Jump to topic:

Sinner's Prayer.

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2009 5:39:57 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
"Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

-- A trap, Satans' flu shot to those who think if they say and repeat this prayer they will get into heaven and that they have accepted Jesus into their heart. This is NOT true they are walking, they are walking RIGHT INTO HELL!!! It is not scripture, and I warn you anyone, if anyone comes to you with this, accept their faith as truth, but reject this prayer!! Yes, people will be saved, because of the prayer, but only Because God had grace upon that person who said the sinner's prayer!

False evangelsim, not scripture! When Jesus said, "Repent and believe." Jesus meant, repent from your sins and turn your back on your sins and believe because of the Holy Spirit which has entered you, because of your repentance and confession. That if I walked up to you as you were a atheist and said, "Jesus is the way, the truth and the life." And you said, "No! That is not truth." Then when you do become saved, I will ask you again, "Jesus is the way the truth and the life." And you will say, "Yes, yes Jesus is, oh Lord please, please forgive me!" And you will want to share your faith to everyone you see, and your back will turn from sin, you will cancel your weekend parties where you go get drunk, you will make your closest friend angry because you cannot stop going on about the Love and grace of God!

That is the power of God, not, "If you squeeze my hand if you feel what I say is what you want to say." As Paul Washer rightly said, the sinner's prayer sends more people to hell than anything else!
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2009 5:42:02 PM
I agree with you here. As my pastour has said, "There are no magic words" to be saved.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2009 5:51:55 PM
I also need to add this...

..."I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward." -- Then if there is no change heart, as the Christian who knows as well as the sinner, then the sinner's prayer has not worked, it is a trap! There is no affect, no invition for the Holy Spirit to enter their life, and they will go away thinking that what they just said and repeated will give them the hope that they are saved! These people who say and repeat the sinner's prayer do not change to be a new creation because of it, but claim they are Christians because of it!
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 4:25:27 AM
I posted a Paul Washer sermon onto my Churches facebook site and they removed it!
I know what he's saying but I don't think the sinners prayer is a bad place to start: we just must never leave it there: we have to LIVE the sinners prayer.. we have to continually repent.. continually align ourselves with the Word of God.. with Truth.
The Cross.. the Cross.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 10:16:45 AM
: At 8/12/2009 4:25:27 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
I posted a Paul Washer sermon onto my Churches facebook site and they removed it!
I know what he's saying but I don't think the sinners prayer is a bad place to start: we just must never leave it there: we have to LIVE the sinners prayer.. we have to continually repent.. continually align ourselves with the Word of God.. with Truth.

Yeah, well if the person you ask to repeat the sinner's prayer, does not understand that what becomming a Christian is, they maybe lost. What the sinner's prayer is, is what your actions should say to become a Christian, not what you should speak out. Satan knows this, that many will be fooled, in that to become a Christian you only need to speak the words and God will do the rest. No this is not the case, God said to repent and then believe in the Holy Spirit. In Acts 2 it shows the Holy Spirit comming into the folloers of Jesus.

By asking Jesus to enter your heart and then walk away as you were, thinking to your own self, that you have just accepted Jesus into your heart, and a person comes to you and says, "What is your faith, are you a Christian?" And they will say, "Yes! I just said the sinner's prayer and now I am a Christian." When they continue their old lives living like any other sinner. Getting drunk, fornicating, blaspheming, cursing, lusting, and I am not saying Christians do these things, but when a Christian does do these thing and things like them, the Christian will repent and he will feel the guilt and he will know that he has let God down, but as I thought I was a Christian for 18 years, I supported Christianity, but not upon my self! I lived like a devil but I disaproved upon murder of course, but because I got drunk and because my world was all about me, me, me, I too got drunk and because I got drunk I did not see that as an offence against God, because God did not dwell in me, like God does now!

Now you walk up to a un-believer, you will make him/her aware of what you are speaking and instructing about. Then at the end of your message, the good news, you will then invite him or her to repeat after you the sinner's prayer, he or she will repeat it, once they have, you will lay your hand on the shoulder, look him or her in the eyes and say, "You are now starting your journey." Or, "Welcome, you have invited Jesus into your heart." But Jesus said in Revelations, "I will knock and if you answer I WILL enter and dine with you." Jesus will not wait to come in after knowcking, but if you invite someone into your home, after they are waiting to enter, they will come in STRAIGHT away, striaght away! But this isn't the case, there is no change, nothing happenes, but maybe just alittle emotion which will wear away later that day. And yet they will still say they are Christian, and Paul Washer is right, they will say to a real evangelist, "I am a Christian." And that's why I always say to a person who claims to be a Christian when I evangelise, Matthew 7:21-23.

DATC I am not at all telling you off, I respect you. But I am slightly angry at the people who say this, what I have just wrote on the streets, giving the impression to an un-believer that they are now saved, and they will enter heaven. But instead Jesus will turn to them and say, "Depart from me, evil one, I never knew you." Jesus says in Revelations 3, "Either be cold or hot, but do not be luke-warm, as I will vomit you out of my mouth."

I am quite surprised about your church. Pray about it.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2009 7:05:38 AM
At 8/12/2009 10:16:45 AM, GodSands wrote:
: At 8/12/2009 4:25:27 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Yeah, well if the person you ask to repeat the sinner's prayer, does not understand that what becomming a Christian is, they maybe lost. What the sinner's prayer is, is what your actions should say to become a Christian, not what you should speak out. Satan knows this, that many will be fooled, in that to become a Christian you only need to speak the words and God will do the rest. No this is not the case, God said to repent and then believe in the Holy Spirit. In Acts 2 it shows the Holy Spirit comming into the folloers of Jesus.

By asking Jesus to enter your heart and then walk away as you were, thinking to your own self, that you have just accepted Jesus into your heart, and a person comes to you and says, "What is your faith, are you a Christian?" And they will say, "Yes! I just said the sinner's prayer and now I am a Christian." When they continue their old lives living like any other sinner. Getting drunk, fornicating, blaspheming, cursing, lusting, and I am not saying Christians do these things, but when a Christian does do these thing and things like them, the Christian will repent and he will feel the guilt and he will know that he has let God down, but as I thought I was a Christian for 18 years, I supported Christianity, but not upon my self! I lived like a devil but I disaproved upon murder of course, but because I got drunk and because my world was all about me, me, me, I too got drunk and because I got drunk I did not see that as an offence against God, because God did not dwell in me, like God does now!

Now you walk up to a un-believer, you will make him/her aware of what you are speaking and instructing about. Then at the end of your message, the good news, you will then invite him or her to repeat after you the sinner's prayer, he or she will repeat it, once they have, you will lay your hand on the shoulder, look him or her in the eyes and say, "You are now starting your journey." Or, "Welcome, you have invited Jesus into your heart." But Jesus said in Revelations, "I will knock and if you answer I WILL enter and dine with you." Jesus will not wait to come in after knowcking, but if you invite someone into your home, after they are waiting to enter, they will come in STRAIGHT away, striaght away! But this isn't the case, there is no change, nothing happenes, but maybe just alittle emotion which will wear away later that day. And yet they will still say they are Christian, and Paul Washer is right, they will say to a real evangelist, "I am a Christian." And that's why I always say to a person who claims to be a Christian when I evangelise, Matthew 7:21-23.

DATC I am not at all telling you off, I respect you. But I am slightly angry at the people who say this, what I have just wrote on the streets, giving the impression to an un-believer that they are now saved, and they will enter heaven. But instead Jesus will turn to them and say, "Depart from me, evil one, I never knew you." Jesus says in Revelations 3, "Either be cold or hot, but do not be luke-warm, as I will vomit you out of my mouth."

I am quite surprised about your church. Pray about it.

It's not for anyone (including Paul Washer or you) to say who is and who is not saved..
We should all worry about ourselves or, if your a Pastor, our congregation.
I love my Church BUT I am at logger-heads over a few things with them: The fear of man brings a snare but whoever puts his trust in the Lord SHALL be safe!

Pray for me will you Josh? That I have the boldness to speak out, and to speak out in love and forgiveness.

Thanks brother.
The Cross.. the Cross.