Jump to topic:

Stories of Salvation

cbrhawk1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 4:28:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
For those of you who love God, whatever you believe, there comes a critical point in your lives when you make that leap and decide you are going to welcome God into your hearts.

What I am curious about for those who are born again is what your story is immediately before, during, and after your salvation at the exact point you felt God enter you?

I'll go ahead and give mine. It is extremely weird, but I am not embarrassed at all.

I was 6 years old. It was something like 9:30 at night. I was playing Super Mario Bros. 3 and was at the final stage. It was beat the game or bedtime for me since it was my last life (you go back pretty far back, and my bedtime was like 9:30 or something, but I was given extended stay).

I was having a ton of trouble with this stage. I got to the final bowser and lost pretty quickly the only time n my remaining lives I got to him, and usually died during the stage. On this final life, I say a small prayer. It was the perfect storm of not knowing what to expect, but I was neither skeptical nor confident that my prayer would have any effect, but I kept that prayer within me.

I beat the game, and felt God enter me at the time as if I came to the instant realization of his existence. I didn't renig on it like many kids would do, forget about the prayer, and say "Yeah, that was just me that did it." Instead, it started something that has never ended in the 22 years since it happened.

My relationship with God after that became fuzzy as I started realizing that just because I asked for something, I wouldn't always get it, so my relationship with God i my youth, like I'm sure it is for all youths, was an on-off sorta thing that we knew existed, but kew absolutely nothing about the details of or what God wanted.

I do remember one thing from my youth for sure, and here's another weird story, but also verifies the existence of God.

I have the natural fear of bees, but I also had, a the time, the natural love of being barefoot outside. It's natural that these two things will collide, and I got stung a ton of times stepping on dandelions as a kid. That is, until I learned to rely on God by continuously saying "Please don't sting me, please don't sting me" all the way to my destination.

Believe it or not, I can say with absolute confidence that I never got stung when saying that.

Sometimes, it's the smaller things that show the existence of God.

What's your story? I'm eager to read it.
"All science is 'wrong.'" ~ drafterman
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 4:36:21 PM
At 5/10/2012 4:28:36 PM, cbrhawk1 wrote:
For those of you who love God, whatever you believe, there comes a critical point in your lives when you make that leap and decide you are going to welcome God into your hearts.

What I am curious about for those who are born again is what your story is immediately before, during, and after your salvation at the exact point you felt God enter you?

I'll go ahead and give mine. It is extremely weird, but I am not embarrassed at all.

I was 6 years old. It was something like 9:30 at night. I was playing Super Mario Bros. 3 and was at the final stage. It was beat the game or bedtime for me since it was my last life (you go back pretty far back, and my bedtime was like 9:30 or something, but I was given extended stay).

I was having a ton of trouble with this stage. I got to the final bowser and lost pretty quickly the only time n my remaining lives I got to him, and usually died during the stage. On this final life, I say a small prayer. It was the perfect storm of not knowing what to expect, but I was neither skeptical nor confident that my prayer would have any effect, but I kept that prayer within me.

I beat the game, and felt God enter me at the time as if I came to the instant realization of his existence. I didn't renig on it like many kids would do, forget about the prayer, and say "Yeah, that was just me that did it." Instead, it started something that has never ended in the 22 years since it happened.

My relationship with God after that became fuzzy as I started realizing that just because I asked for something, I wouldn't always get it, so my relationship with God i my youth, like I'm sure it is for all youths, was an on-off sorta thing that we knew existed, but kew absolutely nothing about the details of or what God wanted.

I do remember one thing from my youth for sure, and here's another weird story, but also verifies the existence of God.

I have the natural fear of bees, but I also had, a the time, the natural love of being barefoot outside. It's natural that these two things will collide, and I got stung a ton of times stepping on dandelions as a kid. That is, until I learned to rely on God by continuously saying "Please don't sting me, please don't sting me" all the way to my destination.

Believe it or not, I can say with absolute confidence that I never got stung when saying that.

Sometimes, it's the smaller things that show the existence of God.

What's your story? I'm eager to read it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
SeanMichael
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 4:58:18 PM
I cannot say when I was saved as such as I believe I am continuely being saved. But here is my story.

When I was young I went to mass every week, said prayers everynight. I beleived in God, but as I got older,other things became more important. I like lot of others stopped going to mass, stopped praying. I started to get in with the wrong crowd I took drugs, I stole, and I was always in fights, I started drinking everyweekend not just a sociable drink, I was not happy unless I was hammered. Howevermy concience never allowed me to be happy, because somewhere deepdown I knew God existed. My girlfriend and I left home and lived in America for a while. Things only got worse I was consantly arguing with her, we were living in sin. I was cheating, and drinking practically everynight, I was arrested a couple of times. My girlfriend kicked me out, and I had nowhere to go. Then one day, I was going past a chapel I entered and talked to a lady who worked there. She helped me she brought me to a priest who took my confession, then she got me a place to stay it was with some monks who worked in the city. I got myself together got myself a job made up with my girlfriend, and the both of us came back home and got married.
Shortly after coming home I got seriously ill, from a heriditary condition. The docors told my wife my paents and my siblings that I was probably not going to live. But because of my young age they were going to give me a liver transplant, I had also heart and lung problems. It was during this period I prayed he most. Now I am completely differet when I look back I can hardly beieve the person I used to be compared to the one I am now.
DAN123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 6:12:47 AM
Note: You might be familiar with the church of Christ. And yes, I am a member of it. I biblically believe, teach and practice that baptism is essential to salvation ALONG WITH repentance, faith and confession for the Bible says such thing: Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; I Peter 3:21 etc.. I hope this answers your questions. I'll go ahead and tell the story.

Just a few years ago, I was not yet saved yet I was trying to convert my friend to the church of Christ. He was a catholic. We were also classmates. He was a bit contentious but I managed to persuade him to attend the services of the church of Christ. After the services, members came to know him personally and preachers from that congregation explained to him about the doctrines of the church of Christ that "where the Bible speaks, we will speak and where the bible is silent we are silent". I can say that he was impresses by the truty of the doctrines saying that they were 'biblically based and supported". Since that time he attended regularly services by the church of Christ regularly. One Sunday, About 11:30 after the worship service he came to me and said, " I think we should be baptized". I was shocked but responded to him with doubt, "Are you sure? Are you ready?". With an angry tone he replied,"Dan you taught me many things about the church, salvation and Christian living. I have sinned against God many times and I want to be saved right now. And how can you ask me such questions? I can't even believe that you yourself is not yet baptised." From that point I realized that what he said was true. I was convicted. I felt the need to be saved from my sins. From that point we decided to be baptized into Christ. After a few days I thought to myself, "I did not convert him... he converted me."

I hope you find my story interesting and maybe,i hope, interesting.
Thank you
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 9:50:30 AM
I'm always pretty reserved about telling testimony because it is possibly the most boring one on the planet. I wasn't a cocaine addict at the age of 9. I didn't have 17 abortions. I came home from church one night when I was four years old and I told my parents I wanted to accept Jesus as my savior. Really simple, really boring, but huge, and great implications.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 10:22:55 AM
Salvation in my practice is a bit different than most. It is not something static, it is continuous and transient. However, there was a moment that I can pinpoint where I feel I had a sudden realization.

I was in my World Religions class learning about Buddhism. At the time, I was in the process of straying from my New Age beliefs and shedding the rubbish but transitioning to Pantheist. The sudden realization occured during a lecture and the Professor described the Buddha's response when the metaphysical question of "is there an afterlife" was raised and he simply turned and looked at them in silence and turned away.

I was then impressed and fascinated by the Buddha, and his actions and understanding inspired me. I have been a Buddhist since and the process of Enlightenment began.

It has been a part of my life and influences how I live and provides a real way to cope with the problems of life without delusions and future promises. It focuses on the here and the now which allows proper focus and peace of mind.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 7:45:15 PM
I'm blessed to have been a Christian since before the world was created. lol

I never accept Christ, but he accepted me. I simply realized it more and more through out my life.

Of all the things me and my parental units disagree with (virtually everything), Christianity isn't one of them. They had a rough journey, through a few denominations, a lot of study and revelation-- finally landed on the reformed theology.

I was educated on all aspect, a long the way. Most of the time, not very interested or happy to hear about it.. had like a 2-3 year period of doubt; only to snap out of it abruptly and laugh at my self histerically.

I've always known God. He's always been noticeably present in my life. Now, i cannot and will not describe situations, because i have no real way of knowing whether or not he actually did something for me to understand or recognize.. i'm just always aware of his presence.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 4:05:26 AM
Thanks for this Post! This could prove to be monumental for others.

My Dad told me when i was a little older (about 12 or 13) that he prayed to God to let me die if I would not get saved. Of course I was born. I have thought about that alot since I have gotten older over the years. My mom had two miscarriages before me and my dad also prayed for them and they died. My dad was saved in his late twenties. I got saved when I was 8 years old. I have always had God with me (I've felt Him). When I was saved I went to a Church youth revival. Thousands of people were there and obvious the Holy Ghost was moving people because I was moved. All the way through the service I felt a motivation to walk up and ask God to save me. I was overwhelmed to ask Jesus to save me. Even though I have been in a family that has had many preachers and most in my family believe in God, I had a personnel invite to accept salvation from Jesus and the Holy Ghost. I am thankful for it everyday.
TheAsylum
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 6:22:15 AM
Apart from each persons personal choice of Cult propaganda, their personal emotional appeals for credibility and brain-washing, what actual evidence do any of you think you have that will pass scrutiny?

Fifty years on and the next genuine Story book jesus' believer to step forward outside of bible Story book Land and pass even the pre-requisites for any genuine believer will be the very first in man's entire history!

By all means IF any wish to step up and be examined by the criteria laid out in their biblical Story book, please do and I wish any far far far far far far better luck than their entire predecessors that ALL failed entirely and absolutely!