Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

Please Justify Religious Law Trumping Reality

royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 8:15:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was doing a bit of reading last night, and I discovered that Steve Jobs' father was a Syrian grad student who had a child with an American student. Her parents were against the idea of the two getting married (even though they eventually did anyways years later), and the nameless child was given up for adoption.

Apparently, Muslims claim that Steve Jobs is thus a Muslim because, despite the fact that he was a practicing Buddhist.

I have also read elsewhere that if someone says certain four lines (I have no idea what they are), then according to Islamic Law, they are Muslim.

There was also a story a month or so ago about the Mormon Church carrying out after-death conversions of people like Anne Frank. This caused uproar in the American population.

I have a few questions about this issue. First, how does religious law trump reality? Steve Jobs was not a Muslim; he was a Zen Buddhist. How does the fact that you are insisting he was Muslim mean that he is Muslim despite the fact that he didn't follow Islam? If someone does not accept your religious law, isn't it worthless to pretend that they do? Why convert Anne Frank after her death when she has no ability to actually become a Mormon? Doesn't this just demonstrate the weakness of your religion?
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 9:35:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 8:15:22 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I was doing a bit of reading last night, and I discovered that Steve Jobs' father was a Syrian grad student who had a child with an American student. Her parents were against the idea of the two getting married (even though they eventually did anyways years later), and the nameless child was given up for adoption.

Apparently, Muslims claim that Steve Jobs is thus a Muslim because, despite the fact that he was a practicing Buddhist.

I have also read elsewhere that if someone says certain four lines (I have no idea what they are), then according to Islamic Law, they are Muslim.

There was also a story a month or so ago about the Mormon Church carrying out after-death conversions of people like Anne Frank. This caused uproar in the American population.

I have a few questions about this issue. First, how does religious law trump reality? Steve Jobs was not a Muslim; he was a Zen Buddhist. How does the fact that you are insisting he was Muslim mean that he is Muslim despite the fact that he didn't follow Islam? If someone does not accept your religious law, isn't it worthless to pretend that they do? Why convert Anne Frank after her death when she has no ability to actually become a Mormon? Doesn't this just demonstrate the weakness of your religion?

Religion isn't reality. Religion is a given interpretation of reality.

That interpretation is based on our personal understandings, our vested interests, and our foreknowledge. When you bring these things together, then what you end up with is something indistinct and arbitrary.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 9:48:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 8:15:22 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I was doing a bit of reading last night, and I discovered that Steve Jobs' father was a Syrian grad student who had a child with an American student. Her parents were against the idea of the two getting married (even though they eventually did anyways years later), and the nameless child was given up for adoption.

Apparently, Muslims claim that Steve Jobs is thus a Muslim because, despite the fact that he was a practicing Buddhist.

I have also read elsewhere that if someone says certain four lines (I have no idea what they are), then according to Islamic Law, they are Muslim.

There was also a story a month or so ago about the Mormon Church carrying out after-death conversions of people like Anne Frank. This caused uproar in the American population.

I have a few questions about this issue. First, how does religious law trump reality? Steve Jobs was not a Muslim; he was a Zen Buddhist. How does the fact that you are insisting he was Muslim mean that he is Muslim despite the fact that he didn't follow Islam? If someone does not accept your religious law, isn't it worthless to pretend that they do? Why convert Anne Frank after her death when she has no ability to actually become a Mormon? Doesn't this just demonstrate the weakness of your religion?

Yes, it's all nonsense.
The Cross.. the Cross.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 10:16:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 9:48:03 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/15/2012 8:15:22 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I was doing a bit of reading last night, and I discovered that Steve Jobs' father was a Syrian grad student who had a child with an American student. Her parents were against the idea of the two getting married (even though they eventually did anyways years later), and the nameless child was given up for adoption.

Apparently, Muslims claim that Steve Jobs is thus a Muslim because, despite the fact that he was a practicing Buddhist.

I have also read elsewhere that if someone says certain four lines (I have no idea what they are), then according to Islamic Law, they are Muslim.

There was also a story a month or so ago about the Mormon Church carrying out after-death conversions of people like Anne Frank. This caused uproar in the American population.

I have a few questions about this issue. First, how does religious law trump reality? Steve Jobs was not a Muslim; he was a Zen Buddhist. How does the fact that you are insisting he was Muslim mean that he is Muslim despite the fact that he didn't follow Islam? If someone does not accept your religious law, isn't it worthless to pretend that they do? Why convert Anne Frank after her death when she has no ability to actually become a Mormon? Doesn't this just demonstrate the weakness of your religion?

Yes, it's all nonsense.

I know. I'm waiting for people who believe this to justify it though.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 10:20:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The story with his biological father was a sad one.

His father did want to meet him later in life, and he said though that he didn't know a way to try to meet him without making it seem he wanted his money.

Never did get to meet him though. :(

Nother interesting fact, evidently they almost aborted him.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 10:25:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 10:20:27 AM, OberHerr wrote:
The story with his biological father was a sad one.

His father did want to meet him later in life, and he said though that he didn't know a way to try to meet him without making it seem he wanted his money.

Never did get to meet him though. :(

Nother interesting fact, evidently they almost aborted him.

His biological sister is a pretty famous author and a professor at a University. Brilliant family :)
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 10:31:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 10:25:43 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:20:27 AM, OberHerr wrote:
The story with his biological father was a sad one.

His father did want to meet him later in life, and he said though that he didn't know a way to try to meet him without making it seem he wanted his money.

Never did get to meet him though. :(

Nother interesting fact, evidently they almost aborted him.

His biological sister is a pretty famous author and a professor at a University. Brilliant family :)

Yup.

Though, he was a pretty brutal boss......fired a engineer in an elevator, on the spot, for not making the battery life a few minutes longer for a iPhone or something......threw a chair at a guy during a meeting......
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Reason_Alliance
Posts: 1,283
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 10:32:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Insofar as a religious view corresponds to reality, then no trumping's involved. So your question seems to presuppose the non-reality of every religion.. which I don't think that's epistemically safe.

Anyhow, a voter will consult all she knows, including her religious conscious, when she votes. Requiring her to go contrary to her conscious isn't freedom.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 10:32:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 10:16:50 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/15/2012 9:48:03 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/15/2012 8:15:22 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I was doing a bit of reading last night, and I discovered that Steve Jobs' father was a Syrian grad student who had a child with an American student. Her parents were against the idea of the two getting married (even though they eventually did anyways years later), and the nameless child was given up for adoption.

Apparently, Muslims claim that Steve Jobs is thus a Muslim because, despite the fact that he was a practicing Buddhist.

I have also read elsewhere that if someone says certain four lines (I have no idea what they are), then according to Islamic Law, they are Muslim.

There was also a story a month or so ago about the Mormon Church carrying out after-death conversions of people like Anne Frank. This caused uproar in the American population.

I have a few questions about this issue. First, how does religious law trump reality? Steve Jobs was not a Muslim; he was a Zen Buddhist. How does the fact that you are insisting he was Muslim mean that he is Muslim despite the fact that he didn't follow Islam? If someone does not accept your religious law, isn't it worthless to pretend that they do? Why convert Anne Frank after her death when she has no ability to actually become a Mormon? Doesn't this just demonstrate the weakness of your religion?

Yes, it's all nonsense.

I know. I'm waiting for people who believe this to justify it though.

You're waiting for a DDO member to argue that Steve Jobs is Muslim?

Good luck.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 10:33:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hmm....I need to find those lines.

I wann get into Mecca....but I'm not considered a Muslim...

Loophole!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 10:34:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 10:32:43 AM, Wnope wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:16:50 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/15/2012 9:48:03 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/15/2012 8:15:22 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I was doing a bit of reading last night, and I discovered that Steve Jobs' father was a Syrian grad student who had a child with an American student. Her parents were against the idea of the two getting married (even though they eventually did anyways years later), and the nameless child was given up for adoption.

Apparently, Muslims claim that Steve Jobs is thus a Muslim because, despite the fact that he was a practicing Buddhist.

I have also read elsewhere that if someone says certain four lines (I have no idea what they are), then according to Islamic Law, they are Muslim.

There was also a story a month or so ago about the Mormon Church carrying out after-death conversions of people like Anne Frank. This caused uproar in the American population.

I have a few questions about this issue. First, how does religious law trump reality? Steve Jobs was not a Muslim; he was a Zen Buddhist. How does the fact that you are insisting he was Muslim mean that he is Muslim despite the fact that he didn't follow Islam? If someone does not accept your religious law, isn't it worthless to pretend that they do? Why convert Anne Frank after her death when she has no ability to actually become a Mormon? Doesn't this just demonstrate the weakness of your religion?

Yes, it's all nonsense.

I know. I'm waiting for people who believe this to justify it though.

You're waiting for a DDO member to argue that Steve Jobs is Muslim?

Good luck.

I can see Ahmed and Clash doing it.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 10:37:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 10:34:29 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:32:43 AM, Wnope wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:16:50 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/15/2012 9:48:03 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/15/2012 8:15:22 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I was doing a bit of reading last night, and I discovered that Steve Jobs' father was a Syrian grad student who had a child with an American student. Her parents were against the idea of the two getting married (even though they eventually did anyways years later), and the nameless child was given up for adoption.

Apparently, Muslims claim that Steve Jobs is thus a Muslim because, despite the fact that he was a practicing Buddhist.

I have also read elsewhere that if someone says certain four lines (I have no idea what they are), then according to Islamic Law, they are Muslim.

There was also a story a month or so ago about the Mormon Church carrying out after-death conversions of people like Anne Frank. This caused uproar in the American population.

I have a few questions about this issue. First, how does religious law trump reality? Steve Jobs was not a Muslim; he was a Zen Buddhist. How does the fact that you are insisting he was Muslim mean that he is Muslim despite the fact that he didn't follow Islam? If someone does not accept your religious law, isn't it worthless to pretend that they do? Why convert Anne Frank after her death when she has no ability to actually become a Mormon? Doesn't this just demonstrate the weakness of your religion?

Yes, it's all nonsense.

I know. I'm waiting for people who believe this to justify it though.

You're waiting for a DDO member to argue that Steve Jobs is Muslim?

Good luck.

I can see Ahmed and Clash doing it.

Hey, you may think their morons, they may act like morons, the may look like morons, but don't let that fool you, they are actually morons!

But in all seriosuness, I seriously doubt they would argue this point. It's like arguing that Stalin was a Hindu.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 10:39:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 10:37:29 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:34:29 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:32:43 AM, Wnope wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:16:50 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/15/2012 9:48:03 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/15/2012 8:15:22 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I was doing a bit of reading last night, and I discovered that Steve Jobs' father was a Syrian grad student who had a child with an American student. Her parents were against the idea of the two getting married (even though they eventually did anyways years later), and the nameless child was given up for adoption.

Apparently, Muslims claim that Steve Jobs is thus a Muslim because, despite the fact that he was a practicing Buddhist.

I have also read elsewhere that if someone says certain four lines (I have no idea what they are), then according to Islamic Law, they are Muslim.

There was also a story a month or so ago about the Mormon Church carrying out after-death conversions of people like Anne Frank. This caused uproar in the American population.

I have a few questions about this issue. First, how does religious law trump reality? Steve Jobs was not a Muslim; he was a Zen Buddhist. How does the fact that you are insisting he was Muslim mean that he is Muslim despite the fact that he didn't follow Islam? If someone does not accept your religious law, isn't it worthless to pretend that they do? Why convert Anne Frank after her death when she has no ability to actually become a Mormon? Doesn't this just demonstrate the weakness of your religion?

Yes, it's all nonsense.

I know. I'm waiting for people who believe this to justify it though.

You're waiting for a DDO member to argue that Steve Jobs is Muslim?

Good luck.

I can see Ahmed and Clash doing it.

Hey, you may think their morons, they may act like morons, the may look like morons, but don't let that fool you, they are actually morons!

But in all seriosuness, I seriously doubt they would argue this point. It's like arguing that Stalin was a Hindu.

Well, they're actually religiously obligated to argue this point. If they don't, they're not upholding the supremacy of Islamic Law.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 10:40:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 10:39:18 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:37:29 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:34:29 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:32:43 AM, Wnope wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:16:50 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/15/2012 9:48:03 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/15/2012 8:15:22 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I was doing a bit of reading last night, and I discovered that Steve Jobs' father was a Syrian grad student who had a child with an American student. Her parents were against the idea of the two getting married (even though they eventually did anyways years later), and the nameless child was given up for adoption.

Apparently, Muslims claim that Steve Jobs is thus a Muslim because, despite the fact that he was a practicing Buddhist.

I have also read elsewhere that if someone says certain four lines (I have no idea what they are), then according to Islamic Law, they are Muslim.

There was also a story a month or so ago about the Mormon Church carrying out after-death conversions of people like Anne Frank. This caused uproar in the American population.

I have a few questions about this issue. First, how does religious law trump reality? Steve Jobs was not a Muslim; he was a Zen Buddhist. How does the fact that you are insisting he was Muslim mean that he is Muslim despite the fact that he didn't follow Islam? If someone does not accept your religious law, isn't it worthless to pretend that they do? Why convert Anne Frank after her death when she has no ability to actually become a Mormon? Doesn't this just demonstrate the weakness of your religion?

Yes, it's all nonsense.

I know. I'm waiting for people who believe this to justify it though.

You're waiting for a DDO member to argue that Steve Jobs is Muslim?

Good luck.

I can see Ahmed and Clash doing it.

Hey, you may think their morons, they may act like morons, the may look like morons, but don't let that fool you, they are actually morons!

But in all seriosuness, I seriously doubt they would argue this point. It's like arguing that Stalin was a Hindu.

Well, they're actually religiously obligated to argue this point. If they don't, they're not upholding the supremacy of Islamic Law.

Well, I suppose its your duty to uphold that that rule exists in Islamic Law.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 10:41:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 10:40:09 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:39:18 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:37:29 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:34:29 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:32:43 AM, Wnope wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:16:50 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/15/2012 9:48:03 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/15/2012 8:15:22 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I was doing a bit of reading last night, and I discovered that Steve Jobs' father was a Syrian grad student who had a child with an American student. Her parents were against the idea of the two getting married (even though they eventually did anyways years later), and the nameless child was given up for adoption.

Apparently, Muslims claim that Steve Jobs is thus a Muslim because, despite the fact that he was a practicing Buddhist.

I have also read elsewhere that if someone says certain four lines (I have no idea what they are), then according to Islamic Law, they are Muslim.

There was also a story a month or so ago about the Mormon Church carrying out after-death conversions of people like Anne Frank. This caused uproar in the American population.

I have a few questions about this issue. First, how does religious law trump reality? Steve Jobs was not a Muslim; he was a Zen Buddhist. How does the fact that you are insisting he was Muslim mean that he is Muslim despite the fact that he didn't follow Islam? If someone does not accept your religious law, isn't it worthless to pretend that they do? Why convert Anne Frank after her death when she has no ability to actually become a Mormon? Doesn't this just demonstrate the weakness of your religion?

Yes, it's all nonsense.

I know. I'm waiting for people who believe this to justify it though.

You're waiting for a DDO member to argue that Steve Jobs is Muslim?

Good luck.

I can see Ahmed and Clash doing it.

Hey, you may think their morons, they may act like morons, the may look like morons, but don't let that fool you, they are actually morons!

But in all seriosuness, I seriously doubt they would argue this point. It's like arguing that Stalin was a Hindu.

Well, they're actually religiously obligated to argue this point. If they don't, they're not upholding the supremacy of Islamic Law.

Well, I suppose its your duty to uphold that that rule exists in Islamic Law.

You want me to prove that it is part of Islamic Law? That takes a basic Google search.
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 10:44:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I wasn't aware that it was possible to convert posthumously. Wasn't Anne Frank a Jew? So what happened when the Mormons converted her after she was dead?

Presumably, she was sitting comfortably in her celestial Jewish home, enjoying a well-earned afterlife pastrami bagel when a bunch of heavenly Hebrew henchmen broke down her door, grabbed her and and chucked her out of Paradise on the basis that she was a Gentile impostor and not one of God's Chosen People.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 10:48:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 10:44:46 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
I wasn't aware that it was possible to convert posthumously. Wasn't Anne Frank a Jew? So what happened when the Mormons converted her after she was dead?

Presumably, she was sitting comfortably in her celestial Jewish home, enjoying a well-earned afterlife pastrami bagel when a bunch of heavenly Hebrew henchmen broke down her door, grabbed her and and chucked her out of Paradise on the basis that she was a Gentile impostor and not one of God's Chosen People.

I like pistachios as well.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Clash
Posts: 220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 11:03:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 8:15:22 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I was doing a bit of reading last night, and I discovered that Steve Jobs' father was a Syrian grad student who had a child with an American student. Her parents were against the idea of the two getting married (even though they eventually did anyways years later), and the nameless child was given up for adoption.

Apparently, Muslims claim that Steve Jobs is thus a Muslim because, despite the fact that he was a practicing Buddhist.

I have also read elsewhere that if someone says certain four lines (I have no idea what they are), then according to Islamic Law, they are Muslim.

There was also a story a month or so ago about the Mormon Church carrying out after-death conversions of people like Anne Frank. This caused uproar in the American population.

I have a few questions about this issue. First, how does religious law trump reality? Steve Jobs was not a Muslim; he was a Zen Buddhist. How does the fact that you are insisting he was Muslim mean that he is Muslim despite the fact that he didn't follow Islam? If someone does not accept your religious law, isn't it worthless to pretend that they do? Why convert Anne Frank after her death when she has no ability to actually become a Mormon? Doesn't this just demonstrate the weakness of your religion?

I can see that you want a Muslim opinion on Steve Jobs being a Muslim etc. Well, as a Muslim, I can tell you with certainly that he was not a Muslim. To become a Muslim you must first with sincerely say: 'I testify that there is no true god (deity) but God (Allah), and that Muhammad is a messenger (Prophet) of God.' After that you must also practise Islam. To just say these words and then think you are a Muslim without doing anything after that (i.e., pray 5 times a day, fast etc), is invalid. From what I know, Steve Jobs did nothing of this.

Moreover, if he was a Zen Buddhist then this case is closed. You cannot be a Muslim and a Zen Buddhist at the same time. Those Muslims who claims that Steve Jobs was a Muslim either don't know much about Islam or are just retarded.
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 11:28:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 10:48:04 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:44:46 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
I wasn't aware that it was possible to convert posthumously. Wasn't Anne Frank a Jew? So what happened when the Mormons converted her after she was dead?

Presumably, she was sitting comfortably in her celestial Jewish home, enjoying a well-earned afterlife pastrami bagel when a bunch of heavenly Hebrew henchmen broke down her door, grabbed her and and chucked her out of Paradise on the basis that she was a Gentile impostor and not one of God's Chosen People.

I like pistachios as well.

Are you Jewish? With a name like OberHerr?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 11:28:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 11:28:09 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:48:04 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:44:46 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
I wasn't aware that it was possible to convert posthumously. Wasn't Anne Frank a Jew? So what happened when the Mormons converted her after she was dead?

Presumably, she was sitting comfortably in her celestial Jewish home, enjoying a well-earned afterlife pastrami bagel when a bunch of heavenly Hebrew henchmen broke down her door, grabbed her and and chucked her out of Paradise on the basis that she was a Gentile impostor and not one of God's Chosen People.

I like pistachios as well.

Are you Jewish? With a name like OberHerr?

Worse, American supporting Jews.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ahmed.M
Posts: 616
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 2:15:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 8:15:22 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I was doing a bit of reading last night, and I discovered that Steve Jobs' father was a Syrian grad student who had a child with an American student. Her parents were against the idea of the two getting married (even though they eventually did anyways years later), and the nameless child was given up for adoption.

Apparently, Muslims claim that Steve Jobs is thus a Muslim because, despite the fact that he was a practicing Buddhist.

It is not fair for you to generalize all Muslims when you say 'Muslims' like that. If any Muslims are claiming this it is probably a minority. If he was a practising Buddhist then OK I have no problems to agree with you on that fact. Actually, it is hard for one to be a serious Muslim and follow the Quran and Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) in a western society whilst still retaining a celebrity status.

I have also read elsewhere that if someone says certain four lines (I have no idea what they are), then according to Islamic Law, they are Muslim.

Yes if one says the shahada (declaration of faith) then they are officially known as a Muslim to the public and according to Islamic Law (if a Muslim country). This is nullified in non-Muslim countries since they are not regulated by Islamic Law. However, one can be known legally (or publicly in non-Muslim countries) as a Muslim but not be a real Muslim. They are only a Muslim by name. For one to really be a Muslim, he must truly believe that Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) was the last and final prophet sent by the one and only God to worship, Allah.

There was also a story a month or so ago about the Mormon Church carrying out after-death conversions of people like Anne Frank. This caused uproar in the American population.

How does that work?

I have a few questions about this issue. First, how does religious law trump reality? Steve Jobs was not a Muslim; he was a Zen Buddhist. How does the fact that you are insisting he was Muslim mean that he is Muslim despite the fact that he didn't follow Islam?

I don't know who these Muslims are. I for one don't place more emphasis on a celebrity to be a Muslim rather than the common man. In fact, it is more important to be more focused on the common folk then the celebrities for if one changes the masses, the celebrities will change to suit their audience. The masses are much more important then celebrities.

If someone does not accept your religious law, isn't it worthless to pretend that they do? Why convert Anne Frank after her death when she has no ability to actually become a Mormon? Doesn't this just demonstrate the weakness of your religion?

I agree. However, a person should never give up preaching and inviting to Islam until everyone declares they are Muslim.
Ahmed.M
Posts: 616
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 2:18:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 10:39:18 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Well, they're actually religiously obligated to argue this point. If they don't, they're not upholding the supremacy of Islamic Law.

I'm obligated to argue Steve Jobs is a Muslim?? How does that work?
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 5:10:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 11:28:54 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/15/2012 11:28:09 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:48:04 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:44:46 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
I wasn't aware that it was possible to convert posthumously. Wasn't Anne Frank a Jew? So what happened when the Mormons converted her after she was dead?

Presumably, she was sitting comfortably in her celestial Jewish home, enjoying a well-earned afterlife pastrami bagel when a bunch of heavenly Hebrew henchmen broke down her door, grabbed her and and chucked her out of Paradise on the basis that she was a Gentile impostor and not one of God's Chosen People.

I like pistachios as well.

Are you Jewish? With a name like OberHerr?

Worse, American supporting Jews.

I'm not Jewish either, but I'm saving up to be one.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 5:12:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 11:28:54 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/15/2012 11:28:09 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:48:04 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/15/2012 10:44:46 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
I wasn't aware that it was possible to convert posthumously. Wasn't Anne Frank a Jew? So what happened when the Mormons converted her after she was dead?

Presumably, she was sitting comfortably in her celestial Jewish home, enjoying a well-earned afterlife pastrami bagel when a bunch of heavenly Hebrew henchmen broke down her door, grabbed her and and chucked her out of Paradise on the basis that she was a Gentile impostor and not one of God's Chosen People.

I like pistachios as well.

Are you Jewish? With a name like OberHerr?

Worse, American supporting Jews.

I'm not Jewish either, but I'm saving up to be one!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 6:02:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 10:32:15 AM, Reason_Alliance wrote:
Insofar as a religious view corresponds to reality, then no trumping's involved. So your question seems to presuppose the non-reality of every religion.. which I don't think that's epistemically safe.


Part One

The Fool: by which means, I mean sure we all have an idea of the religion because we can talk about it. But why should we think such ideas correspond to anything else, other then that the idea in my mind. That is by what critiria are we able to establish that it has not been derived by the synthesis of human imaginations.

Part Two.
For when we are very young, the major idea, of a omnipotent, all knowing, all powerfull beings, and that from which we come from, creators, etc. Is already imbeded in us by are parents.
That is, with the ideas already in mind which takes up most of what we think God is. How is it be are taking into account this direct and undeniable CONFOUND!
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL