Total Posts:266|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Happy Draw Muhammad Day!!!

Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 11:48:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's today! Celebrate by drawing Muhammad and posting a link to your drawing on this thread! :D
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 11:49:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 11:48:43 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
It's today! Celebrate by drawing Muhammad and posting a link to your drawing on this thread! :D

But I don't want to die.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 1:11:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 11:48:43 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
It's today! Celebrate by drawing Muhammad and posting a link to your drawing on this thread! :D

I think I'll draw a jazz-loving hippie who supports the death penalty and spends his time on a website creating troll debates instead. Muhammad is just... done. ;)
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
EvanK
Posts: 599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 1:15:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 11:49:27 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 5/20/2012 11:48:43 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
It's today! Celebrate by drawing Muhammad and posting a link to your drawing on this thread! :D

But I don't want to die.
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 1:50:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You can post a link to your picture of Muhammad in your DDO photos.

Here are some good ones from teh interwebz:

His turban is peaceful [http://www.keyframe5.com...]
Great smile [http://upload.wikimedia.org...]
Islam immune from criticism? [http://images15.fotki.com...]
Self-deprecating Muhammad [http://images38.fotki.com...]
Muhammad: The Painter [http://1.bp.blogspot.com...]
Non-violent Muhammad [http://barenakedislam.com...]
If Muhammad were here today [http://farm4.static.flickr.com...]
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 2:17:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 1:50:37 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
You can post a link to your picture of Muhammad in your DDO photos.

Here are some good ones from teh interwebz:

His turban is peaceful [http://www.keyframe5.com...]
Great smile [http://upload.wikimedia.org...]
Islam immune from criticism? [http://images15.fotki.com...]
Self-deprecating Muhammad [http://images38.fotki.com...]
Muhammad: The Painter [http://1.bp.blogspot.com...]
Non-violent Muhammad [http://barenakedislam.com...]
If Muhammad were here today [http://farm4.static.flickr.com...]
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Clash
Posts: 220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 2:35:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Wallstreetatheist, you have zero respect for other religions. Don't you know that you can hurt many Muslims here by this? Or was that your intention? I myself cannot care less. However, I find this really sad, and that people like you do such pathetic things.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 2:36:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 1:50:37 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
You can post a link to your picture of Muhammad in your DDO photos.

Here are some good ones from teh interwebz:

His turban is peaceful [http://www.keyframe5.com...]
Great smile [http://upload.wikimedia.org...]
Islam immune from criticism? [http://images15.fotki.com...]
Self-deprecating Muhammad [http://images38.fotki.com...]
Muhammad: The Painter [http://1.bp.blogspot.com...]
Non-violent Muhammad [http://barenakedislam.com...]
If Muhammad were here today [http://farm4.static.flickr.com...]

LOL

Loving the last one. Although, I would imagine the problems of having sex with nine-year olds, but regardless....lol
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 2:43:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 2:35:16 PM, Clash wrote:
Wallstreetatheist, you have zero respect for other religions. Don't you know that you can hurt many Muslims here by this? Or was that your intention? I myself cannot care less. However, I find this really sad, and that people like you do such pathetic things.

Explain your puerile fatuity that has its roots in "Thou shalt make no graven images."
Also, you remind me of one of the drawings of crybaby Muhammad [http://images15.fotki.com...]
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 2:47:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 2:35:16 PM, Clash wrote:
Wallstreetatheist, you have zero respect for other religions. Don't you know that you can hurt many Muslims here by this? Or was that your intention? I myself cannot care less. However, I find this really sad, and that people like you do such pathetic things.
Perhaps he has a retarded view of the life of the Prophet. That seems certain. I'm more than willing to crush his arguments in a debate anyway. (Particularly the paedophilia part).
Clash
Posts: 220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 2:53:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Perhaps he has a retarded view of the life of the Prophet. That seems certain. I'm more than willing to crush his arguments in a debate anyway. (Particularly the paedophilia part).

Indeed, me too.
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 2:55:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 2:35:16 PM, Clash wrote:
Wallstreetatheist, you have zero respect for other religions.

Why is that a bad thing?

Don't you know that you can hurt many Muslims here by this? Or was that your intention? I myself cannot care less. However, I find this really sad, and that people like you do such pathetic things.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 2:55:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Bronze-age stupidity flaring up again on the Internet. How cute!

O-/-< Look! It's Muhammad again! We must retaliate! Let's start burning cars and protesting like sub-literate cretins!
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 2:57:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 2:53:45 PM, Clash wrote:
Indeed, me too.
Other than that, there's no need to overreact to things like this. I used to take a hard stance on it, now I almost don't care. For one, it's pointless. Two, it happens with all religions - Jesus is probably the most ridiculed holy figure in the wold, which doesn't do good to Christianity. Third, there were worse things that were said during the era of the Prophet, such as that he is a madman and whatnot. The responses were "Peace be with you."

However, I can't help but lose respect to people who do things like this. Shows something about their intellect.
Ahmed.M
Posts: 616
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 2:58:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 2:55:39 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Bronze-age stupidity flaring up again on the Internet. How cute!

O-/-< Look! It's Muhammad again! We must retaliate! Let's start burning cars and protesting like sub-literate cretins!

