Jump to topic:

God is not real

K.GKevinGeary
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 9:22:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
God just exists for ppl so when lil Johnny gets run over by a car, he's in heaven happy. God just exists for people who need a flash light on the graveyard shift, but the dark will eventually envelop the person when the battery dies. The battery is a human religion. Religion is a means to protect the person literarly from their end. Considering for many folks- the end is scary.
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 9:43:02 PM
I love the smell of strawmen in the morning.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 9:56:24 PM
At 6/11/2012 9:22:30 PM, K.GKevinGeary wrote:
God just exists for ppl so when lil Johnny gets run over by a car, he's in heaven happy. God just exists for people who need a flash light on the graveyard shift, but the dark will eventually envelop the person when the battery dies. The battery is a human religion. Religion is a means to protect the person literarly from their end. Considering for many folks- the end is scary.

How nice, an atheist who doesn't know what they are talking about.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 9:59:01 PM
This guy won't last long.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 9:59:39 PM
Same old shyt NEXT!
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 10:00:55 PM
At 6/11/2012 9:56:24 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

Kinda refreshing. Crazy theists were cool, but then they went mainstream.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 10:10:09 PM
At 6/11/2012 10:00:55 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 6/11/2012 9:56:24 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

Kinda refreshing. Crazy theists were cool, but then they went mainstream.

lol :)
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 10:10:48 PM
At 6/11/2012 9:59:55 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Hey, I have never been run over by a car!

It was a bus.

I thought of you as soon as I read Johnny.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 11:07:09 AM
At 6/12/2012 10:22:02 AM, K.GKevinGeary wrote:
lol, hey its just my own philosophy.

And its a suckish philosophy. When you put your own philosophy on a website, expect criticism. Honestly, you just straw manned the entire Christian position (there are hundreds more conceptions on god.)
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 1:36:52 PM

This doesn't in any way even attempt to debunk the actual arguments for God's existence. What does this say about the modal or Kalam cosmological arguments? Nothing.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 1:45:23 PM

If you think that things which exist only as mental concepts can still be considered "real" then I ask that you conduct the following experiment.

1. Give me all your tangible money.
2. Pay for something with the "real" concept of money in your mind.

Let me know how that works out.
K.GKevinGeary
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 2:16:45 PM
Posted: 3 hours ago

And its a suckish philosophy. When you put your own philosophy on a website, expect criticism. Honestly, you just straw manned the entire Christian position (there are hundreds more conceptions on god.)

Indeed being critiqued is no problem, and you are correct. My thought here had to do with jesus and all the foogazis that follow jesus's b.s. My looks are on western religion and can be suckish indeed, but its still a point of view that I have. I live in the affluent.

How many wars have been fought over a distinct god? How much blood spilled.

Wars over all the hundreds of gods that exist?

My god has a pink nose, mine a blue nose, its all b.s. Lets launch the next 30 years war.

in a sense my stance is religions are causing more harm than good for overall humanity and the progression of one species- that being humans.
K.GKevinGeary
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 2:30:41 PM
It does not say much about the first cause. The infinite critique by J.L. Mackie is something that refutes this whole idea that if something exists it had a cause to existing... I was stating that God is not real, not that i am not open minded to a point of view that points to God but God is not real. What is real? def= Actually existing as a thing or occuring in a fact. God is not a fact for everyone. The idea of God causes harm due to all these gods. Even for the people who have strongs beliefs in a God, its not coercive or a fact for myself or even the bearer of the ideal.
SovereignDream
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 6:58:24 PM
At 6/12/2012 2:16:45 PM, K.GKevinGeary wrote:

Indeed being critiqued is no problem, and you are correct. My thought here had to do with jesus and all the foogazis that follow jesus's b.s. My looks are on western religion and can be suckish indeed, but its still a point of view that I have. I live in the affluent.

My god has a pink nose, mine a blue nose, its all b.s. Lets launch the next 30 years war.

in a sense my stance is religions are causing more harm than good for overall humanity and the progression of one species- that being humans.

You're right. Atheist regimes have helped pave the path of progress for humanity. Aye, allow us to remember the cuddly Pol Pot or the lovely Stalin! Or even the kind Mao!

If people "believe in God" to "feel happy," then people likewise chose to assert that God does not exist merely to escape the guilt of a moral law and to ease their amoral minds by hoping that they won't be judged for their evils when their life meets their end.
K.GKevinGeary
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 7:24:28 PM
"You're right. Atheist regimes have helped pave the path of progress for humanity. Aye, allow us to remember the cuddly Pol Pot or the lovely Stalin! Or even the kind Mao!"

