Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Bible or Quran?

drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 1:19:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Bible is more widely available where I'm at, so there is the issue of accessibility. Also, while I've never held a Quran in my hands, there is something about the softness of the pages that just feels rather nice when I'm done my business.

Now, I'm not sure how the Quran compares to the Bible in terms of size, which can vary based on font size, but that could be a potential factor since it would detemermine how often I have to "resupply."

Oh...

I'm sorry. What was the question?
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 1:23:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 1:19:46 PM, drafterman wrote:
The Bible is more widely available where I'm at, so there is the issue of accessibility. Also, while I've never held a Quran in my hands, there is something about the softness of the pages that just feels rather nice when I'm done my business.

Now, I'm not sure how the Quran compares to the Bible in terms of size, which can vary based on font size, but that could be a potential factor since it would detemermine how often I have to "resupply."

Oh...

I'm sorry. What was the question?

Wait, was this supposed to be funny or...?
K.GKevinGeary
Posts: 32
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 1:29:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1 is the quran 2 is the bible 3 bible 4 quran 5 quaran 6 quaran 7 bible 8 bible 9 bible 10 bible 11 quran 12 bible 13 quran 14 bible 15 bible. That being if you get the same questions that i saw. I read both books.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 2:00:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's really difficult, as both books are riddled with endless celebrations of human cruelty. If you have read the specific verses, then it is somewhat easier.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 3:18:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 2:00:59 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
It's really difficult, as both books are riddled with endless celebrations of human cruelty. If you have read the specific verses, then it is somewhat easier.

riddled with endless celebrations of human cruelty.
Where is cruelty celebrated in the Bible? Who celebrated it? Did God say it was good to be cruel? The Bible is a history book and through history we see man killing man. This is our problems and not Gods!
TheAsylum
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 3:59:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 3:18:15 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Where is cruelty celebrated in the Bible? Who celebrated it? Did God say it was good to be cruel? The Bible is a history book and through history we see man killing man. This is our problems and not Gods!

The Bible is NOT a history book. The Bible & Quran not withstanding, humans have been MORE than capable of killing other humans. Combine all "religious" atrocities together and they don't even come close to the non-religious ones.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 4:05:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 3:59:31 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 5/23/2012 3:18:15 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Where is cruelty celebrated in the Bible? Who celebrated it? Did God say it was good to be cruel? The Bible is a history book and through history we see man killing man. This is our problems and not Gods!

The Bible is NOT a history book. The Bible & Quran not withstanding, humans have been MORE than capable of killing other humans. Combine all "religious" atrocities together and they don't even come close to the non-religious ones.

Wrong. Horrors done in the name of skepticism are practically nil. Horrors done in the name of atheism are only in the 20th century due to the fundamentalism of the Social Experiment. Even then, though, the number of horrors by theists far outweighs the number of horrors done by atheists. The only solace anyone can have is the numbers, which any historian will tell you is pointless: if in the crusades Pope Pius could have killed a hundred trillion muslims, he would have done so gladly. The only real difference regarding numbers was availability.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 4:08:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 3:59:31 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 5/23/2012 3:18:15 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Where is cruelty celebrated in the Bible? Who celebrated it? Did God say it was good to be cruel? The Bible is a history book and through history we see man killing man. This is our problems and not Gods!

The Bible is NOT a history book. The Bible & Quran not withstanding, humans have been MORE than capable of killing other humans. Combine all "religious" atrocities together and they don't even come close to the non-religious ones.

The Bible is NOT a history book.
So the Bible does not provide history that far exceeds any others recordings?
TheAsylum
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 4:24:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Wrong.
No, I am 100% right. Simply look at the last 200 wars and if you can't even find 5 that are religious wars, that would be a lot.

Horrors done in the name of skepticism are practically nil.
Don't know what "in the name of skepticism" even means. Also, I did not make the claim that "skepticism has more atrocities than religion." Not to mention the fact that skepticism and theism are not mutually exclusive.

Horrors done in the name of atheism are only in the 20th century due to the fundamentalism of the Social Experiment.
Atheism isn't a 20th century invention.

Even then, though, the number of horrors by theists far outweighs the number of horrors done by atheists.
Sheer nonsense.

The only solace anyone can have is the numbers, which any historian will tell you is pointless: if in the crusades Pope Pius could have killed a hundred trillion muslims, he would have done so gladly. The only real difference regarding numbers was availability.
Brilliant non sequitur!

The fact is that man has been killing man since the beginning. More people have been killed in the name of power, politics, greed, etc than religion could ever dream of.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 10:55:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/23/2012 4:24:47 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:

The fact is that man has been killing man since the beginning. More people have been killed in the name of power, politics, greed, etc than religion could ever dream of.

Agreed, the state and religion are the main evils of humanity, but the state is far more efficient at systematically slaughtering human beings.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.