Jump to topic:

Natural Family Planning- Sinful

Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 4:00:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Not sure if I'm going to be able to find participants on this one. Hopefully, I will.

This is a spinoff of Danielle's recent topic. I posit that in accordance with the Catholic faith: Any act of family planning, natural or otherwise, between a married man and woman, is sinful. This includes barrier methods, rhythm methods, etc.

In fact, it logically follows that *all* acts of sex between a husband and wife should be avoided unless there is a clear and concise possibility for reproduction. This limits the following:

1. Acts of sex during the refractory period after childbirth
2. Acts of sex during pregnancy
3. Acts of sex during any period in time except for the week leading up to ovulation
4. Acts of sex during and after menopause
5. Acts of sex should either the husband or wife have infertility, regardless of cause.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 4:01:31 PM
Appealing to Natural Law or DCT?
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 4:04:21 PM
At 5/23/2012 4:00:02 PM, Kleptin wrote:
Not sure if I'm going to be able to find participants on this one. Hopefully, I will.

This is a spinoff of Danielle's recent topic. I posit that in accordance with the Catholic faith: Any act of family planning, natural or otherwise, between a married man and woman, is sinful. This includes barrier methods, rhythm methods, etc.

In fact, it logically follows that *all* acts of sex between a husband and wife should be avoided unless there is a clear and concise possibility for reproduction. This limits the following:

3. Acts of sex during any period in time except for the week leading up to ovulation
5. Acts of sex should either the husband or wife have infertility, regardless of cause.

Im not commenting my opinion until you provide Biblical passages to support your claims from above!
TheAsylum
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 9:15:04 PM
At 5/23/2012 4:04:21 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

Im not commenting my opinion until you provide Biblical passages to support your claims from above!

I'm not going to provide Biblical passages. I'll just put it out there that my minimal knowledge of Catholicism includes some provision about sex necessarily being open to procreation or reproduction. If I'm wrong, please correct me.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 10:03:17 PM
At 5/24/2012 9:15:04 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 5/23/2012 4:04:21 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

I'm not going to provide Biblical passages. I'll just put it out there that my minimal knowledge of Catholicism includes some provision about sex necessarily being open to procreation or reproduction. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

You are incorrect Kleptin. Catholics can still have sex during all those times you listed. .
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.