Total Posts:115|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Discrimination towards Athiests.

MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 5:08:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Atheists are one of the last groups that can be openly mocked and discriminated against. Whenever I go into a bookstore, I might find a few books attacking religion (ex. the God Delusion) but there are whole bookshelves dedicated to mocking and slandering Atheists (ex. I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist).
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 5:34:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I would bet there's near similar amounts of books against atheism/theism. Even if your claim is true it's not like it's the theist fault the atheists aren't writing books.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 5:35:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/17/2012 5:08:50 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Atheists are one of the last groups that can be openly mocked and discriminated against. Whenever I go into a bookstore, I might find a few books attacking religion (ex. the God Delusion) but there are whole bookshelves dedicated to mocking and slandering Atheists (ex. I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist).


Nice word choice. "Attacking" religion, but "mockering and slandering" atheists.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 5:36:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/17/2012 5:35:30 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:08:50 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Atheists are one of the last groups that can be openly mocked and discriminated against. Whenever I go into a bookstore, I might find a few books attacking religion (ex. the God Delusion) but there are whole bookshelves dedicated to mocking and slandering Atheists (ex. I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist).


Nice word choice. "Attacking" religion, but "mocking and slandering" atheists.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 6:02:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Most of the time it's the opposite.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 6:41:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/17/2012 5:36:46 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:35:30 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:08:50 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Atheists are one of the last groups that can be openly mocked and discriminated against. Whenever I go into a bookstore, I might find a few books attacking religion (ex. the God Delusion) but there are whole bookshelves dedicated to mocking and slandering Atheists (ex. I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist).


Nice word choice. "Attacking" religion, but "mocking and slandering" atheists.

Well, sometimes it's the opposite, but generally I see Christians claiming that atheists have no basis for not believing in God, and dismiss him because they don't want to follow the rules (even though any atheist would kill for the chance to simply repent and go to Heaven forever).
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 6:59:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/17/2012 6:45:03 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I have to admit the video made me laugh.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 7:06:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/17/2012 6:59:57 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 5/17/2012 6:45:03 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I have to admit the video made me laugh.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Cobo
Posts: 556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 9:20:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/17/2012 7:06:31 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 5/17/2012 6:59:57 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 5/17/2012 6:45:03 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I have to admit the video made me laugh.
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 9:47:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/17/2012 6:41:32 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:36:46 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:35:30 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:08:50 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Atheists are one of the last groups that can be openly mocked and discriminated against. Whenever I go into a bookstore, I might find a few books attacking religion (ex. the God Delusion) but there are whole bookshelves dedicated to mocking and slandering Atheists (ex. I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist).


Nice word choice. "Attacking" religion, but "mocking and slandering" atheists.

Well, sometimes it's the opposite, but generally I see Christians claiming that atheists have no basis for not believing in God, and dismiss him because they don't want to follow the rules (even though any atheist would kill for the chance to simply repent and go to Heaven forever).
And how exactly is that mockery or slander?
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 9:57:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/17/2012 9:47:17 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 6:41:32 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:36:46 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:35:30 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:08:50 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Atheists are one of the last groups that can be openly mocked and discriminated against. Whenever I go into a bookstore, I might find a few books attacking religion (ex. the God Delusion) but there are whole bookshelves dedicated to mocking and slandering Atheists (ex. I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist).


Nice word choice. "Attacking" religion, but "mocking and slandering" atheists.

Well, sometimes it's the opposite, but generally I see Christians claiming that atheists have no basis for not believing in God, and dismiss him because they don't want to follow the rules (even though any atheist would kill for the chance to simply repent and go to Heaven forever).
And how exactly is that mockery or slander?

If it's not obvious to you, you can't be helped.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 11:24:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/17/2012 9:57:37 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 9:47:17 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 6:41:32 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:36:46 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:35:30 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:08:50 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Atheists are one of the last groups that can be openly mocked and discriminated against. Whenever I go into a bookstore, I might find a few books attacking religion (ex. the God Delusion) but there are whole bookshelves dedicated to mocking and slandering Atheists (ex. I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist).


Nice word choice. "Attacking" religion, but "mocking and slandering" atheists.

Well, sometimes it's the opposite, but generally I see Christians claiming that atheists have no basis for not believing in God, and dismiss him because they don't want to follow the rules (even though any atheist would kill for the chance to simply repent and go to Heaven forever).
And how exactly is that mockery or slander?

If it's not obvious to you, you can't be helped.

Well, I appreciate the condescension, but no thanks.

slander: a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report
mockery: a derisive, imitative action or speech

Atheists argue that theism isn't true because of various reasons. This is an attack, an argument, on religion.

Theists argue that atheism isn't true because of various reasons. This is either (1) a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report, or (2) a derisive, imitative action or speech.

Right?

And as for "... even though any atheist would kill for the chance to simply repent and go to Heaven forever," I encourage you to look up the philosophy of "antitheism."
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 12:55:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/17/2012 11:24:02 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 9:57:37 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 9:47:17 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 6:41:32 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:36:46 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:35:30 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:08:50 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Atheists are one of the last groups that can be openly mocked and discriminated against. Whenever I go into a bookstore, I might find a few books attacking religion (ex. the God Delusion) but there are whole bookshelves dedicated to mocking and slandering Atheists (ex. I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist).


Nice word choice. "Attacking" religion, but "mocking and slandering" atheists.

Well, sometimes it's the opposite, but generally I see Christians claiming that atheists have no basis for not believing in God, and dismiss him because they don't want to follow the rules (even though any atheist would kill for the chance to simply repent and go to Heaven forever).
And how exactly is that mockery or slander?

If it's not obvious to you, you can't be helped.

Well, I appreciate the condescension, but no thanks.

slander: a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report
mockery: a derisive, imitative action or speech

Atheists argue that theism isn't true because of various reasons. This is an attack, an argument, on religion.


No it isn't. It's just about a double standard. There were no arguments in the video.

Theists argue that atheism isn't true because of various reasons. This is either (1) a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report, or (2) a derisive, imitative action or speech.

Right?

And as for "... even though any atheist would kill for the chance to simply repent and go to Heaven forever," I encourage you to look up the philosophy of "antitheism."

Most of them. Stop taking all of my statements so literally.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 12:59:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 12:55:20 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 11:24:02 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 9:57:37 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 9:47:17 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 6:41:32 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:36:46 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:35:30 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:08:50 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Atheists are one of the last groups that can be openly mocked and discriminated against. Whenever I go into a bookstore, I might find a few books attacking religion (ex. the God Delusion) but there are whole bookshelves dedicated to mocking and slandering Atheists (ex. I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist).


Nice word choice. "Attacking" religion, but "mocking and slandering" atheists.

Well, sometimes it's the opposite, but generally I see Christians claiming that atheists have no basis for not believing in God, and dismiss him because they don't want to follow the rules (even though any atheist would kill for the chance to simply repent and go to Heaven forever).
And how exactly is that mockery or slander?

If it's not obvious to you, you can't be helped.

Well, I appreciate the condescension, but no thanks.

slander: a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report
mockery: a derisive, imitative action or speech

Atheists argue that theism isn't true because of various reasons. This is an attack, an argument, on religion.


No it isn't. It's just about a double standard. There were no arguments in the video.

Theists argue that atheism isn't true because of various reasons. This is either (1) a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report, or (2) a derisive, imitative action or speech.

Right?

And as for "... even though any atheist would kill for the chance to simply repent and go to Heaven forever," I encourage you to look up the philosophy of "antitheism."

Most of them. Stop taking all of my statements so literally.

As for the "no it isn't" bit, I literally quoted your original post. I'm not discussing your video here. You say that books on theism by atheists "attack" religion, but books on atheism by theism "mock and slander" atheists.

Say what you mean, please. I know quite a few atheists who as antitheism describes actually actively oppose religion or a deity and are thankful there is no such being. Even "most" atheists being willing to repent would be an exaggeration in my opinion.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:34:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 12:59:44 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/18/2012 12:55:20 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 11:24:02 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 9:57:37 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 9:47:17 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 6:41:32 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:36:46 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:35:30 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:08:50 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Atheists are one of the last groups that can be openly mocked and discriminated against. Whenever I go into a bookstore, I might find a few books attacking religion (ex. the God Delusion) but there are whole bookshelves dedicated to mocking and slandering Atheists (ex. I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist).


Nice word choice. "Attacking" religion, but "mocking and slandering" atheists.

Well, sometimes it's the opposite, but generally I see Christians claiming that atheists have no basis for not believing in God, and dismiss him because they don't want to follow the rules (even though any atheist would kill for the chance to simply repent and go to Heaven forever).
And how exactly is that mockery or slander?

If it's not obvious to you, you can't be helped.

