cbrhawk1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 4:06:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.fakeposters.com...

Text in pic:
Unborn Baby 1: There's a life after birth? Do you believe in mom?
Unborn Baby 2: I don't believe in those things, I'm atheist. I mean, have you ever seen mom?
"All science is 'wrong.'" ~ drafterman
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 5:14:26 AM
At 6/8/2012 4:06:24 AM, cbrhawk1 wrote:

Text in pic:
Unborn Baby 2: I don't believe in those things, I'm atheist. I mean, have you ever seen mom?

This is stupid, because it can be used for anything. I mean, have you actually seen Marsha the 10 foot tall Alien? No? I guess he must exist then, because we are just too ignorant to acknowledge Marsha.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 5:20:11 AM
Also, I believe in Gravity and Oxygen yet I have never seen either of them. If your theory is that Atheists don't believe in x because we have not seen x, then why do I believe in Gravity and Oxygen? Also, I have never seen Jupiter with my own eyes, yet I believe it exists.

So ya, not "seeing" God definitely is not the reason I do not believe in God (I'm sure most Atheists feel the same way regarding their position). Thus, this thread was a fail.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 6:33:56 AM

Text in pic:

It's funny because they don't believe in something that most people accept as true!

Assuming babies had the capacity for that kind of thinking, and ignoring their access to other stimuli (hearing their mother, for example) they'd still be justified, if not correct, in not believing in a "mother"

Ok, so you assert atheism is factually incorrect. Now demonstrate that we still aren't justified in our atheism.
KeytarHero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 8:54:11 AM
At 6/8/2012 6:33:56 AM, drafterman wrote:

Text in pic:

It's funny because they don't believe in something that most people accept as true!

Assuming babies had the capacity for that kind of thinking, and ignoring their access to other stimuli (hearing their mother, for example) they'd still be justified, if not correct, in not believing in a "mother"

Ok, so you assert atheism is factually incorrect. Now demonstrate that we still aren't justified in our atheism.

Just like Atheists don't believe in something most people accept as true. :)

That being said, I agree that the OP is dumb (not trying to be mean, I just don't think it's a good argument, trying to show that unborn children wouldn't believe in "mom" if they had the mental faculties to reason).
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 1:51:51 AM
At 6/8/2012 8:54:11 AM, KeytarHero wrote:
At 6/8/2012 6:33:56 AM, drafterman wrote:

Text in pic:

Just like Atheists don't believe in something most people accept as true. :)

That being said, I agree that the OP is dumb (not trying to be mean, I just don't think it's a good argument, trying to show that unborn children wouldn't believe in "mom" if they had the mental faculties to reason).

Just because its popular, doesnt mean its true. The public can be really uneducated sometimes. :)
cbrhawk1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 1:57:08 AM
At 6/8/2012 5:20:11 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Also, I believe in Gravity and Oxygen yet I have never seen either of them. If your theory is that Atheists don't believe in x because we have not seen x, then why do I believe in Gravity and Oxygen? Also, I have never seen Jupiter with my own eyes, yet I believe it exists.

So ya, not "seeing" God definitely is not the reason I do not believe in God (I'm sure most Atheists feel the same way regarding their position). Thus, this thread was a fail.

I'm just saying why atheists don't believe. I never said one time that atheists were consistent in their reasoning.
cbrhawk1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 1:59:43 AM

You're justified to think in any you want as allowed by God, but it doesn't make you right.
cbrhawk1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 2:07:26 AM
On the posters in this thread in general:
I don't think anyone grasped the true intent of what I posted. In fact, some of you even took what was posted as literally, without even looking at the underlying meaning.

This post was really made for three reasons:
#1 -- It is light humor. This isn't meant to be a strong and sound argument. Sure, rebuke it, but don't take it so literally or like it's trying to be smart.

#2 - It shows that the stupidity of atheist thinking is just as bad as certain ritual practices and beliefs that are constantly posted about on this site.

#2 -- It shows the difference between people who can know of things outside of their perceptive limits (Universe/womb), and those who can't know or don't want to know.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 2:14:36 AM
At 6/9/2012 2:07:26 AM, cbrhawk1 wrote:
I don't think anyone grasped the true intent of what I posted. In fact, some of you even took what was posted as literally, without even looking at the underlying meaning.

#1 -- It is light humor. This isn't meant to be a strong and sound argument. Sure, rebuke it, but don't take it so literally or like it's trying to be smart.

#2 - It shows that the stupidity of atheist thinking is just as bad as certain ritual practices and beliefs that are constantly posted about on this site.

#2 -- It shows the difference between people who can know of things outside of their perceptive limits (Universe/womb), and those who can't know or don't want to know.

First of all, you put two 2's.

Secondly, the fact that you wrote #2, shows that you think that the argument made in the picture is actually valid.

Thirdly, the argument isnt valid, and infact, its the opposite, its stupid to think that there is something that exists outside when it hasnt been demonstrated yet.

Fourthly, no, athiests can and do think about what exists outside our realm, our universe, our reality. But thinking about it, and accepting it as true, are two different things.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 2:37:38 AM

Text in pic:

Am I the only one who thought this was funny? Sheesh, I forgot laughter's not allowed on the religion forum.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 5:59:51 AM

How does it do that?

How does it do that?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 6:00:32 AM
At 6/9/2012 1:59:43 AM, cbrhawk1 wrote:

You're justified to think in any you want as allowed by God, but it doesn't make you right.

No, that's not what justification means.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 7:27:55 AM
At 6/9/2012 3:49:08 AM, Kinesis wrote:
This kinda reminds me of this story: http://galactanet.com...

If you haven't read it, I recommend it, cause it's kinda mindblowing.

Eh, read it on the creepypasta wiki; wasn't THAT mind blowing lol
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Susej12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 8:10:20 AM

Even if all of what you're saying is true this by no means implies the christian god that you believe in.
cbrhawk1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 1:58:40 PM
First of all, you put two 2's.

I'm aware. don't worry, I'm sure you were the first one to notice.

Secondly, the fact that you wrote #2, shows that you think that the argument made in the picture is actually valid.

Again, you didn't even understand what I wrote. There is a lot of light humor that goes on from the atheist side to the christian side through silly pictures and demotivational posters. My goal is to say that there is a ton of stupidity that ca be pointed out toward atheists as well. I never said it was a sound argument. Even the atheist posters and images are not sound arguments, but they seek humor by making Christians look stupid. Well, here's one that makes atheists look stupid.

Thirdly, the argument isnt valid, and infact, its the opposite, its stupid to think that there is something that exists outside when it hasnt been demonstrated yet.

Well, the mother hasn't demonstrated herself to the babies either. It's exactly what this silly picture is pointing out.

Fourthly, no, athiests can and do think about what exists outside our realm, our universe, our reality. But thinking about it, and accepting it as true, are two different things.

You don't think about it, because you think about the outside of the Universe using the things inside of the Universe (laws of physics, gravity, etc...). Therefore, you really aren't thinking about outside of the Universe, just trying to extend he Universe itself.

The root of causality of which only the God witnessed by countless billions and by 85% of the current population is the only possibility is the thing you are unable to see for yourself. You don't hear those voices and see the signs that, for example, baby 1 observes when he hears voices, and wonders what is supplying him with life.
cbrhawk1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 2:03:06 PM
Am I the only one who thought this was funny? Sheesh, I forgot laughter's not allowed on the religion forum.

I agree. I posted this to be a humorous smack in the face of atheists without any serious intent to stir up a big argument. I laughed at it when I saw it.

I wasn't tempted to come on this site until I found it, and when I did, I had to share it to see what kind of a reaction it would get.

See? I can look at one of those pictures making fun of the Bible and Godand laugh at it. I have absolutely no problem laughing at myself Christians, or God aslong as things are kept in perspective. I tend to have a thick skin, I guess. Most people who love God share this thick skin (at least, I'd like to think).

So, it's amazing that a simple picture that isn't even very insulting toward atheists comes along, and here they come with an incredibly defensive attitude toward it. It's just amazing, and it really does show that atheists aren't as confident in what they think as their front makes people think.
cbrhawk1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 2:05:01 PM
How does it do that? (make atheists look stupid)

Baby 1 witnesses the mother and takes the sounds and experiences he has seriously. Baby 2 just denies everything until he sees it for himself.

How does it do that?

Above.
cbrhawk1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 2:06:45 PM
Even if all of what you're saying is true this by no means implies the christian god that you believe in.

Never said that this implies God.

God is implied by the countless billions who have seen and experienced him, and is implied by strong logical arguments.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 2:19:27 PM
At 6/9/2012 3:49:08 AM, Kinesis wrote:
This kinda reminds me of this story: http://galactanet.com...

If you haven't read it, I recommend it, cause it's kinda mindblowing.

lol that was a dope little dialogue.. pretty interesting.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 3:04:25 PM
At 6/9/2012 2:05:01 PM, cbrhawk1 wrote:
How does it do that? (make atheists look stupid)

Baby 1 witnesses the mother and takes the sounds and experiences he has seriously. Baby 2 just denies everything until he sees it for himself.

The first part isn't in the picture. So, how does it do that again?

How does it do that?

Above.

Above.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 3:14:02 PM
I never said it was a sound argument.
Well, here's one that makes atheists look stupid.

So, a poor theist argument makes atheists look stupid. Usually, sound theist arguments make atheists look stupid, and poor theist arguments make theists look stupid. These two statements by you are contradictory.
cbrhawk1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 4:38:56 PM
At 6/9/2012 3:14:02 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I never said it was a sound argument.
Well, here's one that makes atheists look stupid.

So, a poor theist argument makes atheists look stupid. Usually, sound theist arguments make atheists look stupid, and poor theist arguments make theists look stupid. These two statements by you are contradictory.

"poor" and "unsound" are two different things in arguments. You're using them interchangeably.

It's not sound because, taken by itself, it doesn't provide much information. But, it's also not a poor argument because it brings up a great point that, with more information added, does make some atheist arguments sound stupid.
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 5:02:00 PM
inb4 hippocampus not even functioning in the womb.
Using fetuses to exhibit atheist thought is a terrible example. Your analogy is bad and you should feel bad.
turn down for h'what
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 6:21:06 PM
At 6/9/2012 5:02:00 PM, Aaronroy wrote:
Using fetuses to exhibit atheist thought is a terrible example. Your analogy is bad and you should feel bad.

+1
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 6:28:49 PM
At 6/9/2012 5:02:00 PM, Aaronroy wrote:

But he won't feel bad. Because, to him, it's obvious. And it's hard to justify believing in something that is merely self-evident to someone for whom it isn't self evident.

It requires thorough introspection and criticial thinking to discern what the underlying principles there are to that belief, or to determine if there even are such underlying principles, and then convey those principles to the non-believer as well as explaining why those principles should result in belief.

It's much easier to just make fun of atheists for something that is clearly out of our control (we don't control what is obvious to us. It is either obvious or it isn't)
SuburbiaSurvivor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 7:02:35 PM
Haha, parodies are never accurate.
"I'm going to tell you something that you're never going to forget, SuburbiaSurvivor. Women... Are just human beings"
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 7:35:25 PM

Text in pic:

Not sure how old you are, but whatever the case may be, I would recommend you never use this analogy again. It makes you seem like "the smart bus" kid. Religion is taught, and babies don't think. If this was told to you, and it struck a chord, then you are a moron.