"If people "believe in God" to "feel happy," then people likewise chose to assert that God does not exist merely to escape the guilt of a moral law and to ease their amoral minds by hoping that they won't be judged for their evils when their life meets their end."

So is that all that comes with the territory of a religion? It is just to feel happy that jesus is touching my soul enternally, etc. I think alot more comes with the territory of religion. Take the IRA -that was Catholic at its prime against the English who were fundamentally protestant. So Mao can be brought in but what about the other guys? The everyday folks. Sociologicaly humans effect one and other. Therefore religions rub one and other. Islamophobia, Christianophobia, Hatred towards Isareli. I get it keep on fighting it out in jihad and partcipate in raising jihad at the local church/synagoe/Waterfall, w.e. I state raise the war for people feeding mainstream religions. Sure the Tao exists and an alcoholics higher power and so forth. The distinctions of God create not only a state of mind of peace (if someone really obtains that call me up) but also a state of mind of conflict. So the Stalin is also in the Nun.
K.GKevinGeary
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 9:32:04 PM
1. "If people "believe in God" to "feel happy," then2. people likewise chose to assert that God does not exist merely to escape the guilt of a moral law and to ease their amoral minds by 3. hoping that they won't be judged for their evils when their life meets their end."

1. So people believe in god to feel happy. Im just going off of the statement and what happens to the likewise individual.
2. So folks who do not believe in God are immoral, are trying to escape sins (i have over 100,000 sins) and too ease the mind. People that believe in God are then moral by your account, judging that it is an anynotm of folks who lack a god. People who have god know they will be judged. Or do they just pretend they know. Maybe it says it in the bible so it has to be true? that seems like b.s. There is plenty of folks who do not have a god or turned against a faith for their beliefs or reasons, and they seem like moral folks. Its not hard to find a person who does not believe in god but follows laws natural or state, and seems like a good person.
3. Can you proove that something will judge evils? no there is nothing authentic about god other then someone's validation of beliefs in god, conception, existence etc. how do you know what happens when someones life meets an end. Mine just symbolizing darkness, or void, could be more persuasive then lil johny running around heaven skipping i love you and WWJD in bright sunshiine.
Theres no right or wrong. My personal belief is not right nor wrong. Someone believing in the Tao is not right or wrong either. I can think the Tao is stupidish but that would qualify myself as an ignoranamus for not be peering to that person who has a believe in the tao. A person who believes in the Tao must also be folks who are amoral due to them coming back recarinateed as a snakes left eye. not. They do not have a believe that some thing is going to say -hey whats up ready to get judged for your sins.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 9:34:53 PM

You're right. Atheist regimes have helped pave the path of progress for humanity. Aye, allow us to remember the cuddly Pol Pot or the lovely Stalin! Or even the kind Mao!

Like you, Stalin, Pot and Mao were also ahindu, amuslim, ajewish, and abudist. These guy were not driven by atheism to commit these crimes, like some people are to commit crimes in the name of religion.

If people "believe in God" to "feel happy," then people likewise chose to assert that God does not exist merely to escape the guilt of a moral law and to ease their amoral minds by hoping that they won't be judged for their evils when their life meets their end.

People don't "choose" to not believe, they just don't believe. Religion can cause people do feel good about doing wrong things such as discriminating against homosexuals, not using birth control, mistreating women, genital mutilation and terrorism. People warp their image of God to fit their own personal view, and this stops them from questioning their actions.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 9:55:06 PM
Dude, religion doesn't make people commit atrocities and neither does a lack of religion. That's dogma and State power. When people are both so entrenched in their ideology that they refuse to consider the possibility that they may be wrong, coupled with the control of the State and its massive amount of power...that is when you have people like Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, Mao, Castro, Pinochet, etc.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 10:11:26 PM
At 6/12/2012 9:32:04 PM, K.GKevinGeary wrote:
1. "If people "believe in God" to "feel happy," then2. people likewise chose to assert that God does not exist merely to escape the guilt of a moral law and to ease their amoral minds by 3. hoping that they won't be judged for their evils when their life meets their end."

1. So people believe in god to feel happy. Im just going off of the statement and what happens to the likewise individual.
2. So folks who do not believe in God are immoral, are trying to escape sins (i have over 100,000 sins) and too ease the mind. People that believe in God are then moral by your account, judging that it is an anynotm of folks who lack a god. People who have god know they will be judged. Or do they just pretend they know. Maybe it says it in the bible so it has to be true? that seems like b.s. There is plenty of folks who do not have a god or turned against a faith for their beliefs or reasons, and they seem like moral folks. Its not hard to find a person who does not believe in god but follows laws natural or state, and seems like a good person.
3. Can you proove that something will judge evils? no there is nothing authentic about god other then someone's validation of beliefs in god, conception, existence etc. how do you know what happens when someones life meets an end. Mine just symbolizing darkness, or void, could be more persuasive then lil johny running around heaven skipping i love you and WWJD in bright sunshiine.
Theres no right or wrong. My personal belief is not right nor wrong. Someone believing in the Tao is not right or wrong either. I can think the Tao is stupidish but that would qualify myself as an ignoranamus for not be peering to that person who has a believe in the tao. A person who believes in the Tao must also be folks who are amoral due to them coming back recarinateed as a snakes left eye. not. They do not have a believe that some thing is going to say -hey whats up ready to get judged for your sins.

If you were a real bater you'd debate on it...
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 10:27:19 PM
As an agnostic I feel as though this question is important, but neither side shall win. I understand the theist and the atheist but I do have one question I have never had answered before and I was wondering what everyone else thinks.

How do you disprove the metaphysical (literally meaning beyond physics) with the physical? I mean lets face it, the crusades - for example - does NOT in fact disprove God but only shows human stupidity.

I take neither side, this is a question I have yet to have answered and was looking for the input from others

Thank you for your time!
Thank you for voting!
K.GKevinGeary
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 10:27:58 PM
Well i am a real debater but not a good one. I am a real reader and a good one. I like to state i am a good judge but thats up for criticism because my cold logic might not always be ice.

But anyways becasue you mentioned what is real anyhoos. Perhaps you are not real. The face you put on infront of your significant other might be differnet than the face you put on infront of your kids. The face you put on this website is different then when you meet up with a friend, etc. Humans put on different faces to meet other faces. Therefore everyone is fake who atleast as contact with human beings other than themselves.

So being called a fake debater is fine because what are you then? the realist living? no.

In reality i am a inexperienced debater, but i would not care to debate w.e. the issue to do some reading to grow. I am alive so i assume i am real in living and real on a website right now, perhaps im not but that would also imply your fraudelent due to you typing in the same box as i, probally with a brain, perhaps hands, breathing etc.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 10:35:20 PM
At 6/12/2012 6:58:24 PM, SovereignDream wrote:

What about the lovely Catholic Hitler? Two can play at this game...
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 10:37:20 PM
At 6/12/2012 6:58:24 PM, SovereignDream wrote:

Also, Pol Pot was a buddhist. Please, learn your history....
Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 10:37:42 PM

The OP is a joke. The restraint and perseverance it takes to follow all the commands and restrictions of Allah is not a crutch, but one who is following the most perfect path with all its trials and tribulations. The path of the Muslim is the most difficult path especially in these times. The true reality is that one who rejects Allah and lives his life according to his whims and desires is the one who is using a crutch. The weak crutch of the atheist is one which allows him to walk away from the duties and commands of Allah. When the pressure of Islam is applied, it will collapse.

This is only addressed to the OP. I don't want to paint all the atheists with the same brush then say later that they do the same to me for that would be hypocrisy.
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 10:39:19 PM
At 6/12/2012 10:27:58 PM, K.GKevinGeary wrote:
Well i am a real debater but not a good one. I am a real reader and a good one. I like to state i am a good judge but thats up for criticism because my cold logic might not always be ice.

But anyways becasue you mentioned what is real anyhoos. Perhaps you are not real. The face you put on infront of your significant other might be differnet than the face you put on infront of your kids. The face you put on this website is different then when you meet up with a friend, etc. Humans put on different faces to meet other faces. Therefore everyone is fake who atleast as contact with human beings other than themselves.

So being called a fake debater is fine because what are you then? the realist living? no.

In reality i am a inexperienced debater, but i would not care to debate w.e. the issue to do some reading to grow. I am alive so i assume i am real in living and real on a website right now, perhaps im not but that would also imply your fraudelent due to you typing in the same box as i, probally with a brain, perhaps hands, breathing etc.

Bet you won't debate...
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest