Total Posts:93|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Natural Family Planning

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 11:24:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hate the sin, not the sinner.

Being a homosexual isn't immoral, but carrying on homosexual acts is sinful because it is a sexual act that cannot bear children. However Christians actively endorse "Natural Family Planning" which is a method of contraception focused around having sex on the days of the month that the woman is likely to be infertile. I've also heard that "pulling out" is acceptable.

Now we all know that Christians enjoy BJs (no kids!) and sometimes anal sex (no kids!) as well as the fact that the vast majority of Christians use birth control (hopefully no kids, hypocrites!). But how do they justify these "natural" methods of birth control when the goal is so obviously to have sex without getting pregnant? Doesn't that prove there are other reasons for wanting intercourse other than child bearing? So what's the problem with homosexual acts?
President of DDO
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 11:47:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 11:24:41 AM, Danielle wrote:
Hate the sin, not the sinner.

Being a homosexual isn't immoral, but carrying on homosexual acts is sinful because it is a sexual act that cannot bear children.

The premise is flawed.

The orthodox response is that homosexual acts are sinful because they subvert the natural order ordained by God in the beginning; that of male and female. Reproduction is a purpose for this order, but not the be-all and end-all. It's obvious that choosing a mate simply for the purpose of reproducing with them yields a very shallow relationship. (See: One Night Stand)

The hypocrisy lies in that those who are loudest in condemning homosexuality are often those who engage in extramarital sex and pornography; acts equally wrong according to scripture.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 11:49:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 11:47:15 AM, Chrysippus wrote:
The hypocrisy lies in that those who are loudest in condemning homosexuality are often those who engage in extramarital sex and pornography; acts equally wrong according to scripture.
Indeed. About 97% of Americans fornicate, and the vast majority are Christians. They also adulterate and abort their children. But that in itself is ad hominem tu quoque, so it's not a useful argument.
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 12:01:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 11:49:27 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 5/23/2012 11:47:15 AM, Chrysippus wrote:
The hypocrisy lies in that those who are loudest in condemning homosexuality are often those who engage in extramarital sex and pornography; acts equally wrong according to scripture.
Indeed. About 97% of Americans fornicate, and the vast majority are Christians. They also adulterate and abort their children. But that in itself is ad hominem tu quoque, so it's not a useful argument.

Yes, but the point is that MY ad homniem is better than yours, because you. :P
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 2:40:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 11:47:15 AM, Chrysippus wrote:
The hypocrisy lies in that those who are loudest in condemning homosexuality are often those who engage in extramarital sex and pornography; acts equally wrong according to scripture.

But even if psychology and the law prove that these things can be helpful (i.e., it's been demonstrated that pornography can inhibit rape), would theists ever acknowledge that they're wrong on this issue? Not only are they wrong, but their interpretation of scripture might be wrong as several apologetics have made a good case as for why Jesus was probably not and would not be against homosexuality. Also, the fact that so many people blatantly ignore other things prohibited by scripture (such as masturbation and extramarital sex, as you've mentioned) then they should probably recognize that like selling women into sexual slavery or stoning people for their crimes, many things are simply outdated and rightfully so.

People justify certain social institutions of ancient books (like marrying children) as just being "the norm at the time." Why can't they apply that rationale of social norms changing according to the context of cultural environments to the fact that homosexuality is not actually a threat today? Not to homosexuals, not to heterosexuals, not to the fabric society nor the perpetuation of civilization as a whole. It's a non-issue.
President of DDO
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 2:58:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Um.....I don't think thats the reason for Homosexual Sex to be bad.....if that were the case, it would be a sin for infertile people to have sex, which it is not.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 3:10:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 11:24:41 AM, Danielle wrote:
Hate the sin, not the sinner.

Being a homosexual isn't immoral, but carrying on homosexual acts is sinful because it is a sexual act that cannot bear children. However Christians actively endorse "Natural Family Planning" which is a method of contraception focused around having sex on the days of the month that the woman is likely to be infertile. I've also heard that "pulling out" is acceptable.

Now we all know that Christians enjoy BJs (no kids!) and sometimes anal sex (no kids!) as well as the fact that the vast majority of Christians use birth control (hopefully no kids, hypocrites!). But how do they justify these "natural" methods of birth control when the goal is so obviously to have sex without getting pregnant? Doesn't that prove there are other reasons for wanting intercourse other than child bearing? So what's the problem with homosexual acts?

True! Hate the sin not the sinner!
Excuses for sexual acts is abundant and none are righteous. A man and woman suppose to be together that point is quite simple. A man and woman are suppose to be married and have children to reproduce. Sex is not solely for reproducing in a marriage. Physical pleasure is meant for a man and woman in a bond of marriage. It is enjoying. Why many have sex regardless of guilt. Homosexual acts are a abomination. That clear throughout the Bible if passages are needed ill supply. This is not a question. No prophet, apostle, Nor Jesus Christ approved of homosexuality. Though also in the new testament after Jesus, physical punishment was abolished. Forgiveness was granted. No man can cast a stone at another man or woman. But that said it gives not rights or privilage to be homosexual.
TheAsylum
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 3:20:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 2:58:15 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Um.....I don't think thats the reason for Homosexual Sex to be bad.....if that were the case, it would be a sin for infertile people to have sex, which it is not.

That's part of her point. The general reasoning against homosexual sex doesn't stand up to reason. Daniel Tosh actually explains why the Bible has so many bad things to say about us queerosexuals. We're smart that's why, of course can't say much about the lesbians (sorry Danielle).
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 3:21:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 3:20:28 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/23/2012 2:58:15 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Um.....I don't think thats the reason for Homosexual Sex to be bad.....if that were the case, it would be a sin for infertile people to have sex, which it is not.

That's part of her point. The general reasoning against homosexual sex doesn't stand up to reason. Daniel Tosh actually explains why the Bible has so many bad things to say about us queerosexuals. We're smart that's why, of course can't say much about the lesbians (sorry Danielle).


But, thats not the reason!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 3:24:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 3:10:56 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

True! Hate the sin not the sinner!
Excuses for sexual acts is abundant and none are righteous. A man and woman suppose to be together that point is quite simple. A man and woman are suppose to be married and have children to reproduce. Sex is not solely for reproducing in a marriage. Physical pleasure is meant for a man and woman in a bond of marriage. It is enjoying. Why many have sex regardless of guilt. Homosexual acts are a abomination. That clear throughout the Bible if passages are needed ill supply. This is not a question. No prophet, apostle, Nor Jesus Christ approved of homosexuality. Though also in the new testament after Jesus, physical punishment was abolished. Forgiveness was granted. No man can cast a stone at another man or woman. But that said it gives not rights or privilage to be homosexual.

Some people don't find that pleasurable though. I mean sex is fine, just not the hetero stuff. Unless you're going to argue that homosexuality can be "cured" (I'm sick and need a good laugh actually so go right ahead), all you're doing is telling one segment of the population they either have to have sex in an unpleasurable way or remain celibate their whole lives and trust me no one's going to go for that.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 3:25:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 3:21:57 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 5/23/2012 3:20:28 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/23/2012 2:58:15 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Um.....I don't think thats the reason for Homosexual Sex to be bad.....if that were the case, it would be a sin for infertile people to have sex, which it is not.

That's part of her point. The general reasoning against homosexual sex doesn't stand up to reason. Daniel Tosh actually explains why the Bible has so many bad things to say about us queerosexuals. We're smart that's why, of course can't say much about the lesbians (sorry Danielle).


But, thats not the reason!

Hey man none of us were there. Who are you to say what happened.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 3:33:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 3:20:28 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/23/2012 2:58:15 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Um.....I don't think thats the reason for Homosexual Sex to be bad.....if that were the case, it would be a sin for infertile people to have sex, which it is not.

That's part of her point. The general reasoning against homosexual sex doesn't stand up to reason. Daniel Tosh actually explains why the Bible has so many bad things to say about us queerosexuals. We're smart that's why, of course can't say much about the lesbians (sorry Danielle).


The general reasoning against homosexual sex doesn't stand up to reason.
It does not stand up to reasoning huh? ok:
If we all were homosexual would we reproduce?
Is homosexuality right if it causes the species to die off from no reproducing?
Is a want or desire by someone mean it is right?
Isn't homosexual acts perverse from nature?
Do you not have to penetrate a un-natural orfious?
A woman has cavity to be penetrated. Though another woman can not do this in a natural way. Another woman does not contain a natural penetrating reason to be with another woman.
TheAsylum
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 3:33:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 3:25:04 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/23/2012 3:21:57 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 5/23/2012 3:20:28 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/23/2012 2:58:15 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Um.....I don't think thats the reason for Homosexual Sex to be bad.....if that were the case, it would be a sin for infertile people to have sex, which it is not.

That's part of her point. The general reasoning against homosexual sex doesn't stand up to reason. Daniel Tosh actually explains why the Bible has so many bad things to say about us queerosexuals. We're smart that's why, of course can't say much about the lesbians (sorry Danielle).


But, thats not the reason!

Hey man none of us were there. Who are you to say what happened.

Goes both ways much?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 3:39:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 3:33:30 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 5/23/2012 3:20:28 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/23/2012 2:58:15 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Um.....I don't think thats the reason for Homosexual Sex to be bad.....if that were the case, it would be a sin for infertile people to have sex, which it is not.

That's part of her point. The general reasoning against homosexual sex doesn't stand up to reason. Daniel Tosh actually explains why the Bible has so many bad things to say about us queerosexuals. We're smart that's why, of course can't say much about the lesbians (sorry Danielle).


The general reasoning against homosexual sex doesn't stand up to reason.
It does not stand up to reasoning huh? ok:
If we all were homosexual would we reproduce?

Saying homosexuality isn't immoral =/= saying everyone MUST be homosexual. Plus ever heard of in vitro fertilization or surrogacy?

Is homosexuality right if it causes the species to die off from no reproducing?

Refer to above.

Is a want or desire by someone mean it is right?

Not saying it's right (I don't think there is a right when sex is involved), it's simply not immoral. Homosexual sex does not entail violating the rights of others brah.

Isn't homosexual acts perverse from nature?

Not really. It's actually quite fun.

Do you not have to penetrate a un-natural orfious?

We didn't create the anus, so it's perfectly natural. Look behind you, you're born with one. Plus it's my prerogative if I want to do that, I'm not making you do the same am I?

A woman has cavity to be penetrated. Though another woman can not do this in a natural way. Another woman does not contain a natural penetrating reason to be with another woman.

Relevance?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 3:40:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 3:33:39 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 5/23/2012 3:25:04 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/23/2012 3:21:57 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 5/23/2012 3:20:28 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/23/2012 2:58:15 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Um.....I don't think thats the reason for Homosexual Sex to be bad.....if that were the case, it would be a sin for infertile people to have sex, which it is not.

That's part of her point. The general reasoning against homosexual sex doesn't stand up to reason. Daniel Tosh actually explains why the Bible has so many bad things to say about us queerosexuals. We're smart that's why, of course can't say much about the lesbians (sorry Danielle).


But, thats not the reason!

Hey man none of us were there. Who are you to say what happened.

Goes both ways much?

I'm not bi brah.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 3:42:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 3:35:47 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
You are falling prey to the naturalistic fallacy, Scotty. Plus, are you only going to have sex to reproduce?

I am falling prey, huh? Laughable.
Is it natural for men and women? Or women and women? Or men and men?
This is not fallacy. This is straight out facts that do not want to be accepted. Homosexuals want to be accepted and feel like it is ok. It is not and never will be by any law passed by man. Should a homosexual be mistreated because thier preference. Absolutely not, no one should. Even if you should just accept that people are going to defile themselves does not provide reasons that natural law should not invoked. Were is the moral and virtue in homosexuality? How is it right and natural? answer please!
TheAsylum
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 3:44:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 3:42:53 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 5/23/2012 3:35:47 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
You are falling prey to the naturalistic fallacy, Scotty. Plus, are you only going to have sex to reproduce?

I am falling prey, huh? Laughable.
Is it natural for men and women? Or women and women? Or men and men?
This is not fallacy.
There is no link between nature and morality. You need to prove that all natural things are immoral before you can assert that homosexual acts are immoral because they are unnatural. If I provide a single counterexample, you lose.

I'll wait for your justification first.
This is straight out facts that do not want to be accepted. Homosexuals want to be accepted and feel like it is ok. It is not and never will be by any law passed by man. Should a homosexual be mistreated because thier preference. Absolutely not, no one should. Even if you should just accept that people are going to defile themselves does not provide reasons that natural law should not invoked. Were is the moral and virtue in homosexuality? How is it right and natural? answer please!
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 3:49:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 3:39:11 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/23/2012 3:33:30 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 5/23/2012 3:20:28 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/23/2012 2:58:15 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Um.....I don't think thats the reason for Homosexual Sex to be bad.....if that were the case, it would be a sin for infertile people to have sex, which it is not.

That's part of her point. The general reasoning against homosexual sex doesn't stand up to reason. Daniel Tosh actually explains why the Bible has so many bad things to say about us queerosexuals. We're smart that's why, of course can't say much about the lesbians (sorry Danielle).


The general reasoning against homosexual sex doesn't stand up to reason.
It does not stand up to reasoning huh? ok:
If we all were homosexual would we reproduce?

Saying homosexuality isn't immoral =/= saying everyone MUST be homosexual. Plus ever heard of in vitro fertilization or surrogacy?

Is homosexuality right if it causes the species to die off from no reproducing?

Refer to above.

Is a want or desire by someone mean it is right?

Not saying it's right (I don't think there is a right when sex is involved), it's simply not immoral. Homosexual sex does not entail violating the rights of others brah.

Isn't homosexual acts perverse from nature?

Not really. It's actually quite fun.

Do you not have to penetrate a un-natural orfious?

We didn't create the anus, so it's perfectly natural. Look behind you, you're born with one. Plus it's my prerogative if I want to do that, I'm not making you do the same am I?

A woman has cavity to be penetrated. Though another woman can not do this in a natural way. Another woman does not contain a natural penetrating reason to be with another woman.

Relevance?

Saying homosexuality isn't immoral =/= saying everyone MUST be homosexual. Plus ever heard of in vitro fertilization or surrogacy?
Not natural!!!

Is homosexuality right if it causes the species to die off from no reproducing?

Not saying it's right (I don't think there is a right when sex is involved), it's simply not immoral. Homosexual sex does not entail violating the rights of others brah.
Raping others do not entail violation??? There is a right way. No sex. Or marriage between a man and woman. This is the only right ways.

Isn't homosexual acts perverse from nature?

Not really. It's actually quite fun.
You actually prove how perverse homosexuality is. You claim it is funn to insert yourself in a place that despinses waste?

A woman has cavity to be penetrated. Though another woman can not do this in a natural way. Another woman does not contain a natural penetrating reason to be with another woman.

Relevance?
Relevance is they have no natural formed body part to penitrate another woman.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 3:51:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 3:44:24 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 5/23/2012 3:42:53 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 5/23/2012 3:35:47 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
You are falling prey to the naturalistic fallacy, Scotty. Plus, are you only going to have sex to reproduce?

I am falling prey, huh? Laughable.
Is it natural for men and women? Or women and women? Or men and men?
This is not fallacy.
There is no link between nature and morality. You need to prove that all natural things are immoral before you can assert that homosexual acts are immoral because they are unnatural. If I provide a single counterexample, you lose.

I'll wait for your justification first.
This is straight out facts that do not want to be accepted. Homosexuals want to be accepted and feel like it is ok. It is not and never will be by any law passed by man. Should a homosexual be mistreated because thier preference. Absolutely not, no one should. Even if you should just accept that people are going to defile themselves does not provide reasons that natural law should not invoked. Were is the moral and virtue in homosexuality? How is it right and natural? answer please!

First off how can you provide morality to one who does not understand morality.
TheAsylum
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 4:11:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 11:24:41 AM, Danielle wrote:
Hate the sin, not the sinner.

Being a homosexual isn't immoral, but carrying on homosexual acts is sinful because it is a sexual act that cannot bear children. However Christians actively endorse "Natural Family Planning" which is a method of contraception focused around having sex on the days of the month that the woman is likely to be infertile.
Yes, that is correct.

I've also heard that "pulling out" is acceptable.
That is INCORRECT.

Now we all know that Christians enjoy BJs (no kids!)...
That is not permissible.

...and sometimes anal sex (no kids!)
That is also not permissible.

...as well as the fact that the vast majority of Christians use birth control (hopefully no kids, hypocrites!).
That is also not permissible.

But how do they justify these "natural" methods of birth control when the goal is so obviously to have sex without getting pregnant?
With the exception of the Rhythm Method, these are not "natural" methods. The goal is supposed to be an expression of love between a married man and a woman that has the potential to lead to life.

Doesn't that prove there are other reasons for wanting intercourse other than child bearing?
No: it proves that not all people follow all Christian teachings.

So what's the problem with homosexual acts?
It is immoral and aberrant behavior and cannot produce life.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 4:27:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 11:24:41 AM, Danielle wrote:
Hate the sin, not the sinner.

Being a homosexual isn't immoral, but carrying on homosexual acts is sinful because it is a sexual act that cannot bear children. However Christians actively endorse "Natural Family Planning" which is a method of contraception focused around having sex on the days of the month that the woman is likely to be infertile. I've also heard that "pulling out" is acceptable.

Now we all know that Christians enjoy BJs (no kids!) and sometimes anal sex (no kids!) as well as the fact that the vast majority of Christians use birth control (hopefully no kids, hypocrites!). But how do they justify these "natural" methods of birth control when the goal is so obviously to have sex without getting pregnant? Doesn't that prove there are other reasons for wanting intercourse other than child bearing? So what's the problem with homosexual acts?

