To Christians who....

the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 7:24:48 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/14/2009 7:09:55 AM, GodSands wrote:
Think they are Christians who are not Christian at all.

(Christianity is not a religion)

----------------

I found some parts of the video slightly misleading. but it projects a biblical message I feel many people may miss

I enjoyed hearing the biblical words "few there be that find it"

------------------------------------o O---^5---
twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 8:08:58 AM
Actually religion is not really an accurate term. Followers of Christ were called Christians first at Antioch according to scripture.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:07:58 AM

correct! it's divine truth... and simply the rational way of looking at the world.

following christ is just a conscious decision people make when they honestly look at the world.

Religion is sillyness.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:20:14 AM
Think they are Christians who are not Christian at all.

Yes...I just realized that it's actually an ice cream flavor. Thanks for enlightening me.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:26:42 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but christianity is a religion.

Do you go to church? Worship? Have rituals? Then yeah, christianity is a religion.
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:30:29 AM
At 8/19/2010 9:26:42 AM, tkubok wrote:

Do you go to church? Worship? Have rituals? Then yeah, christianity is a religion.

Maybe it's a person's name? That's it! Christian is a person's name! So my friend I've been calling Chris all these years is actually Christian! Oh joy!
WOS
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:35:57 AM
At 8/19/2010 9:30:29 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:

Maybe it's a person's name? That's it! Christian is a person's name! So my friend I've been calling Chris all these years is actually Christian! Oh joy!

stop mocking.

Christianity is Embracing the Light/the Truth that is Jesus Christ. Following christ is a rational choice made when you look openly at the world.

Atheism is refusing to think positively. Even Atheist believe in Jesus... they just don't think positivley.

and Religion is listening to false gods/fallen angels.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:47:56 AM
At 8/19/2010 9:35:57 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
stop mocking.

Christianity is Embracing the Light/the Truth that is Jesus Christ. Following christ is a rational choice made when you look openly at the world.
An argument that has never been followed through, sadly.
Atheism is refusing to think positively. Even Atheist believe in Jesus... they just don't think positivley.
Again, an argument that has never been followed through properly.

And its sort of hard to determine if atheists are the ones who are not thinking positively, when Christians believe in Hell, a place of eternal torment and pain, which you are sent to by the whim of a creator.

Piff. This is becoming repetative. Read above. But thanks for saying what every other religion has claimed about Christianity.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:52:07 AM
At 8/19/2010 9:47:56 AM, tkubok wrote:
stop mocking.

An argument that has never been followed through, sadly.
Again, an argument that has never been followed through properly.

And its sort of hard to determine if atheists are the ones who are not thinking positively, when Christians believe in Hell, a place of eternal torment and pain, which you are sent to by the whim of a creator.

Piff. This is becoming repetative. Read above. But thanks for saying what every other religion has claimed about Christianity.

lol

Metaphysics:
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 10:00:09 AM
stop mocking.
He started. You make a stupid statement, and you'll receive stupid comments.

Christianity is Embracing the Light/the Truth that is Jesus Christ. Following Christ is a rational choice made when you look openly at the world.
That's really cute, but WTF does that have to do with Christianity not being a religion? If anything, it is evidence that it is!

Atheism is refusing to think positively.
This one's from the Colo-Rectal dictionary, right? Personally, I don't like pulling things out of my bum, but then again, I don't put things up there either. Try this definition: "a disbelief in the existence of deity" -mw

Even Atheist believe in Jesus... they just don't think positively.
Huh? First of all, enough with your double speak. An atheist does NOT believe in Jesus in the way a Christian does; he may not believe in Jesus at all! Some might think that he was just a man that had some good ideas. Some may think that he never existed and was just made up; either way, this is STARKLY different than the belief that Jesus is God incarnate.

Boy, you sure got a lot things lodged up your butt! My advice is to pull them all out and through them away. Then get yourself a Merriam Websters dictionary and go from there. Religion: "the service and worship of God or the supernatural" -mw
WOS
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 10:06:44 AM
At 8/19/2010 10:00:09 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
stop mocking.
He started. You make a stupid statement, and you'll receive stupid comments.

Christianity is Embracing the Light/the Truth that is Jesus Christ. Following Christ is a rational choice made when you look openly at the world.
That's really cute, but WTF does that have to do with Christianity not being a religion? If anything, it is evidence that it is!

do you believe in trains.. that's like belief in Jesus.

Following Jesus is like if you hop on the train b/c realize it's traveling where you want to go.

Try this definition: "a disbelief in the existence of deity" -mw

Negative thinking... like I said.

Some may think that he never existed and was just made up

Even Scientists believe in jesus

Boy, you sure got a lot things lodged up your butt! My advice is to pull them all out and through **you don't know how to spell** them away. Then get yourself a Merriam Websters dictionary and go from there. Religion: "the service and worship of God or the supernatural" -mw

you sure you've ever looked at a dictionary?

plus... the people who put the definition in the dictionary prolly weren't walking in the light.

LIKE YOU.

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 10:11:19 AM
thank you for this thread Godsands.

Metaphysics:
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 10:15:44 AM
At 8/19/2010 10:06:44 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Following Jesus is like if you hop on the train b/c realize it's traveling where you want to go.
Yeah, except that you cant see, smell, hear, or touch the train, and if you tell people you are riding on a train, they will think you are mentally disabled.

Truly a shame that all you could respond to against my comment is "Lol", as ive addressed this before.

Even Scientists believe in jesus
Even scientists believe in Muhammad

Even scientists believe in Vishnu

Even scientists believe in Xenu

Your point?
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 10:18:13 AM
At 8/19/2010 10:16:39 AM, tkubok wrote:
Wish we could have actual christians here to reply against these problems >_>

you think they'd do better??

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 10:20:03 AM
At 8/19/2010 10:18:13 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Dammit!

I just realized the correct answer was:

I sincerely follow Christ Jesus with all my heart. That IS what an actual Christian is.

Metaphysics:
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 10:21:54 AM
At 8/19/2010 10:18:13 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Id be more satisfied, atleast. :(

Youve ruined my mental masterbation moment!!!
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 10:30:28 AM

--------------

Interesting definition, here's mine.

A Christian is a person who trusts and relies solely on the blood of Jesus for their salvation,
They have no need to add anything of their own works to be saved, not one prayer, not one church meeting, water baptism, worship, keep commandment,fast,have charity, repent of sin, etc...
A Christian does nothing to save him/her self, this is a gift in it's truest form.

--------------------------------o O---^5---
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 10:47:20 AM
At 8/19/2010 10:30:28 AM, the-good-teacher wrote:

A Christian is a person who trusts and relies solely on the blood of Jesus for their salvation,
They have no need to add anything of their own works to be saved, not one prayer, not one church meeting, water baptism, worship, keep commandment,fast,have charity, repent of sin, etc...
A Christian does nothing to save him/her self, this is a gift in it's truest form.

Wow.

See:

Psalm 62:12
Proverbs 10:16
Jeremiah 17:10
Ezekiel: 18:27
Matthew 5:20, 12:37, 16:27, 19:17, 25:42, 25:45,
John 5:29
Romans 2:6, 2:13
2 Corinthians 5:10, 11:15
Philippians 2:12
James 2:14, 2:17, 2:21-25
1 Peter 1:17
Revelation 2:23, 20:12-13, 22:14
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 10:49:58 AM
At 8/19/2010 10:47:20 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:

Wow.

See:

some passages of the bible are metaphorical

Metaphysics:
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 10:57:39 AM

Wow.

See:

-------------

I know every one of the above scriptures, none of which teach "they have to be obeyed for salvation" meaning "the gift of grace" is not about "how we perform", it's about "how Jesus performed for us".

------------------------------------o O---^5----
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 11:03:56 AM
At 8/19/2010 10:06:44 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
Uh, no. When someone says "do you believe in Jesus" or "are you a Christian" they are asking if you believe if Jesus is God incarnate. Stop equivocating.

Uh no, because by your rational, one cannot follow Jesus cause He's dead. Even if we remove your equivocation, you are still incorrect.

Try this definition: "a disbelief in the existence of deity" -mw
While you might think yourself a mind reader, I am not. Just because you think that "negative thinking" has some special meaning, does not mean the rest of the world does.

Some may think that he never existed and was just made up
Even Scientists believe in Jesus
Many scientists do, some do not. Many scientists are theists, many are not.

Boy, you sure got a lot of things lodged up your butt! My advice is to pull them all out and through **you don't know how to spell** them away. Then get yourself a Merriam Websters dictionary and go from there. Religion: "the service and worship of God or the supernatural" -mw
That's your response? After all the actual misspellings and failure to capitalize Jesus' name you're going to tell me about spelling? First of all, it is not a spelling error it is a homophone error, as I spelled the word through correctly. I should have used throw instead. However, you missed the fact that I also missed the word "of" as well. Pathetic.

you sure you've ever looked at a dictionary?
Only an idiot would ask that question AFTER I cut & pasted dictionary entries that he has supposedly read.

plus... the people who put the definition in the dictionary prolly weren't walking in the light.
You "prolly" never used a dictionary...never mind, I'm certain of it!

BTW, you wouldn't know the light if it hit you right in the face!
WOS
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 11:07:03 AM
At 8/19/2010 10:57:39 AM, the-good-teacher wrote:
I know every one of the above scriptures, none of which teach "they have to be obeyed for salvation" meaning "the gift of grace" is not about "how we perform", it's about "how Jesus performed for us".

Right. Keep telling yourself that.
WOS
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 11:13:31 AM
At 8/19/2010 11:03:56 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
. However, you missed the fact that I also missed the word "of" as well. Pathetic.
You "prolly" never used a dictionary...never mind, I'm certain of it!

lol

thanks again Godsands!

Metaphysics:
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 11:17:56 AM
At 8/19/2010 11:07:03 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:

Right. Keep telling yourself that.

----------------

I'll tell more than myself !

Rom 6:14,"For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace".

Rom 11:6, "And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace.[a] But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work".

Eph 2:8&9 "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, - 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast".

---------------------------------o O--^5 ---
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 11:23:25 AM

--------------

Interesting definition, here's mine.

--------------------------------o O---^5---

Oh thats perfect!

So a mass murderer who rapes children, and believes in Christ and trusts solely on the blood of Jesus Christ for his salvation, is a christian? GREAT!

So youve basically just thrown out 99% of the bible.
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 11:27:13 AM

Wow.

See:

Obviously not...

Matt 19:17b - "but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

Matt 25:45-46 - "Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."

Both of these very clearly involve If -> Then reasoning. They can be described respectively as:

E -> C
~W -> ~E

Or in layman's terms,

If you are to have eternal life, you will keep the commandments.
If you do not do works, you will not have eternal life.

The equivalents of which are:

If you do not keep the commandments, you are not to have eternal life.
If you have eternal life, you did works.

To argue that these are not requirements is to argue that the Bible says something is VERY CLEARLY does no.