Jump to topic:

Was the Garden of Eden literal?

ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 5:39:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is not a debate only a discussion. This discussion is to provide theories and thoughts. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

My thoughts are as follows:
Garden of Eden was literal. Not in a physical sense. I believe that the kingdom of God is the earth but only spiritual. I believe that the garden was within God kingdom which Adam and Eve could access. So them being tempted by the tree of good and evil was not really a tempt.
example: If I invited you to my house and allowed you to use anything in my house but certain personel things and you did anyway. Did I tempt you? No. Same so, God allowed Adam and Eve in his kingdom and garden and told them what not to eat. They chose to eat of the tree.
This garden being on earth would be a reason why a Angel with a flaming sword must protect it. Not from us today but previous men that knew where it was and how to access it.
TheAsylum
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 6:53:36 AM
At 5/21/2012 5:39:38 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
This is not a debate only a discussion. This discussion is to provide theories and thoughts. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

Garden of Eden was literal. Not in a physical sense. I believe that the kingdom of God is the earth but only spiritual. I believe that the garden was within God kingdom which Adam and Eve could access. So them being tempted by the tree of good and evil was not really a tempt.
example: If I invited you to my house and allowed you to use anything in my house but certain personel things and you did anyway. Did I tempt you? No. Same so, God allowed Adam and Eve in his kingdom and garden and told them what not to eat. They chose to eat of the tree.
This garden being on earth would be a reason why a Angel with a flaming sword must protect it. Not from us today but previous men that knew where it was and how to access it.

There are all kinds of theories about the Garden of Eden. I heard one that said it was at the bottom of the Persian Gulf.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM

It was both physical AND spiritual, just as Adam was both.. so a real tree with real fruit that was ALSO a spiritual decision.

Adam chose his flesh (Eve) over Gods command (as we all do everyday) but was STILL in the garden after having eaten, why? because God gave him a chance to 'come clean' which would have restored them both..

This is why repentance (daily, continually) is SO important for the believer.

John 13:8
"No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet." Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."
The Cross.. the Cross.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 3:00:42 PM
At 5/21/2012 9:37:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

It was both physical AND spiritual, just as Adam was both.. so a real tree with real fruit that was ALSO a spiritual decision.

Adam chose his flesh (Eve) over Gods command (as we all do everyday) but was STILL in the garden after having eaten, why? because God gave him a chance to 'come clean' which would have restored them both..

This is why repentance (daily, continually) is SO important for the believer.

John 13:8
"No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet." Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."

Thanks!
TheAsylum
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 5:24:51 AM

ALL religious Story books including the bible are 100% man concocted!

The legitimate evidence ANY acclaimed ' holy-text ' is the words of ANY Supernatural god(s) given to men remains a constant zero!

Whatever happened in biblical Story book Land was dependent on the 100% human writers about their fictional characters like Adam, Eve, jesus, paul & moses whose literal Historical existence outside of Story book bible Land is non-existent!.

Adam chose his flesh (Eve)
Story book Adam was NOT deceived by any Genesis-Edenic Serpent nor Story book Eve - (See: 1 Tim. 2:14) KJV Story book

DATCMOTO's ideology is founded upon a 100% human concocted Story book and DATCMOTO's Story book analysis is also spurious from the onset!
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 9:53:01 AM
At 5/22/2012 5:24:51 AM, Composer wrote:

The legitimate evidence ANY acclaimed ' holy-text ' is the words of ANY Supernatural god(s) given to men remains a constant zero!

Whatever happened in biblical Story book Land was dependent on the 100% human writers about their fictional characters like Adam, Eve, jesus, paul & moses whose literal Historical existence outside of Story book bible Land is non-existent!.

Story book Adam was NOT deceived by any Genesis-Edenic Serpent nor Story book Eve - (See: 1 Tim. 2:14) KJV Story book

DATCMOTO's ideology is founded upon a 100% human concocted Story book and DATCMOTO's Story book analysis is also spurious from the onset!

Eve WAS deceived:

1 Timothy 2:14
And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 9:56:30 AM

http://www.debate.org...
The Cross.. the Cross.
Nosaj5q
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 10:00:50 AM

i agree with u but don't be such a dink this is why theists hate us.
Slimy yet satisfying"
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 10:07:51 AM
At 5/22/2012 10:00:50 AM, Nosaj5q wrote:

i agree with u but don't be such a dink this is why theists hate us.

On the contrary:

Matthew 5:43-44
"You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.' But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you

Because:

Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 10:16:39 AM
"our struggle is against the rulers ...and authorities"

"Everyone must submit to governing authorities, for those in positions of authority have been placed there by God."
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 10:26:26 AM
At 5/22/2012 10:16:39 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

"Everyone must submit to governing authorities, for those in positions of authority have been placed there by God."

My scripture refers to spiritual rulers, yours to earthly.
The Cross.. the Cross.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 1:04:18 PM

The same can be said of you and whoever you use as information. Just because it is believed and said does not make it. Prove your claims:

I think many claim to have exsperienced the Holy Ghost. The mountable evidence found that is within the Bible thousands of years ago. What evidence are you refering? Evidence unfound does not prove no evidence or the avent did not occur.

Though no evidence is not proof of non existance. Again Proof the Bible should be considered false?
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 1:04:50 PM
At 5/22/2012 10:26:26 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

^ Said splendidly.
TheAsylum
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 9:45:22 PM

Proving you do and must obey your naughty Spiritual Ruler Satan after all, for it is a Spiritual Power ' placed there by your god ' (apparently?) LOL!

You are a self-admitted ' agent of your Satan! (LOL!) '.
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 8:49:28 AM
At 5/22/2012 9:45:22 PM, Composer wrote:

Proving you do and must obey your naughty Spiritual Ruler Satan after all, for it is a Spiritual Power ' placed there by your god ' (apparently?) LOL!

You are a self-admitted ' agent of your Satan! (LOL!) '.

http://www.tannerlectures.utah.edu...

I found this to be very good research on Satan
Me
cbrhawk1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 10:01:03 AM
I'm not a big fan of the Garden of Eden story. There are so may questions that you can't do anything but speculate.

My interpretation is that God showed himself to an animal which was nearly all human. Through the revelation of truth, this man God showed himself to developed knowledge to control his environment and mold it to his liking.

Whatever happened after that, that's how I think we were able to build large civilizations and such, using that knoledge. Unfortunately, we got the good and the bad knowledge (like eating the apple).

As far as the physical details and even what I presented, there's just nothing we can get from it at all except for that God created the Heavens and the Earth.
"All science is 'wrong.'" ~ drafterman
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 10:27:09 AM
Im doing alot of study. Ever here of the hollow earth? The most reasonable location for the Garden of Eden is the south pole not the middle east.
Do you know that Icebergs are freash water though they sit in salt water.
The temptature is tropical at north and south poles.
If you look at pictures from space at any of our planets and moon there is a cavity in the north and south poles.
The hollow earth is not a ridicolous claim.
TheAsylum
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 4:37:37 AM
At 5/22/2012 1:04:50 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

^ Said splendidly.

Thank you Sir.
The Cross.. the Cross.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 7:20:52 AM

If God was so nice, why wouldn't he share his apples?Does God even need the apples for himself? Does God eat apples? Surely he could of shared a few apples at least.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 7:58:04 AM
At 5/22/2012 1:04:18 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

There is evidence for Jesus outside of the bible.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 10:19:13 AM
At 5/26/2012 7:20:52 AM, twocupcakes wrote:

If God was so nice, why wouldn't he share his apples?Does God even need the apples for himself? Does God eat apples? Surely he could of shared a few apples at least.

God let them eat anything, but said they cannot eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. He shared nearly everything with them.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 10:08:31 PM
At 5/26/2012 7:58:04 AM, stubs wrote:

I did not write this???????
TheAsylum
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 10:17:03 PM

None of it more than hearsay at best!

Next!
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 12:22:10 AM
At 5/26/2012 10:17:03 PM, Composer wrote:

Next!

BC - before Christ.
He is literally recorded in records.
He has been worshipped by billions.
He fulfilled all the old testament propheices.
This was verified in the new testament.
Overwhelming evidence would not give much room for faith which is required. You must have spiritual evidence not physical and that is just scientists can not rap their heads around.
TheAsylum
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 1:21:36 AM
At 5/27/2012 12:22:10 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

Next!

BC - before Christ.
Overwhelming evidence would not give much room for faith which is required. You must have spiritual evidence not physical and that is just scientists can not rap their heads around.
Hearsay like I correctly stated!

Supernatural claims requires Supernatural evidence -

IF you claim to have knowledge and proofs of the Supernatural - Paranormal activities, then there is a $million dollar reward waiting for collection you can donate to a charity of your choosing.

Written by JREF Staff
Thursday, 30 October 2008 12:10

The Foundation is committed to providing reliable information about paranormal claims. It both supports and conducts original research into such claims.

At JREF, we offer a one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event. The JREF does not involve itself in the testing procedure, other than helping to design the protocol and approving the conditions under which a test will take place. All tests are designed with the participation and approval of the applicant. In most cases, the applicant will be asked to perform a relatively simple preliminary test of the claim, which if successful, will be followed by the formal test. Preliminary tests are usually conducted by associates of the JREF at the site where the applicant lives. Upon success in the preliminary testing process, the "applicant" becomes a "claimant."

To date, no one has passed the preliminary tests.

(Composer's source: http://www.randi.org...)

Let us know asap how you went?, LOL!
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 8:40:07 AM
At 5/27/2012 1:21:36 AM, Composer wrote:

Is this the same as extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence?
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 10:21:44 AM

I believe it was literal. It was simply a place where it didn't require we farmed for it to produce food.

Otherwise, it's nearly indistinguishable from the Earth we haven't yet destroyed.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 6:38:49 PM
At 5/27/2012 10:21:44 AM, Ren wrote:

I believe it was literal. It was simply a place where it didn't require we farmed for it to produce food.

Otherwise, it's nearly indistinguishable from the Earth we haven't yet destroyed.

^I feel and believe close to the same lines.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 6:41:18 PM

Next!

BC - before Christ.

IF you claim to have knowledge and proofs of the Supernatural - Paranormal activities, then there is a $million dollar reward waiting for collection you can donate to a charity of your choosing.

Written by JREF Staff

The Foundation is committed to providing reliable information about paranormal claims. It both supports and conducts original research into such claims.

At JREF, we offer a one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event. The JREF does not involve itself in the testing procedure, other than helping to design the protocol and approving the conditions under which a test will take place. All tests are designed with the participation and approval of the applicant. In most cases, the applicant will be asked to perform a relatively simple preliminary test of the claim, which if successful, will be followed by the formal test. Preliminary tests are usually conducted by associates of the JREF at the site where the applicant lives. Upon success in the preliminary testing process, the "applicant" becomes a "claimant."

To date, no one has passed the preliminary tests.

(Composer's source: http://www.randi.org...)

Let us know asap how you went?, LOL!

And supernatural enities or spiritual presences appear at a wim for you? Who controls such things? And even it can never ever be studied and reveiwed does that mean it is not real? NO
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 6:41:43 PM

Next!

BC - before Christ.

Written by JREF Staff

And supernatural enities or spiritual presences appear at a wim for you? Who controls such things? And even it can never ever be studied and reveiwed does that mean it is not real? NO
TheAsylum