What is your opinion on the entire matter, do you think it is a violation of free speech?
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:00:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 2:55:31 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 5/20/2012 2:35:16 PM, Clash wrote:
Wallstreetatheist, you have zero respect for other religions.

Why is that a bad thing?

Also, why should one respect another person's attempt to censor them. After all, that's what is being challenged here.


Don't you know that you can hurt many Muslims here by this? Or was that your intention? I myself cannot care less. However, I find this really sad, and that people like you do such pathetic things.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
airmax1227
Posts: 13,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:04:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
While I feel anyone should be able to express themselves however they want, and this includes people criticizing any religion in whatever method they see fit, this type of thing is generally intended simply to antagonize, and therefore I don't really see the point...
Debate.org Moderator
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:04:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I made one of these last year and it was pretty hilarious and explicit.

But I have different feelings this time around.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:07:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://en.wikipedia.org...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ahmed.M
Posts: 616
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:09:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Drawing Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) has to be completely banned because it isn't free speech, it is hate speech. Just as anyone would be socially and most times legally ostracized for making fun of the holocaust so to should any drawing of Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) be completely condemned and banned.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:10:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 3:09:00 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
Drawing Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) has to be completely banned because it isn't free speech, it is hate speech. Just as anyone would be socially and most times legally ostracized for making fun of the holocaust so to should any drawing of Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) be completely condemned and banned.

Yeah, no.
Clash
Posts: 220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:11:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 2:35:16 PM, Clash wrote:
Wallstreetatheist, you have zero respect for other religions.

Why is that a bad thing?

Did I say that it was a bad thing? Moreover, since you are asking if it is a bad thing, do you think its a good thing to disrespect other religions?

Anyway, as Mirza said, this whole thing is just pointless and waste of time, so I'm not going to talk here anymore. I also have to go anyway. And wallsthreetatheist, you should know that you are only making yourself look bad, and this whole thing really says much about you.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:12:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 3:09:00 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
Drawing Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) has to be completely banned because it isn't free speech, it is hate speech. Just as anyone would be socially and most times legally ostracized for making fun of the holocaust so to should any drawing of Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) be completely condemned and banned.

In the US pretty much everything is free speech including hate speech. One can also make fun of the holocaust with absolutely no consequence legally.

I've already said a few comments ago that I don't agree with the spirit of 'Draw Muhammad day' because I don't see the point, and it seems intended to antagonize. But I am going to stand by the spirit of freedom of speech no matter how many people are offended.
Debate.org Moderator
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:12:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 2:35:16 PM, Clash wrote:
Wallstreetatheist, you have zero respect for other religions.

It seems like religion can dish it out, but it can't take it, like a street thug who calls the police when his victims fight back. Being an atheist or secularist today is no longer a matter of opting out, but actively fending off, so I say whatever abuse religion gets, it deserves 10x over. Besides, I don't think it's possible to be too aggressive when defending freedom of speech, which is absolutely sacred and much, much more sacred than any god, or prophet, or scripture could or will ever be for eternity.

I'm don't respect misogyny and sexism; I'm extremely intolerant of them; I hope that doesn't offend. Racism and anti-semitism, sorry no tolerance or respect there. Homophobia perhaps? Nope, not a shred of tolerance there, sorry if that offends you. Child abuse and cruelty to animals? Sorry, no tolerance whatsoever. Slavery? Not a chance of respect for that. But brace yourself, not only am I openly intolerant of all those things, but if religion is used an excuse for any of them, I'm afraid I become aggressively hostile and I don't apologize for it, because I have no need to apologize for it, and neither should anyone else.

Draw Muhammad Day is a push to crowbar the tiny minds of people's cowardly religious immaturity out of the bronze age and a defense of freedom of speech and freedom of thought.

~Peace
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:17:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 3:09:00 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
Drawing Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) has to be completely banned because it isn't free speech, it is hate speech. Just as anyone would be socially and most times legally ostracized for making fun of the holocaust so to should any drawing of Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) be completely condemned and banned.
This would never work. We have no certain way of determining what kind of speech goes over reasonable lines. I think freedom of speech should remain strong.
Ahmed.M
Posts: 616
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:17:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 3:12:17 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/20/2012 3:09:00 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
Drawing Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) has to be completely banned because it isn't free speech, it is hate speech. Just as anyone would be socially and most times legally ostracized for making fun of the holocaust so to should any drawing of Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) be completely condemned and banned.

In the US pretty much everything is free speech including hate speech. One can also make fun of the holocaust with absolutely no consequence legally.

That's a joke. Anyone who even questions the number of people killed on the holocaust on a public level are completely condemned socially and it is completely taboo, legal actions are also taken. However, if one draws Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) the fake guise of free speech is put up. Double standards.
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:19:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 3:09:00 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
Drawing Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) has to be completely banned because it isn't free speech, it is hate speech. Just as anyone would be socially and most times legally ostracized for making fun of the holocaust so to should any drawing of Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) be completely condemned and banned.

Drawing a picture of Muhammad isn't hate speech; it's a violation of Islamic blasphemy laws.

The intention is to assert that people can draw whatever they want. The intention is to assert the principles of secularism and freedom.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Ahmed.M
Posts: 616
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:20:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
People have to understand that true free speech doesnot actually exist. There are certain lines one cannot cross and if they do, they suffer consequences. Things such as heavy criticism of government policy, holocause, racism are simply not allowed.

complete free speech doesn't even exist just as true democracy doesn't.