toward adults.

Until the 1980's more detailed diagnosis and then further detailed diagnosis in 1987, the church's upper eschalon was trusting clinical psychology for the answers. In 1997 you saw people arguing for any attraction to children that is acted upon to be pathological and incurable. Think about that. Before it was believed to be curable, via psychiatry, that it was merely momentary decisions and now we understand it to be pathological and incurable.

The Church trusted secular psychology which caused the issue not Church Doctrine. Sexual deviants are described by the Bible to be pathological and should be terminated. Their termination should be a brutal and public process to detract such people from harming anyone else.

+1 for stoning people.