Jump to topic:

Haman, the Koran and Bucaille

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2012 7:12:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Muslims often point to Haman as "proof' of the Quran. This video shows that the interpretations are unjustified.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2012 8:09:45 PM
At 6/23/2012 7:12:44 PM, Microsuck wrote:
Muslims often point to Haman as "proof' of the Quran. This video shows that the interpretations are unjustified.

You need to stop generalizing when you say Muslims point to Haman as proof. Not all Muslims do, I don't think the Haman thing is fully supported and I don't use it as an argument for the Quran. I don't have qualms admitting it could be false. I don't need the haman, there are plenty of other proofs.

While Haman cannot be used for proof, it can definitely be used as a defense if anyone says that Haman in the Quran is an error. If you look at 4:10 and 10:01 of your video, the inscriptions although not Haman are very close to Haman. It says HMN and Hmn-h, these are pretty close.

I think Maurice Bucaille twists a couple of the things he says, I don't trust him a lot. Harun Yahya on the other hand is way worse. He twists and blows verses out of proportion like crazy. I doubt he is even the author of the majority of works attributed to him but has a staff who works for him.

The website that I think has the strongest case and can be trusted the most is definitely islamic awareness. I think they are more objective when putting forth their arguments and always list sources to support their points. If you look at their article (especially sources <200!), look at how comprehensive it is. This work does merit some recognition.
http://www.islamic-awareness.org...
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2012 8:14:15 PM
At 6/23/2012 8:09:45 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
At 6/23/2012 7:12:44 PM, Microsuck wrote:

You need to stop generalizing when you say Muslims point to Haman as proof. Not all Muslims do, I don't think the Haman thing is fully supported and I don't use it as an argument for the Quran. I don't have qualms admitting it could be false. I don't need the haman, there are plenty of other proofs.

I'm aware that not all Muslims do, but a lot. See, for example, http://www.debate.org...
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Clash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2012 9:22:59 PM
You should have used that dudes objections/rebuttals against my Haman argument when our debate was still going on. I'm pretty sure you would have forced me to drop that argument than.