Jump to topic:

Intelligent design vs non intelligent design

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 3:49:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
So humans exist, lions exist in Africa, fish exist the sea, birds fly in the air and penguins...well where ever penguins come from.

There are two main competing underlying themes for this diversification of life on earth.

1) Intelligent design - Fish exist in the sea, cause a designer thought, yeah i am gonna make fish, but fish can't just exist anywhere anyhow, so I will make the sea compatible with the existence of fish, then put fish in the sea, since this is what I had planned all along.

2) Non intelligent design - Fish exist in the sea, but it's not because of a pre-convinced plan of having fish in the sea, but rather non intelligent/non intentional processes.

Of course this can be applied to any life, say humans.

So when we look at the world around us does it seem designed for us in mind ? Of course not, we go to alot of trouble in fighting death,injury & suffering that this world hurls at us.

How many people dying in the cold ? dying in the heat ? dying for lack of fresh water ? dying cause of parasites in the water, dying cause of an earthquake, women dying in child birth etc etc does it take till a creationist at least ponders the possibility, ya know, I don't think the world was intelligently designed for us.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 5:01:28 AM
At 6/12/2012 3:49:37 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
So humans exist, lions exist in Africa, fish exist the sea, birds fly in the air and penguins...well where ever penguins come from.

There are two main competing underlying themes for this diversification of life on earth.

1) Intelligent design - Fish exist in the sea, cause a designer thought, yeah i am gonna make fish, but fish can't just exist anywhere anyhow, so I will make the sea compatible with the existence of fish, then put fish in the sea, since this is what I had planned all along.

2) Non intelligent design - Fish exist in the sea, but it's not because of a pre-convinced plan of having fish in the sea, but rather non intelligent/non intentional processes.

Of course this can be applied to any life, say humans.

So when we look at the world around us does it seem designed for us in mind ? Of course not, we go to alot of trouble in fighting death,injury & suffering that this world hurls at us.

How many people dying in the cold ? dying in the heat ? dying for lack of fresh water ? dying cause of parasites in the water, dying cause of an earthquake, women dying in child birth etc etc does it take till a creationist at least ponders the possibility, ya know, I don't think the world was intelligently designed for us.

Cause all you said did not mean one single thing!
First you suggest God makes whatever animal and then makes the enviroment for that animal. False. That would suggest creating something for no purpose. Nothing created has no purpose.
People dying in the cold? Are you serious?> Could they not live in the warmth?
People dying in the heat? Why can they not go to the cold?
People dying of fresh water. Why is it not fresh?
Parasites in water. Hmm..they are living right doing there purpose, would seem man is ingesting them by thier fault.
Earthquakes are a nutural occurance and infact argued to be a need in the functioning of our planet.
Women dying at child birth....Interesting. This is not natural. would science not find reasoning for this? Why should not random rare cases produce this?

Intil you show a creationist that things were not created as our everyday lives suggest happens, simply just to be able to 'Be.' Then i think we will be creationists.
TheAsylum
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 10:23:05 AM
I stopped considering intelligent design/deism as plausible after watching this video. The effect was immediate. Granted, I was already an atheist with respect to all religions when I saw it, but this proved to me beyond all reasonable doubt that if there is a deity who created the universe and mankind to inhabit the world, he's either lazy, or inefficient/stupid, or evil. Or some combination of those things.