Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Thoughts on religion and Mormons

deedee2
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 9:53:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
When man came on this earth he had no explanation for so many things. He didn't know why people die and what happens to them after they die. How they got here etc so they started making up stories to comfort people. If they think they are going to heaven when they die then they aren't freaking out. If they are good they will get eternal life. So that gave people the incentive to do what is right. Then everyone keep adding to the stories and changing things around. Adding rules and regulations. It's all man made. If there was no intelligent life on earth would there be a god? It has to take an intelligent person to stop and think about it. Therefore man had to invent god.
Out of the whole universe, earth is just a speck. Can you really believe that we are the only intelligent beings out here? I doubt it ,yet "god" picked earth for mother, moses, Joseph, and Jesus etc. to come start religion.
Now explain to me this arc thing. That boat had to be as big as San Francisco. Not only big enough to fit all the animals but their food and water. Who scooped all that poop up? Come on. Common sense people.
Why would anyone dedicate their life to a church founded by a polygamist and pedophile? There are legal documents listing Joe's wives and their ages. (14 years old is youngest)
Why would anybody who had an ounce of brains believe some Joe Blow walking out of a forest saying some angel told him to go find some tablets and he did. Now he is a prophet. Why ?????????????? Him and his friends made up this story and got a few people to believe it somehow, yet no one ever saw these tablets. So many stupid stories.
The one about god use to be a man. When you die and come back you have a chance to have your own planet. But only men. Women have no say about anything. They are expected to just pop out as many babies as possible so the church will get richer.
Why won't they let mormons get on the internet? If they were all that genuine and sincere they wouldn't have anything to hide. Like where does all the money go? They don't tell you and you can't question it. I know a big chunk ( billions)went to build their underground city in Utah. But only big enough for a handful of the top dogs in the church to live in, in case the world comes to an end, How fair is that.
Anyway I hate the Mormons because they have brainwashed my granddaughter and now she is a lost cause. They will have her married at 18 and having kids the first year. The more kids she has the more tithing the church gets. The 10% of wages that they aren't allowed to ask what they do with it or how much they have. But at the end of the year they have to bring their tax records to the bishop guy and confirm if they gave their 10% or not. If they didn't they can't go to heaven. They scare these people into believing this crap. Spelled C U L T
annanicole
Posts: 19,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 12:59:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 9:53:06 PM, deedee2 wrote:
When man came on this earth he had no explanation for so many things. He didn't know why people die and what happens to them after they die. How they got here etc so they started making up stories to comfort people. If they think they are going to heaven when they die then they aren't freaking out. If they are good they will get eternal life. So that gave people the incentive to do what is right. Then everyone keep adding to the stories and changing things around. Adding rules and regulations. It's all man made. If there was no intelligent life on earth would there be a god? It has to take an intelligent person to stop and think about it. Therefore man had to invent god.
Out of the whole universe, earth is just a speck. Can you really believe that we are the only intelligent beings out here? I doubt it ,yet "god" picked earth for mother, moses, Joseph, and Jesus etc. to come start religion.
Now explain to me this arc thing. That boat had to be as big as San Francisco. Not only big enough to fit all the animals but their food and water. Who scooped all that poop up? Come on. Common sense people.
Why would anyone dedicate their life to a church founded by a polygamist and pedophile? There are legal documents listing Joe's wives and their ages. (14 years old is youngest)
Why would anybody who had an ounce of brains believe some Joe Blow walking out of a forest saying some angel told him to go find some tablets and he did. Now he is a prophet. Why ?????????????? Him and his friends made up this story and got a few people to believe it somehow, yet no one ever saw these tablets. So many stupid stories.
The one about god use to be a man. When you die and come back you have a chance to have your own planet. But only men. Women have no say about anything. They are expected to just pop out as many babies as possible so the church will get richer.
Why won't they let mormons get on the internet? If they were all that genuine and sincere they wouldn't have anything to hide. Like where does all the money go? They don't tell you and you can't question it. I know a big chunk ( billions)went to build their underground city in Utah. But only big enough for a handful of the top dogs in the church to live in, in case the world comes to an end, How fair is that.
Anyway I hate the Mormons because they have brainwashed my granddaughter and now she is a lost cause. They will have her married at 18 and having kids the first year. The more kids she has the more tithing the church gets. The 10% of wages that they aren't allowed to ask what they do with it or how much they have. But at the end of the year they have to bring their tax records to the bishop guy and confirm if they gave their 10% or not. If they didn't they can't go to heaven. They scare these people into believing this crap. Spelled C U L T

"Anyway I hate the Mormons because they have brainwashed my granddaughter and now she is a lost cause. " <-- Haha. I rather doubt that.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 5:33:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 9:53:06 PM, deedee2 wrote:
When man came on this earth he had no explanation for so many things. He didn't know why people die and what happens to them after they die. How they got here etc so they started making up stories to comfort people. If they think they are going to heaven when they die then they aren't freaking out. If they are good they will get eternal life. So that gave people the incentive to do what is right. Then everyone keep adding to the stories and changing things around. Adding rules and regulations. It's all man made. If there was no intelligent life on earth would there be a god? It has to take an intelligent person to stop and think about it. Therefore man had to invent god.
Out of the whole universe, earth is just a speck. Can you really believe that we are the only intelligent beings out here? I doubt it ,yet "god" picked earth for mother, moses, Joseph, and Jesus etc. to come start religion.
Now explain to me this arc thing. That boat had to be as big as San Francisco. Not only big enough to fit all the animals but their food and water. Who scooped all that poop up? Come on. Common sense people.
Why would anyone dedicate their life to a church founded by a polygamist and pedophile? There are legal documents listing Joe's wives and their ages. (14 years old is youngest)
Why would anybody who had an ounce of brains believe some Joe Blow walking out of a forest saying some angel told him to go find some tablets and he did. Now he is a prophet. Why ?????????????? Him and his friends made up this story and got a few people to believe it somehow, yet no one ever saw these tablets. So many stupid stories.
The one about god use to be a man. When you die and come back you have a chance to have your own planet. But only men. Women have no say about anything. They are expected to just pop out as many babies as possible so the church will get richer.
Why won't they let mormons get on the internet? If they were all that genuine and sincere they wouldn't have anything to hide. Like where does all the money go? They don't tell you and you can't question it. I know a big chunk ( billions)went to build their underground city in Utah. But only big enough for a handful of the top dogs in the church to live in, in case the world comes to an end, How fair is that.
Anyway I hate the Mormons because they have brainwashed my granddaughter and now she is a lost cause. They will have her married at 18 and having kids the first year. The more kids she has the more tithing the church gets. The 10% of wages that they aren't allowed to ask what they do with it or how much they have. But at the end of the year they have to bring their tax records to the bishop guy and confirm if they gave their 10% or not. If they didn't they can't go to heaven. They scare these people into believing this crap. Spelled C U L T

CULT.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 9:56:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Christians have to be careful how they condem mormons, cause to an outside alot of the condemnation can also be applied to chrisitan as well.

A christian can say, I can't believe the tall tales that mormon believes, just because its in a book with insufficient evidence and how the religion indoctrinates against critical thinking on these claims and these people just go ahead and believe it and you can't reason with them..............uh huh.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 9:24:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 9:56:17 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Christians have to be careful how they condem mormons, cause to an outside alot of the condemnation can also be applied to chrisitan as well.

A christian can say, I can't believe the tall tales that mormon believes, just because its in a book with insufficient evidence and how the religion indoctrinates against critical thinking on these claims and these people just go ahead and believe it and you can't reason with them..............uh huh.

We do not fight flesh and blood; mormonism is a satanic deception and we Christians must, as stewards of Gods grace, reason with them in all humility..
The Cross.. the Cross.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:35:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mormons believe some crazy things, but so do all other religions. The cool thing is that all the mormons that I have met are all really really nice people. They believe some weird things like they don't drink caffeine or alcohol and get married early, but the ones I have met are all really nice people.
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 1:09:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Nearly everything you said is complete lies.

I am one of the Latter-day Saints who are not allowed on the internet. Huh?
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 1:33:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 1:09:48 PM, tyler90az wrote:
Nearly everything you said is complete lies.

I am one of the Latter-day Saints who are not allowed on the internet. Huh?

hahaha :P
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 2:11:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 5:33:32 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

CULT.

"The only difference between a cult and a religion is the amount of real estate they own" -Frank Zappa
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 2:34:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 1:09:48 PM, tyler90az wrote:
Nearly everything you said is complete lies.

I am one of the Latter-day Saints who are not allowed on the internet. Huh?

Stop breaking out of your underground polygamy colony Tyler! You're going to get in trouble, lose two wives as punishment, and undergo re-brainwashing-indoctrinationization.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 3:02:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 9:53:06 PM, deedee2 wrote:

Why would anyone dedicate their life to a church founded by a polygamist and pedophile? There are legal documents listing Joe's wives and their ages. (14 years old is youngest)

Could you provide evidence that Joseph Smith was a polygamist and that he married a 14 year old?

Why won't they let mormons get on the internet? If they were all that genuine and sincere they wouldn't have anything to hide.

What evidence do you have that mormons are banned from the internet?
deedee2
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 10:12:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Dan4reason wrote:
At 5/18/2012 9:53:06 PM, deedee2 wrote:

Why would anyone dedicate their life to a church founded by a polygamist and pedophile? There are legal documents listing Joe's wives and their ages. (14 years old is youngest)

Could you provide evidence that Joseph Smith was a polygamist and that he married a 14 year old?


http://www.familysearch.org...

Why won't they let mormons get on the internet? If they were all that genuine and sincere they wouldn't have anything to hide.

What evidence do you have that mormons are banned from the internet?
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 12:14:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Deedee,

It is clear you are hurt that your granddaughter joined The Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints. Your anger is misplaced and is detrimental to the relationship you have with your granddaughter. How would you feel if she decided to attack your beliefs? You would probably not want to be around her much.

My advice would be to hear her out. After all it is your granddaughter who you love deeply... Just maybe The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true if your granddaughter believes. Worse case scenario is that you listen to her or an appointed Representatives of the Lord share the gospel and you decide it is not true. I can guarantee one thing though you will understand her beliefs better.

Dive deeply into her beliefs and see where she is coming from. Give her that respect... Anything you read online, double check it with a friendly Mormon site. Also try to read The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ, which is a companion to the Bible. The Book of Mormon is more then likely what converted her.

If you can hear your granddaughter out and study up on her religion she will love you all the more. My plea to you and prayer to God will be that you try to understand her beliefs.

Your Friend,
Tyler

Double check any negative stuff about church on this website:
http://en.fairmormon.org...

The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ
http://www.lds.org...

4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
Moroni 10:4

Learn Basic Beliefs of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
http://www.mormon.org...

Talk regarding the great charitable work of Latter-day Saints
http://www.lds.org...

"Our lives of service and sacrifice are the most appropriate expressions of our commitment to serve the Master and our fellowmen." - Dallin H. Oaks
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 9:48:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 2:11:18 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 5/19/2012 5:33:32 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

CULT.

"The only difference between a cult and a religion is the amount of real estate they own" -Frank Zappa

No, the central deception with all 'Christian' cults is their belief about Jesus Christ:

The very thing that makes a Christian a Christian is the revelation that Jesus is God from God:

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.


John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 12:47:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 10:12:48 PM, deedee2 wrote:
Dan4reason wrote:
At 5/18/2012 9:53:06 PM, deedee2 wrote:

Why would anyone dedicate their life to a church founded by a polygamist and pedophile? There are legal documents listing Joe's wives and their ages. (14 years old is youngest)

Could you provide evidence that Joseph Smith was a polygamist and that he married a 14 year old?


http://www.familysearch.org...

Why won't they let mormons get on the internet? If they were all that genuine and sincere they wouldn't have anything to hide.

What evidence do you have that mormons are banned from the internet?

Thanks for the link. Now how about the claim that he married a 14 year old?