Total Posts:45|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Atheism is parasitic on religion

Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 12:02:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This myth was debunked concisely by Julian Baggini:

In Scotland there is a deep lake called Loch Ness. Many people in Scotland-almost certainly the majority-believe that the lake is like other lochs in the country. Their beliefs about the lake are what we might call normal. But that is not to say they have no particular beliefs. It's just that the beliefs they have are so ordinary that they do not require elucidation. They believe that the lake is a natural phenomenon of a certain size, that certain fish live in it, and so on.

However, some people believe that the loch contains a strange creature, known as the Loch Ness Monster. Many claim to have seen it, although no firm evidence of its existence has ever been presented. So far our story is a simple fact. Now imagine how the story could develop

The number of believers in the monster starts to grow. Soon, a word is coined to describe them: they are part-mockingly called 'Nessies'....However, the number of Nessies continues to increase and the name ceases to become a joke. Despite the fact that the evidence for the monster's existence is still lacking, soon being a Nessie is the norm and it is the people previously thought of as normal who are in the minority. They soon get their own name, 'Anessies' - those who don't believe in the monster.

Is it true to say that the beliefs of Anessies are parasitic on those of the Nessies? That can't be true, because the Anessies' beliefs predate those of the Nessies. The key point is not one of chronology however. The key is that the Anessies would believe exactly the same as they do now even if the Nessies had never existed. What the rise of the Nessies did was to give a name to a set of beliefs that had always existed but which was considered so unexceptional that it required no special label.

The moral of the story should be clear. Atheists subscribe to a certain world view that includes numerous beliefs about the world and what is in it. Theists say that there is something else that also exists-God. If theists did not exist, atheists still would, but perhaps there would be no special name for them. But since theism has become so dominant in our world, with so many people believing in God or gods, atheism has come to be defined in contrast to theism. That makes it no more parasitic on religion than the beliefs of the Anessies are parasitic on those of the Nessies.

The absurdity of saying that atheism is parasitic on religious belief is perhaps made most clear by considering what would happen if everyone ceased to believe in God. If atheism were parasitic on religion, then surely it could not exist without religion. But in this imagined scenario, what we would have would not be the end of atheism but its triumph. Atheism no more needs religion than atheists do.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
inferno
Posts: 10,625
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 12:26:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 12:02:43 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
This myth was debunked concisely by Julian Baggini:

In Scotland there is a deep lake called Loch Ness. Many people in Scotland-almost certainly the majority-believe that the lake is like other lochs in the country. Their beliefs about the lake are what we might call normal. But that is not to say they have no particular beliefs. It's just that the beliefs they have are so ordinary that they do not require elucidation. They believe that the lake is a natural phenomenon of a certain size, that certain fish live in it, and so on.

However, some people believe that the loch contains a strange creature, known as the Loch Ness Monster. Many claim to have seen it, although no firm evidence of its existence has ever been presented. So far our story is a simple fact. Now imagine how the story could develop

The number of believers in the monster starts to grow. Soon, a word is coined to describe them: they are part-mockingly called 'Nessies'....However, the number of Nessies continues to increase and the name ceases to become a joke. Despite the fact that the evidence for the monster's existence is still lacking, soon being a Nessie is the norm and it is the people previously thought of as normal who are in the minority. They soon get their own name, 'Anessies' - those who don't believe in the monster.

Is it true to say that the beliefs of Anessies are parasitic on those of the Nessies? That can't be true, because the Anessies' beliefs predate those of the Nessies. The key point is not one of chronology however. The key is that the Anessies would believe exactly the same as they do now even if the Nessies had never existed. What the rise of the Nessies did was to give a name to a set of beliefs that had always existed but which was considered so unexceptional that it required no special label.

The moral of the story should be clear. Atheists subscribe to a certain world view that includes numerous beliefs about the world and what is in it. Theists say that there is something else that also exists-God. If theists did not exist, atheists still would, but perhaps there would be no special name for them. But since theism has become so dominant in our world, with so many people believing in God or gods, atheism has come to be defined in contrast to theism. That makes it no more parasitic on religion than the beliefs of the Anessies are parasitic on those of the Nessies.

The absurdity of saying that atheism is parasitic on religious belief is perhaps made most clear by considering what would happen if everyone ceased to believe in God. If atheism were parasitic on religion, then surely it could not exist without religion. But in this imagined scenario, what we would have would not be the end of atheism but its triumph. Atheism no more needs religion than atheists do.

False. Atheism is only a threat to itself. Period.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 12:39:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 12:26:39 PM, inferno wrote:

False. Atheism is only a threat to itself. Period.

1) You didn't read the post
2) You don't make any sense
3) Your pontification is false, as people who subscribe to atheism attacks religious ideas continuously. Those attacks make their way into popular culture and play a key role in moderating religion and decreasing its prevalence. The more independent thinking catches on, the more atheists there will be.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 1:12:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
[Propaganda]

Lol great. All we need now, is an enthusiastic President to think the same way, and give the world that little extra push.

Then it'll be, we don't need em, we don't want em, they're harmful; lets get rid of em..

All those people are going to keep killing, and polluting, and not making sense, teaching their kids to believe in fairtales or evil cruel gods; they're never gonna stop. So, we must be proavtive, and protect our families and communites, from this ancient plague- cure ourselves of these people, and we can no longer be held back..as a species. (ETA - 10-15yrs)
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 3:17:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 1:12:26 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
[Propaganda]

Lol great. All we need now, is an enthusiastic President to think the same way, and give the world that little extra push.

Then it'll be, we don't need em, we don't want em, they're harmful; lets get rid of em..

All those people are going to keep killing, and polluting, and not making sense, teaching their kids to believe in fairtales or evil cruel gods; they're never gonna stop. So, we must be proavtive, and protect our families and communites, from this ancient plague- cure ourselves of these people, and we can no longer be held back..as a species. (ETA - 10-15yrs)

The government forcing people to be atheist, while they are forced into worship of the state is no way to run a society. The only beneficial way for religion to be diminished is through persistent moral and intellectual effort. Christianity had a reformation and interacted with the enlightenment; today it is a less destructive force to society, but you have to realize where the moderating influences came from: outside the faith. Religious moderation is always a product of outside pressures such as human decency, scientific discover, and intellectual endeavors.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 3:57:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The government forcing people to be atheist, while they are forced into worship of the state is no way to run a society. The only beneficial way for religion to be diminished is through persistent moral and intellectual effort. Christianity had a reformation and interacted with the enlightenment; today it is a less destructive force to society, but you have to realize where the moderating influences came from: outside the faith. Religious moderation is always a product of outside pressures such as human decency, scientific discover, and intellectual endeavors.
And from within as well.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:10:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 3:17:28 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 6/25/2012 1:12:26 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
[Propaganda]

Lol great. All we need now, is an enthusiastic President to think the same way, and give the world that little extra push.

Then it'll be, we don't need em, we don't want em, they're harmful; lets get rid of em..

All those people are going to keep killing, and polluting, and not making sense, teaching their kids to believe in fairtales or evil cruel gods; they're never gonna stop. So, we must be proavtive, and protect our families and communites, from this ancient plague- cure ourselves of these people, and we can no longer be held back..as a species. (ETA - 10-15yrs)

The government forcing people to be atheist, while they are forced into worship of the state is no way to run a society. The only beneficial way for religion to be diminished is through persistent moral and intellectual effort. Christianity had a reformation and interacted with the enlightenment; today it is a less destructive force to society, but you have to realize where the moderating influences came from: outside the faith. Religious moderation is always a product of outside pressures such as human decency, scientific discover, and intellectual endeavors.

To be clear an abuse of Christianity has always been corrected by Christians. In fact, the Atheistic states are being defeated by Christians. Christianity has been the moderating force upon abuse of its own and the evil of other philosophies.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:34:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Atheists have FAITH there is not a god!
Atheist have BELIEF there is not a god!

No Atheist can PROVE there is NOT a god.. all rely on their faith/belief to be atheist!!
The atheist cannot be thankful they have no one to thank!
The atheist cannot accept a creator, only accept creation!
No hope for a eternal life!!

The atheist must deny the thousands and thousands of proven miracles, but can't explain why they deny them!

Dogknox
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:39:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 4:10:19 PM, Gileandos wrote:

To be clear an abuse of Christianity has always been corrected by Christians. In fact, the Atheistic states are being defeated by Christians. Christianity has been the moderating force upon abuse of its own and the evil of other philosophies.

