Jump to topic:

Hell Debate

stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 4:37:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have been wanting to do a debate on hell for a while now and I was wondering if anyone would be interested. If people think hell is not compatible with the Christian God I would debate that or anything else really involving hell. If interested let me know. Thanks everyone.
Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 4:39:12 PM
I've seen the popculturespoka or something (picture with afro) do some debates on it. I think he would be interested.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 5:08:00 PM
At 5/24/2012 4:37:04 PM, stubs wrote:
I have been wanting to do a debate on hell for a while now and I was wondering if anyone would be interested. If people think hell is not compatible with the Christian God I would debate that or anything else really involving hell. If interested let me know. Thanks everyone.

I do not wish to debate as a con. Im Christian. But I would like ideas thrown around between us here. I think we both know that Jesus talked of hell and also He was described as ascending into Hell-bowls of the earth, rising to heaven, all in the same day.
TheAsylum
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 5:10:24 PM
At 5/24/2012 5:08:00 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

I do not wish to debate as a con. Im Christian. But I would like ideas thrown around between us here. I think we both know that Jesus talked of hell and also He was described as ascending into Hell-bowls of the earth, rising to heaven, all in the same day.

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you are saying here, but I do believe in the reality of hell, but I do not believe Jesus descended into hell as the apostles creed states.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 5:18:45 PM
At 5/24/2012 5:10:24 PM, stubs wrote:
At 5/24/2012 5:08:00 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you are saying here, but I do believe in the reality of hell, but I do not believe Jesus descended into hell as the apostles creed states.

Jesus did go to hell. He took the keys of hades. This is a very large topic. Glad you started it. Jesus is not the Lord of this earth, Satan is, Satan is still here and is reserved for judgement. One day Jesus will return and will rule this earth. Jesus would go into the bowls of the earth only to condemn and take with souls previously placed there. You should also qeustion why people have always pictured hell in the ground? This simple thought may not be so distorted.
TheAsylum
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 5:22:33 PM
At 5/24/2012 5:18:45 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

Jesus did go to hell. He took the keys of hades. This is a very large topic. Glad you started it. Jesus is not the Lord of this earth, Satan is, Satan is still here and is reserved for judgement. One day Jesus will return and will rule this earth. Jesus would go into the bowls of the earth only to condemn and take with souls previously placed there. You should also qeustion why people have always pictured hell in the ground? This simple thought may not be so distorted.

Could you provide scripture that states Jesus descended into Hell as stated in the apostles creed.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 5:35:22 PM
At 5/24/2012 5:22:33 PM, stubs wrote:
At 5/24/2012 5:18:45 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

Could you provide scripture that states Jesus descended into Hell as stated in the apostles creed.

http://www.heaven.net.nz...
Ezekiel 31:16 (English-KJV)
I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit: and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, shall be comforted in the nether parts of the earth.

Matthew 12:40 (English-NIV)
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Ephesians 4:9 (English-NIV)
8 This is why it says: "When he ascended on high, he led captives in his train and gave gifts to men."
9 (What does "he ascended" mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions ?
10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.
TheAsylum
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 7:24:40 PM
Hell exists just not as a place of ever-lasting tormment. I might be interested sometime in the future, but I agree with what others said. PCP would be a great one to debate. He is the one who changed my mind about hell actually.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 8:38:26 PM
At 5/24/2012 7:24:40 PM, phantom wrote:
Hell exists just not as a place of ever-lasting tormment. I might be interested sometime in the future, but I agree with what others said. PCP would be a great one to debate. He is the one who changed my mind about hell actually.

Ever-Lasting torment is the absence of God!
TheAsylum
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 9:39:14 PM
At 5/24/2012 8:31:06 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Hi! *waves at stubs*

Hey bro how you doin? I'll hit you up with a message sometime over the weekend. I don't like doing debates without having at least some discussion with my opponents. I do this to get an idea of where our beliefs differ so we get the most out of the debate and it's not stagnant. I know some people object to this so if you do that's fine and we will try to figure something out.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 9:40:12 PM
At 5/24/2012 5:35:22 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

http://www.heaven.net.nz...
Ezekiel 31:16 (English-KJV)
I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit: and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, shall be comforted in the nether parts of the earth.

Matthew 12:40 (English-NIV)
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Ephesians 4:9 (English-NIV)
8 This is why it says: "When he ascended on high, he led captives in his train and gave gifts to men."
9 (What does "he ascended" mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions ?
10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.

Sorry I didn't get to this tonight. Will respond if I get the chance in the upcoming days.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 10:13:47 PM
At 5/24/2012 8:38:26 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

You can't be tormmented if you don't exist.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 11:06:48 PM
At 5/24/2012 10:13:47 PM, phantom wrote:

Ahh.. Good point! Though wait a minute, You do exist!
TheAsylum
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 11:12:49 PM
At 5/24/2012 11:06:48 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

How does that establish that all souls are infinite?
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 11:14:37 PM
At 5/24/2012 8:31:06 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Hi! *waves at stubs*
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 12:14:49 AM
At 5/24/2012 11:12:49 PM, phantom wrote:
At 5/24/2012 11:06:48 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

How does that establish that all souls are infinite?

How can you claim all souls are not infinate?
TheAsylum