I would imagine most christians do some of those things... for reasons of birth control or Otherwise...

but I would also think many christians, and almost all christian establishments, would view those acts as sinful.

Lust is a sin... that is Sex for Pleasure...

if you have sex to make babies... Good.
If you have sex simply for pleasure.. bad.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 4:28:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 4:27:42 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 5/23/2012 11:24:41 AM, Danielle wrote:
Hate the sin, not the sinner.

Being a homosexual isn't immoral, but carrying on homosexual acts is sinful because it is a sexual act that cannot bear children. However Christians actively endorse "Natural Family Planning" which is a method of contraception focused around having sex on the days of the month that the woman is likely to be infertile. I've also heard that "pulling out" is acceptable.

Now we all know that Christians enjoy BJs (no kids!) and sometimes anal sex (no kids!) as well as the fact that the vast majority of Christians use birth control (hopefully no kids, hypocrites!). But how do they justify these "natural" methods of birth control when the goal is so obviously to have sex without getting pregnant? Doesn't that prove there are other reasons for wanting intercourse other than child bearing? So what's the problem with homosexual acts?

I would imagine most christians do some of those things... for reasons of birth control or Otherwise...

but I would also think many christians, and almost all christian establishments, would view those acts as sinful.

Lust is a sin... that is Sex for Pleasure...

if you have sex to make babies... Good.
If you have sex simply for pleasure.. bad.

also... you're ruining Potential Life!

Killing souls.. I guess :/
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 4:32:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 4:27:42 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 5/23/2012 11:24:41 AM, Danielle wrote:
Hate the sin, not the sinner.

Being a homosexual isn't immoral, but carrying on homosexual acts is sinful because it is a sexual act that cannot bear children. However Christians actively endorse "Natural Family Planning" which is a method of contraception focused around having sex on the days of the month that the woman is likely to be infertile. I've also heard that "pulling out" is acceptable.

Now we all know that Christians enjoy BJs (no kids!) and sometimes anal sex (no kids!) as well as the fact that the vast majority of Christians use birth control (hopefully no kids, hypocrites!). But how do they justify these "natural" methods of birth control when the goal is so obviously to have sex without getting pregnant? Doesn't that prove there are other reasons for wanting intercourse other than child bearing? So what's the problem with homosexual acts?

I would imagine most christians do some of those things... for reasons of birth control or Otherwise...

but I would also think many christians, and almost all christian establishments, would view those acts as sinful.

Lust is a sin... that is Sex for Pleasure...

if you have sex to make babies... Good.
If you have sex simply for pleasure.. bad.

I agree with what you said mostly.
Though sex is enjoying if a man and woman married are not suppose to enjoy themselves with each other? It is called making love? Love between two people married. So can a christian couple married have sex for pleasure for thier love and it not be a sin?
TheAsylum
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 4:34:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 3:42:53 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Were is the moral and virtue in homosexuality? How is it right and natural? answer please!

Well... I enjoy sailing.. therefore, I go sailing.

It's quite nice.. And, given that I enjoy it.. Doing it comes naturally.
And doing it, given how it makes me happy, is Good :)

I'm sure you can see how gay people feel similarly about gay sex.. and how, given what they care about, it's a Good to them.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 4:44:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 4:32:00 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
I agree with what you said mostly.
Though sex is enjoying if a man and woman married are not suppose to enjoy themselves with each other? It is called making love? Love between two people married. So can a christian couple married have sex for pleasure for thier love and it not be a sin?

I love lots of people... But I would only wish to have sex with someone who I was attracted to and would enjoy doing such things with...

It's great if with someone who you have a loving relationship with you also have a mutual attraction with.. and whom you'd both enjoy Fcking 8)

But... God doesn't Fck...

Your, and your partner's mutual want for Fcking is OF THIS EARTH.. due to that inferior physical form you wear ;)

It's understandable to feel the pull of that Earthly form.. and God understands if you fail...

But Only if you understand, repent, and Accept and wish to pursue Godly goals.

God loves all.. and Fcks not!

But god said beget.. so you should..
But strive to not "do it" otherwise!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 4:46:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
also..

"making love" is a euphemism..
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 5:29:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 3:49:08 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

Raping others do not entail violation??? There is a right way. No sex. Or marriage between a man and woman. This is the only right ways.

If I have sex with another guy and it's consensual between both parties, who's getting raped again?

You actually prove how perverse homosexuality is. You claim it is funn to insert yourself in a place that despinses waste?

You don't think sex is fun?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.