Total Posts:54|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Was the Garden of Eden literal?

ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 5:39:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is not a debate only a discussion. This discussion is to provide theories and thoughts. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

My thoughts are as follows:
Garden of Eden was literal. Not in a physical sense. I believe that the kingdom of God is the earth but only spiritual. I believe that the garden was within God kingdom which Adam and Eve could access. So them being tempted by the tree of good and evil was not really a tempt.
example: If I invited you to my house and allowed you to use anything in my house but certain personel things and you did anyway. Did I tempt you? No. Same so, God allowed Adam and Eve in his kingdom and garden and told them what not to eat. They chose to eat of the tree.
This garden being on earth would be a reason why a Angel with a flaming sword must protect it. Not from us today but previous men that knew where it was and how to access it.
TheAsylum
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 6:53:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 5:39:38 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
This is not a debate only a discussion. This discussion is to provide theories and thoughts. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

My thoughts are as follows:
Garden of Eden was literal. Not in a physical sense. I believe that the kingdom of God is the earth but only spiritual. I believe that the garden was within God kingdom which Adam and Eve could access. So them being tempted by the tree of good and evil was not really a tempt.
example: If I invited you to my house and allowed you to use anything in my house but certain personel things and you did anyway. Did I tempt you? No. Same so, God allowed Adam and Eve in his kingdom and garden and told them what not to eat. They chose to eat of the tree.
This garden being on earth would be a reason why a Angel with a flaming sword must protect it. Not from us today but previous men that knew where it was and how to access it.

There are all kinds of theories about the Garden of Eden. I heard one that said it was at the bottom of the Persian Gulf.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 5:39:38 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
This is not a debate only a discussion. This discussion is to provide theories and thoughts. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

My thoughts are as follows:
Garden of Eden was literal. Not in a physical sense. I believe that the kingdom of God is the earth but only spiritual. I believe that the garden was within God kingdom which Adam and Eve could access. So them being tempted by the tree of good and evil was not really a tempt.
example: If I invited you to my house and allowed you to use anything in my house but certain personel things and you did anyway. Did I tempt you? No. Same so, God allowed Adam and Eve in his kingdom and garden and told them what not to eat. They chose to eat of the tree.
This garden being on earth would be a reason why a Angel with a flaming sword must protect it. Not from us today but previous men that knew where it was and how to access it.

It was both physical AND spiritual, just as Adam was both.. so a real tree with real fruit that was ALSO a spiritual decision.

Adam chose his flesh (Eve) over Gods command (as we all do everyday) but was STILL in the garden after having eaten, why? because God gave him a chance to 'come clean' which would have restored them both..

This is why repentance (daily, continually) is SO important for the believer.

John 13:8
"No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet." Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."
The Cross.. the Cross.
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 3:00:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/21/2012 5:39:38 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
This is not a debate only a discussion. This discussion is to provide theories and thoughts. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

My thoughts are as follows:
Garden of Eden was literal. Not in a physical sense. I believe that the kingdom of God is the earth but only spiritual. I believe that the garden was within God kingdom which Adam and Eve could access. So them being tempted by the tree of good and evil was not really a tempt.
example: If I invited you to my house and allowed you to use anything in my house but certain personel things and you did anyway. Did I tempt you? No. Same so, God allowed Adam and Eve in his kingdom and garden and told them what not to eat. They chose to eat of the tree.
This garden being on earth would be a reason why a Angel with a flaming sword must protect it. Not from us today but previous men that knew where it was and how to access it.

It was both physical AND spiritual, just as Adam was both.. so a real tree with real fruit that was ALSO a spiritual decision.

Adam chose his flesh (Eve) over Gods command (as we all do everyday) but was STILL in the garden after having eaten, why? because God gave him a chance to 'come clean' which would have restored them both..

This is why repentance (daily, continually) is SO important for the believer.

John 13:8
"No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet." Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."


Thanks!
TheAsylum
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 5:24:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/21/2012 5:39:38 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
This is not a debate only a discussion. This discussion is to provide theories and thoughts. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

My thoughts are as follows:
Garden of Eden was literal. Not in a physical sense. I believe that the kingdom of God is the earth but only spiritual. I believe that the garden was within God kingdom which Adam and Eve could access. So them being tempted by the tree of good and evil was not really a tempt.
example: If I invited you to my house and allowed you to use anything in my house but certain personel things and you did anyway. Did I tempt you? No. Same so, God allowed Adam and Eve in his kingdom and garden and told them what not to eat. They chose to eat of the tree.
This garden being on earth would be a reason why a Angel with a flaming sword must protect it. Not from us today but previous men that knew where it was and how to access it.

At 5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
It was both physical AND spiritual, just as Adam was both.. so a real tree with real fruit that was ALSO a spiritual decision.
ALL religious Story books including the bible are 100% man concocted!

The legitimate evidence ANY acclaimed ' holy-text ' is the words of ANY Supernatural god(s) given to men remains a constant zero!

Whatever happened in biblical Story book Land was dependent on the 100% human writers about their fictional characters like Adam, Eve, jesus, paul & moses whose literal Historical existence outside of Story book bible Land is non-existent!.

At 5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Adam chose his flesh (Eve)
Story book Adam was NOT deceived by any Genesis-Edenic Serpent nor Story book Eve - (See: 1 Tim. 2:14) KJV Story book

DATCMOTO's ideology is founded upon a 100% human concocted Story book and DATCMOTO's Story book analysis is also spurious from the onset!
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 9:53:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/22/2012 5:24:51 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/21/2012 5:39:38 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
This is not a debate only a discussion. This discussion is to provide theories and thoughts. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

My thoughts are as follows:
Garden of Eden was literal. Not in a physical sense. I believe that the kingdom of God is the earth but only spiritual. I believe that the garden was within God kingdom which Adam and Eve could access. So them being tempted by the tree of good and evil was not really a tempt.
example: If I invited you to my house and allowed you to use anything in my house but certain personel things and you did anyway. Did I tempt you? No. Same so, God allowed Adam and Eve in his kingdom and garden and told them what not to eat. They chose to eat of the tree.
This garden being on earth would be a reason why a Angel with a flaming sword must protect it. Not from us today but previous men that knew where it was and how to access it.

At 5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
It was both physical AND spiritual, just as Adam was both.. so a real tree with real fruit that was ALSO a spiritual decision.
ALL religious Story books including the bible are 100% man concocted!

The legitimate evidence ANY acclaimed ' holy-text ' is the words of ANY Supernatural god(s) given to men remains a constant zero!

Whatever happened in biblical Story book Land was dependent on the 100% human writers about their fictional characters like Adam, Eve, jesus, paul & moses whose literal Historical existence outside of Story book bible Land is non-existent!.

At 5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Adam chose his flesh (Eve)
Story book Adam was NOT deceived by any Genesis-Edenic Serpent nor Story book Eve - (See: 1 Tim. 2:14) KJV Story book

DATCMOTO's ideology is founded upon a 100% human concocted Story book and DATCMOTO's Story book analysis is also spurious from the onset!

Eve WAS deceived:

1 Timothy 2:14
And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 9:56:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/22/2012 5:24:51 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/21/2012 5:39:38 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
This is not a debate only a discussion. This discussion is to provide theories and thoughts. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

My thoughts are as follows:
Garden of Eden was literal. Not in a physical sense. I believe that the kingdom of God is the earth but only spiritual. I believe that the garden was within God kingdom which Adam and Eve could access. So them being tempted by the tree of good and evil was not really a tempt.
example: If I invited you to my house and allowed you to use anything in my house but certain personel things and you did anyway. Did I tempt you? No. Same so, God allowed Adam and Eve in his kingdom and garden and told them what not to eat. They chose to eat of the tree.
This garden being on earth would be a reason why a Angel with a flaming sword must protect it. Not from us today but previous men that knew where it was and how to access it.

At 5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
It was both physical AND spiritual, just as Adam was both.. so a real tree with real fruit that was ALSO a spiritual decision.
ALL religious Story books including the bible are 100% man concocted!

The legitimate evidence ANY acclaimed ' holy-text ' is the words of ANY Supernatural god(s) given to men remains a constant zero!

