Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

Incredible video explaining creationism.

MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 12:12:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I always wondered about these things.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 12:41:09 AM
At 5/18/2012 12:12:39 AM, MouthWash wrote:

...and in the other thread you were complaining about theists "mocking" atheists.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 12:49:43 AM
At 5/18/2012 12:41:09 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

...and in the other thread you were complaining about theists "mocking" atheists.

And this video demonstrates that! Anyway it's about creationism, not theism.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 12:54:58 AM
At 5/18/2012 12:49:43 AM, MouthWash wrote:

This video demonstrates theists mocking atheists? Are you serious?

I watched the entire video, and it's quite obvious it mocks common arguments for the existence of God or belief in God and not arguments suportting Young Earth creationism.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:04:25 AM
At 5/18/2012 12:54:58 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

I watched the entire video, and it's quite obvious it mocks common arguments for the existence of God or belief in God and not arguments suportting Young Earth creationism.

There are a few references to God, but it is mostly about evolution. It demonstrates the idiocy of creationists, and anyone who has ever talked to one probably understands. The claims of atheists really believing in God are typical of religious nuts (common arguments? Really?). The video is just providing a humorous "explanation" to them.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:08:55 AM
At 5/18/2012 1:04:25 AM, MouthWash wrote:

There are a few references to God, but it is mostly about evolution. It demonstrates the idiocy of creationists, and anyone who has ever talked to one probably understands. The claims of atheists really believing in God are typical of religious nuts (common arguments? Really?). The video is just providing a humorous "explanation" to them.

Actually, if you care to watch the video, there's only a few references to the evolution v. creationism debate while the majority of its time is spent on mocking theistic arguments. Please, watch the video again.

Also, a tip on how to NOT look like a hypocrite: don't complain about mockery and then within 24 hours post a video that is devoted to characterizing Christians as rednecks while simultaneously mocking Christian beliefs. It's pathetic how you posted this within a day of whining about "mockery and slander" towards atheists.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:15:09 AM
At 5/18/2012 1:12:53 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Are there any YECs on this site? Do people like this actually exist on DDO?

GenesisCreation's accout name implies that he's a Young Earth creationist but I have not read any of his debates to actually know.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:18:18 AM

*tentatively raises hand*
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:18:26 AM

You've never heard of GodSands?
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:20:29 AM

GenesisCreation (I think), nicktheengineer (only old folks will remember him), Godsands, DATCMOTO, Keytarhero, and some others I'm forgetting right now.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:21:13 AM
And, really MW? REALLY?

I haven't actually seen a theist on this site make a crap thread like this, ever. And, you sir have managed to make like three in one day or so. Congratz.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:22:08 AM
At 5/18/2012 1:20:29 AM, popculturepooka wrote:

GenesisCreation (I think), nicktheengineer (only old folks will remember him), Godsands, DATCMOTO, Keytarhero, and some others I'm forgetting right now.

It miffs me that he acts like its some stupid thing only uneducated outsiders of DDO believe. Pfft.

MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:26:27 AM
At 5/18/2012 1:21:13 AM, OberHerr wrote:
And, really MW? REALLY?

I haven't actually seen a theist on this site make a crap thread like this, ever. And, you sir have managed to make like three in one day or so. Congratz.

I'm a theist...
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:28:02 AM
At 5/18/2012 1:22:08 AM, OberHerr wrote:

It miffs me that he acts like its some stupid thing only uneducated outsiders of DDO believe. Pfft.

Despite the fact that any debate on evolution ends in defeat for the creationist 99% of the time except for people that forfeit all their rounds?
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:28:06 AM
At 5/18/2012 1:26:27 AM, MouthWash wrote:
And, really MW? REALLY?

I'm a theist...

??????

*so confused*

MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:38:07 AM
At 5/18/2012 1:28:06 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:26:27 AM, MouthWash wrote:
And, really MW? REALLY?

I'm a theist...

??????

*so confused*

It's just that a lot of theists basically are brainwashed and ignore scientific facts in favor of their cult-like ideas. There are some who are intelligent and have real reasons for believing in God.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:51:39 AM
And, really MW? REALLY?

Wrong. Inferno. Case Closed.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 2:01:10 AM
At 5/18/2012 1:51:39 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
And, really MW? REALLY?

Inferno doesn't count. I'm not even sure he is a Christian.

tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 10:27:00 AM
At 5/18/2012 2:01:10 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:51:39 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
And, really MW? REALLY?

Inferno doesn't count. I'm not even sure he is a Christian.

Banker.... ?
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 10:28:08 AM

Well, I had some good discussions with Nicktheengineer, so im willing to let it slide, since he was one of teh guys who actually seemed like he wanted to learn and update his codex of knowledge from 2000 BC to 2000 AD.
Jon1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:59:48 PM
At 5/18/2012 1:04:25 AM, MouthWash wrote:

Not the word I'd use and I believe in evolution.
KeytarHero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 2:43:45 PM

I am indeed a YEC, and not ashamed to admit it despite the fact that most people I've talked to who believe in Evolution are not, themselves, able to adequately defend the position.
KeytarHero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 2:44:53 PM
At 5/18/2012 2:43:45 PM, KeytarHero wrote:

I am indeed a YEC, and not ashamed to admit it despite the fact that most people I've talked to who believe in Evolution are not, themselves, able to adequately defend the position.

Actually, I was combining a couple of thoughts. Let me try that again.

I am indeed a YEC, and not ashamed to admit it despite the fact that all people who believe in Evolution seem to be able to do is make ad hominems against Creationists (and YEC's in particular). I haven't actually yet talked to a lay person who believes in Evolution who is able, themselves, to adequately defend it.
KeytarHero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 2:46:03 PM
At 5/18/2012 1:28:02 AM, MouthWash wrote:

Despite the fact that any debate on evolution ends in defeat for the creationist 99% of the time except for people that forfeit all their rounds?

This is only because most atheists voters on this site are biased (not all, but most). Evolution is not the rock-solid position they assert that it is.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 3:06:27 PM
I've heard all of the arguments before, which is upsettingly comical. It's not a reason to believe in anything, but I watch it the same reason I watch Jimmy Carr.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Reason_Alliance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 3:10:08 PM
At 5/18/2012 2:46:03 PM, KeytarHero wrote:

This is only because most atheists voters on this site are biased (not all, but most). Evolution is not the rock-solid position they assert that it is.

I'd argue that many if not all Christians believe in some of evolution. The term's an accordian term which can have many different meanings;

small change over time (you are not your father, etc),

common descent, (again not controversial),

and neo-Darwinianism (largely controversial): the thesis of natural selection and random mutation as a mechanism to explain the diversity for life on earth.

The last thesis is here is the problem, for it presupposes naturalism without argument and seems slightly inadequate to explain such diversity, indeed microevolutionary theories need work. But it's highly inadequate to explain the origin of information in the cells. I think it's about even with ID in it's explanatory power / scope, etc when dealing with the 'irreducibly complex' machinery in the cells. Perhaps a bit better with new discoveries coming to light- but even then the recent discovery of the epi-genome slighly outbalances in favor of ID.

Now I'm an earth scientist and I am committed to most broadly accepted theories of Evolution, I believe the universe is ~13.7Ga, etc. But I'm also a theist. The difference between me and an atheist? I can actually hold scientific explanations loosly and un-dogmatically and impassionaltely, following the evidence wherever it leads.

The atheist? Nope, she's commited to one side of the evidence only, holds evolution dogmatically, passionately and tightly (almost religiously... hmmm). It's a major problem in the industry and I hope it changes soon (it will). Otherwise our greatest invention, science, becomes a charade-- and no true answers are found simply by virtue of the emotional barrier, it's really a travesty.
KeytarHero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 4:15:50 PM
At 5/18/2012 3:10:08 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:

I'd argue that many if not all Christians believe in some of evolution. The term's an accordian term which can have many different meanings;

and neo-Darwinianism (largely controversial): the thesis of natural selection and random mutation as a mechanism to explain the diversity for life on earth.

The last thesis is here is the problem, for it presupposes naturalism without argument and seems slightly inadequate to explain such diversity, indeed microevolutionary theories need work. But it's highly inadequate to explain the origin of information in the cells. I think it's about even with ID in it's explanatory power / scope, etc when dealing with the 'irreducibly complex' machinery in the cells. Perhaps a bit better with new discoveries coming to light- but even then the recent discovery of the epi-genome slighly outbalances in favor of ID.

Now I'm an earth scientist and I am committed to most broadly accepted theories of Evolution, I believe the universe is ~13.7Ga, etc. But I'm also a theist. The difference between me and an atheist? I can actually hold scientific explanations loosly and un-dogmatically and impassionaltely, following the evidence wherever it leads.

The atheist? Nope, she's commited to one side of the evidence only, holds evolution dogmatically, passionately and tightly (almost religiously... hmmm). It's a major problem in the industry and I hope it changes soon (it will). Otherwise our greatest invention, science, becomes a charade-- and no true answers are found simply by virtue of the emotional barrier, it's really a travesty.

Actually, common descent *is* controversial (maybe not amongst atheists, but amongst ID proponents).
Reason_Alliance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 10:06:14 PM
At 5/18/2012 4:15:50 PM, KeytarHero wrote:
At 5/18/2012 3:10:08 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:

Actually, common descent *is* controversial (maybe not amongst atheists, but amongst ID proponents).

I meant among the majority in science. I think IDists go for an extra bone there, but they do have good points, other times not so much.