Jump to topic:

DDO Bible Study

stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 4:37:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Recently started a DDO bible study with Gileandos, Keytarhero, KRFournier, and GenesisCreation. If anyone else wants to do it as well let me know and friend me so I can include you in the messages in the future. Thanks.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 4:40:17 PM
At 5/27/2012 4:39:06 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Why not hold it in the forums? I'm sure it would end beautifully.

Hahahhaha Im sayin
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 4:41:06 PM
At 5/27/2012 4:37:14 PM, stubs wrote:
Recently started a DDO bible study with Gileandos, Keytarhero, KRFournier, and GenesisCreation. If anyone else wants to do it as well let me know and friend me so I can include you in the messages in the future. Thanks.

Actually, this sounds pretty cool. I'm interested
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
Jon1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 4:44:25 PM

Count me in, though I'm a bit of a lurker.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 6:25:58 PM

I am down.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 6:35:35 PM
I will add that though some have greater understanding than others, everybodies interpretation should be looked at and reviewed and answered. I think it is good to include alls views so we can determine proper interpretation.Thanks.
TheAsylum
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 6:45:18 PM
At 5/27/2012 6:35:35 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
I will add that though some have greater understanding than others, everybodies interpretation should be looked at and reviewed and answered. I think it is good to include alls views so we can determine proper interpretation.Thanks.

It's not a debate, it's a bible study. When I sent out the first message I was already saying how anyone who consistently turns it into a debate will not be included.
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 9:39:37 PM
I will join.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 11:17:09 PM
Count me in bro... Rather excited to be honest
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 11:28:21 PM
At 5/27/2012 6:28:01 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
I'm open to some bible study.

Lolz
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 11:37:45 PM
At 5/27/2012 6:45:18 PM, stubs wrote:

It's not a debate, it's a bible study. When I sent out the first message I was already saying how anyone who consistently turns it into a debate will not be included.

I find you to be quite dubious, you want people to offer there "interpretation" but won't allow debate ? of course people will give reasons why their interpretation is superior and thus others are inferior, and people who believe in those so called inferior interpretations will challenge that claim, ergo debate.

Sure I'am in for a bible study, am I allowed to point out every unsupported assertion and pre-supposition that comes up ?

Unsupported assertion number 1: An all powerful, all knowing being, benevolent being authored the bible.

Be honest, this isn't about a "bible study" its about a bunch of people getting together to reinforce religious belief immune to critical thinking pressure ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 11:46:48 PM
At 5/27/2012 11:37:45 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 5/27/2012 6:45:18 PM, stubs wrote:

I find you to be quite dubious, you want people to offer there "interpretation" but won't allow debate ? of course people will give reasons why their interpretation is superior and thus others are inferior, and people who believe in those so called inferior interpretations will challenge that claim, ergo debate.

Sure I'am in for a bible study, am I allowed to point out every unsupported assertion and pre-supposition that comes up ?

Unsupported assertion number 1: An all powerful, all knowing being, benevolent being authored the bible.

Be honest, this isn't about a "bible study" its about a bunch of people getting together to reinforce religious belief immune to critical thinking pressure ?

You come up with a debate about assertions and pre-supptions in the Bible and we will come to a reasonable debate on it.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 11:47:15 PM

more info?
TheAsylum
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2012 11:52:56 PM
At 5/27/2012 11:37:45 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Sorry if I was unclear. In the message I sent out I said that when topics such as are the days in genesis literal days, hell, predestination ect. come up that is fine to show your opinion. However, we don't want that coming up every single time. It would be harmful to our goal of spiritual formation.

Sure

I believe that the original writers were inspired by God. Not anyone who translated or did commentaries or anything like that.

Not at all. It is all about spiritual growth and formation. I love how the great Christian philosopher Dallas Willard said it, "Spiritual formation for the Christian basically refers to the spirit-driven process of forming the inner world of the human self in such a way that it becomes like the inner being of Christ himself." Renovations of The Heart P.22