Whatever happened in biblical Story book Land was dependent on the 100% human writers about their fictional characters like Adam, Eve, jesus, paul & moses whose literal Historical existence outside of Story book bible Land is non-existent!.

At 5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Adam chose his flesh (Eve)
Story book Adam was NOT deceived by any Genesis-Edenic Serpent nor Story book Eve - (See: 1 Tim. 2:14) KJV Story book

DATCMOTO's ideology is founded upon a 100% human concocted Story book and DATCMOTO's Story book analysis is also spurious from the onset!

http://www.debate.org...
The Cross.. the Cross.
Nosaj5q
Posts: 175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 10:00:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/22/2012 5:24:51 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/21/2012 5:39:38 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
This is not a debate only a discussion. This discussion is to provide theories and thoughts. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

My thoughts are as follows:
Garden of Eden was literal. Not in a physical sense. I believe that the kingdom of God is the earth but only spiritual. I believe that the garden was within God kingdom which Adam and Eve could access. So them being tempted by the tree of good and evil was not really a tempt.
example: If I invited you to my house and allowed you to use anything in my house but certain personel things and you did anyway. Did I tempt you? No. Same so, God allowed Adam and Eve in his kingdom and garden and told them what not to eat. They chose to eat of the tree.
This garden being on earth would be a reason why a Angel with a flaming sword must protect it. Not from us today but previous men that knew where it was and how to access it.

At 5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
It was both physical AND spiritual, just as Adam was both.. so a real tree with real fruit that was ALSO a spiritual decision.
ALL religious Story books including the bible are 100% man concocted!

The legitimate evidence ANY acclaimed ' holy-text ' is the words of ANY Supernatural god(s) given to men remains a constant zero!

Whatever happened in biblical Story book Land was dependent on the 100% human writers about their fictional characters like Adam, Eve, jesus, paul & moses whose literal Historical existence outside of Story book bible Land is non-existent!.

At 5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Adam chose his flesh (Eve)
Story book Adam was NOT deceived by any Genesis-Edenic Serpent nor Story book Eve - (See: 1 Tim. 2:14) KJV Story book

DATCMOTO's ideology is founded upon a 100% human concocted Story book and DATCMOTO's Story book analysis is also spurious from the onset!

i agree with u but don't be such a dink this is why theists hate us.
Slimy yet satisfying"
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 10:07:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/22/2012 10:00:50 AM, Nosaj5q wrote:
At 5/22/2012 5:24:51 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/21/2012 5:39:38 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
This is not a debate only a discussion. This discussion is to provide theories and thoughts. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

My thoughts are as follows:
Garden of Eden was literal. Not in a physical sense. I believe that the kingdom of God is the earth but only spiritual. I believe that the garden was within God kingdom which Adam and Eve could access. So them being tempted by the tree of good and evil was not really a tempt.
example: If I invited you to my house and allowed you to use anything in my house but certain personel things and you did anyway. Did I tempt you? No. Same so, God allowed Adam and Eve in his kingdom and garden and told them what not to eat. They chose to eat of the tree.
This garden being on earth would be a reason why a Angel with a flaming sword must protect it. Not from us today but previous men that knew where it was and how to access it.

At 5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
It was both physical AND spiritual, just as Adam was both.. so a real tree with real fruit that was ALSO a spiritual decision.
ALL religious Story books including the bible are 100% man concocted!

The legitimate evidence ANY acclaimed ' holy-text ' is the words of ANY Supernatural god(s) given to men remains a constant zero!

Whatever happened in biblical Story book Land was dependent on the 100% human writers about their fictional characters like Adam, Eve, jesus, paul & moses whose literal Historical existence outside of Story book bible Land is non-existent!.

At 5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Adam chose his flesh (Eve)
Story book Adam was NOT deceived by any Genesis-Edenic Serpent nor Story book Eve - (See: 1 Tim. 2:14) KJV Story book

DATCMOTO's ideology is founded upon a 100% human concocted Story book and DATCMOTO's Story book analysis is also spurious from the onset!

i agree with u but don't be such a dink this is why theists hate us.

On the contrary:

Matthew 5:43-44
"You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.' But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you


Because:

Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 10:16:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
"our struggle is against the rulers ...and authorities"

"Everyone must submit to governing authorities, for those in positions of authority have been placed there by God."
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 10:26:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/22/2012 10:16:39 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
"our struggle is against the rulers ...and authorities"

"Everyone must submit to governing authorities, for those in positions of authority have been placed there by God."

My scripture refers to spiritual rulers, yours to earthly.
The Cross.. the Cross.
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 1:04:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/22/2012 5:24:51 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/21/2012 5:39:38 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
This is not a debate only a discussion. This discussion is to provide theories and thoughts. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

My thoughts are as follows:
Garden of Eden was literal. Not in a physical sense. I believe that the kingdom of God is the earth but only spiritual. I believe that the garden was within God kingdom which Adam and Eve could access. So them being tempted by the tree of good and evil was not really a tempt.
example: If I invited you to my house and allowed you to use anything in my house but certain personel things and you did anyway. Did I tempt you? No. Same so, God allowed Adam and Eve in his kingdom and garden and told them what not to eat. They chose to eat of the tree.
This garden being on earth would be a reason why a Angel with a flaming sword must protect it. Not from us today but previous men that knew where it was and how to access it.

At 5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
It was both physical AND spiritual, just as Adam was both.. so a real tree with real fruit that was ALSO a spiritual decision.
ALL religious Story books including the bible are 100% man concocted!

The legitimate evidence ANY acclaimed ' holy-text ' is the words of ANY Supernatural god(s) given to men remains a constant zero!

Whatever happened in biblical Story book Land was dependent on the 100% human writers about their fictional characters like Adam, Eve, jesus, paul & moses whose literal Historical existence outside of Story book bible Land is non-existent!.

At 5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Adam chose his flesh (Eve)
Story book Adam was NOT deceived by any Genesis-Edenic Serpent nor Story book Eve - (See: 1 Tim. 2:14) KJV Story book

DATCMOTO's ideology is founded upon a 100% human concocted Story book and DATCMOTO's Story book analysis is also spurious from the onset!
The same can be said of you and whoever you use as information. Just because it is believed and said does not make it. Prove your claims:

The legitimate evidence ANY acclaimed ' holy-text ' is the words of ANY Supernatural god(s) given to men remains a constant zero!
I think many claim to have exsperienced the Holy Ghost. The mountable evidence found that is within the Bible thousands of years ago. What evidence are you refering? Evidence unfound does not prove no evidence or the avent did not occur.

Whatever happened in biblical Story book Land was dependent on the 100% human writers about their fictional characters like Adam, Eve, jesus, paul & moses whose literal Historical existence outside of Story book bible Land is non-existent!.
Though no evidence is not proof of non existance. Again Proof the Bible should be considered false?
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 1:04:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/22/2012 10:26:26 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/22/2012 10:16:39 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
"our struggle is against the rulers ...and authorities"

"Everyone must submit to governing authorities, for those in positions of authority have been placed there by God."

My scripture refers to spiritual rulers, yours to earthly.

^ Said splendidly.
TheAsylum
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 9:45:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/22/2012 10:26:26 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/22/2012 10:16:39 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
"our struggle is against the rulers ...and authorities"

"Everyone must submit to governing authorities, for those in positions of authority have been placed there by God."

My scripture refers to spiritual rulers, yours to earthly.
Proving you do and must obey your naughty Spiritual Ruler Satan after all, for it is a Spiritual Power ' placed there by your god ' (apparently?) LOL!

You are a self-admitted ' agent of your Satan! (LOL!) '.
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 8:49:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/22/2012 9:45:22 PM, Composer wrote:
At 5/22/2012 10:26:26 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/22/2012 10:16:39 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
"our struggle is against the rulers ...and authorities"

"Everyone must submit to governing authorities, for those in positions of authority have been placed there by God."

My scripture refers to spiritual rulers, yours to earthly.
Proving you do and must obey your naughty Spiritual Ruler Satan after all, for it is a Spiritual Power ' placed there by your god ' (apparently?) LOL!