Well, I appreciate the condescension, but no thanks.

slander: a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report
mockery: a derisive, imitative action or speech

Atheists argue that theism isn't true because of various reasons. This is an attack, an argument, on religion.


No it isn't. It's just about a double standard. There were no arguments in the video.

Theists argue that atheism isn't true because of various reasons. This is either (1) a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report, or (2) a derisive, imitative action or speech.

Right?

And as for "... even though any atheist would kill for the chance to simply repent and go to Heaven forever," I encourage you to look up the philosophy of "antitheism."

Most of them. Stop taking all of my statements so literally.

As for the "no it isn't" bit, I literally quoted your original post. I'm not discussing your video here. You say that books on theism by atheists "attack" religion, but books on atheism by theism "mock and slander" atheists.

Say what you mean, please. I know quite a few atheists who as antitheism describes actually actively oppose religion or a deity and are thankful there is no such being. Even "most" atheists being willing to repent would be an exaggeration in my opinion.

You knowing some anti-theists means nothing. While I shouldn't have stereotyped it like I did, the majority of theist attacks on atheism are ridiculous. Atheists are depicted as immoral, nihilistic, extreme liberals, even if the accusers don't just say that up front.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:35:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
@MouthWash

Goes both ways.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:39:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 1:35:57 AM, OberHerr wrote:
@MouthWash

Goes both ways.

I didn't deny that.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:41:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 1:34:33 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/18/2012 12:59:44 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/18/2012 12:55:20 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 11:24:02 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 9:57:37 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 9:47:17 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 6:41:32 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:36:46 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:35:30 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:08:50 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Atheists are one of the last groups that can be openly mocked and discriminated against. Whenever I go into a bookstore, I might find a few books attacking religion (ex. the God Delusion) but there are whole bookshelves dedicated to mocking and slandering Atheists (ex. I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist).


Nice word choice. "Attacking" religion, but "mocking and slandering" atheists.

Well, sometimes it's the opposite, but generally I see Christians claiming that atheists have no basis for not believing in God, and dismiss him because they don't want to follow the rules (even though any atheist would kill for the chance to simply repent and go to Heaven forever).
And how exactly is that mockery or slander?

If it's not obvious to you, you can't be helped.

Well, I appreciate the condescension, but no thanks.

slander: a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report
mockery: a derisive, imitative action or speech

Atheists argue that theism isn't true because of various reasons. This is an attack, an argument, on religion.


No it isn't. It's just about a double standard. There were no arguments in the video.

Theists argue that atheism isn't true because of various reasons. This is either (1) a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report, or (2) a derisive, imitative action or speech.

Right?

And as for "... even though any atheist would kill for the chance to simply repent and go to Heaven forever," I encourage you to look up the philosophy of "antitheism."

Most of them. Stop taking all of my statements so literally.

As for the "no it isn't" bit, I literally quoted your original post. I'm not discussing your video here. You say that books on theism by atheists "attack" religion, but books on atheism by theism "mock and slander" atheists.

Say what you mean, please. I know quite a few atheists who as antitheism describes actually actively oppose religion or a deity and are thankful there is no such being. Even "most" atheists being willing to repent would be an exaggeration in my opinion.

You knowing some anti-theists means nothing. While I shouldn't have stereotyped it like I did, the majority of theist attacks on atheism are ridiculous. Atheists are depicted as immoral, nihilistic, extreme liberals, even if the accusers don't just say that up front.

Please, just stop. It's getting ridiculous; you posted a video in this same exact forum that depicted online theists as unintelligent, extremist, hypocritical right-wing rednecks, and you expect me to take your discrimination accusations seriously? You're only digging your hole deeper.

...and there you go with the generalization again. "The majority of theists attacks..." This is seriously ridiculous.

Knowing antitheists personally means a lot, actually, as your assumption that all (or most, or the majority, or whatever the hell you meant to say) atheists would be willing to repent and go to Heaven is at the very least incorrect in my experience.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:43:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
And, just to make mine and I think NAS's point clear: We're not saying theists are blameless.

However, from my experience on this site, and in public, Christians are by far the most discriminated against.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:45:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 1:41:38 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:34:33 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/18/2012 12:59:44 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/18/2012 12:55:20 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 11:24:02 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 9:57:37 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 9:47:17 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 6:41:32 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:36:46 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:35:30 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:08:50 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Atheists are one of the last groups that can be openly mocked and discriminated against. Whenever I go into a bookstore, I might find a few books attacking religion (ex. the God Delusion) but there are whole bookshelves dedicated to mocking and slandering Atheists (ex. I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist).