The people of the Soviet Union were and the people of Russia are predominantly religious. Today, only 16% of Russians are nonbelievers. Also, political, social, and economic dogma were the scourge of the USSR, China, and Cambodia. The conflict between the US, UK, France and fascist/socialist states was geopolitical not religious.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:57:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 3:17:28 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 6/25/2012 1:12:26 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
[Propaganda]

Lol great. All we need now, is an enthusiastic President to think the same way, and give the world that little extra push.

Then it'll be, we don't need em, we don't want em, they're harmful; lets get rid of em..

All those people are going to keep killing, and polluting, and not making sense, teaching their kids to believe in fairtales or evil cruel gods; they're never gonna stop. So, we must be proavtive, and protect our families and communites, from this ancient plague- cure ourselves of these people, and we can no longer be held back..as a species. (ETA - 10-15yrs)

The government forcing people to be atheist, while they are forced into worship of the state is no way to run a society. The only beneficial way for religion to be diminished is through persistent moral and intellectual effort. Christianity had a reformation and interacted with the enlightenment; today it is a less destructive force to society, but you have to realize where the moderating influences came from: outside the faith. Religious moderation is always a product of outside pressures such as human decency, scientific discover, and intellectual endeavors.


It never seems plausible, but history shows how many minds can be manipulated to a prejudice purpose. No one would come out and say "Everyone needs to be Atheist", it would be subtle, and well calculated for years.. overlooked and disregarded as something impossible or extreme.

There is no peacful way to destroy religion, or faith. Especially, since it would take a bit of both, to bring the masses togather for such a cause. However, it is very possible, and still very likely..

People hate God and hate the people who believe in one(or 2 or 3). They can try t disguise their hatred; dress it up to look like compassion from the enlightened. I can see it being given the position, of a reluctant choice.. that it is not the ideal option, but the only one that will gaurantee a "safer, fuller, more progressive" life for the future "secular".

Or, they will embrace a religion, a new one.. and claim that the science leads to it. That, the world religions, are actually something that has been warned against. a threat, to the truth, and man's potential.

Either way, sh*t like this, make me think it's gonna happen during my life-time.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:57:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 4:39:27 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 6/25/2012 4:10:19 PM, Gileandos wrote:

To be clear an abuse of Christianity has always been corrected by Christians. In fact, the Atheistic states are being defeated by Christians. Christianity has been the moderating force upon abuse of its own and the evil of other philosophies.

The people of the Soviet Union were and the people of Russia are predominantly religious. Today, only 16% of Russians are nonbelievers. Also, political, social, and economic dogma were the scourge of the USSR, China, and Cambodia. The conflict between the US, UK, France and fascist/socialist states was geopolitical not religious.

Whether they are predominately religious in Russia now is irrelevant, the point is that atheists were defeated there and continue to be fought, BY Christians.
Even during the height of the cold war, numbers are irrelevant. Atheists being in charge and slaughtering 20 million in Russia alone is relevant.
Second, Christianities constant battle, highlighting Christian moral warriors such as Richard Wurmbrand, was the 'moderating' force upon those evil murderers. Christianity defeated these atheists.

To point to other factors involved in the murder of 20 million is to ignore the outright complicit nature of an atheist philosophy in the murders, not to mention the torture and brutalization of the religious.

I would also correct your numbers. During the peak of the Iron Curtain atheism was rampant.
"Soviet findings appear to show a low percent (22 %) of religious believers (see Table 4).2 This is a considerable drop from 56% religious believers reported in the 1937 census, assuming that the Voronezh sample was representative of the Soviet Union. "

http://www.thedivineconspiracy.org...
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 8:51:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 4:57:30 PM, Gileandos wrote:

Whether they are predominately religious in Russia now is irrelevant, the point is that atheists were defeated there and continue to be fought, BY Christians.

Immaterial. It was a geopolitical power struggle, not a religious war. Countries become less religious as time goes on, and the fact that 84% of Russians are religious demonstrates the fact that a preponderant majority of people living in the Soviet Union were religious, yet they had to hide it from the anti-theistic government.

Even during the height of the cold war, numbers are irrelevant. Atheists being in charge and slaughtering 20 million in Russia alone is relevant.

Gileandos logic:
1) Atheism
2) ???
3) Millions of people die
4) Conclusion: Atheism kills millions of people

The mere fact that you say that the government "slaughtered" 20 million shows that you have no conception of the history of 5-year plans, The Gulag, and starvations.

Second, Christianities constant battle, highlighting Christian moral warriors such as Richard Wurmbrand, was the 'moderating' force upon those evil murderers. Christianity defeated these atheists.

This is almost too stupid to dignify with a response. DEM GOOD, GOD-FEARIN' CHRISTIANS DEFEATED THE SATANIC ATHEIST SKUMMS AND THE WORLD WAS AT PEACE AT LAST!

It doesn't matter what religion you are, totalitarianism is economically and socially destructive.

To point to other factors involved in the murder of 20 million is to ignore the outright complicit nature of an atheist philosophy in the murders, not to mention the torture and brutalization of the religious.

The existence of millions of decent, humane atheists in Western European and American democracies who have no connection with state communism or support for its doctrines shows that there is no basic link between atheism and condoning 5-year plans. If there was, Sweden would be the worst place to live in the world.

Can you demonstrate a link? I'd like to hear it.

I would also correct your numbers. During the peak of the Iron Curtain atheism was rampant.
"Soviet findings appear to show a low percent (22 %) of religious believers (see Table 4).2 This is a considerable drop from 56% religious believers reported in the 1937 census, assuming that the Voronezh sample was representative of the Soviet Union. "

http://www.thedivineconspiracy.org...

Do you think maybe that has something to do with the state outlawing religion, harassing, torturing, and executing the religious, and years of anti-religious campaigns? Would you admit to being religious if there was the possibility you could be tortured and executed along with your family? Probably not, but people don't suddenly lose their inner beliefs because of things like this, they just don't admit them. Religious belief is one of the most important part of people's lives, and they don't shed it because someone told them to; they do what they can to survive, and they keep their faith as well.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:02:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 4:10:19 PM, Gileandos wrote:

In fact, the Atheistic states are being defeated by Christians.

Christianity wins in the UK !! - http://en.wikipedia.org...

Christianity wins in New Zealand !! - http://sminhinnick.files.wordpress.com...

Christianity wins in Australia !! - http://members.optusnet.com.au...

Organized Christianity wins in America !! - http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com...

Christianity wins in America !! - http://cara.georgetown.edu...

Catholic Christians win in America !! - http://cara.georgetown.edu...

Christianity wins in UK Prisons !! - http://img.docstoccdn.com... - oh wait, it actually does there... hmm..

Christianity wins in neonates in Vienna !! - http://vidwirel.oeaw.ac.at...

Christianity continues to win in the US !! - http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com...

Religious Identity wins in the US !! - http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com...

Christianity wins in the Western US !! - http://media.gallup.com... - No sh!t - anyone that's ever been to Utah or Nevada knows how godless and desolate the West is.

VICTORY!!!
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:28:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 4:34:22 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Atheists have FAITH there is not a god!
Atheist have BELIEF there is not a god!

No Atheist can PROVE there is NOT a god.. all rely on their faith/belief to be atheist!!
The atheist cannot be thankful they have no one to thank!
The atheist cannot accept a creator, only accept creation!
No hope for a eternal life!!

The atheist must deny the thousands and thousands of proven miracles, but can't explain why they deny them!

Dogknox

Atheists don't rest their belief on proof, just as you don't rest your disbelief in the abominable snowman from proof. They rest their belief from lack of proof to the contrary.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:37:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 10:02:06 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 6/25/2012 4:10:19 PM, Gileandos wrote:

In fact, the Atheistic states are being defeated by Christians.

Christianity wins in the UK !! - http://en.wikipedia.org...

Christianity wins in New Zealand !! - http://sminhinnick.files.wordpress.com...

Christianity wins in Australia !! - http://members.optusnet.com.au...

Organized Christianity wins in America !! - http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com...

Christianity wins in America !! - http://cara.georgetown.edu...

Catholic Christians win in America !! - http://cara.georgetown.edu...

Christianity wins in UK Prisons !! - http://img.docstoccdn.com... - oh wait, it actually does there... hmm..

Christianity wins in neonates in Vienna !! - http://vidwirel.oeaw.ac.at...

Christianity continues to win in the US !! - http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com...

Religious Identity wins in the US !! - http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com...

Christianity wins in the Western US !! - http://media.gallup.com... - No sh!t - anyone that's ever been to Utah or Nevada knows how godless and desolate the West is.

VICTORY!!!

lol, overstating your hope by... alot.

Christianity is like the stock market. Highs and lows but always a sure thing long term!

Pesky Christianity from 12 people to oh about 3.2 Billion.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:51:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 8:51:52 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 6/25/2012 4:57:30 PM, Gileandos wrote:

Whether they are predominately religious in Russia now is irrelevant, the point is that atheists were defeated there and continue to be fought, BY Christians.

Immaterial. It was a geopolitical power struggle, not a religious war. Countries become less religious as time goes on, and the fact that 84% of Russians are religious demonstrates the fact that a preponderant majority of people living in the Soviet Union were religious, yet they had to hide it from the anti-theistic government.

Atheism declared a ideological genocide upon relegion within the atheistic states. I already cited you the numbers. Read and catch up.


Even during the height of the cold war, numbers are irrelevant. Atheists being in charge and slaughtering 20 million in Russia alone is relevant.

Gileandos logic:
1) Atheism
2) ???
3) Millions of people die
4) Conclusion: Atheism kills millions of people

The mere fact that you say that the government "slaughtered" 20 million shows that you have no conception of the history of 5-year plans, The Gulag, and starvations.

Argue with the Historians who cite countless examples of the ideological genocide upon religion.
http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

http://www.thedivineconspiracy.org...

http://www.conservapedia.com...


Second, Christianities constant battle, highlighting Christian moral warriors such as Richard Wurmbrand, was the 'moderating' force upon those evil murderers. Christianity defeated these atheists.

This is almost too stupid to dignify with a response. DEM GOOD, GOD-FEARIN' CHRISTIANS DEFEATED THE SATANIC ATHEIST SKUMMS AND THE WORLD WAS AT PEACE AT LAST!

Your retort amounts to "Nuh uh!" Exactly who is stupid again?


It doesn't matter what religion you are, totalitarianism is economically and socially destructive.

Totalitarians disagree. They blame the atheists, lol.
But hey, like atheists, they have no moral incumbency stating they should not lie!


To point to other factors involved in the murder of 20 million is to ignore the outright complicit nature of an atheist philosophy in the murders, not to mention the torture and brutalization of the religious.

The existence of millions of decent, humane atheists in Western European and American democracies who have no connection with state communism or support for its doctrines shows that there is no basic link between atheism and condoning 5-year plans. If there was, Sweden would be the worst place to live in the world.

Sweden is what 23% atheist up 2% from the 90's? Not exactly in the 'thros' of power or sway.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Besides, I already asserted that Judeo-Christian culture is a moderating force upon atheism.

Can you demonstrate a link? I'd like to hear it.
links above.

I would also correct your numbers. During the peak of the Iron Curtain atheism was rampant.
"Soviet findings appear to show a low percent (22 %) of religious believers (see Table 4).2 This is a considerable drop from 56% religious believers reported in the 1937 census, assuming that the Voronezh sample was representative of the Soviet Union. "

http://www.thedivineconspiracy.org...

Do you think maybe that has something to do with the state outlawing religion, harassing, torturing, and executing the religious, and years of anti-religious campaigns? Would you admit to being religious if there was the possibility you could be tortured and executed along with your family? Probably not, but people don't suddenly lose their inner beliefs because of things like this, they just don't admit them. Religious belief is one of the most important part of people's lives, and they don't shed it because someone told them to; they do what they can to survive, and they keep their faith as well.

Oh, ok, so they lied about their atheism, and it was the religious driving the atheists to murder? If you are arguing that, good luck with your delusions.

The state did not merely outlaw, murder and persecute the religious. They stole their children and indoctrinated them into 'scientific atheism'. The result of which we see spreading to the western world now.

Again it was ideological genocide on an epic scale. Atheists that were driven to eliminate religion.
All covered in the book.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 11:12:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If there were no theists, and you told someone you were an atheist, they'd look at you like you had three heads. So atheism makes no sense without theism, therefore it's a parasite. It dies off without the host.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 10:24:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 1:12:26 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
[Propaganda]

Lol great. All we need now, is an enthusiastic President to think the same way, and give the world that little extra push.

Then it'll be, we don't need em, we don't want em, they're harmful; lets get rid of em..

