Total Posts:32|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

25 reasons Why (biblical thiest) Believe.

ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 1:58:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why I think thiest believe in the Bible.
1. Cause we exsperience the Holy Ghost.
2. Documented proof of Jesus's life.
3. The Bible.
4. Biblical theist offer the two-sided coin. Good-evil, right-wrong, Pro/Con, For/against. Which we all know is universal in life.
5. Billions upon billions in history who believed.
6. The Bible offers the most reasonable explanation of the origin of life.
7. Answered prayers and blessings.
8. Your soul becomes at peace.
9. Knowledge reavealed through the Holy Ghost. Both in nature and the Bible.
10. The mass persecution of Bible believers throughout history.
11. Prophecies fulfilled and continuing too.
12. Salvation is offered freely not demanded.
13. Being a Bible believer steps on alot of governmental and scientific toes.
14. Many and many fake christians using the claim for self promotion.
15. People who always believed in God had great nations.
16. Life is like a super computer. With bulid-in info. Like any computer it has a designer.
17. Many other religions and societies reconize Jesus's life.
18. The Word of God and its knowledge is understanding and reasonable to us.
19. Still to this day after 2,500 years not one substancial flaw has been found.
20. Laws have been founded on Biblical Laws.
21. The definition of virtue and moral are pinpoints of the Bible.
22. God always has keep his Word and promises.
23. God spares no one. All are accountable to God. No acts or wealth can sway God.
24. He rains blessing and judgement to the just and unjust alike. For we all are guilty.
25. He offers me eterntiy with love, no pain, no fear, no death, and no want.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 2:02:44 PM
Btw this is off the top of my head Im sure Ill exsperience other reasons when they present themselves. They do continually.
TheAsylum
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 2:15:29 PM
At 5/30/2012 1:58:49 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

I'm personally skeptical about ever experiencing the "Holy Ghost", but I suppose.

There are many atheists who believe Jesus existed.

3. The Bible.

You mean its accuracy?

4. Biblical theist offer the two-sided coin. Good-evil, right-wrong, Pro/Con, For/against. Which we all know is universal in life.

Have no clue what you're talking about.

Falacy

I'd stick to science.

Not much for me. At least not anymore.

What does this prove?

That's not proof.

What?

I don't get how this would make people believe.

16. Life is like a super computer. With bulid-in info. Like any computer it has a designer.

Plenty of atheists believe Jesus existed.

I assume you mean the Bible which I would only partially agree with.

19. Still to this day after 2,500 years not one substancial flaw has been found.

Oh?

And sacraficing children has coincided with the law because of religion in previous times. What's your point? Many many religions have had an impact on law.

Not sure what you mean, though I think the moral argument for God is sound.

There are plenty of fictional Gods who keep their promises...

23. God spares no one. All are accountable to God. No acts or wealth can sway God.

Okay??

24. He rains blessing and judgement to the just and unjust alike. For we all are guilty.

You're assuming his existence to prove his existence...

Other religions offer that.

____

Don't think your list applies to me very much. Probably because most of it didn't rely on logical arguments at all.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 2:20:57 PM
*Phantom's response*

/thread
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 2:42:08 PM
I was under the impression that the vast majority of biblical theists believe because they were raised/conditioned to do so by most likely their family, and/or community, school, friends, etc.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 2:52:58 PM
At 5/30/2012 2:42:08 PM, jat93 wrote:
I was under the impression that the vast majority of biblical theists believe because they were raised/conditioned to do so by most likely their family, and/or community, school, friends, etc.

You can say that about anything. Many was raised that way and did not become that way. Many was not raised that way and became that way. That is not a proper proposition.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 3:00:23 PM

And I am a rebel. If I did not experience Christ in my life I would not believe that much. It is hard for me to do the proper things alot of times but I hold my faith cause I know it, I feel it. That is something a non-believer will never get because they think they should feel it when they give God no reason too. And People with weak faith have hard times gaining it back because the less faith you have the weaker it becomes.
TheAsylum
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 3:01:00 PM
At 5/30/2012 2:52:58 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

You can say that about anything.

This is false, but even if it were true, it would not prove my proposition false, just that it can apply to anything else.

Many was raised that way and did not become that way.

This still does not disprove that for the majority of biblical theists the reason that they believe is directly because they were raised/conditioned to do so by their family, and/or community, school, friends, etc.

Many was not raised that way and became that way.

Yes, a minority of adherents to any religion will be converts/raised outside of it. Which is why I would not and did not say that the cause of belief for all adherents is how they were raised. Just most, the majority. So neither of your points prove anything of significance here.

That is not a proper proposition.

I beg to differ.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 3:15:27 PM
At 5/30/2012 3:01:00 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 5/30/2012 2:52:58 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

You can say that about anything.

This is false, but even if it were true, it would not prove my proposition false, just that it can apply to anything else.

Many was raised that way and did not become that way.

This still does not disprove that for the majority of biblical theists the reason that they believe is directly because they were raised/conditioned to do so by their family, and/or community, school, friends, etc.

Many was not raised that way and became that way.

Yes, a minority of adherents to any religion will be converts/raised outside of it. Which is why I would not and did not say that the cause of belief for all adherents is how they were raised. Just most, the majority. So neither of your points prove anything of significance here.

That is not a proper proposition.

I beg to differ.

Prove your position by evidence. The whole world has Christians in every continent. In alot of places were being Christian is a death sentence, yet they believe. Just show facts about your position. Or your position is personnel calculations which mean little.
TheAsylum
SuburbiaSurvivor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 3:19:08 PM

Got any statistics to support such a heavy assertion, my friend?
"I'm going to tell you something that you're never going to forget, SuburbiaSurvivor. Women... Are just human beings"
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 4:27:29 PM
At 5/30/2012 3:19:08 PM, SuburbiaSurvivor wrote:

Got any statistics to support such a heavy assertion, my friend?

I do agree, to an extent with Jat. However, if you were raised in an atheistic family you're likely to be an atheist. It works both ways. Either way, it's just the genetic fallacy so it really means nothing haha.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 9:14:51 PM
I agree with jat. That's just an unfortuante aspect of our narrow-minded world. I wouldn't point only at religion though. The same goes for politics and some other beliefs.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 9:16:02 PM
At 5/30/2012 2:24:59 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
These are my reasons. Do I answer to you or must explain myself?

You should use coherent logic.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 9:17:55 PM
The only reason that I can even begin to accept as even slightly reasonable is #1. The rest of it is bullsh*t so thick that I can gag on the smell it through the vastness of the internet.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
SuburbiaSurvivor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 9:20:17 PM
At 5/30/2012 9:17:55 PM, Kleptin wrote:
The only reason that I can even begin to accept as even slightly reasonable is #1. The rest of it is bullsh*t so thick that I can gag on the smell it through the vastness of the internet.

^Argument from personal incredulity.

While I agree that many of the points aren't very strong, this hardly constitutes a rebuttal.
"I'm going to tell you something that you're never going to forget, SuburbiaSurvivor. Women... Are just human beings"
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 9:23:32 PM
At 5/30/2012 9:20:17 PM, SuburbiaSurvivor wrote:
At 5/30/2012 9:17:55 PM, Kleptin wrote:

^Argument from personal incredulity.

While I agree that many of the points aren't very strong, this hardly constitutes a rebuttal.

You're going to accuse me of personal incredulity when I give credence to the one point on your list that the vast majority of people find to be the least credible?

For shame.
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 9:24:14 PM
*Correction, "the" list. I thought you were OP.

Dan4reason
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 10:51:09 PM

Emotional experiences are not supernatural experiences.

There is documented proof of Muhammad's life too.

3. The Bible.

Why?

Evidence that they are universal?

Billions believe in Islam. Tens of millions believed in Greek and Roman polytheism, billions have believed in Hinduism and Buddhism.

Google the Miller experiment. Abiogenesis has the evidence.

Funny how pastors tell their members to not just pray for something but to strive for it too. I guess we really know why they are answered.

Islam does the same thing.

What knowledge was revealed by the holy ghost and in what specific way? What knowledge is in nature? There is also quite a bit of knowledge in the Vedas the Hindu holy books.

Jews, Mormons, and Atheists were persecuted too.

Mormons, Muslims, and mystical people like Nostradamus also have so-called "fulfilled" prophecies. Any examples?

That argument assumes the existence of God.

Upsetting people is not evidence you are right.

Having a lot of frauds is not evidence you are right.

Correlation does not mean causation. The majority of great nations of the world are white dominated. Does that mean people of color are inferior?

Actually we know natural forces do guide the development of complexity, like the theory of evolution. If you want evidence, look as the evidence for human evolution and the 4,000 fossils we have found confirming it.

Many other religions recognize Mohammed's life too.

Not the parts about sexism, genocide, slavery, scapegoating, generational punishment, religious punishments, and rape.

See the response to #18.

You mean stuff like do not kill and steal. Every religion has those kinds of laws.

Same with the other religions too.

This assumes that God exists.

This assumes God exists.

This assumes God exists.

This assumes God exists.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 11:16:19 PM
Says who? You? HA

And?

3. The Bible.

Why?
Because it is the inspired word of God.

If I must. Ying/Yang, Good/bad, right/wrong, righteous/evil, north/south, east/west, up/down, left/right, etc.

Billions believe in Islam. Tens of millions believed in Greek and Roman polytheism, billions have believed in Hinduism and Buddhism.
Your point is? That is my reason which is true.

Again says you and them, Not me.

Funny how pastors tell their members to not just pray for something but to strive for it too. I guess we really know why they are answered.
I need no pastors. I prayer to God myself and recieve blessings.

And? But also prmote violence in the Quran?

What knowledge was revealed by the holy ghost and in what specific way? What knowledge is in nature? There is also quite a bit of knowledge in the Vedas the Hindu holy books.
The beauty, The stars and sun, The complex nature, all things are for each other. Much knowledge is in nature as you see things in science all the time.

Jews same thing. So mormons and atheist are close to persecution to jews and christians?

Mormons, Muslims, and mystical people like Nostradamus also have so-called "fulfilled" prophecies. Any examples?Jonah predicted Jesus would be born in bethlehem centuries before he was born!

I know God exist. You assume he doesnt

Yes it does

Yes it does

Correlation does not mean causation. The majority of great nations of the world are white dominated. Does that mean people of color are inferior?
Your statement is untrue, egypt, sumer, babylon, china, kemet, persia, india.

Actually we know natural forces do guide the development of complexity, like the theory of evolution. If you want evidence, look as the evidence for human evolution and the 4,000 fossils we have found confirming it.
God explains too=]

And?

Not the parts about sexism, genocide, slavery, scapegoating, generational punishment, religious punishments, and rape.
None of that existed you read the Bible wrong.

See the response to #18.
Dido

You mean stuff like do not kill and steal. Every religion has those kinds of laws.
And were it come from?

true

Again He does

This assumes God exists.
He does

This assumes God exists.
He does

This assumes God exists.
He does
TheAsylum
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 11:19:48 PM
At 5/30/2012 11:16:19 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Actually the "violence" was ultimately prescribed for defending the universal right to religious freedom, and freedom from oppression. Nonetheless, I have a hard time understanding how someone can attack the Quran on any of its verses and then promote the Bible. It's like saying, "Why would I travel go to Spain during the summer? It's way too hot. I'd rather enjoy the Indian weather!" Not very logical, is it?
Dan4reason
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 11:48:16 PM
At 5/30/2012 11:16:19 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Says who? You? HA

Is there any evidence that they are Mr. Troll?

And?

So just because there is evidence that someone existed does not mean that person did anything supernatural.

3. The Bible.

Why?
Because it is the inspired word of God.

How do you know that?

If I must. Ying/Yang, Good/bad, right/wrong, righteous/evil, north/south, east/west, up/down, left/right, etc.

Just because there are words for right and wrong does not mean these actually exist.

Your point is? That is my reason which is true.

Just because a lot of people believe something does not mean it is true.

Again says you and them, Not me.

The reason you don't say it because you are too lazy to even look up the evidence for abiogenesis. The wiki page gives plenty of evidence right there.

I need no pastors. I prayer to God myself and recieve blessings.

If I prayed to my rock, would good things happen to me?

Islam promotes peace within individuals and if Islam does not work I can always bring up hinduism.

The beauty, The stars and sun, The complex nature, all things are for each other. Much knowledge is in nature as you see things in science all the time.

Beauty is something we impose on nature and so is a product of our brains, which is itself a product of evolution. As mentioned before, evolution shows complexity being developed without a designer.

Jews same thing. So mormons and atheist are close to persecution to jews and christians?

Atheism was once illegal in Europe. Mormons were chased around the US having their houses burnt wherever they went. And no, Judaism is a different religion than Christianity.

Mormons, Muslims, and mystical people like Nostradamus also have so-called "fulfilled" prophecies. Any examples?Jonah predicted Jesus would be born in bethlehem centuries before he was born!

What evidence is there that Jesus was born in Bethlehem?

I know God exist. You assume he doesnt

Nope. I only lack belief in his existence.

Yes it does

Why is that?

Yes it does

Why is that?

Your statement is untrue, egypt, sumer, babylon, china, kemet, persia, india.

Give me some accomplishments from non-white cultures that can even compare to the progress Europe and America has done since the Renaissance.

God explains too=]

Well evolution has evidence from human evolution, God doesn't.

And?

See #2.

None of that existed you read the Bible wrong.

Lets do this one at a time.

See Joshua 10 for the genocide.

See the response to #18.
Dido

Not so much now that you see a verse.

And were it come from?

From human belief.

true

So this is not proof any specific religion is true. So are we down to 24?

Again He does

How do you know that?

This assumes God exists.
He does

How do you now that?

This assumes God exists.
He does

How do you know that?

This assumes God exists.
He does

How do you know that?
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:27:40 AM
Oh heavens to Betsy... what the hell is this crap?

Or you think you do. You have unexplained experiences that you are predisposed to attribute to a higher power.

You mean how it begins with stolen pieces of other regional mythology, skips 30 years, and then ends with more stolen pieces of regional mythology? Also, the biggest event of Jesus' supposed life (the resurrection) was supposed to coincide with earthquakes and other phenomena that aren't recorded by contemporary writers.

3. The Bible.

You do realize you are saying here "I believe in the Bible because of the Bible." Good for you.

So did the Roman god Janus. The cultural archetype of a dichotomy is hardly unique to the Bible.

Yes, they also believed that sin caused physical illness and that the world was flat.

I'm guessing you haven't bothered to open a biology textbook. Pray tell how God created light and dark before he created the stars and sun, the source of the light? Oh, and Genesis 1 and 2 happen to contradict each other on the order of creation.

Even by blindly guessing, you would win on some of these anyway. Furthermore, there is a "prayer bias" - i.e. you pray for an outcome, but also take steps to foster it. In actual testing, prayer shows a mild placebo effect at best.

How did you determine this? You mean you feel peaceful while reading the Bible? The same way you feel peaceful when you listen to music or read poetry...

Such as? The Bible contains almost no knowledge. It does contain useful proverbial advice, but these have nothing to do with religion - it's all common sense that came WAY before the bible.

Witches were also prosecuted. Same with gays. Gypsies, Jews... persecution doesn't mean the Bible is correct.

Such as? There are no real prophecies that have actually come true. Besides this, you can twist virtually any vague prediction to have been fulfilled. And some, like the flight to Egypt, are clearly plagiarized.

Odd though, that God gave you the reason to ask for salvation? The true ascetic priest wounds at the same time as he offers the salve... Plus, once you give up the ridiculous notion of original sin, there's no need for salvation.

OH NO! You mean that there are people with opposing political beliefs and some that are more educated than others??

So... the more people that falsely proscribe to a belief, the more true it is? Also, what do you think Scientology is? Is it therefore true too?

You mean like the Jews? Who only got a nation in 1948 after the Brits gave them one? A nation that was right in the middle of where their enemies lived? Or do you mean like the French, who, while devout believers, have lost virtually every major military engagement they have participated in? Or do you mean nations like those in Scandinavia with high life expectancy, good schools, high GDP's... and lots of atheists?

If there is a designer, he is clearly an idiot. For example, why would you design a biped, but make the feet that it walks on poorly designed to support the weight?

So? Lots of people used to believe in the Greek/Roman gods...

Have you not actually read the Bible? I suggest you read Leviticus. I mean... it's obviously understanding and reasonable to attack a neighboring nation and take their women as your sex slaves.

LOL WUT

No - laws have been founded on morality. The Bible happens to co-opt a lot of common sense moralities.

Again - just go actually read Leviticus.

You mean like when he promised to bring Jacob back from Egypt, but seemed to forget to do so?

But apparently, he likes the smell of burning animal, and if you bring him some animals (the main source of wealth in biblical times) and burn them, he might answer your prayers.

I'm guessing you aren't familiar with the whole lake of fire for the unjust.

Yes - a made up concept. Read some Nietzsche. The only way to convince people to sacrifice things in their short life is to offer them something longer, like eternal happiness.

Did you actually read the Bible? Or did you find this list someplace and copypasta it?
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 1:20:49 AM
At 5/31/2012 12:27:40 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
Oh heavens to Betsy... what the hell is this crap?

Or you think you do. You have unexplained experiences that you are predisposed to attribute to a higher power.

You mean how it begins with stolen pieces of other regional mythology, skips 30 years, and then ends with more stolen pieces of regional mythology? Also, the biggest event of Jesus' supposed life (the resurrection) was supposed to coincide with earthquakes and other phenomena that aren't recorded by contemporary writers.

3. The Bible.

You do realize you are saying here "I believe in the Bible because of the Bible." Good for you.

So did the Roman god Janus. The cultural archetype of a dichotomy is hardly unique to the Bible.

Yes, they also believed that sin caused physical illness and that the world was flat.

I'm guessing you haven't bothered to open a biology textbook. Pray tell how God created light and dark before he created the stars and sun, the source of the light? Oh, and Genesis 1 and 2 happen to contradict each other on the order of creation.

Even by blindly guessing, you would win on some of these anyway. Furthermore, there is a "prayer bias" - i.e. you pray for an outcome, but also take steps to foster it. In actual testing, prayer shows a mild placebo effect at best.

How did you determine this? You mean you feel peaceful while reading the Bible? The same way you feel peaceful when you listen to music or read poetry...

Such as? The Bible contains almost no knowledge. It does contain useful proverbial advice, but these have nothing to do with religion - it's all common sense that came WAY before the bible.

Witches were also prosecuted. Same with gays. Gypsies, Jews... persecution doesn't mean the Bible is correct.

Such as? There are no real prophecies that have actually come true. Besides this, you can twist virtually any vague prediction to have been fulfilled. And some, like the flight to Egypt, are clearly plagiarized.

Odd though, that God gave you the reason to ask for salvation? The true ascetic priest wounds at the same time as he offers the salve... Plus, once you give up the ridiculous notion of original sin, there's no need for salvation.

OH NO! You mean that there are people with opposing political beliefs and some that are more educated than others??

So... the more people that falsely proscribe to a belief, the more true it is? Also, what do you think Scientology is? Is it therefore true too?

You mean like the Jews? Who only got a nation in 1948 after the Brits gave them one? A nation that was right in the middle of where their enemies lived? Or do you mean like the French, who, while devout believers, have lost virtually every major military engagement they have participated in? Or do you mean nations like those in Scandinavia with high life expectancy, good schools, high GDP's... and lots of atheists?

If there is a designer, he is clearly an idiot. For example, why would you design a biped, but make the feet that it walks on poorly designed to support the weight?

So? Lots of people used to believe in the Greek/Roman gods...

Have you not actually read the Bible? I suggest you read Leviticus. I mean... it's obviously understanding and reasonable to attack a neighboring nation and take their women as your sex slaves.

LOL WUT

No - laws have been founded on morality. The Bible happens to co-opt a lot of common sense moralities.

Again - just go actually read Leviticus.

You mean like when he promised to bring Jacob back from Egypt, but seemed to forget to do so?

But apparently, he likes the smell of burning animal, and if you bring him some animals (the main source of wealth in biblical times) and burn them, he might answer your prayers.

I'm guessing you aren't familiar with the whole lake of fire for the unjust.

Yes - a made up concept. Read some Nietzsche. The only way to convince people to sacrifice things in their short life is to offer them something longer, like eternal happiness.

Did you actually read the Bible? Or did you find this list someplace and copypasta it?

YOu seeM to be the one who has read his Bible! Or know anything about real history or Christianity. If you think you do challenge me. If not then you are not.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 1:36:49 AM
Is there any evidence that they are Mr. Troll?

Plenty. To me.

So just because there is evidence that someone existed does not mean that person did anything supernatural.

Does not prove they did not either.

How do you know that?
I read it and understand it.You do not.

Just because there are words for right and wrong does not mean these actually exist.
You are showing that right now.

Just because a lot of people believe something does not mean it is true.
Exzactly like evolution. And it also does not mean it is not true.

The reason you don't say it because you are too lazy to even look up the evidence for abiogenesis. The wiki page gives plenty of evidence right there.
It gives assumptions and calculations. means little to me.

If I prayed to my rock, would good things happen to me?
God is not a rock.

Islam promotes peace within individuals and if Islam does not work I can always bring up hinduism.
Islam wants to kill christians. And commits Jihads.

Beauty is something we impose on nature and so is a product of our brains, which is itself a product of evolution. As mentioned before, evolution shows complexity being developed without a designer.
That is not the way I see and exsperience it.

Atheism was once illegal in Europe. Mormons were chased around the US having their houses burnt wherever they went. And no, Judaism is a different religion than Christianity.
Same God, before Jesus. I am a Israelite.

What evidence is there that Jesus was born in Bethlehem?
Plenty buddy.Plenty.It is well known.

Nope. I only lack belief in his existence.
Word it anyway you like same difference.

Why is that?
People hate people of God and God always have.

Why is that?
Christianity promotes them as a christian and they behave as a christian. But they do not. That helps them in alot of ways.

Give me some accomplishments from non-white cultures that can even compare to the progress Europe and America has done since the Renaissance.
Who is racist?

Well evolution has evidence from human evolution, God doesn't.
Neither does evolution.

And?

Lets do this one at a time.

See Joshua 10 for the genocide.
Want genocide they were hybrida dn fallen angels.Abominatio ns. It says that. Read your Bible buddy.

From human belief.
I rest my case.

So this is not proof any specific religion is true. So are we down to 24?
No cause this a reason for me. Your point?

How do you know that?
How you know he dont?

How do you now that?
How you know he dont?

TheAsylum
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:31:43 AM
At 5/31/2012 1:20:49 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

YOu seeM to be the one who has read his Bible! Or know anything about real history or Christianity. If you think you do challenge me. If not then you are not.

What's the point? It's very clear you know absolutely nothing about the Bible you claim to have read, the history it (often mis-) represents, OR the most basic of scientific notions. Challenge you on what, exactly? The 25 points I just refuted? Or would you care to be picked apart in great detail on any one of them?
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 3:40:38 PM
At 5/31/2012 9:31:43 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 5/31/2012 1:20:49 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

What's the point? It's very clear you know absolutely nothing about the Bible you claim to have read, the history it (often mis-) represents, OR the most basic of scientific notions. Challenge you on what, exactly? The 25 points I just refuted? Or would you care to be picked apart in great detail on any one of them?

Pick ten topics of the Bible. You find it misrepresents. 5 rounds.
TheAsylum
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 4:43:35 PM

You literally experience Him/It?

I believe Jesus existed. Do I think he was really a miracle worker/son of God? No.

3. The Bible.

Prove it's true.

So? What does this have to do with anything?

Argumentum ad populum.

But how can you prove it's true/accurate? Also, how do you know it's REALLY reasonable?

How do you know if they aren't just happenstance?

Wishful thinking.

Prove it.

What does that have to do with anything?

Are they specific prophecies, or vagaries?

It kind of is demanded. What's the price of not "choosing" salvation? Eternal damnation. Not much freedom there.

Explain. Also: So?

What's the relevance here?

You know who also believed in God? Hitler. Bad people and bad nations believed in God too.

But then you run into the infinite regress.

Argumentum ad populum.

What is "reasonable?"

Shall I begin naming some? The age of the earth is the first one that comes to mind. Also, evolution.

So?

So?

How do you know? Furthermore, why are there many different interpretations of His word, then?

Prove He exists, first. Also, so?

Prove e are all guilty. Also, how is the belief that all people are a priori guilty reasonable, or fair?

Wishful thinking.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 4:57:46 PM
At 5/31/2012 4:43:35 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

You literally experience Him/It?

I believe Jesus existed. Do I think he was really a miracle worker/son of God? No.

3. The Bible.

Prove it's true.

So? What does this have to do with anything?

Argumentum ad populum.

But how can you prove it's true/accurate? Also, how do you know it's REALLY reasonable?

How do you know if they aren't just happenstance?

Wishful thinking.

Prove it.

What does that have to do with anything?

Are they specific prophecies, or vagaries?

It kind of is demanded. What's the price of not "choosing" salvation? Eternal damnation. Not much freedom there.

Explain. Also: So?

What's the relevance here?

You know who also believed in God? Hitler. Bad people and bad nations believed in God too.

But then you run into the infinite regress.

Argumentum ad populum.

What is "reasonable?"

Shall I begin naming some? The age of the earth is the first one that comes to mind. Also, evolution.

So?

So?

How do you know? Furthermore, why are there many different interpretations of His word, then?

Prove He exists, first. Also, so?

Prove e are all guilty. Also, how is the belief that all people are a priori guilty reasonable, or fair?

Wishful thinking.

We do not have to agree. You can not verify that no of these are false. So, Your problems are?
TheAsylum