Jump to topic:

the cult presidents

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 10:25:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
well, cult as in ordinary rejection as part of the ecumenical church of most all christian denominations. not cult like occultic. Since its becoming more of a possibility that a mormon could be the next president and there was concern brought up during early primary stage of the election from conservative Christians about that but now it looks like thats all we a conservatives are going to get to get behind. Ive had some fun asking other people @ my church "do you love jesus more than you hate Barrack Obama" and they always hate answering the question so they dont, but pretty much say there not voting for obama no matter what after I explain I was getting at the choice they would make with Romney or Obama. It really comes down to most conservatives find Democrates take on everything way more unchristian than Mormonism, so it wont stop them from voting for romney.

anyway it got me thinking about what the consequences would be if we got a president in from a non-christian denomination. like mormon, JW, or Quaker. then someone pointed out to me we've had quaker presidents and one JW one wich I forgot. I looked into it Eisenhower wasn't really a JW as president, just when he was a kid so that don't count.

But Hoover and Nixon were definitely Quakers. I couldn't really see how there religious views at all affected there politics specifically. in fact they did the opposite of what you'd expect from there faith, like swear the oath of office, or participate in wars when quakers are pacifist.

but even so, Hoover and Nixon are not examples that set aside fears over getting a cult president. under Hoovers watch was the great depression. and Nixon was the biggest disappointment ethics wise. does any of the Christians think them being Quakers contributed to there failures or that their faith clearly had no affect on anything and there examples to know its no big deal to elect a mormon?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 10:47:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 10:25:48 PM, Marauder wrote:
well, cult as in ordinary rejection as part of the ecumenical church of most all christian denominations. not cult like occultic. Since its becoming more of a possibility that a mormon could be the next president and there was concern brought up during early primary stage of the election from conservative Christians about that but now it looks like thats all we a conservatives are going to get to get behind. Ive had some fun asking other people @ my church "do you love jesus more than you hate Barrack Obama" and they always hate answering the question so they dont, but pretty much say there not voting for obama no matter what after I explain I was getting at the choice they would make with Romney or Obama. It really comes down to most conservatives find Democrates take on everything way more unchristian than Mormonism, so it wont stop them from voting for romney.

anyway it got me thinking about what the consequences would be if we got a president in from a non-christian denomination. like mormon, JW, or Quaker. then someone pointed out to me we've had quaker presidents and one JW one wich I forgot. I looked into it Eisenhower wasn't really a JW as president, just when he was a kid so that don't count.

But Hoover and Nixon were definitely Quakers. I couldn't really see how there religious views at all affected there politics specifically. in fact they did the opposite of what you'd expect from there faith, like swear the oath of office, or participate in wars when quakers are pacifist.

but even so, Hoover and Nixon are not examples that set aside fears over getting a cult president. under Hoovers watch was the great depression. and Nixon was the biggest disappointment ethics wise. does any of the Christians think them being Quakers contributed to there failures or that their faith clearly had no affect on anything and there examples to know its no big deal to elect a mormon?

First, I do not know many that would call Quakers a cult or Not Christian.

The issue with Romney is he a Temple Mormon? or is he a Tool of the Temple Mormons.

Temple Mormons are decidedly NOT Christian.