You are a self-admitted ' agent of your Satan! (LOL!) '.

http://www.tannerlectures.utah.edu...

I found this to be very good research on Satan
Me
cbrhawk1
Posts: 588
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 10:01:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm not a big fan of the Garden of Eden story. There are so may questions that you can't do anything but speculate.

My interpretation is that God showed himself to an animal which was nearly all human. Through the revelation of truth, this man God showed himself to developed knowledge to control his environment and mold it to his liking.

Whatever happened after that, that's how I think we were able to build large civilizations and such, using that knoledge. Unfortunately, we got the good and the bad knowledge (like eating the apple).

As far as the physical details and even what I presented, there's just nothing we can get from it at all except for that God created the Heavens and the Earth.
"All science is 'wrong.'" ~ drafterman
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 10:27:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Im doing alot of study. Ever here of the hollow earth? The most reasonable location for the Garden of Eden is the south pole not the middle east.
Do you know that Icebergs are freash water though they sit in salt water.
The temptature is tropical at north and south poles.
If you look at pictures from space at any of our planets and moon there is a cavity in the north and south poles.
The hollow earth is not a ridicolous claim.
TheAsylum
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 4:37:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/22/2012 1:04:50 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 5/22/2012 10:26:26 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/22/2012 10:16:39 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
"our struggle is against the rulers ...and authorities"

"Everyone must submit to governing authorities, for those in positions of authority have been placed there by God."

My scripture refers to spiritual rulers, yours to earthly.

^ Said splendidly.

Thank you Sir.
The Cross.. the Cross.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 7:20:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 5:39:38 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
This is not a debate only a discussion. This discussion is to provide theories and thoughts. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

My thoughts are as follows:
Garden of Eden was literal. Not in a physical sense. I believe that the kingdom of God is the earth but only spiritual. I believe that the garden was within God kingdom which Adam and Eve could access. So them being tempted by the tree of good and evil was not really a tempt.
example: If I invited you to my house and allowed you to use anything in my house but certain personel things and you did anyway. Did I tempt you? No. Same so, God allowed Adam and Eve in his kingdom and garden and told them what not to eat. They chose to eat of the tree.
This garden being on earth would be a reason why a Angel with a flaming sword must protect it. Not from us today but previous men that knew where it was and how to access it.

If God was so nice, why wouldn't he share his apples?Does God even need the apples for himself? Does God eat apples? Surely he could of shared a few apples at least.
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 7:58:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/22/2012 1:04:18 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

Whatever happened in biblical Story book Land was dependent on the 100% human writers about their fictional characters like Adam, Eve, jesus, paul & moses whose literal Historical existence outside of Story book bible Land is non-existent!.

There is evidence for Jesus outside of the bible.
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 10:19:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/26/2012 7:20:52 AM, twocupcakes wrote:

If God was so nice, why wouldn't he share his apples?Does God even need the apples for himself? Does God eat apples? Surely he could of shared a few apples at least.

God let them eat anything, but said they cannot eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. He shared nearly everything with them.
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 10:08:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/26/2012 7:58:04 AM, stubs wrote:
At 5/22/2012 1:04:18 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

Whatever happened in biblical Story book Land was dependent on the 100% human writers about their fictional characters like Adam, Eve, jesus, paul & moses whose literal Historical existence outside of Story book bible Land is non-existent!.

There is evidence for Jesus outside of the bible.

I did not write this???????
TheAsylum
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 10:17:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/26/2012 7:58:04 AM, stubs wrote:
At 5/22/2012 1:04:18 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

Whatever happened in biblical Story book Land was dependent on the 100% human writers about their fictional characters like Adam, Eve, jesus, paul & moses whose literal Historical existence outside of Story book bible Land is non-existent!.

There is evidence for Jesus outside of the bible.
None of it more than hearsay at best!

Next!
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 12:22:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/26/2012 10:17:03 PM, Composer wrote:
At 5/26/2012 7:58:04 AM, stubs wrote:
At 5/22/2012 1:04:18 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

Whatever happened in biblical Story book Land was dependent on the 100% human writers about their fictional characters like Adam, Eve, jesus, paul & moses whose literal Historical existence outside of Story book bible Land is non-existent!.

