Total Posts:48|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Personal Experience

Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2009 9:28:43 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Who here has had enjoyed or indeed suffered a blatant (i.e. not just a vague sensation of something) personal experience that would normally be put down to being of a religious, spiritual, occult, or 'magical' explanation?

And would you care to elaborate on it?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2009 9:36:23 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
I've had an OBE (outer body experience). To claridy, OBE's are defined as curious, and usually brief experiences in which a person's consciousness seems to depart from his or her body, enabling observation of the world from a point of view other than that of the physical body and by means other than those of the physical senses. Thus, an out-of-the-body experience can initially be defined as 'an experience in which a person seems to perceive the world from a location outside his physical body.'

I had them several times in high school. I was terrified and didn't know what the hell it was until a friend of mine witnessed it and explained them to me. I thought it was ridiculous and complete BS. Now that I know more (biology, psychology, physics, philosophy) I think it was awesome that I got to experience it. My gf had one as well while tripping on acid. She was freaked out, but we had the same exact experience and that's definitely what it was. It's pretty interesting stuff for those open-minded enough to delve into the world of science and possibility instead of just dismissing it as spiritual hullabaloo.
President of DDO
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2009 9:44:34 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
During the OBE did you acquire any information that you would not ordinarily be able to... and did you manage to verify this?

Yes I am being skeptical, but I am also open to such a possibility.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2009 9:49:59 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Nope. I would panic and pray (LOL I was super religious once upon a time!). Looking back, I wish I could experience that again - I would make much better use of the opportunity. I was with my gf when she was having hers, so I tried to talk her through it and ask if she could go outside the room, etc. Apparently she went outside at one point... dunno how much of that I believe -- you'll have to ask her!

http://www.debate.org...
President of DDO
Logical-Master
Posts: 2,538
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2009 10:22:00 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/13/2009 9:28:43 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Who here has had enjoyed or indeed suffered a blatant (i.e. not just a vague sensation of something) personal experience that would normally be put down to being of a religious, spiritual, occult, or 'magical' explanation?

And would you care to elaborate on it?

Instances I was in a completely rational state of mind, have experienced more than once and have had ample opportunity to observe:


-Objects moving by themselves
-appliance turning on without being plugged into the wall
-Teleporting objects (as in something being in one place, only for it to be in another a second after having been placed into the initial space)
- Being struck by something which I could not see.


Instances that I am a little skeptical of since I wasn't necessarily in a rational state of mind or couldn't prove I was:


- Out of Body Experience (it occured a decade ago and it could've been a dream)
-Seeing the shadow of a human figure rushing out my garage after the door from the house to the garage area had opened by itself
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2009 10:53:47 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Strange, L-M. How would you explain those things that you have seen?

Seems the OBE is the most experienced phenomenon. I have experienced this twice, both times I was hallucinating. Once was intended (AMT), the other time was not (extasy). I swore off hallucinogens after my first and only trip, but it would seem that the specific kind of extasy pill we took had a hallucinogen included (much to my dismay).

It felt as though I was both conscious and asleep. I hated it. I think that the second one was brought on because I was in the process of going to sleep (and thus still semi-conscious) and could still hear some friends downstairs talking. I think my mind built a picture of what it thought I should be seeing if I had been in the room. Neither were very fun experiences and I wouldn't want to repeat them.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2009 11:01:53 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Interesting stuff people.

For my own part I have had one experience that may have been a OBE, but was more likely to be a dream. I was very stressed at the time and may have listened/witnessed into a conversation that directly related to my stress, and could have realistically occured but for various reasons I chose not to attempt to verified what I heard. So that is dismissable.

And I did see see a friend, for several seconds, standing in my hallway as clear as day, when upon later investigation he was actually several hundred miles away! As nothing interesting was happening (e.g. he was not dying or anything) I will chalk that down to a freak sober hallucination.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
patsox834
Posts: 406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2009 2:14:10 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I have weird experiences such as the one's listed daily. I don't care about them, though -- the "experiences" that interest me the most are dreams. I'm an intense lucid dreamer. It's to the point where I can even manipulate time within these dreams, so I can prolong them or make them short.

Come to think of it, there isn't a whole lot I can't do when I'm dreaming.
tmhustler
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2009 9:13:35 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
the oddest experience i ever had was a few years me and my family went camping. we had all gone to sleep then we all woke up at the same time{3:26} and sat around the camp fire for several minutes like in a daze until I asked why everyone else had woke up. we all woke up because we each had a dream of an old women dressed in white saying its time to wake up
latest debate http://www.debate.org...
purpose of education only 3 votes so far
Harlan
Posts: 1,880
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2009 12:02:49 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
The first lucid dream that I had impacted me on a very deep level. For weeks afterward I felt lofty and detached from reality, and I still feel nostalgic yearning for it. It made me view reality in a very different way. If any single experience has changed me significantly, it is definitely that.

It wasn't the actual dream itself, but more the moment wherein I discovered and embraced that I was asleep and dreaming.

I have had several conscious dreams since, but I have not fully recaptured that elation which came the first time I had one, probably because I am more accustomed to it.
AnimeFanTony
Posts: 1,129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2009 6:57:44 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
That is not necessarily true. For example whilst on the Isle of Patmos I'm sure John experienced something like what they went through. This later became the book of Revelations. God may be trying to get ahold of them.
I hate when people start with the "OMG IT"S DEMONS!!!!" thing.
Ownership of this account has been transferred from JCMT to I-am-a-panda.
Updates of the next JCMT puppet account pending.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2009 9:33:08 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/15/2009 6:30:01 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
All of this stuff is DEMONIC and should be kept WELL CLEAR OF.

Actually this thread is partly inspired by your claim of divine revelation!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2009 10:21:18 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/15/2009 6:30:01 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
All of this stuff is DEMONIC and should be kept WELL CLEAR OF.

Right... because it's NOT demonic when God audibly speaks to you... how do you know these aren't cases of God actually interacting with other people? Do you think you're the only person God would deign to talk to?
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2009 4:54:58 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/15/2009 10:21:18 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 8/15/2009 6:30:01 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
All of this stuff is DEMONIC and should be kept WELL CLEAR OF.

Right... because it's NOT demonic when God audibly speaks to you... how do you know these aren't cases of God actually interacting with other people? Do you think you're the only person God would deign to talk to?

No, I'm one of MANY. And when it's God you KNOW it!
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2009 5:17:35 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Well, as far as I'm aware, God currently has a bit of a hands-off policy on the world, so if he were going to try to get through to someone, I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't just up and reveal himself; if he did, that would probably affect that whole 'free will' thing, since we would no longer be believing by faith; so, no, you wouldn't 'know' if it was God; you might have absolute faith that it was, but He would have deliberately designed things so that you wouldn't know; in layman's terms, you're wrong. :)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2009 1:00:49 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/17/2009 4:54:58 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 8/15/2009 10:21:18 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 8/15/2009 6:30:01 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
All of this stuff is DEMONIC and should be kept WELL CLEAR OF.

Right... because it's NOT demonic when God audibly speaks to you... how do you know these aren't cases of God actually interacting with other people? Do you think you're the only person God would deign to talk to?

No, I'm one of MANY. And when it's God you KNOW it!

But the people that 'know' God spoke to them all disagree on what he said? Either God is a bit of a prankster or some of them are wrong!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2009 4:32:30 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 8/17/2009 1:00:49 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/17/2009 4:54:58 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 8/15/2009 10:21:18 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 8/15/2009 6:30:01 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
All of this stuff is DEMONIC and should be kept WELL CLEAR OF.

Right... because it's NOT demonic when God audibly speaks to you... how do you know these aren't cases of God actually interacting with other people? Do you think you're the only person God would deign to talk to?

No, I'm one of MANY. And when it's God you KNOW it!

But the people that 'know' God spoke to them all disagree on what he said? Either God is a bit of a prankster or some of them are wrong!


DATC is right, demonic spirit can, and have caused, mainly young people to commit suicide!

However I have had the Holy Spirit enter into my once dead spirit. By accepting Jesus.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2009 5:02:05 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/17/2009 4:32:30 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 8/17/2009 1:00:49 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/17/2009 4:54:58 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 8/15/2009 10:21:18 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 8/15/2009 6:30:01 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
All of this stuff is DEMONIC and should be kept WELL CLEAR OF.

Right... because it's NOT demonic when God audibly speaks to you... how do you know these aren't cases of God actually interacting with other people? Do you think you're the only person God would deign to talk to?

No, I'm one of MANY. And when it's God you KNOW it!

But the people that 'know' God spoke to them all disagree on what he said? Either God is a bit of a prankster or some of them are wrong!


DATC is right, demonic spirit can, and have caused, mainly young people to commit suicide!

However I have had the Holy Spirit enter into my once dead spirit. By accepting Jesus.

There is no consistency.

One guy spoke to God united the tribes of Arabia and went forth to conquer.
One guy spoke to God and decided that Jesus spread the word to South America.
One guy spoke to God and murdered his family.

So whats up with that?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
heart_of_the_matter
Posts: 408
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2009 11:51:54 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Yes I have had some blatant spiritual experiences...

I had some near death experiences - not the "in the hospital" kind, but rather the kind where people are pulling guns on you...things got weird during those times...I felt and experienced some things that were not of this world as one normally experiences them....

After that, I received a revelation from God where He revealed to me that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He was crucified for the sins of the world....

in addition to those experiences I also received a vision showing me which church to join....

after joining the Church I received numerous additional spiritual confirmations (including other visions)

There are many other things that happened to me and I wrote down about 66 pages of events in a journal which I still have. I typed in many parts of it to share with a member here on DDO actually...and I still have a copy of it in my files if anyone would be interested in reading more about it and some of the details...
================================
just a couple of comments on other things too...I also learned that that the devil is real and that there are evil spirits that exist....so not necessarily every revelation a person receives is from God...which can explain a lot of spiritual phenomenon...

As far as the experiences being different (telling people to do different things)...as salvation is such an important thing...there is a way to know for yourself what is going on and so you don't have to take anyone else's word for what is going on...A person may receive personal revelation from God (ask and ye shall receive...Matt. 7:7)(if any one lack wisdom let him ask of God, who giveth liberally - James 1:5)...then a person will know for themself and not have to rely on the testimony of another person....in fact a person can only endure on borrowed light for so long anyway...a person really does need to KNOW for themself....if another person's testimony leads a person to believe and experiment upon the word though and start to exercise faith...that is a good thing.

To address another point about free will ...if a person asks for it --then God is not violating their free will...
so pretty much it comes down to...Do you want to know? and Have you asked God for a witness to you of His reality? (also you can ask God any other important questions...for ex: what church is His...)
-------------------
also I don't mean to come off as sounding self righteous or want people to think I am very righteous ...because I am not...in fact it is worse if you have much light and knowledge and are not living up to what you know is right....I'm trying to do as best I can though...but I know there are a lot of things in my life that need to be changed....
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2009 6:23:21 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/17/2009 5:02:05 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/17/2009 4:32:30 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 8/17/2009 1:00:49 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/17/2009 4:54:58 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 8/15/2009 10:21:18 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 8/15/2009 6:30:01 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
All of this stuff is DEMONIC and should be kept WELL CLEAR OF.

Right... because it's NOT demonic when God audibly speaks to you... how do you know these aren't cases of God actually interacting with other people? Do you think you're the only person God would deign to talk to?

No, I'm one of MANY. And when it's God you KNOW it!

But the people that 'know' God spoke to them all disagree on what he said? Either God is a bit of a prankster or some of them are wrong!


DATC is right, demonic spirit can, and have caused, mainly young people to commit suicide!

However I have had the Holy Spirit enter into my once dead spirit. By accepting Jesus.

There is no consistency.

One guy spoke to God united the tribes of Arabia and went forth to conquer.
One guy spoke to God and decided that Jesus spread the word to South America.
One guy spoke to God and murdered his family.

So whats up with that?

One of the attributes of the Holy spirit is discernment: Also, IF the voice contradicts the Bible it's NOT from God.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2009 6:26:14 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/17/2009 11:51:54 PM, heart_of_the_matter wrote:
Yes I have had some blatant spiritual experiences...
Mormonism
Christian* or Cult?#
Mormonism, known as The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (with headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah -- a state that is now 70% Mormon), was officially founded in 1830 by Joseph Smith Jr. (1805-1844). Smith claimed to have had a personal visit from God the Father at the age of 15, who introduced him to Christ.1 Jesus then supposedly told him not to join any church because they were all wrong and all the Christian church's doctrines "were an abomination" (Joseph Smith -- History 19, Pearl of Great Price). After Smith's murder in 1844, Brigham Young took the cult to Utah, where there is now a major University named after him, and the number of Mormons exceed one million. The Mormon Church currently claims about 11 million baptized members worldwide (5.2 million U.S., ranking it 5th among the largest 25 U.S. denominations), up from about 2.5 million in 1970. 1970. Over the last decade, nearly 300,000 individuals over the age of eight have joined the Mormon Church every year. Membership is expected to grow to over 23 million over the next two decades. It is growing fastest in Latin America and Asia. Official publications include Church News, a weekly 16-page newspaper, and the Ensign, a monthly magazine.

The Mormon Church collects at least $6 billion a year from its members, and generates at least another $5 billion in sales from its various business enterprises; total church assets exceed $30 billion. (At least 100 companies are controlled by the Mormon Church, and some estimate its total annual revenues in excess of $20 billion! The church also owns 18 radio stations in the U.S.) Part of the Church's income goes to operate an elaborate internal welfare system so its members avoid any governmental assistance. The Mormon Church also has a 58,000-plus missionary force working in more than 160 nations in 102 languages. The Church's Provo, Utah, 26-acre Missionary Training Center receives 500 new missionaries a week into its 3-9 week intensive missionary training program. (All boys, once they turn 19, are expected to dedicate two years of their lives to missionary service.) Fielding missionaries is a $500 million per year effort and currently reaps more than 300,000 new converts each year. Nevertheless, only about 46% of Mormons attend a church meeting at least once a month. (The clean-cut image that Mormons have attained has been a major factor in the attractiveness of the Mormon Church to outsiders. They are forbidden to drink coffee, tea, and alcoholic beverages, and use tobacco products.)

The Mormon church (LDS) is organized so that one prophet leads the church. Beneath the prophet in authority is the Council of the Twelve Apostles. A third group of men are called the First and Second Councils of the Seventy. All of these men together are called the General Authorities. Local churches are called Wards or Stake Centers and meet for worship in what the Mormons call "meetinghouses." The Temples are not for worship, but are used for ceremonies for the living and the dead. Less than ten percent of all LDS members are allowed to enter these structures.

As of year-end 2002, there were 114 operating temples of Mormondom worldwide, with another 14 under construction or approved (albeit less elaborate than the 50 temples in existence at the end of 1997). (Approximately 65,000 members must be in an immediate area to qualify for a temple.) Temples are required for Mormon marriages and for proxy baptisms of ancestors. Most people assume Mormon temples are places of worship. This is not true. Only secret, occult rituals for the living and the dead are performed there, and Mormons think they must perform them to have eternal life. It is tragic that over eleven million Mormons think they need secret handshakes, oaths, incantations, and rituals, which originated in occultic Scottish Rite Freemasonry, in order to be with God in heaven! (In the final years of Joseph Smith Jr.'s life, he became a "worshipful master" in the Masonic Lodge.)

For more go to:http://www.rapidnet.com...
The Cross.. the Cross.
ToastOfDestiny
Posts: 990
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2009 6:57:55 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Not appreciated, DAT. Please actually visit a Mormon church before you condemn them. I'm fairly sure you'd be surprised.

I've a friend who is Mormon, and SURPRISE, lives in a monogamous household. He was a really nice guy.
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2009 7:38:44 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/18/2009 6:57:55 AM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:
Not appreciated, DAT. Please actually visit a Mormon church before you condemn them. I'm fairly sure you'd be surprised.

I've a friend who is Mormon, and SURPRISE, lives in a monogamous household. He was a really nice guy.

What has being a nice guy to do with ANYTHING?
Mormonism is a CULT: They teach that Christ is created.. among other heresies.
You cannot even finish our argument so kindly stay out of other peoples.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2009 8:59:04 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/18/2009 7:38:44 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 8/18/2009 6:57:55 AM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:
Not appreciated, DAT. Please actually visit a Mormon church before you condemn them. I'm fairly sure you'd be surprised.

I've a friend who is Mormon, and SURPRISE, lives in a monogamous household. He was a really nice guy.

What has being a nice guy to do with ANYTHING?
Mormonism is a CULT: They teach that Christ is created.. among other heresies.
You cannot even finish our argument so kindly stay out of other peoples.

It is no more a cult than the Church of England or the Jehovahs Witnesses. But far less than the Amish.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2009 9:01:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/18/2009 8:59:04 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/18/2009 7:38:44 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 8/18/2009 6:57:55 AM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:
Not appreciated, DAT. Please actually visit a Mormon church before you condemn them. I'm fairly sure you'd be surprised.

I've a friend who is Mormon, and SURPRISE, lives in a monogamous household. He was a really nice guy.

What has being a nice guy to do with ANYTHING?
Mormonism is a CULT: They teach that Christ is created.. among other heresies.
You cannot even finish our argument so kindly stay out of other peoples.

It is no more a cult than the Church of England or the Jehovahs Witnesses. But far less than the Amish.

The church of England has many problems.. being a cult is not one of them.
The voice you are listening to is leading you straight to hell.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 12:28:16 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
The church of England has many problems.. being a cult is not one of them.
The voice you are listening to is leading you straight to hell.

Why do you always assume we are crazy like you?
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
regebro
Posts: 1,152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 12:58:00 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/25/2009 12:28:16 AM, Rob1Billion wrote:
The church of England has many problems.. being a cult is not one of them.
The voice you are listening to is leading you straight to hell.

Why do you always assume we are crazy like you?

Judging others based on yourself is a common mistake. Took me many, many years to get over that, and realize that other people simply do not work or think like I do. It's normal, because it's hard to understand how others think, so you tend to assume that everyone thinks in the same way.
So prove me wrong, then.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 2:35:46 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/24/2009 9:01:07 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 8/18/2009 8:59:04 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/18/2009 7:38:44 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 8/18/2009 6:57:55 AM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:
Not appreciated, DAT. Please actually visit a Mormon church before you condemn them. I'm fairly sure you'd be surprised.

I've a friend who is Mormon, and SURPRISE, lives in a monogamous household. He was a really nice guy.

What has being a nice guy to do with ANYTHING?
Mormonism is a CULT: They teach that Christ is created.. among other heresies.
You cannot even finish our argument so kindly stay out of other peoples.

It is no more a cult than the Church of England or the Jehovahs Witnesses. But far less than the Amish.

The church of England has many problems.. being a cult is not one of them.
The voice you are listening to is leading you straight to hell.

I don't hear voices, (well apart from the normal ones that I am meant to), and there is no theological basis for hell in christianity.

But thanks for using your religious bigotry to derail the thread.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
regebro
Posts: 1,152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 3:19:22 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/24/2009 9:01:07 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
The church of England has many problems.. being a cult is not one of them.

That is definitely true. Heck, they even have priests who admit that they do not believe in God.

Cake or death?
So prove me wrong, then.