Total Posts:56|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why does God only love Americans?

ivanmaric
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 2:06:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
According to the Bible anyone who believes in false Gods or not God etc. etc. is going to hell. So what about if you're born in India and raised as a Hindu through no fault of your own. you spend an eternity in hell. Yet by the odd chance you were born in America you get eternity in paradise. This hardly seems fair to me.
Is it the case that God will sentence billions of people to hell for being born in the wrong country? Or is it possible that in actual fact our Christian God isn't actually the "right" God? Or maybe there is no God.
That last option seems the most logical to me.
KeytarHero
Posts: 612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 8:43:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 2:06:27 AM, ivanmaric wrote:
According to the Bible anyone who believes in false Gods or not God etc. etc. is going to hell. So what about if you're born in India and raised as a Hindu through no fault of your own. you spend an eternity in hell. Yet by the odd chance you were born in America you get eternity in paradise. This hardly seems fair to me.
Is it the case that God will sentence billions of people to hell for being born in the wrong country? Or is it possible that in actual fact our Christian God isn't actually the "right" God? Or maybe there is no God.
That last option seems the most logical to me.

People don't go to Hell for believing in another religion. They go to Hell because they are sinners. Sin is heinous to God and deserving of punishment in Hell. The only way to be saved from Hell is to believe in Jesus and be forgiven.

It has nothing to do with where you are born. There are non-Christians in America, just like there are Christians in Hindu-dominant countries. The problem is that people have a hard time converting in other countries because if you do, you are killed. People are afraid to convert to Christianity because they fear for their life.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 11:01:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 8:43:55 AM, KeytarHero wrote:
At 5/21/2012 2:06:27 AM, ivanmaric wrote:
According to the Bible anyone who believes in false Gods or not God etc. etc. is going to hell. So what about if you're born in India and raised as a Hindu through no fault of your own. you spend an eternity in hell. Yet by the odd chance you were born in America you get eternity in paradise. This hardly seems fair to me.
Is it the case that God will sentence billions of people to hell for being born in the wrong country? Or is it possible that in actual fact our Christian God isn't actually the "right" God? Or maybe there is no God.
That last option seems the most logical to me.

People don't go to Hell for believing in another religion. They go to Hell because they are sinners. Sin is heinous to God and deserving of punishment in Hell. The only way to be saved from Hell is to believe in Jesus and be forgiven.

Contradiction much? Can I believe in Jesus, Thor, and Zeus all at once in a massive rave, or is that not believing in Christ. I think you mean believe in Jesus and the Bible there.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 11:04:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 8:43:55 AM, KeytarHero wrote:
At 5/21/2012 2:06:27 AM, ivanmaric wrote:
According to the Bible anyone who believes in false Gods or not God etc. etc. is going to hell. So what about if you're born in India and raised as a Hindu through no fault of your own. you spend an eternity in hell. Yet by the odd chance you were born in America you get eternity in paradise. This hardly seems fair to me.
Is it the case that God will sentence billions of people to hell for being born in the wrong country? Or is it possible that in actual fact our Christian God isn't actually the "right" God? Or maybe there is no God.
That last option seems the most logical to me.

People don't go to Hell for believing in another religion. They go to Hell because they are sinners. Sin is heinous to God and deserving of punishment in Hell. The only way to be saved from Hell is to believe in Jesus and be forgiven.

It has nothing to do with where you are born. There are non-Christians in America, just like there are Christians in Hindu-dominant countries. The problem is that people have a hard time converting in other countries because if you do, you are killed. People are afraid to convert to Christianity because they fear for their life.

Ummm Ya you made no sense. If it doesn't matter what religion you are, then why must you accept Jesus to avoid hell?
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 11:42:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago

People don't go to Hell for believing in another religion. They go to Hell because they are sinners. Sin is heinous to God and deserving of punishment in Hell. The only way to be saved from Hell is to believe in Jesus and be forgiven.

Generally, I understant this as: If you are a good person you go to heaven regardless of what you believe. However, if you are a sinner you can only go to heaven if you accept jesus and pray for forgivness.

Why do Christian sinners get this unfair advantage? Sinners in America/Christian countries have an unfair advantage because they are brought up in Christianity. Sinners in other places may have no knowledge of christianity, and not have the ability to go to heaven. Whereas in America/Christian Countries almost everyone has the ability to erase evil deeds. This does not seem fair to me.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 11:46:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think God presents himself to all people in different ways. The Law of Moses wasn't the end-all be-all way for God to deal with his children, and it was different from what came after, but it still came from God.

I think he is more concerned with how you live your life according to the knowledge you have, than what that knowledge specifically is.

"But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason you were brought into Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you might know me better there." - Aslan, C.S. Lewis
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:45:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
There is one view that God, knowing everything, knows who would or would not have accepted Jesus as savior. It is possible that he put people in areas thathave not heard of Jesus that would not accept him. This is just another view that people have and its open to discussion.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:49:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 2:06:27 AM, ivanmaric wrote:
According to the Bible anyone who believes in false Gods or not God etc. etc. is going to hell. So what about if you're born in India and raised as a Hindu through no fault of your own. you spend an eternity in hell. Yet by the odd chance you were born in America you get eternity in paradise. This hardly seems fair to me.
Is it the case that God will sentence billions of people to hell for being born in the wrong country? Or is it possible that in actual fact our Christian God isn't actually the "right" God? Or maybe there is no God.
That last option seems the most logical to me.

It's not that people are born in the wrong country, it's that Americans put "In God We Trust" on all their currency. God really likes that.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:52:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 12:45:43 PM, stubs wrote:
There is one view that God, knowing everything, knows who would or would not have accepted Jesus as savior. It is possible that he put people in areas thathave not heard of Jesus that would not accept him. This is just another view that people have and its open to discussion.

So why do Indian Christians exist, and why was I born in America?

This sound like a weak version of predestination.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:53:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 12:45:43 PM, stubs wrote:
There is one view that God, knowing everything, knows who would or would not have accepted Jesus as savior. It is possible that he put people in areas thathave not heard of Jesus that would not accept him. This is just another view that people have and its open to discussion.

Why would he even create those people in the first place if he was just going to damn them? Why does accepting Jesus matter, when one could live a perfectly good life without accepting Jesus? Also Jew are supposedly God's chosen people, they don't accept Jesus as their savior, are God's chosen people going to Hell?
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:54:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 11:42:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:

Why do Christian sinners get this unfair advantage? Sinners in America/Christian countries have an unfair advantage because they are brought up in Christianity. Sinners in other places may have no knowledge of christianity, and not have the ability to go to heaven. Whereas in America/Christian Countries almost everyone has the ability to erase evil deeds. This does not seem fair to me.

Well it doesn't seem very fair that anyone should go to heaven in the first place. I also disagree with your sentence that somepeople don't have the ability to go to heaven.
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:57:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 8:43:55 AM, KeytarHero wrote:
At 5/21/2012 2:06:27 AM, ivanmaric wrote:
According to the Bible anyone who believes in false Gods or not God etc. etc. is going to hell. So what about if you're born in India and raised as a Hindu through no fault of your own. you spend an eternity in hell. Yet by the odd chance you were born in America you get eternity in paradise. This hardly seems fair to me.
Is it the case that God will sentence billions of people to hell for being born in the wrong country? Or is it possible that in actual fact our Christian God isn't actually the "right" God? Or maybe there is no God.
That last option seems the most logical to me.

People don't go to Hell for believing in another religion. They go to Hell because they are sinners. Sin is heinous to God and deserving of punishment in Hell. The only way to be saved from Hell is to believe in Jesus and be forgiven.

It has nothing to do with where you are born. There are non-Christians in America, just like there are Christians in Hindu-dominant countries. The problem is that people have a hard time converting in other countries because if you do, you are killed. People are afraid to convert to Christianity because they fear for their life.

There were two sets of requirements. The first is the demands of God in order to be able to go to heaven without any help. This law requires that you be sinless.

The second set was created when Christ died for us but requires something from us in return. This requirement says that we must believe in Jesus.

Now why did Jesus make believing in him a requirement instead of something like asking us to be basically decent or to try as hard as we can to be good? Is failing to accept Jesus a sin to you?
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 1:03:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 12:54:54 PM, stubs wrote:
At 5/21/2012 11:42:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:

Why do Christian sinners get this unfair advantage? Sinners in America/Christian countries have an unfair advantage because they are brought up in Christianity. Sinners in other places may have no knowledge of christianity, and not have the ability to go to heaven. Whereas in America/Christian Countries almost everyone has the ability to erase evil deeds. This does not seem fair to me.

Well it doesn't seem very fair that anyone should go to heaven in the first place. I also disagree with your sentence that somepeople don't have the ability to go to heaven.

Why is it unfair for people to go to heaven? If God decides who goes to heaven based on if they accept jesus, then some are extremely disadvantaged as to getting into heaven. Why do you think otherwise?
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 1:05:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 12:45:43 PM, stubs wrote:
There is one view that God, knowing everything, knows who would or would not have accepted Jesus as savior. It is possible that he put people in areas thathave not heard of Jesus that would not accept him. This is just another view that people have and its open to discussion.

There are many people in America ect who do not accept jesus. Why did God put these people here and not elsewhere?
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 1:16:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 2:06:27 AM, ivanmaric wrote:
According to the Bible anyone who believes in false Gods or not God etc. etc. is going to hell. So what about if you're born in India and raised as a Hindu through no fault of your own. you spend an eternity in hell. Yet by the odd chance you were born in America you get eternity in paradise. This hardly seems fair to me.
Is it the case that God will sentence billions of people to hell for being born in the wrong country? Or is it possible that in actual fact our Christian God isn't actually the "right" God? Or maybe there is no God.
That last option seems the most logical to me.


You see, this is thing most people do, and it's something very normal; very human.

We relate our belief in God, based on the things we like. We think about what we want God to be.. and we place belief in that imagined being. If the God of someone else's mind isn't as appealing to you, you say "good for you, but my God..."

Its all a matter of preference and relatability. You wish God was like you, and agreed with everything you do and think.

This is what set's Christianity apart.

God isn't like us, He doesn't agree or approve of the things we do. The situation we are in, and given this post - the continued lust for our own personal God's, and to be released from the harsh truth, which is YAWEH.

Christianity is everywhere.. all have access to it's presence in the world, but not all are chosen. Doesn't matter where you are, only God chooses his elect.

You can take this as an assault on your freedom an rebel(most will), but you most surely will fail, miserably.

Or you can be opened to the truth, and hear the Good news.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 1:22:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 2:06:27 AM, ivanmaric wrote:
According to the Bible anyone who believes in false Gods or not God etc. etc. is going to hell. So what about if you're born in India and raised as a Hindu through no fault of your own. you spend an eternity in hell. Yet by the odd chance you were born in America you get eternity in paradise. This hardly seems fair to me.
Is it the case that God will sentence billions of people to hell for being born in the wrong country? Or is it possible that in actual fact our Christian God isn't actually the "right" God? Or maybe there is no God.
That last option seems the most logical to me.

I believe the book of Romans will do. "For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness, and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus." (Romans 2:14-16) Basically, those who never heard of Jesus would be judged according to the "Law of God" in other words objective morality; God gave every man a conscience. Someone who had never heard of Christianity is not regulated to hell, according to Christianity rather God judges them according to the objective morality He set in place.

Someone who hears the Gospel but, chooses to ignore it will be condemned. Someone who never heard the gospel but, chooses to ignore their conscience will be condemned. Someone who never heard the gospel but, chooses to follow their conscience and lead a good life will be judged accordingly by God. Read Heb 9:9-10:8, John 8:56, Luke 2:29-31, 1 Tim 4:10, 1 Pet 1:10-12 this selection gives a good account of who was saved by Jesus yet, lived before Jesus.
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 3:15:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why does God only love Americans?
Because God IS American!
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 3:47:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 2:06:27 AM, ivanmaric wrote:
According to the Bible anyone who believes in false Gods or not God etc. etc. is going to hell. So what about if you're born in India and raised as a Hindu through no fault of your own. you spend an eternity in hell. Yet by the odd chance you were born in America you get eternity in paradise. This hardly seems fair to me.
Is it the case that God will sentence billions of people to hell for being born in the wrong country? Or is it possible that in actual fact our Christian God isn't actually the "right" God? Or maybe there is no God.
That last option seems the most logical to me.

Not all Christians believe in hell.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 3:51:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 12:53:04 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:


Why would he even create those people in the first place if he was just going to damn them? Why does accepting Jesus matter, when one could live a perfectly good life without accepting Jesus? Also Jew are supposedly God's chosen people, they don't accept Jesus as their savior, are God's chosen people going to Hell?

Like I said he didn't create them just to go to hell, He knew they would not accept him. You're basically asking why wouldn't God only make people who accept him. I'm not sure if Catholics still hold to the view or not that Jew's are going heaven just because they are Jewish, but I do not hold that opinion. I think to say that when the Israelites are referred to as God's chosen people that means they will automatically go to heaven is a rather poor interpretation.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 3:52:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 2:06:27 AM, ivanmaric wrote:
According to the Bible anyone who believes in false Gods or not God etc. etc. is going to hell. So what about if you're born in India and raised as a Hindu through no fault of your own. you spend an eternity in hell. Yet by the odd chance you were born in America you get eternity in paradise. This hardly seems fair to me.
Is it the case that God will sentence billions of people to hell for being born in the wrong country? Or is it possible that in actual fact our Christian God isn't actually the "right" God? Or maybe there is no God.
That last option seems the most logical to me.

Tough toe nails, that's just the way it is. Life isn't fair, and everyone goes to hell but Americans, oh and Bill Maher, he goes to hell.
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 3:52:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 12:52:36 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 5/21/2012 12:45:43 PM, stubs wrote:
There is one view that God, knowing everything, knows who would or would not have accepted Jesus as savior. It is possible that he put people in areas thathave not heard of Jesus that would not accept him. This is just another view that people have and its open to discussion.

So why do Indian Christians exist, and why was I born in America?

This sound like a weak version of predestination.

Nothing in that paragraph says there cannot be Christians in India. Nothing in that paragraph says atheist are not born in america. It also has nothing to do with predestination at all.
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 3:55:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 1:03:13 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Why is it unfair for people to go to heaven? If God decides who goes to heaven based on if they accept jesus, then some are extremely disadvantaged as to getting into heaven. Why do you think otherwise?

If (according to the bible) we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, we deserve Hell. We do not deserve heaven. Are some people based on: location, culture, ect. less likely to accept Jesus as savior? Yeah I would agree with that.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:22:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 3:58:19 PM, stubs wrote:
At 5/21/2012 3:39:33 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Universalism ftw.

Are you a universalist?

Yah.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:33:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 3:55:29 PM, stubs wrote:
At 5/21/2012 1:03:13 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Why is it unfair for people to go to heaven? If God decides who goes to heaven based on if they accept jesus, then some are extremely disadvantaged as to getting into heaven. Why do you think otherwise?

If (according to the bible) we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, we deserve Hell. We do not deserve heaven. Are some people based on: location, culture, ect. less likely to accept Jesus as savior? Yeah I would agree with that.

So according to the Bible, everyone deserves to be tortured an experience immense pain for eternity. This is a rather evil idea, right? What about the people the rather good people that don't sin? Surely someone does not deserve to be tortured forever unless they have done incredibily evil things, like murder, rape, ect.

Furthermore, an evil person (murderer, rapist) should not automatically be forgiven for accepting jesus. Take this situation.

A man rapes and murders someone else who does not believe in God. Later in his life, the murderer finds jesus. The murderer gets to go to paradise while the victim is tortured forever. This is a sick, twisted, immoral idea.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:34:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
A person's religion is largely a consequence of arbitrary geography. Imagine what people in Saudi Arabia say, "How unfortunate for those Americans to be born in a predominately Christian society. If only they'd been born here, they could see the truth of Allah." ad infinitum.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:39:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 4:33:42 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

A man rapes and murders someone else who does not believe in God. Later in his life, the murderer finds jesus. The murderer gets to go to paradise while the victim is tortured forever. This is a sick, twisted, immoral idea.

LOLGOD
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:40:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
All religions need to put their differences aside and join together in their hatred of reason and atheists.

http://lolgod.blogspot.com...
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.