Jump to topic:

Catholocism about to be exposed as corrupt

kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 5:24:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is nothing new in reality--catholocism has been corrupt since the 3rd century-- they added many pagan practices back then and also changed truths to lies at their councils-- their bloodguilt has amassed to the heavens-- every trinity religion on the planet is a branch off of catholocism-- the lies created by catholocism carried over into every one of them on the planet-- Jesus was never apart of them-- its hard for me to imagine that 1 single human being can possibly believe their lies. Most likely its because 1000 years after all the council lies were taught as truth and they finally let Gods word be translated into the language of the day, this caused many alterations in meanings from greek to english. Gods word called them the great apostasy-- it also warned mankind that their sins have amassed to the heavens and all supporters will be held accountable--God warned all-- GET OUT OF HER.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 5:36:11 PM
My oh my. What little substance you have here.

Care to give examples I can actually respond and refute? Or are you going to just use this thread to vent?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 5:44:54 PM
Oh, for a second I thought you were talking about Catholicism.

Wtf is "Catholocism?"
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 5:50:01 PM
At 5/28/2012 5:44:54 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Wtf is "Catholocism?"

+ infinity
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 5:54:26 PM
At 5/28/2012 5:24:27 PM, kjw47 wrote:
This is nothing new in reality--catholocism has been corrupt since the 3rd century-- they added many pagan practices back then and also changed truths to lies at their councils-- their bloodguilt has amassed to the heavens-- every trinity religion on the planet is a branch off of catholocism-- the lies created by catholocism carried over into every one of them on the planet-- Jesus was never apart of them-- its hard for me to imagine that 1 single human being can possibly believe their lies. Most likely its because 1000 years after all the council lies were taught as truth and they finally let Gods word be translated into the language of the day, this caused many alterations in meanings from greek to english. Gods word called them the great apostasy-- it also warned mankind that their sins have amassed to the heavens and all supporters will be held accountable--God warned all-- GET OUT OF HER.

It's crazy how dropping one letter changes the entire meaning.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 5:55:00 PM
At 5/28/2012 5:44:54 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Wtf is "Catholocism?"

+1. But still, if it is Catholicism, then yay! *Jumps for joy*.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 5:58:38 PM
At 5/28/2012 5:54:26 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 5/28/2012 5:24:27 PM, kjw47 wrote:

It's crazy how dropping one letter changes the entire meaning.

Ha!
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 6:00:15 PM
Sig'd. :P
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 6:29:48 PM
At 5/28/2012 5:36:11 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
My oh my. What little substance you have here.

Care to give examples I can actually respond and refute? Or are you going to just use this thread to vent?

they sold salvation for $$$$-- the crusades= murder-- the inquisitions= murder-- burning humans alive for heresy = murder-- allowed their young men to kill their own supposed brothers in Christ for Adolf Hitler-- and also during ww1, the rev war- the civil war-- allowed a pagan false god worshipping king to head the councils( councils they held because they didnt know truth) many pedophile priests allowed to keep being preachers-- not allowing condom use especially in africa where the children are dying of starvation and getting aids. the use of statues and icons( forbidden in Gods word) plus many other things as well. And since the above is 100% fact how will you defend it?
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 6:41:08 PM
I always love that The Christians are blamed for every corporate theft, capitalist murder, political deviation, dictators evil whims, despotism and on and on and on ad nauseum.

What happened to legitimate discussion on this website? This accusations are patently absurd. Now any 14 year old with a computer can blog the 'atrocities' of the Church that is just historical bunk.

Video killed the radio star and blogging killed scholasticism.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 7:32:13 PM
At 5/28/2012 6:41:08 PM, Gileandos wrote:
I always love that The Christians are blamed for every corporate theft, capitalist murder, political deviation, dictators evil whims, despotism and on and on and on ad nauseum.

What happened to legitimate discussion on this website? This accusations are patently absurd. Now any 14 year old with a computer can blog the 'atrocities' of the Church that is just historical bunk.

In reality they are not christian-- imagine Jesus condoning one of those acts done in his name. I dont show truth to be mean-- i show it in hopes of helping my fellow man Get out of her.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 7:35:38 PM
LOL @ the Catholic church adopted pagan practices. And you think that's a bombshell? C'mon now. Everyone knows that (I guess). Even Catholics will tell ya that. They claim to have the right to do it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 7:55:52 PM
At 5/28/2012 7:32:13 PM, kjw47 wrote:

In reality they are not christian-- imagine Jesus condoning one of those acts done in his name. I dont show truth to be mean-- i show it in hopes of helping my fellow man Get out of her.

That is my point. You attribute evil to them, which is scholastically dead wrong, to give yourself validation to remove them from being 'Christian'. You compound this by citing your own brand of interpretation as a supporting framework to claim 'The Church' is not Christian.

Not valid.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 8:01:23 PM
At 5/28/2012 7:35:38 PM, annanicole wrote:
LOL @ the Catholic church adopted pagan practices. And you think that's a bombshell? C'mon now. Everyone knows that (I guess). Even Catholics will tell ya that. They claim to have the right to do it.

I used to believe that Catholics had pagan practices as well, when I was protestant. I heard it so many times I believed it by default. Kinda like the atheists and the claim 'separation of church and state is in the constitution!" when it is not.

I researched each of the claims and found them to be baseless. It was a moving point in my Christian walk. I take nothing for granted since my early years.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 8:07:49 PM
At 5/28/2012 8:01:23 PM, Gileandos wrote:

I used to believe that Catholics had pagan practices as well, when I was protestant. I heard it so many times I believed it by default. Kinda like the atheists and the claim 'separation of church and state is in the constitution!" when it is not.

I researched each of the claims and found them to be baseless. It was a moving point in my Christian walk. I take nothing for granted since my early years.

Then you obviously didn't research it well enough. You can easily document it by referring to Roman Catholic literature.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 8:15:12 PM
At 5/28/2012 8:07:49 PM, annanicole wrote:

Then you obviously didn't research it well enough. You can easily document it by referring to Roman Catholic literature.

Cite your best example.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 8:17:51 PM

Not when Gods word teaches--- one cannot partake of the table of God and the table of demons.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 8:20:12 PM
At 5/28/2012 8:15:12 PM, Gileandos wrote:

Cite your best example.

How many do you want?

"To convert and civilize her new subjects (pagans) she DESCENDED (emphasis mine) to their level and employed means in keeping with their notions and customs." (History of the Church of God, p. 407)

"It is interesting to note how often our Church has availed herself of practices which were in common use among pagans" (Externals of the Catholic Church, p. 156)

"Again the pagan use of lights at funerals seems to have been taken over by the church as a harmless piece of ceremonial to which a Christian color might be easily given." (Cath. Encyclopedia, IX, p. 246)

All three of the predecing are Roman Catholic sources, each bearing an imprimatur of some biship or archbishop who approved it.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 8:21:12 PM
While most (if not all) of my beliefs fall under the protestant umbrella, we need to remember there is doctrines that need to divide us and doctrines that need not divide us. Things like the resurrection need to divide us. Most of the things Catholics and Protestants believe can be openly and lovingly discussed. However, we must remember that we are both Christians and we both believe the key things such as Jesus is the only way to heaven.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 8:30:55 PM
At 5/28/2012 8:21:12 PM, stubs wrote:
While most (if not all) of my beliefs fall under the protestant umbrella, we need to remember there is doctrines that need to divide us and doctrines that need not divide us. Things like the resurrection need to divide us. Most of the things Catholics and Protestants believe can be openly and lovingly discussed. However, we must remember that we are both Christians and we both believe the key things such as Jesus is the only way to heaven.

I bet Huss and Wycliffe said that. Sounds good. Reckon how it worked out for 'em?
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 8:34:03 PM
At 5/28/2012 8:20:12 PM, annanicole wrote:

Cite your best example.

How many do you want?

"To convert and civilize her new subjects (pagans) she DESCENDED (emphasis mine) to their level and employed means in keeping with their notions and customs." (History of the Church of God, p. 407)

"It is interesting to note how often our Church has availed herself of practices which were in common use among pagans" (Externals of the Catholic Church, p. 156)

"Again the pagan use of lights at funerals seems to have been taken over by the church as a harmless piece of ceremonial to which a Christian color might be easily given." (Cath. Encyclopedia, IX, p. 246)

All three of the predecing are Roman Catholic sources, each bearing an imprimatur of some biship or archbishop who approved it.

I am not referring to things like Christmas Trees and Funeral lighting etc... I agree these are cultural adaptations, which is held akin to services in English verses Hebrew, Greek or Latin for example.

What I meant was Christian doctrines finding root in pagan doctrines, which I also believe was the purpose of the condemnation from the OP.

Though I do recognize JW's believe Christians 'venerate' the Christmas tree and is a sign of apostasy but that is just silly and I disregard such criticisms as the Tree is NOT a Christian Doctrine of the Church.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 8:39:33 PM

Cite your best example.

How many do you want?

I think it is important to note that local Churches have adopted some of the traditions and customs of where they are located. That is how Churches started using Christmas trees. However it is also important to note that none of these has anything to do with any doctrines of the Church.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 8:40:16 PM
At 5/28/2012 8:30:55 PM, annanicole wrote:

I bet Huss and Wycliffe said that. Sounds good. Reckon how it worked out for 'em?

I'm not trying to act or sound like anyone besides Jesus. Granted I don't do it well, but that is my goal. It does not matter to me what this or that guy said. I'm just trying to say that Jesus saves all who believe he is their savior and lord. That includes protestants and Catholics
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 8:40:48 PM
At 5/28/2012 8:34:03 PM, Gileandos wrote:

Cite your best example.

How many do you want?

I am not referring to things like Christmas Trees and Funeral lighting etc... I agree these are cultural adaptations, which is held akin to services in English verses Hebrew, Greek or Latin for example.

What I meant was Christian doctrines finding root in pagan doctrines, which I also believe was the purpose of the condemnation from the OP.

Though I do recognize JW's believe Christians 'venerate' the Christmas tree and is a sign of apostasy but that is just silly and I disregard such criticisms as the Tree is NOT a Christian Doctrine of the Church.

Damn, you got to it first :P
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 9:02:50 PM
At 5/28/2012 6:00:15 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Sig'd. :P

Haha, thanks
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 9:17:20 PM
At 5/28/2012 8:39:33 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Cite your best example.

How many do you want?

I think it is important to note that local Churches have adopted some of the traditions and customs of where they are located. That is how Churches started using Christmas trees. However it is also important to note that none of these has anything to do with any doctrines of the Church.

My original was (above): "LOL @ the Catholic church adopted pagan practices."

"Adopted pagan practices." Nobody has said a word (or had said a word) about "doctrines" until you introduced it. I repeat the quote from above: ""It is interesting to note how often our Church has availed herself of practices which were in common use among pagans" (Externals of the Catholic Church, p. 156)"

Availed herself of pagan practices. That's all I affirmed: the Roman Catholic church has, in the past, availed herself and adopted for use "pagan practices" which have no foundation at all in the New Testament. As far as doctrines, if you want to try that: the Roman Catholic church proclaimed "The Assumption of Mary" as a dogma - in 1950. That's a peculiar popish doctrine unknown to the pages of the Bible.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 9:27:31 PM
At 5/28/2012 9:17:20 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 5/28/2012 8:39:33 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Cite your best example.

How many do you want?

My original was (above): "LOL @ the Catholic church adopted pagan practices."

"Adopted pagan practices." Nobody has said a word (or had said a word) about "doctrines" until you introduced it. I repeat the quote from above: ""It is interesting to note how often our Church has availed herself of practices which were in common use among pagans" (Externals of the Catholic Church, p. 156)"

Availed herself of pagan practices. That's all I affirmed: the Roman Catholic church has, in the past, availed herself and adopted for use "pagan practices" which have no foundation at all in the New Testament. As far as doctrines, if you want to try that: the Roman Catholic church proclaimed "The Assumption of Mary" as a dogma - in 1950. That's a peculiar popish doctrine unknown to the pages of the Bible.

I except your clarification.

I also want to clearly point out you must also mean Christian's (not just Catholics) have done this not just Catholics but protestants also use the Christmas tree, festival lighting etc...

The OP is contending a compromise of Christian Doctrine with the apparent assertion that these pagan practices represent a 'corruption' of the Catholic Church's doctrines that is to be 'exposed'.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 9:31:18 PM
Isn't there a difference between cultural adaptions (i.e. in customs) rather than the borrowing of doctrines????
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 9:36:38 PM
At 5/28/2012 9:31:18 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Isn't there a difference between cultural adaptions (i.e. in customs) rather than the borrowing of doctrines????

Doctrine does not vary by geographic locations. They stay the same. Cultural adaptations have no effect on doctrine.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 1:49:22 AM
At 5/28/2012 7:55:52 PM, Gileandos wrote:
At 5/28/2012 7:32:13 PM, kjw47 wrote:

That is my point. You attribute evil to them, which is scholastically dead wrong, to give yourself validation to remove them from being 'Christian'. You compound this by citing your own brand of interpretation as a supporting framework to claim 'The Church' is not Christian.

Not valid.

The roman catholic church is not christian. You pray to saints and confess to popes. This is false Gods and pagan worship. You confess to Jesus and pray to Jesus. No man can forgive you of sins.
TheAsylum