Total Posts:77|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Religious differences

ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 12:20:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Topic here is to find religious differences and simliarities.

Ill start the topic off with a specific subject: Marriage.

Please apply your religion: Christianity-

My belief on marriage is:
1. You should be married to have sex.(I have broke this one)
2. Different sex marriage.(No same sex)
3. Man should be the head. (But in any relationship, the woman rules the house, the man rules only when the women needs him too.) I firmly believe men and women are equal but when it comes to foot down decisions the man should rule in a realtionship.
4. You should not get divorced.
5. You should only be with one woman.(your wife)
6. Marriage is only confirmed if ordained by God and a preist,preacher of God.(Not courts and laws)
7. Marriage is needed to be the image of God.

Thanks these are a breif summary of my view on this topic.

This does not have to be the only topic anyone may post a topic in whatever religion.
TheAsylum
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 12:38:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 12:20:34 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Topic here is to find religious differences and simliarities.

Ill start the topic off with a specific subject: Marriage.

Please apply your religion: Christianity-

My belief on marriage is:
1. You should be married to have sex.(I have broke this one)
2. Different sex marriage.(No same sex)
3. Man should be the head. (But in any relationship, the woman rules the house, the man rules only when the women needs him too.) I firmly believe men and women are equal but when it comes to foot down decisions the man should rule in a realtionship.
4. You should not get divorced.
5. You should only be with one woman.(your wife)
6. Marriage is only confirmed if ordained by God and a preist,preacher of God.(Not courts and laws)
7. Marriage is needed to be the image of God.

Thanks these are a breif summary of my view on this topic.

This does not have to be the only topic anyone may post a topic in whatever religion.

Well, I'm not sure what "marriage is only confirmed" means, but I assume you mean God must ordain (approve of) it AND some preacher or priest must do the same. Is this correct?

And #7, a person can be "in the image of God" without ever being married.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 12:53:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 12:38:23 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/8/2012 12:20:34 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Topic here is to find religious differences and simliarities.

Ill start the topic off with a specific subject: Marriage.

Please apply your religion: Christianity-

My belief on marriage is:
1. You should be married to have sex.(I have broke this one)
2. Different sex marriage.(No same sex)
3. Man should be the head. (But in any relationship, the woman rules the house, the man rules only when the women needs him too.) I firmly believe men and women are equal but when it comes to foot down decisions the man should rule in a realtionship.
4. You should not get divorced.
5. You should only be with one woman.(your wife)
6. Marriage is only confirmed if ordained by God and a preist,preacher of God.(Not courts and laws)
7. Marriage is needed to be the image of God.

Thanks these are a breif summary of my view on this topic.

This does not have to be the only topic anyone may post a topic in whatever religion.

Well, I'm not sure what "marriage is only confirmed" means, but I assume you mean God must ordain (approve of) it AND some preacher or priest must do the same. Is this correct?

And #7, a person can be "in the image of God" without ever being married.

I agree

#7 God made man in his image- God created man and woman- God's image is male and female- hence the Holy Ghost- God the Son- Why they are equal- God the father is not complete without God the Holy ghost and God the Son was birthed by them both- Jesus was the firstborn creation. So I say Man needs a woman to be complete. This is the whole basis of marriage to combine Man and Woman.(In 1 Flesh)As God is.
TheAsylum
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 1:29:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 12:20:34 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

My belief on marriage is:
1. You should be married to have sex.(I have broke this one)

Everyone does. It's cool. God understands.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 1:40:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 1:29:33 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 6/8/2012 12:20:34 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

My belief on marriage is:
1. You should be married to have sex.(I have broke this one)

Everyone does. It's cool. God understands.

You half right.No He doesnt. But He forgives if you truely ask him too.
TheAsylum
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 1:45:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 1:40:17 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 6/8/2012 1:29:33 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 6/8/2012 12:20:34 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

My belief on marriage is:
1. You should be married to have sex.(I have broke this one)

Everyone does. It's cool. God understands.

You half right.No He doesnt. But He forgives if you truely ask him too.

Wait, I thought he understood everything. I need a refund on this damned book.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 1:48:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 1:45:55 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 6/8/2012 1:40:17 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 6/8/2012 1:29:33 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 6/8/2012 12:20:34 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

My belief on marriage is:
1. You should be married to have sex.(I have broke this one)

Everyone does. It's cool. God understands.

You half right.No He doesnt. But He forgives if you truely ask him too.

Wait, I thought he understood everything. I need a refund on this damned book.

How can He understand sin when He has no sin? He understand what sin is. And punishes it. He forgives man of sin because man can not help but sin. But that does not mean He understands the reasons why we sin cause He has never had sin to know it.
TheAsylum
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 1:55:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 1:48:25 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 6/8/2012 1:45:55 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 6/8/2012 1:40:17 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 6/8/2012 1:29:33 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 6/8/2012 12:20:34 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

My belief on marriage is:
1. You should be married to have sex.(I have broke this one)

Everyone does. It's cool. God understands.

You half right.No He doesnt. But He forgives if you truely ask him too.

Wait, I thought he understood everything. I need a refund on this damned book.

How can He understand sin when He has no sin? He understand what sin is. And punishes it. He forgives man of sin because man can not help but sin. But that does not mean He understands the reasons why we sin cause He has never had sin to know it.

I was obviously teasing at first but this is getting interesting. God doesn't understand why we sin? God doesn't understand temptation and human weakness? Whoa! This has resounding implications concerning God's omniscience and his own restrictions regarding human admittance into heaven, wouldn't you say?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:46:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 1:55:25 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 6/8/2012 1:48:25 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 6/8/2012 1:45:55 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 6/8/2012 1:40:17 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 6/8/2012 1:29:33 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 6/8/2012 12:20:34 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

My belief on marriage is:
1. You should be married to have sex.(I have broke this one)

Everyone does. It's cool. God understands.

You half right.No He doesnt. But He forgives if you truely ask him too.

Wait, I thought he understood everything. I need a refund on this damned book.

How can He understand sin when He has no sin? He understand what sin is. And punishes it. He forgives man of sin because man can not help but sin. But that does not mean He understands the reasons why we sin cause He has never had sin to know it.

I was obviously teasing at first but this is getting interesting. God doesn't understand why we sin? God doesn't understand temptation and human weakness? Whoa! This has resounding implications concerning God's omniscience and his own restrictions regarding human admittance into heaven, wouldn't you say?

Oh, good grief. Jesus was tempted in all points, i. e. in every way - with appeals to every desire - as are we, yet remained without sin. So Jesus knows full well what it's like to be tempted to sin: He didn't give in to it, but certainly understands it, and thus serves as our mediator.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:49:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 12:53:17 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 6/8/2012 12:38:23 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/8/2012 12:20:34 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Topic here is to find religious differences and simliarities.

Ill start the topic off with a specific subject: Marriage.

Please apply your religion: Christianity-

My belief on marriage is:
1. You should be married to have sex.(I have broke this one)
2. Different sex marriage.(No same sex)
3. Man should be the head. (But in any relationship, the woman rules the house, the man rules only when the women needs him too.) I firmly believe men and women are equal but when it comes to foot down decisions the man should rule in a realtionship.
4. You should not get divorced.
5. You should only be with one woman.(your wife)
6. Marriage is only confirmed if ordained by God and a preist,preacher of God.(Not courts and laws)
7. Marriage is needed to be the image of God.

Thanks these are a breif summary of my view on this topic.

This does not have to be the only topic anyone may post a topic in whatever religion.

Well, I'm not sure what "marriage is only confirmed" means, but I assume you mean God must ordain (approve of) it AND some preacher or priest must do the same. Is this correct?

And #7, a person can be "in the image of God" without ever being married.

I agree

#7 God made man in his image- God created man and woman- God's image is male and female- hence the Holy Ghost- God the Son- Why they are equal- God the father is not complete without God the Holy ghost and God the Son was birthed by them both- Jesus was the firstborn creation. So I say Man needs a woman to be complete. This is the whole basis of marriage to combine Man and Woman.(In 1 Flesh)As God is.

I have no idea what you mean. It seems as though you are claiming that the Spirit and the Son are created beings. That sounds more like Jehovah's Witnesses stuff - or is hinting kinda towards it. Also, man does not need woman to be "complete." If so, the apostle Paul was incomplete. Married or single, we are to be "complete" in Christ - not in our spouses.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:54:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 2:49:40 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/8/2012 12:53:17 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 6/8/2012 12:38:23 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/8/2012 12:20:34 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Topic here is to find religious differences and simliarities.

Ill start the topic off with a specific subject: Marriage.

Please apply your religion: Christianity-

My belief on marriage is:
1. You should be married to have sex.(I have broke this one)
2. Different sex marriage.(No same sex)
3. Man should be the head. (But in any relationship, the woman rules the house, the man rules only when the women needs him too.) I firmly believe men and women are equal but when it comes to foot down decisions the man should rule in a realtionship.
4. You should not get divorced.
5. You should only be with one woman.(your wife)
6. Marriage is only confirmed if ordained by God and a preist,preacher of God.(Not courts and laws)
7. Marriage is needed to be the image of God.

Thanks these are a breif summary of my view on this topic.

This does not have to be the only topic anyone may post a topic in whatever religion.

Well, I'm not sure what "marriage is only confirmed" means, but I assume you mean God must ordain (approve of) it AND some preacher or priest must do the same. Is this correct?

And #7, a person can be "in the image of God" without ever being married.

I agree

#7 God made man in his image- God created man and woman- God's image is male and female- hence the Holy Ghost- God the Son- Why they are equal- God the father is not complete without God the Holy ghost and God the Son was birthed by them both- Jesus was the firstborn creation. So I say Man needs a woman to be complete. This is the whole basis of marriage to combine Man and Woman.(In 1 Flesh)As God is.

I have no idea what you mean. It seems as though you are claiming that the Spirit and the Son are created beings. That sounds more like Jehovah's Witnesses stuff - or is hinting kinda towards it. Also, man does not need woman to be "complete." If so, the apostle Paul was incomplete. Married or single, we are to be "complete" in Christ - not in our spouses.

Jesus was created. Holy Ghost was not. The Bible says Jesus was created. And yes for a man to be complete He needs to be married with a woman. That does not mean you do not need Jesus or can not be saved. Just means God created us as him to be joined in marriage.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:58:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago

I was obviously teasing at first but this is getting interesting. God doesn't understand why we sin? God doesn't understand temptation and human weakness? Whoa! This has resounding implications concerning God's omniscience and his own restrictions regarding human admittance into heaven, wouldn't you say?

I knew you were. But My point was God has never sinned and neither has Jesus therefore they have never knew what it is to sin and have the desire too.

Example: A person who does not use drugs doesnt understand what it is like to be addict. The get tempted to use but still do not know addiction.

This is the same. Does this take away from God? No. It shows even more than no unpure thought has ever been in God. If He knew about sin and how sin was then He would of thought inpure thoughts. As men do. I have no doubt God knows the temptations of men but to experience them He doesnt. And hince A drug addict is a ddict because he knows the drug makes him feel high.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 3:04:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have no idea what you mean. It seems as though you are claiming that the Spirit and the Son are created beings. That sounds more like Jehovah's Witnesses stuff - or is hinting kinda towards it. Also, man does not need woman to be "complete." If so, the apostle Paul was incomplete. Married or single, we are to be "complete" in Christ - not in our spouses.

KJV-R (Webster) Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, eventhe forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they bethrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
TheAsylum
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 8:22:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 2:58:56 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

I was obviously teasing at first but this is getting interesting. God doesn't understand why we sin? God doesn't understand temptation and human weakness? Whoa! This has resounding implications concerning God's omniscience and his own restrictions regarding human admittance into heaven, wouldn't you say?

I knew you were. But My point was God has never sinned and neither has Jesus therefore they have never knew what it is to sin and have the desire too.

Example: A person who does not use drugs doesnt understand what it is like to be addict. The get tempted to use but still do not know addiction.

This is the same. Does this take away from God? No. It shows even more than no unpure thought has ever been in God. If He knew about sin and how sin was then He would of thought inpure thoughts. As men do. I have no doubt God knows the temptations of men but to experience them He doesnt. And hince A drug addict is a ddict because he knows the drug makes him feel high.

In other words, what Scotty is saying is you can have knowledge of what drugs can do, but, you never fully experience the effects of drugs unless you take them. God has the knowledge of sin but, He can never fully experience the effects of sin because...He cannot sin.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 9:05:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 12:20:34 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Topic here is to find religious differences and simliarities.

Ill start the topic off with a specific subject: Marriage.

Please apply your religion: Christianity-

My belief on marriage is:
1. You should be married to have sex.(I have broke this one)

Do you think that there should be an actively-enforced law against premarital sex?

2. Different sex marriage.(No same sex)
3. Man should be the head. (But in any relationship, the woman rules the house, the man rules only when the women needs him too.) I firmly believe men and women are equal but when it comes to foot down decisions the man should rule in a realtionship.

Don't want to open this can of worms at the moment.

4. You should not get divorced.

Do you think divorce should be illegal?

5. You should only be with one woman.(your wife)
6. Marriage is only confirmed if ordained by God and a preist,preacher of God.(Not courts and laws)
7. Marriage is needed to be the image of God.

Then why does marriage almost seem to be "looked down upon" in certain places in the Bible? 1 Corinthians 7:8-9, 1 Corinthians 7:18-28, 1 Corinthians 7:28, etc. Those verses make it sound like you should only really marry if (a) you can't control your urges, or (b) you were already married when you became a Christian. I'm not saying marriage is a sin, but certain verses make it look not preferable so I don't understand where conservative Christians who tend to read the Bible very literally in almost every place tend to get this idea that the Bible says marriage is the ideal state.


Thanks these are a breif summary of my view on this topic.

This does not have to be the only topic anyone may post a topic in whatever religion.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 9:14:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Complementarianism = patriarchy. There's my controversial statement for the day.

*wanders off*
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 9:19:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I messed up my numbers, but regarding my (a) and (b)...

(a)
"8 Now to the unmarried[a] and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. 9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion."

(b)
"26 Because of the present crisis, I think that it is good for a man to remain as he is. 27 Are you pledged to a woman? Do not seek to be released. Are you free from such a commitment? Do not look for a wife."
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 9:20:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 9:14:05 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
Complementarianism = patriarchy. There's my controversial statement for the day.

*wanders off*

THAT'S the word. I was trying to remember what it was. I was thinking supplementarianism and I couldn't find anything on it. Ugh.
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 10:14:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 3:04:23 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
I have no idea what you mean. It seems as though you are claiming that the Spirit and the Son are created beings. That sounds more like Jehovah's Witnesses stuff - or is hinting kinda towards it. Also, man does not need woman to be "complete." If so, the apostle Paul was incomplete. Married or single, we are to be "complete" in Christ - not in our spouses.

KJV-R (Webster) Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, eventhe forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they bethrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Jesus Christ was not a "created being", and the passage does not so teach. I told you: your posts sound like silly Jehovah's Witnesses propaganda: such may not be intentional, but that's exactly what they try to say. "Firstborn of every creature" does not mean He (the Son) was "created."
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 10:44:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 2:58:56 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
I knew you were. But My point was God has never sinned and neither has Jesus therefore they have never knew what it is to sin and have the desire too.

God knows what sin is but doesn't know what it's like to sin? Being omniscient God would know all things; so, either God knows what it's like to sin or God is not all-knowing. You can't have it both ways.
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 11:07:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 8:22:31 AM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 6/8/2012 2:58:56 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

I was obviously teasing at first but this is getting interesting. God doesn't understand why we sin? God doesn't understand temptation and human weakness? Whoa! This has resounding implications concerning God's omniscience and his own restrictions regarding human admittance into heaven, wouldn't you say?

I knew you were. But My point was God has never sinned and neither has Jesus therefore they have never knew what it is to sin and have the desire too.

Example: A person who does not use drugs doesnt understand what it is like to be addict. The get tempted to use but still do not know addiction.

This is the same. Does this take away from God? No. It shows even more than no unpure thought has ever been in God. If He knew about sin and how sin was then He would of thought inpure thoughts. As men do. I have no doubt God knows the temptations of men but to experience them He doesnt. And hince A drug addict is a ddict because he knows the drug makes him feel high.

In other words, what Scotty is saying is you can have knowledge of what drugs can do, but, you never fully experience the effects of drugs unless you take them. God has the knowledge of sin but, He can never fully experience the effects of sin because...He cannot sin.

Correct! He experiences sin through His creation and what He sees them do. Not cause He does it.
TheAsylum
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 11:09:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 11:07:28 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 6/8/2012 8:22:31 AM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 6/8/2012 2:58:56 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

I was obviously teasing at first but this is getting interesting. God doesn't understand why we sin? God doesn't understand temptation and human weakness? Whoa! This has resounding implications concerning God's omniscience and his own restrictions regarding human admittance into heaven, wouldn't you say?

I knew you were. But My point was God has never sinned and neither has Jesus therefore they have never knew what it is to sin and have the desire too.

Example: A person who does not use drugs doesnt understand what it is like to be addict. The get tempted to use but still do not know addiction.

This is the same. Does this take away from God? No. It shows even more than no unpure thought has ever been in God. If He knew about sin and how sin was then He would of thought inpure thoughts. As men do. I have no doubt God knows the temptations of men but to experience them He doesnt. And hince A drug addict is a ddict because he knows the drug makes him feel high.

In other words, what Scotty is saying is you can have knowledge of what drugs can do, but, you never fully experience the effects of drugs unless you take them. God has the knowledge of sin but, He can never fully experience the effects of sin because...He cannot sin.

Correct! He experiences sin through His creation and what He sees them do. Not cause He does it.

(: Cookie please!
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 11:11:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago

Do you think that there should be an actively-enforced law against premarital sex?

A personnel one yes.



Do you think divorce should be illegal?

To ones self.


Then why does marriage almost seem to be "looked down upon" in certain places in the Bible? 1 Corinthians 7:8-9, 1 Corinthians 7:18-28, 1 Corinthians 7:28, etc. Those verses make it sound like you should only really marry if (a) you can't control your urges, or (b) you were already married when you became a Christian. I'm not saying marriage is a sin, but certain verses make it look not preferable so I don't understand where conservative Christians who tend to read the Bible very literally in almost every place tend to get this idea that the Bible says marriage is the ideal state.

God looks down on marriage when two ungodly people are together or a person for God marries a ungodly person(which hurts faith.)
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 11:12:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 10:14:28 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/8/2012 3:04:23 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
I have no idea what you mean. It seems as though you are claiming that the Spirit and the Son are created beings. That sounds more like Jehovah's Witnesses stuff - or is hinting kinda towards it. Also, man does not need woman to be "complete." If so, the apostle Paul was incomplete. Married or single, we are to be "complete" in Christ - not in our spouses.

KJV-R (Webster) Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, eventhe forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they bethrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Jesus Christ was not a "created being", and the passage does not so teach. I told you: your posts sound like silly Jehovah's Witnesses propaganda: such may not be intentional, but that's exactly what they try to say. "Firstborn of every creature" does not mean He (the Son) was "created."

What does it mean then?
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 11:13:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 10:44:15 AM, s-anthony wrote:
At 6/8/2012 2:58:56 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
I knew you were. But My point was God has never sinned and neither has Jesus therefore they have never knew what it is to sin and have the desire too.

God knows what sin is but doesn't know what it's like to sin? Being omniscient God would know all things; so, either God knows what it's like to sin or God is not all-knowing. You can't have it both ways.

God does not know what it is like to sin.
Do you think knows what it is like, to rape? or steal? or be evil period?
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 11:14:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 10:44:15 AM, s-anthony wrote:
At 6/8/2012 2:58:56 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
I knew you were. But My point was God has never sinned and neither has Jesus therefore they have never knew what it is to sin and have the desire too.

God knows what sin is but doesn't know what it's like to sin? Being omniscient God would know all things; so, either God knows what it's like to sin or God is not all-knowing. You can't have it both ways.

I fullt will agree with God does not know some things as :A SINFUL NATURE.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 11:17:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is a disucssion. Though I communitcate with God alot. I do not know everything or does He allow me too. I have my own message as all you do. This is a open debate.
TheAsylum