Jump to topic:

If Satan is the master of lies...

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2009 11:50:15 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
1. For those that believe in the Christian paradigm, how do you know that the Bible isn't Satan's greatest lie yet?

2. Or better yet, how do you know Yahweh isn't the evil one and maybe he wrote the book to make himself look good, and Satan look bad.

When someone writes a book, they will always write it in biased favor of themselves, and biased viewpoints of the enemy. Would it not make sense that if Yahweh wrote the Bible, he would do it in biased favor of himself, and try to defame Satan?

Thoughts?

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2009 12:02:41 AM
At 8/9/2009 11:50:15 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Thoughts?

Have great urge to troll.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
sherlockmethod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2009 12:40:42 AM
C'mon Geo, you can do better than this, right? Define Satan for us. You know as well as anyone that the term Satan is used outside of the Christian system.
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2009 12:52:11 AM
At 8/10/2009 12:40:42 AM, sherlockmethod wrote:
C'mon Geo, you can do better than this, right? Define Satan for us. You know as well as anyone that the term Satan is used outside of the Christian system.

I know. This is not really an argument against religion, it's just a thought that came to mind after reading someone else's post regarding Satan.

I don't know if you noticed, but I specifically said "For those that believe in the Christian paradigm." That means I was limiting this discussion to the Christian paradigm.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2009 2:36:39 AM
1. For those that believe in the Christian paradigm, how do you know that the Bible isn't Satan's greatest lie yet?

2. Or better yet, how do you know Yahweh isn't the evil one and maybe he wrote the book to make himself look good, and Satan look bad.

When someone writes a book, they will always write it in biased favor of themselves, and biased viewpoints of the enemy. Would it not make sense that if Yahweh wrote the Bible, he would do it in biased favor of himself, and try to defame Satan?

Thoughts?

(1) Satan has power over every single aspect of everything EXCEPT the word of God.
Adam chose satans word over Gods and everything (in creation) FELL into satans hands: he became the 'god of this world'.
We know the Bible is not the work of satan because it is the ONE document that illustrates HOW he is defeated! It is the ONE document that illustrates Gods ultimate dominion over His creation and His redemption (through His Son Jesus Christ) of mankind.
Satan HATES the Bible and has done all he can to stop the masses getting hold of it and then to subvert it's meaning.

(2) How do know anything? how do you know you know? you just know right?
This is called 'Truth'.. and our capacity to know Truth grows with our acceptance of it.. the very first Truth we HAVE to accept is that Jesus Christ IS the One and only Son of god.
Once you accept this central truth EVERYTHING else beomes clearer.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Loveshismom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 6:43:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
: At 8/9/2009 11:50:15 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"1. For those that believe in the Christian paradigm, how do you know that the Bible isn't Satan's greatest lie yet?

Thoughts?"

Sorry that Geo's post is not italicized. I am using a iPad, and for some reason, it would not let me italicize it. Here is how I know the Bible is not a lie from the devil: like anybody, I can actually apply it to my life. One verse that I can really apply to my personal life is 1 Corinthians 10:13. You cannot apply a lie from the devil to any aspect of your life because if you are a Christian you eventually figure out that it is a lie from the devil. "...Resist the devil and he will flee from you," James 4:7. This verse is one of those verses that makes him look bad. Also, plenty of other verses say bad things about Satan and it even calls him "the evil one" sometimes. If you are talking about a fiction novel with things that the Holy Bible identifies as sins, then I do agree, but ONLY under the circumstance stated previously.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 7:56:55 AM

Thoughts?

The Bible is the greatest lie to those who don't know the difference between what antichrists and false prophets had written in it and what came from Christ.
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 8:13:39 AM

Thoughts?

A couple of things to consider.

More than likely, like most of us, you have/had a close relative like a grandparent that presented you with absolute kindness. Absolutely adored you. What do you think the chances are of that relative absolutely despising you? All that kindness and adoration could actually be a front to look good in front of everyone else. Right? So, although there are always the "what ifs", there are certain attributes people like loving grandparents can be honored with without any type of suspicion.

Another thing to consider, since you're applying a human flaw to God (for the sake of conversation), suggesting God to be in this scenario a sort of megalomaniac, we would probably all be dead by now. Whenever a human dictator, who was (and is) that sort of megalomaniac, they never restrict their power to create self promoting historical inaccuracy. They usually resort to torture and execution at even just a hint of anti-allegiance. How much worse would it be if the God who knows our thoughts resorted to that tactic?
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:23:09 PM
1. For those that believe in the Christian paradigm,

That word, I don't think it means what you think it means.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 9:47:12 PM
At 2/24/2014 8:13:39 AM, RoderickSpode wrote:

Thoughts?

More than likely, like most of us, you have/had a close relative like a grandparent that presented you with absolute kindness. Absolutely adored you. What do you think the chances are of that relative absolutely despising you? All that kindness and adoration could actually be a front to look good in front of everyone else. Right? So, although there are always the "what ifs", there are certain attributes people like loving grandparents can be honored with without any type of suspicion.

Another thing to consider, since you're applying a human flaw to God (for the sake of conversation), suggesting God to be in this scenario a sort of megalomaniac, we would probably all be dead by now. Whenever a human dictator, who was (and is) that sort of megalomaniac, they never restrict their power to create self promoting historical inaccuracy. They usually resort to torture and execution at even just a hint of anti-allegiance. How much worse would it be if the God who knows our thoughts resorted to that tactic?

Produce a passage from your bible that demonstrates your god's love, not claims it, demonstrates it and don't use the butchering of his own son. That's not love.
Torture and execution for a hint of anti-allegiance.

How about eternal torture for absolutely no anti-allegiance?
Good argument you got there.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 10:26:13 PM

Thoughts?

The YLT (Young's Literal Translation) & the EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT New Testament Interlinear makes NO mention of the Term Satan in their narrative!

This is MCB's fatal problem!

MCB claimed he could successfully support his j.w Satan ideology using ANY biblical translations!

At 1/27/2014 6:58:57 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The fact is that the JWs can and do back up all they teach from scrtipture, multiple scripture, nto just the odd one or two that agree with thier doctrines, any translation, and are more than happy to have their word questioned on that.

All MCB proved is that he is a malignant LIAR!
etherealvoyager
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 12:09:41 AM
At 2/24/2014 6:43:59 AM, Loveshismom wrote:
: At 8/9/2009 11:50:15 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"1. For those that believe in the Christian paradigm, how do you know that the Bible isn't Satan's greatest lie yet?

Thoughts?"

Sorry that Geo's post is not italicized. I am using a iPad, and for some reason, it would not let me italicize it. Here is how I know the Bible is not a lie from the devil: like anybody, I can actually apply it to my life. One verse that I can really apply to my personal life is 1 Corinthians 10:13. You cannot apply a lie from the devil to any aspect of your life because if you are a Christian you eventually figure out that it is a lie from the devil. "...Resist the devil and he will flee from you," James 4:7. This verse is one of those verses that makes him look bad. Also, plenty of other verses say bad things about Satan and it even calls him "the evil one" sometimes. If you are talking about a fiction novel with things that the Holy Bible identifies as sins, then I do agree, but ONLY under the circumstance stated previously.

How lovely of you to bring back a 4 year old post.
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 6:22:40 AM
At 2/24/2014 9:47:12 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/24/2014 8:13:39 AM, RoderickSpode wrote:

Thoughts?

Produce a passage from your bible that demonstrates your god's love, not claims it, demonstrates it and don't use the butchering of his own son. That's not love.
Torture and execution for a hint of anti-allegiance.

If you've read the entire Bible, you've already drawn a personal opinion/conclusion. Have you read the entire Bible?

How about eternal torture for absolutely no anti-allegiance?
Good argument you got there.
Explain please.