Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

I have a problem

Izbo10-2012
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 3:04:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have been trying to have an intelligent conversation on religion on here since I came. Seems nobody on this board understands logic, syllogisms, fallacies or anything remotely close to it. So I tried to teach people about these things, but people could not grasp it as they failed to understand what the words mean. Now, I could go back and teach about what each word means, but in a debate site that should not be necessary. So, please explain to me how I can actually have an intelligent conversation on this board. Is it even possible?
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Izbo10-2012
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 3:07:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 3:06:30 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
You heathen! You don't believe in God? You're going to Hell!

you sound like superretardedboy
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 3:22:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 3:07:20 PM, Izbo10-2012 wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:06:30 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
You heathen! You don't believe in God? You're going to Hell!

you sound like superretardedboy

O.o

You caught me :(
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 3:24:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Welcome back Izbo!

<covers face to avoid being hit>
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Reason_Alliance
Posts: 1,283
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 3:29:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 3:04:51 PM, Izbo10-2012 wrote:
I have been trying to have an intelligent conversation on religion on here since I came. Seems nobody on this board understands logic, syllogisms, fallacies or anything remotely close to it. So I tried to teach people about these things, but people could not grasp it as they failed to understand what the words mean. Now, I could go back and teach about what each word means, but in a debate site that should not be necessary. So, please explain to me how I can actually have an intelligent conversation on this board. Is it even possible?

Anything in particular you have in mind?
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 3:32:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 3:29:12 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:04:51 PM, Izbo10-2012 wrote:
I have been trying to have an intelligent conversation on religion on here since I came. Seems nobody on this board understands logic, syllogisms, fallacies or anything remotely close to it. So I tried to teach people about these things, but people could not grasp it as they failed to understand what the words mean. Now, I could go back and teach about what each word means, but in a debate site that should not be necessary. So, please explain to me how I can actually have an intelligent conversation on this board. Is it even possible?

Anything in particular you have in mind?

Don't do it. He's a known in the pz myers, jerry coyne, dawkins fashion.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 3:32:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 3:32:02 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:29:12 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:04:51 PM, Izbo10-2012 wrote:
I have been trying to have an intelligent conversation on religion on here since I came. Seems nobody on this board understands logic, syllogisms, fallacies or anything remotely close to it. So I tried to teach people about these things, but people could not grasp it as they failed to understand what the words mean. Now, I could go back and teach about what each word means, but in a debate site that should not be necessary. So, please explain to me how I can actually have an intelligent conversation on this board. Is it even possible?

Anything in particular you have in mind?


Don't do it. He's a known troll in the pz myers, jerry coyne, dawkins fashion.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 3:35:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 3:04:51 PM, Izbo10-2012 wrote:
I have been trying to have an intelligent conversation on religion on here since I came. Seems nobody on this board understands logic, syllogisms, fallacies or anything remotely close to it. So I tried to teach people about these things, but people could not grasp it as they failed to understand what the words mean. Now, I could go back and teach about what each word means, but in a debate site that should not be necessary. So, please explain to me how I can actually have an intelligent conversation on this board. Is it even possible?

Ignoring the obvious insults above... Many theists like myself enjoy an intellectual discussion, but do not be confused this means your own understanding will not be challenged. Also, insults are themselves fallacious, even if you feel them correct.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 3:37:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 3:04:51 PM, Izbo10-2012 wrote:
I have been trying to have an intelligent conversation on religion on here since I came. Seems nobody on this board understands logic, syllogisms, fallacies or anything remotely close to it. So I tried to teach people about these things, but people could not grasp it as they failed to understand what the words mean. Now, I could go back and teach about what each word means, but in a debate site that should not be necessary. So, please explain to me how I can actually have an intelligent conversation on this board. Is it even possible?

Oh and that is the power of the Socratic method..... http://www.socraticmethod.net...

But it requires a level of emotional control of the one using it.
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 3:39:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 3:32:48 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:32:02 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:29:12 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:04:51 PM, Izbo10-2012 wrote:
I have been trying to have an intelligent conversation on religion on here since I came. Seems nobody on this board understands logic, syllogisms, fallacies or anything remotely close to it. So I tried to teach people about these things, but people could not grasp it as they failed to understand what the words mean. Now, I could go back and teach about what each word means, but in a debate site that should not be necessary. So, please explain to me how I can actually have an intelligent conversation on this board. Is it even possible?

Anything in particular you have in mind?


Don't do it. He's a known troll in the pz myers, jerry coyne, dawkins fashion.

Don't be silly.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Reason_Alliance
Posts: 1,283
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 3:39:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 3:32:02 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:29:12 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:04:51 PM, Izbo10-2012 wrote:
I have been trying to have an intelligent conversation on religion on here since I came. Seems nobody on this board understands logic, syllogisms, fallacies or anything remotely close to it. So I tried to teach people about these things, but people could not grasp it as they failed to understand what the words mean. Now, I could go back and teach about what each word means, but in a debate site that should not be necessary. So, please explain to me how I can actually have an intelligent conversation on this board. Is it even possible?

Anything in particular you have in mind?

Don't do it. He's a known in the pz myers, jerry coyne, dawkins fashion.

Copy that.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 3:45:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 3:39:23 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:32:48 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:32:02 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:29:12 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:04:51 PM, Izbo10-2012 wrote:
I have been trying to have an intelligent conversation on religion on here since I came. Seems nobody on this board understands logic, syllogisms, fallacies or anything remotely close to it. So I tried to teach people about these things, but people could not grasp it as they failed to understand what the words mean. Now, I could go back and teach about what each word means, but in a debate site that should not be necessary. So, please explain to me how I can actually have an intelligent conversation on this board. Is it even possible?

Anything in particular you have in mind?
Don't do it. He's a known troll in the pz myers, jerry coyne, dawkins fashion.

Don't be silly.

I'm not?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 3:48:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 3:45:49 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:39:23 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:32:48 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:32:02 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:29:12 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:04:51 PM, Izbo10-2012 wrote:
I have been trying to have an intelligent conversation on religion on here since I came. Seems nobody on this board understands logic, syllogisms, fallacies or anything remotely close to it. So I tried to teach people about these things, but people could not grasp it as they failed to understand what the words mean. Now, I could go back and teach about what each word means, but in a debate site that should not be necessary. So, please explain to me how I can actually have an intelligent conversation on this board. Is it even possible?

Anything in particular you have in mind?
Don't do it. He's a known troll in the pz myers, jerry coyne, dawkins fashion.

Don't be silly.

I'm not?

Fine. Be silly.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 3:49:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 3:48:03 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:45:49 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:39:23 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:32:48 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:32:02 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:29:12 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:
At 6/20/2012 3:04:51 PM, Izbo10-2012 wrote:
I have been trying to have an intelligent conversation on religion on here since I came. Seems nobody on this board understands logic, syllogisms, fallacies or anything remotely close to it. So I tried to teach people about these things, but people could not grasp it as they failed to understand what the words mean. Now, I could go back and teach about what each word means, but in a debate site that should not be necessary. So, please explain to me how I can actually have an intelligent conversation on this board. Is it even possible?

Anything in particular you have in mind?
Don't do it. He's a known troll in the pz myers, jerry coyne, dawkins fashion.

Don't be silly.

I'm not

Fine. Be silly.

Ok?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!