Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Satanism and Buddhism

Jessalyn
Posts: 125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2012 8:06:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Do you view Satanism as a sort of "opposite equivalent" to Buddhism? This is, of course, assuming that we're dealing with atheistic sects of both religions. What are your views on this?
WARNING: Hitchslaps may become inflamed when accompanied by unceasing stupidity.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2012 8:46:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Buddhism and Satanism both have pretty fly aspects. Buddhism argues for moderation with the goal of refuting the self once and for all. Satainism argues for not inhibiting one's desires with the goal of absolutely affirming the self. In that sense I suppose they're opposites.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Jessalyn
Posts: 125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2012 10:39:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/17/2012 8:46:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Buddhism and Satanism both have pretty fly aspects. Buddhism argues for moderation with the goal of refuting the self once and for all. Satainism argues for not inhibiting one's desires with the goal of absolutely affirming the self. In that sense I suppose they're opposites.

Yes...I agree. They also possess many similar morals, such as not harming living things without reason. I've also found that many Satanic morals are, when reversed, the equivalent of some Buddhist morals. It's quite interesting...
WARNING: Hitchslaps may become inflamed when accompanied by unceasing stupidity.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 3:10:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/18/2012 3:08:33 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
It is alike and in fact mirrored.

I will pray to BuddhaSatan for you.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 3:22:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/18/2012 3:10:14 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 6/18/2012 3:08:33 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
It is alike and in fact mirrored.

I will pray to BuddhaSatan for you.

Awe....I feel love...I'll kneel in prayer for you to Jesus Christ.
TheAsylum
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 1:53:17 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/17/2012 8:06:33 PM, Jessalyn wrote:
Do you view Satanism as a sort of "opposite equivalent" to Buddhism? This is, of course, assuming that we're dealing with atheistic sects of both religions. What are your views on this?

Even the theistic sets of Satanism would likely be opposite. The only exception is the "joy of Satan" crowd, which shouldn't be considered Satanic, anyway.