Nice word choice. "Attacking" religion, but "mocking and slandering" atheists.

Well, sometimes it's the opposite, but generally I see Christians claiming that atheists have no basis for not believing in God, and dismiss him because they don't want to follow the rules (even though any atheist would kill for the chance to simply repent and go to Heaven forever).
And how exactly is that mockery or slander?

If it's not obvious to you, you can't be helped.

Well, I appreciate the condescension, but no thanks.

slander: a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report
mockery: a derisive, imitative action or speech

Atheists argue that theism isn't true because of various reasons. This is an attack, an argument, on religion.


No it isn't. It's just about a double standard. There were no arguments in the video.

Theists argue that atheism isn't true because of various reasons. This is either (1) a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report, or (2) a derisive, imitative action or speech.

Right?

And as for "... even though any atheist would kill for the chance to simply repent and go to Heaven forever," I encourage you to look up the philosophy of "antitheism."

Most of them. Stop taking all of my statements so literally.

As for the "no it isn't" bit, I literally quoted your original post. I'm not discussing your video here. You say that books on theism by atheists "attack" religion, but books on atheism by theism "mock and slander" atheists.

Say what you mean, please. I know quite a few atheists who as antitheism describes actually actively oppose religion or a deity and are thankful there is no such being. Even "most" atheists being willing to repent would be an exaggeration in my opinion.

You knowing some anti-theists means nothing. While I shouldn't have stereotyped it like I did, the majority of theist attacks on atheism are ridiculous. Atheists are depicted as immoral, nihilistic, extreme liberals, even if the accusers don't just say that up front.

Please, just stop. It's getting ridiculous; you posted a video in this same exact forum that depicted online theists as unintelligent, extremist, hypocritical right-wing rednecks, and you expect me to take your discrimination accusations seriously? You're only digging your hole deeper.

...and there you go with the generalization again. "The majority of theists attacks..." This is seriously ridiculous.

Knowing antitheists personally means a lot, actually, as your assumption that all (or most, or the majority, or whatever the hell you meant to say) atheists would be willing to repent and go to Heaven is at the very least incorrect in my experience.

If God actually spoke and proved to them that they could have eternal peace and happiness? I'm not sure about your friends.

It's not about the treatment of atheists or theists in this forum, but rather in day-to-day media.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:46:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 1:43:48 AM, OberHerr wrote:
And, just to make mine and I think NAS's point clear: We're not saying theists are blameless.

However, from my experience on this site, and in public, Christians are by far the most discriminated against.

I 100% agree.

I didn't even have that much of a problem with this thread until he started another where he posted a video that blatantly mocked theists, a few hours after complaining about mockery of atheists.

I agree that both are mocked, but it's incredibly hypocritical to complain about it and then engage in it yourself.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:48:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 1:46:29 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:43:48 AM, OberHerr wrote:
And, just to make mine and I think NAS's point clear: We're not saying theists are blameless.

However, from my experience on this site, and in public, Christians are by far the most discriminated against.


I 100% agree.

I didn't even have that much of a problem with this thread until he started another where he posted a video that blatantly mocked theists, a few hours after complaining about mockery of atheists.

I agree that both are mocked, but it's incredibly hypocritical to complain about it and then engage in it yourself.

The video was funny though.

I don't see where Christians are constantly discriminated against in real life. Where do you people live?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:50:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 1:45:57 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:41:38 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:34:33 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/18/2012 12:59:44 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/18/2012 12:55:20 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 11:24:02 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 9:57:37 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 9:47:17 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 6:41:32 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:36:46 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:35:30 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/17/2012 5:08:50 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Atheists are one of the last groups that can be openly mocked and discriminated against. Whenever I go into a bookstore, I might find a few books attacking religion (ex. the God Delusion) but there are whole bookshelves dedicated to mocking and slandering Atheists (ex. I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist).


Nice word choice. "Attacking" religion, but "mocking and slandering" atheists.

Well, sometimes it's the opposite, but generally I see Christians claiming that atheists have no basis for not believing in God, and dismiss him because they don't want to follow the rules (even though any atheist would kill for the chance to simply repent and go to Heaven forever).
And how exactly is that mockery or slander?

If it's not obvious to you, you can't be helped.

Well, I appreciate the condescension, but no thanks.

slander: a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report
mockery: a derisive, imitative action or speech

Atheists argue that theism isn't true because of various reasons. This is an attack, an argument, on religion.


No it isn't. It's just about a double standard. There were no arguments in the video.

Theists argue that atheism isn't true because of various reasons. This is either (1) a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report, or (2) a derisive, imitative action or speech.

Right?

And as for "... even though any atheist would kill for the chance to simply repent and go to Heaven forever," I encourage you to look up the philosophy of "antitheism."

Most of them. Stop taking all of my statements so literally.

As for the "no it isn't" bit, I literally quoted your original post. I'm not discussing your video here. You say that books on theism by atheists "attack" religion, but books on atheism by theism "mock and slander" atheists.

Say what you mean, please. I know quite a few atheists who as antitheism describes actually actively oppose religion or a deity and are thankful there is no such being. Even "most" atheists being willing to repent would be an exaggeration in my opinion.

You knowing some anti-theists means nothing. While I shouldn't have stereotyped it like I did, the majority of theist attacks on atheism are ridiculous. Atheists are depicted as immoral, nihilistic, extreme liberals, even if the accusers don't just say that up front.

Please, just stop. It's getting ridiculous; you posted a video in this same exact forum that depicted online theists as unintelligent, extremist, hypocritical right-wing rednecks, and you expect me to take your discrimination accusations seriously? You're only digging your hole deeper.

...and there you go with the generalization again. "The majority of theists attacks..." This is seriously ridiculous.

Knowing antitheists personally means a lot, actually, as your assumption that all (or most, or the majority, or whatever the hell you meant to say) atheists would be willing to repent and go to Heaven is at the very least incorrect in my experience.

If God actually spoke and proved to them that they could have eternal peace and happiness? I'm not sure about your friends.

It's not about the treatment of atheists or theists in this forum, but rather in day-to-day media.

Prominent antitheists such as Christopher Hitchens publicly state they are relieved a deity doesn't exist.

Even if you were correct, it doesn't necessarily justify mockery from either side through any media.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:52:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 1:48:51 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:46:29 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:43:48 AM, OberHerr wrote:
And, just to make mine and I think NAS's point clear: We're not saying theists are blameless.

However, from my experience on this site, and in public, Christians are by far the most discriminated against.


I 100% agree.

I didn't even have that much of a problem with this thread until he started another where he posted a video that blatantly mocked theists, a few hours after complaining about mockery of atheists.

I agree that both are mocked, but it's incredibly hypocritical to complain about it and then engage in it yourself.

The video was funny though.

I don't see where Christians are constantly discriminated against in real life. Where do you people live?

Please show me where atheists are "constantly discrimnated against" and then we can talk about discrimination...
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:54:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 1:52:14 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:48:51 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:46:29 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:43:48 AM, OberHerr wrote:
And, just to make mine and I think NAS's point clear: We're not saying theists are blameless.

However, from my experience on this site, and in public, Christians are by far the most discriminated against.


I 100% agree.

I didn't even have that much of a problem with this thread until he started another where he posted a video that blatantly mocked theists, a few hours after complaining about mockery of atheists.

I agree that both are mocked, but it's incredibly hypocritical to complain about it and then engage in it yourself.

The video was funny though.

I don't see where Christians are constantly discriminated against in real life. Where do you people live?


Please show me where atheists are "constantly discrimnated against" and then we can talk about discrimination...

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Wikipedia has a good page on the topic.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:56:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 1:54:29 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:52:14 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:48:51 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:46:29 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:43:48 AM, OberHerr wrote:
And, just to make mine and I think NAS's point clear: We're not saying theists are blameless.

However, from my experience on this site, and in public, Christians are by far the most discriminated against.


I 100% agree.

I didn't even have that much of a problem with this thread until he started another where he posted a video that blatantly mocked theists, a few hours after complaining about mockery of atheists.

I agree that both are mocked, but it's incredibly hypocritical to complain about it and then engage in it yourself.

The video was funny though.

I don't see where Christians are constantly discriminated against in real life. Where do you people live?


Please show me where atheists are "constantly discrimnated against" and then we can talk about discrimination...

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Wikipedia has a good page on the topic.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Counter article! :P
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:59:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 1:57:25 AM, FREEDO wrote:
In several states it is illegal for an atheist to run for public office.

Texas, Arkansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, N. Carolina, S Carolina, Pennsylvania and Tennessee

Also, Atheists can't be Boy Scouts.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord