Jump to topic:

An interesting fact on King David.

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 6:38:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Sha'ul was one year into his reign—he reigned over Yisraél for two years" (Sh'muél Alef 13:1)

Because King David was king at age 30 (Sh'muél Beit 5:4) and he killed goliath in the first year of king Saul. (ibid) Christian "translations" make it seem that he was less than 15 years old but he must have been 28 or 29 years old.

Matthew Henry places David at 20; but that is STILL WAY OFF of the chronology.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 1:16:18 PM
At 6/7/2012 6:38:40 AM, Microsuck wrote:
"Sha'ul was one year into his reign—he reigned over Yisraél for two years" (Sh'muél Alef 13:1)

Because King David was king at age 30 (Sh'muél Beit 5:4) and he killed goliath in the first year of king Saul. (ibid) Christian "translations" make it seem that he was less than 15 years old but he must have been 28 or 29 years old.

I never thought David was a young boy, but just a small man.. i supposed the language used, paints picture of a boy, but i think it makes more sense that he was in his 20's.

What translation are you referring to, that mention him being 15 yrs old?
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 1:22:29 PM
"Christian "translations" make it seem that he was less than 15 years old"

^ ^ ^ You'd need a couple of references for that. I'm not saying it's not true, but I do not see how a "translation" can "make it seem" a certain way, on something as specific as this, without out-right saying it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 1:23:05 PM
They typically think that because they do not want to face actual giants. Goliath was over ten feet tall. David could have 6 foot and still been very small. I agree David was with age 28 and became King at 30. Also been thinking about this. Everyone alive is descended from David. He had hundreds to thousands of wvies and mistresses and so did solomon. They populated the world today.
TheAsylum
Reason_Alliance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 1:42:02 PM

I think David was written about from later generations... no problem there. The Bible isn't a newspaper.
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 5:37:46 PM
At 6/7/2012 1:42:02 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:

I think David was written about from later generations... no problem there. The Bible isn't a newspaper.

this is correct. Most of the traditional authorship is demonstratably false.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler