Jump to topic:

Reincarnation

Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 9:15:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am wondering if their are any members here that believe that reincarnation is fact. If anyone does can you state your reasons and any evidence you have that it's fact I would appreciate it.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2012 3:16:29 AM
At 6/17/2012 3:12:06 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I am the reincarnation of the dead dreams of humanity.

I thought you were eternal.
Also, REPOST!!! DIEEEEEEEEEEEE
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2012 3:21:15 AM
At 6/17/2012 3:16:29 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 6/17/2012 3:12:06 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I am the reincarnation of the dead dreams of humanity.

I thought you were eternal.
Also, REPOST!!! DIEEEEEEEEEEEE

I like saying it.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2012 11:56:09 AM
So, nobody then? We don't really have many Buddhists or Hindus.

I believed in reincarnation about 10-12 years ago. It seemed pretty awesome.

Then I thought about it.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2012 11:58:52 AM
At 6/17/2012 11:56:09 AM, Oryus wrote:

Then I thought about it.

What did you come up with? ^_^
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2012 12:00:03 PM
At 6/16/2012 9:15:15 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
I am wondering if their are any members here that believe that reincarnation is fact. If anyone does can you state your reasons and any evidence you have that it's fact I would appreciate it.

It depends on how you see things. Based on everything of which we're comprised, yes: every bit of you was part of something or someone else at one point or another, and it will be again after you're gone.

As far as your consciousness is concerned, well, that's still up for debate, because we're not even entirely sure what a consciousness is, to my knowledge.
elvroin_vonn_trazem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 12:59:30 AM
Even if reincarnation was a fact, there is at least one good reason to avoid trying to convince people of it. Before I get to that, here is some "classic" evidence:
htt.../en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty_Cases_Suggestive_of_Reincarnation

I've encountered rumors to the effect that certain books written about the time of the Bible were in favor of reincarnation, but they got suppressed. Then there is the classic statement made by Jesus to someone, "You shall be born again" --and we all know how that has been interpreted these days, even though, taken literally, it implies reincarnation could be true.

Anyway, the problem with reincarnation is the same problem people have with credit cards. I'm reminded how many actors actually like playing bad guys in movies, because, apparently, the bad guys have more fun. So, apparently, many people who get convinced reincarnation is true think they can have bad-guy-type fun now and pay later --and thereby get into serious trouble. That is, think of the karmic "bill" being racked up by real bad guys!

Reincarnation allows literal "eye for an eye" type of punishment. If you poke out someone's eye, even accidentally, then that might happen to you, accidentally(!), in some future life. Sometimes I think about Hitler, and whether or not he is going to be murdered various horrible ways, in six million future lives....

So, for anyone who wants to believe in reincarnation, be careful; be very very careful!
Don't tell me God is smart, and then describe to me the actions of a moron. A truly smart God is not going to do things that way!
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 3:08:03 AM
At 6/17/2012 11:58:52 AM, Ren wrote:

Then I thought about it.

What did you come up with? ^_^

I came up with- I have no good reason to believe that reincarnation is true.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 3:10:15 AM
At 6/17/2012 12:00:03 PM, Ren wrote:

It depends on how you see things. Based on everything of which we're comprised, yes: every bit of you was part of something or someone else at one point or another, and it will be again after you're gone.

As far as your consciousness is concerned, well, that's still up for debate, because we're not even entirely sure what a consciousness is, to my knowledge.

Well, whether the molecules of my being will be destroyed for all eternity is not really up for debate at this point haha If you think that "reincarnation" is a poetic expression of the fact that we'll be worm food someday, then yes, I believe in reincarnation. :P
:
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 3:15:55 AM

Then I thought about it.

I was being serious. As usual.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 4:49:25 AM

Then I thought about it.

I'm Buddhist but Buddhists don't believe in reincarnation.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 12:56:12 PM
At 6/18/2012 4:49:25 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Then I thought about it.

I'm Buddhist but Buddhists don't believe in reincarnation.

Sometimes they use this word to refer to what they believe.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 12:57:30 PM
At 6/18/2012 3:15:55 AM, FREEDO wrote:

Then I thought about it.

I was being serious. As usual.

Yes.. It's one of those things people do at times.
:
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 3:35:44 PM

Reincarnation is an evil deception that has the worlds poorest people in its vile grip; it is, like ALL religion, salvation by WORKS..

Only Jesus offers the Truth: Salvation as a free gift that cannot be earned.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Cross.. the Cross.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 4:10:17 PM
Reincarnation exists. But life does not reincarnate into life. Nothing stays the same. Life reincarnates into ideas. And ideas reincarnate into life.

You have understood on it's own, but by it, have not known. Everything seen and not a thing to be shown. Forever, as it was, as it is, so it never can be but through that which precedes to this.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord