Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Does the Biblical God fulfill His promises?

ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 3:13:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
On this thread I would like to randomly post fulfilled prophecy or promises that God spoke of within the Bible. Also if anyone chooses to put their own prophecy or promise fulfilled, Please fill free. And to be fair anyone who has a compliant about one not being fulfilled as it is suppose to be then also post. Thank you and hope we learn some things.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 3:19:33 AM
Bible prophecy: Matthew 28:16-20
Prophecy written: During the first century
Prophecy fulfilled: Throughout history

During the first century of this era, there were evangelists who claimed to be eyewitnesses of the resurrected Jesus. These people, including Paul, and the Apostles, were willing to risk their lives and travel throughout the Roman world, by land and by sea, to evangelize a religion that wasn't legally recognized by the Roman government. They helped spread Christianity throughout the Roman Empire, and throughout Africa, Asia and Europe. From there, it spread throughout the rest of the world. - Copyright George Konig, Ray Konig, 100Prophecies.org

Matthew 28:16-20:

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go.

17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted.

18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

http://www.100prophecies.org...
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 3:22:49 AM
2. Israel to be scattered into all nations and to live in fear and persecution

One prophecy that occurs again and again in the Old Testament is the prophecy of the people of Israel being scattered to all nations. Certainly this has happened. The northern ten tribes were taken into captivity by Assyrians around 712 BC. The other two tribes were taken captive by the Babylonians around 606 BC. Only a small fraction of the Jews returned from Babylon to resettle the land of Israel in 536 BC. But the biggest blow came in 70 AD when Titus of Rome attacked Jerusalem, destroying the city and the temple. The Jews that were not killed were scattered into all nations.

Leviticus 26:33-38 says, "And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste. Then shall the land enjoy her sabbaths, as long as it lieth desolate, and ye be in your enemies' land; even then shall the land rest, and enjoy her sabbaths. As long as it lieth desolate it shall rest; because it did not rest in your sabbaths, when ye dwelt upon it. And upon them that are left alive of you I will send a faintness into their hearts in the lands of their enemies; and the sound of a shaken leaf shall chase them; and they shall flee, as fleeing from a sword; and they shall fall when none pursueth. And they shall fall one upon another, as it were before a sword, when none pursueth: and ye shall have no power to stand before your enemies. And ye shall perish among the heathen, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up."

Deuteronomy 28:64-67 says, "And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone. And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the LORD shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind: And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life: In the morning thou shalt say, Would God it were even! and at even thou shalt say, Would God it were morning! for the fear of thine heart wherewith thou shalt fear, and for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see."

One only needs to look up "Jews" in any encyclopedia for details the long history of persecution, massacre, and expulsion from various countries. Hitler's murder of 6,000,000 was not an isolated event, but part of a 2000 year trend. For example, thousands of Jews were massacred during the time of the Crusades (1000-1300 AD). Persecution of Jews was the norm as all Jews were considered partakers in the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. In the 14th century the plague known as the Black Death swept through Europe killing about one fourth of the population. Jews were often massacred as a result of the accusation that they spread the disease by poisoning water supplies. In 1492, all Jews were expelled from Spain, as was the case in Portugal just five years later. And there is much, much more. Just check any encyclopedia.

http://www.matthewmcgee.org...
TheAsylum
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 7:33:09 PM
At 5/25/2012 3:13:02 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
On this thread I would like to randomly post fulfilled prophecy or promises that God spoke of within the Bible. Also if anyone chooses to put their own prophecy or promise fulfilled, Please fill free. And to be fair anyone who has a compliant about one not being fulfilled as it is suppose to be then also post. Thank you and hope we learn some things.

The two headed wild beast( united states-great britian) go into the middle east region after the hidden gold( black gold) in front of the 7 headed beast( united nations) cant buy or sell( sanctions) unless one recieves the mark of the beast. ( correlation between Daniel-revelation) The mark on the hand = physical support--mark on forehead = mental support.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 9:15:11 PM
At 5/26/2012 7:33:09 PM, kjw47 wrote:

The two headed wild beast( united states-great britian) go into the middle east region after the hidden gold( black gold) in front of the 7 headed beast( united nations) cant buy or sell( sanctions) unless one recieves the mark of the beast. ( correlation between Daniel-revelation) The mark on the hand = physical support--mark on forehead = mental support.

Interesting. Why do you link the two-headed beast to America and Great Britian and is not Great Britain a part of the EU? Is that not slightly contradictory and 'not obvious' while at the same time biblically confusing?
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 9:18:04 PM
I find the most interesting prophecies are when God speaks a word of knowledge to me and it comes fulfilled in amazing ways in my own life.

A major prophecy in my life was when God told me I would be restored after losing everything in my life. I choose to follow God rather than 'keep my stuff' and God certainly came through. In fact, exactly as He stated to me.

It was my first encounter with God speaking in my life, followed by many more.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 9:52:07 PM
At 5/26/2012 9:18:04 PM, Gileandos wrote:
I find the most interesting prophecies are when God speaks a word of knowledge to me and it comes fulfilled in amazing ways in my own life.

A major prophecy in my life was when God told me I would be restored after losing everything in my life. I choose to follow God rather than 'keep my stuff' and God certainly came through. In fact, exactly as He stated to me.

It was my first encounter with God speaking in my life, followed by many more.

I feel the same way.
TheAsylum
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 7:00:45 AM
At 5/26/2012 9:15:11 PM, Gileandos wrote:
At 5/26/2012 7:33:09 PM, kjw47 wrote:

Interesting. Why do you link the two-headed beast to America and Great Britian and is not Great Britain a part of the EU? Is that not slightly contradictory and 'not obvious' while at the same time biblically confusing?

The two horned beast is the final world power-- 2 horns representing 2 countries working together.Great britian was the world power until usa( king of the south) came along.USSR was the king of the north but fell after the pushing( cold war)
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 10:13:10 PM
OK. Alot of people believe that the ten lost tribes of Israel settled in Austrailia, England, China, and Middle east. The two sons of Joesph and thier blessings are USA and Britian. Though alot of Britian was settled by the tribe of Dan. The tribe of Dan will bring the antichrist. The royal family have the tribe of Dan and Judah in thier bloodlines. Prince Charles has the Mouth of a lion, body of leopard, and feet of a bear on his coat of arms. He has the unicorn, harp of David, and Order of the Garter. He has the Reddragon chained to the unicorn. He has the 10 lions-kings on his royal seal. He has a statue of himself in Brazil. He had chips implanted in himself and both his sons in '96 on TV. Britian has Jacob's pillar. The same pillar every Judah king has been corniated on.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 1:28:17 AM
The Messiah would be preceded by a messenger
Bible prophecy: Isaiah 40:1-5,9
Prophecy written: Between 701-681 BC
Prophecy fulfilled: About 27 AD

In Isaiah 40:3, the prophet writes about a person in the desert who prepares the way for the Lord. This prophecy foreshadowed the life of John the Baptist, who played an important role in preparing the groundwork for the ministry of Jesus Christ. Jesus was born shortly after John the Baptist about 2000 years ago. The book of Matthew records many events of the life of Jesus and of John the Baptist. In Matthew 3:1-2, it says: "In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the Desert of Judea, and saying, Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near." - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Isaiah 40:1-5,9:

1 Comfort, comfort my people, says your God.

2 Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from the LORD's hand double for all her sins.

3 A voice of one calling: "In the desert prepare the way for the LORD; make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God.

4 Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain.

5 And the glory of the LORD will be revealed, and all mankind together will see it. For the mouth of the LORD has spoken."

9 . . . say to the towns of Judah, "Here is your God!"

He would perform miracles
Bible prophecy: Isaiah 35:4-6
Prophecy written: Between 701-681 BC
Prophecy fulfilled: About 27-31 AD

Isaiah, who lived about 2700 years ago, prophesied that there would come a time when God would arrive and heal the eyes of the blind, the ears of the deaf, the mobility of the lame, and the voice of the mute.

Jesus did each of these things in a spiritual sense, in offering truth and salvation, and in a literal sense by performing miracles of healing.

The web site at About-Jesus.org provides details about 34 miracles performed by Jesus. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Isaiah 35:4-6:

4 say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you."

5 Then will the eyes of the blind be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped.

6 Then will the lame leap like a deer, and the mute tongue shout for joy. Water will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert.

God promised another prophet like Moses
Bible prophecy: Deuteronomy 18:15-18
Prophecy written: As early as 1400 BC
Prophecy fulfilled: About 5 BC to 31 AD

In Deuteronomy 18:15-18, Moses told the Jews that God would raise up another prophet like Moses. After Moses, there was a succession of prophets, including Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel, and finally Jesus Christ. Jesus was very much like Moses. Both were delivered from death as infants. Both were prophets. Both performed miracles. Both were leaders. And both were intermediaries between God and man. Moses offered to die, if necessary, if God would forgive the sins of the people that Moses was leading (see Exodus 32:30-33). Jesus did die for our sins, so that people could enter the Kingdom of Heaven. No other prophet is as much like Moses than Jesus. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Deuteronomy 18:15-18:

15 The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.

16 For this is what you asked of the LORD your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly when you said, "Let us not hear the voice of the LORD our God nor see this great fire anymore, or we will die."

17 The LORD said to me: "What they say is good.

18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him.
TheAsylum