There is evidence for Jesus outside of the bible.
None of it more than hearsay at best!

Next!

BC - before Christ.
He is literally recorded in records.
He has been worshipped by billions.
He fulfilled all the old testament propheices.
This was verified in the new testament.
Overwhelming evidence would not give much room for faith which is required. You must have spiritual evidence not physical and that is just scientists can not rap their heads around.
TheAsylum
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 1:21:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/27/2012 12:22:10 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 5/26/2012 10:17:03 PM, Composer wrote:
At 5/26/2012 7:58:04 AM, stubs wrote:
At 5/22/2012 1:04:18 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

Whatever happened in biblical Story book Land was dependent on the 100% human writers about their fictional characters like Adam, Eve, jesus, paul & moses whose literal Historical existence outside of Story book bible Land is non-existent!.

There is evidence for Jesus outside of the bible.
None of it more than hearsay at best!

Next!

BC - before Christ.
He is literally recorded in records.
He has been worshipped by billions.
He fulfilled all the old testament propheices.
This was verified in the new testament.
Overwhelming evidence would not give much room for faith which is required. You must have spiritual evidence not physical and that is just scientists can not rap their heads around.
Hearsay like I correctly stated!

Supernatural claims requires Supernatural evidence -

IF you claim to have knowledge and proofs of the Supernatural - Paranormal activities, then there is a $million dollar reward waiting for collection you can donate to a charity of your choosing.

Written by JREF Staff
Thursday, 30 October 2008 12:10

The Foundation is committed to providing reliable information about paranormal claims. It both supports and conducts original research into such claims.

At JREF, we offer a one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event. The JREF does not involve itself in the testing procedure, other than helping to design the protocol and approving the conditions under which a test will take place. All tests are designed with the participation and approval of the applicant. In most cases, the applicant will be asked to perform a relatively simple preliminary test of the claim, which if successful, will be followed by the formal test. Preliminary tests are usually conducted by associates of the JREF at the site where the applicant lives. Upon success in the preliminary testing process, the "applicant" becomes a "claimant."

To date, no one has passed the preliminary tests.

(Composer's source: http://www.randi.org...)

Let us know asap how you went?, LOL!
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 8:40:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/27/2012 1:21:36 AM, Composer wrote:

Supernatural claims requires Supernatural evidence -


Is this the same as extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence?
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 10:21:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 5:39:38 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
This is not a debate only a discussion. This discussion is to provide theories and thoughts. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

My thoughts are as follows:
Garden of Eden was literal. Not in a physical sense. I believe that the kingdom of God is the earth but only spiritual. I believe that the garden was within God kingdom which Adam and Eve could access. So them being tempted by the tree of good and evil was not really a tempt.
example: If I invited you to my house and allowed you to use anything in my house but certain personel things and you did anyway. Did I tempt you? No. Same so, God allowed Adam and Eve in his kingdom and garden and told them what not to eat. They chose to eat of the tree.
This garden being on earth would be a reason why a Angel with a flaming sword must protect it. Not from us today but previous men that knew where it was and how to access it.

I believe it was literal. It was simply a place where it didn't require we farmed for it to produce food.

Otherwise, it's nearly indistinguishable from the Earth we haven't yet destroyed.
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 6:38:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/27/2012 10:21:44 AM, Ren wrote:
At 5/21/2012 5:39:38 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
This is not a debate only a discussion. This discussion is to provide theories and thoughts. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

My thoughts are as follows:
Garden of Eden was literal. Not in a physical sense. I believe that the kingdom of God is the earth but only spiritual. I believe that the garden was within God kingdom which Adam and Eve could access. So them being tempted by the tree of good and evil was not really a tempt.
example: If I invited you to my house and allowed you to use anything in my house but certain personel things and you did anyway. Did I tempt you? No. Same so, God allowed Adam and Eve in his kingdom and garden and told them what not to eat. They chose to eat of the tree.
This garden being on earth would be a reason why a Angel with a flaming sword must protect it. Not from us today but previous men that knew where it was and how to access it.

I believe it was literal. It was simply a place where it didn't require we farmed for it to produce food.

Otherwise, it's nearly indistinguishable from the Earth we haven't yet destroyed.

^I feel and believe close to the same lines.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 6:41:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/27/2012 1:21:36 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/27/2012 12:22:10 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 5/26/2012 10:17:03 PM, Composer wrote:
At 5/26/2012 7:58:04 AM, stubs wrote:
At 5/22/2012 1:04:18 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

Whatever happened in biblical Story book Land was dependent on the 100% human writers about their fictional characters like Adam, Eve, jesus, paul & moses whose literal Historical existence outside of Story book bible Land is non-existent!.

There is evidence for Jesus outside of the bible.
None of it more than hearsay at best!

Next!

BC - before Christ.
He is literally recorded in records.
He has been worshipped by billions.
He fulfilled all the old testament propheices.
This was verified in the new testament.
Overwhelming evidence would not give much room for faith which is required. You must have spiritual evidence not physical and that is just scientists can not rap their heads around.
Hearsay like I correctly stated!

Supernatural claims requires Supernatural evidence -

IF you claim to have knowledge and proofs of the Supernatural - Paranormal activities, then there is a $million dollar reward waiting for collection you can donate to a charity of your choosing.

Written by JREF Staff
Thursday, 30 October 2008 12:10

The Foundation is committed to providing reliable information about paranormal claims. It both supports and conducts original research into such claims.

At JREF, we offer a one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event. The JREF does not involve itself in the testing procedure, other than helping to design the protocol and approving the conditions under which a test will take place. All tests are designed with the participation and approval of the applicant. In most cases, the applicant will be asked to perform a relatively simple preliminary test of the claim, which if successful, will be followed by the formal test. Preliminary tests are usually conducted by associates of the JREF at the site where the applicant lives. Upon success in the preliminary testing process, the "applicant" becomes a "claimant."

To date, no one has passed the preliminary tests.

(Composer's source: http://www.randi.org...)

Let us know asap how you went?, LOL!

And supernatural enities or spiritual presences appear at a wim for you? Who controls such things? And even it can never ever be studied and reveiwed does that mean it is not real? NO
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 6:41:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/27/2012 1:21:36 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/27/2012 12:22:10 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 5/26/2012 10:17:03 PM, Composer wrote:
At 5/26/2012 7:58:04 AM, stubs wrote:
At 5/22/2012 1:04:18 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

Whatever happened in biblical Story book Land was dependent on the 100% human writers about their fictional characters like Adam, Eve, jesus, paul & moses whose literal Historical existence outside of Story book bible Land is non-existent!.

There is evidence for Jesus outside of the bible.
None of it more than hearsay at best!

Next!

BC - before Christ.
He is literally recorded in records.
He has been worshipped by billions.
He fulfilled all the old testament propheices.
This was verified in the new testament.
Overwhelming evidence would not give much room for faith which is required. You must have spiritual evidence not physical and that is just scientists can not rap their heads around.
Hearsay like I correctly stated!

Supernatural claims requires Supernatural evidence -

IF you claim to have knowledge and proofs of the Supernatural - Paranormal activities, then there is a $million dollar reward waiting for collection you can donate to a charity of your choosing.

Written by JREF Staff
Thursday, 30 October 2008 12:10

The Foundation is committed to providing reliable information about paranormal claims. It both supports and conducts original research into such claims.

At JREF, we offer a one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event. The JREF does not involve itself in the testing procedure, other than helping to design the protocol and approving the conditions under which a test will take place. All tests are designed with the participation and approval of the applicant. In most cases, the applicant will be asked to perform a relatively simple preliminary test of the claim, which if successful, will be followed by the formal test. Preliminary tests are usually conducted by associates of the JREF at the site where the applicant lives. Upon success in the preliminary testing process, the "applicant" becomes a "claimant."


And supernatural enities or spiritual presences appear at a wim for you? Who controls such things? And even it can never ever be studied and reveiwed does that mean it is not real? NO
TheAsylum