All those people are going to keep killing, and polluting, and not making sense, teaching their kids to believe in fairtales or evil cruel gods; they're never gonna stop. So, we must be proavtive, and protect our families and communites, from this ancient plague- cure ourselves of these people, and we can no longer be held back..as a species. (ETA - 10-15yrs)

Religion has killed the heretics, the unbelievers, those who dare even remotely suggest that the dogma is not true. So if the unbelievers turn around and do the exact same thing.........pay back is a bitch eh ?

Luckily most atheists seem to be content with just seeing conversation and argument and the grips of dogma slowly but surely becoming less and less.

As I recall Sam Harris saying, we have 3 options on a societal level when it comes to differences such as religion, conversation, negotiation or war.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 11:10:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/26/2012 10:24:49 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/25/2012 1:12:26 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
[Propaganda]

Lol great. All we need now, is an enthusiastic President to think the same way, and give the world that little extra push.

Then it'll be, we don't need em, we don't want em, they're harmful; lets get rid of em..

All those people are going to keep killing, and polluting, and not making sense, teaching their kids to believe in fairtales or evil cruel gods; they're never gonna stop. So, we must be proavtive, and protect our families and communites, from this ancient plague- cure ourselves of these people, and we can no longer be held back..as a species. (ETA - 10-15yrs)

Religion has killed the heretics, the unbelievers, those who dare even remotely suggest that the dogma is not true. So if the unbelievers turn around and do the exact same thing.........pay back is a bitch eh ?

Luckily most atheists seem to be content with just seeing conversation and argument and the grips of dogma slowly but surely becoming less and less.

As I recall Sam Harris saying, we have 3 options on a societal level when it comes to differences such as religion, conversation, negotiation or war.

I would point out only certain theists, when in power, have murdered to defend their religion and even then the body count is small.

Now atheists in the 20th century declared ideological genocidal war upon religion. Their body count is 100 million and growing daily. They murderered and tortured anyone that did not hold an atheistic worldview. They left the believers little infants and toddlers in the streets to starve. They stole away children to schools to indoctrinate them with 'scientific atheism'.

I do not see atheists in the west running around trying to 'reform' atheism. Instead they claim it was someone 'other' ideology. What concerns me is that atheists outright neglect the atrocities committed in the name of atheism's ideological genocide.

Even if you tally all murderers by religion, from all of history, the body count does not come close to one century where atheists were in charge.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 11:20:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 1:12:26 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
[Propaganda]

Lol great. All we need now, is an enthusiastic President to think the same way, and give the world that little extra push.

Then it'll be, we don't need em, we don't want em, they're harmful; lets get rid of em..

All those people are going to keep killing, and polluting, and not making sense, teaching their kids to believe in fairtales or evil cruel gods; they're never gonna stop.
So, we must be proavtive, and protect our families and communites, from this ancient plague- cure ourselves of these people, and we can no longer be held back..as a species. (ETA - 10-15yrs)

I think this will eventually happen, it will be less about forcing people though. I see a trend to non religious even in.my short 35 years. Not so much atheism, most atheism people hear and see is to radical and offensive for the majority of decent folks.

What I see is a mix of religion becoming less important to each generation and religions watering down their doctrine to "fit" with the society around them. This will be the death of religion, not atheism in any form or fashion. The religious will do it to them selves.

But before the last day I do think it will be Hell on earth for the Faithful of that day. Religion will become the atheism of today but with far far far less tolerance. With "science" and "intellect" as their sword the population then will have no mercy on the Faithful and their will be no one to correct the situation because science and intellect are as merciless as ten Stalins.

But Im no fortune teller, for it was already written before my time.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 11:23:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/26/2012 11:10:35 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 6/26/2012 10:24:49 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/25/2012 1:12:26 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
[Propaganda]

Lol great. All we need now, is an enthusiastic President to think the same way, and give the world that little extra push.

Then it'll be, we don't need em, we don't want em, they're harmful; lets get rid of em..

All those people are going to keep killing, and polluting, and not making sense, teaching their kids to believe in fairtales or evil cruel gods; they're never gonna stop. So, we must be proavtive, and protect our families and communites, from this ancient plague- cure ourselves of these people, and we can no longer be held back..as a species. (ETA - 10-15yrs)

Religion has killed the heretics, the unbelievers, those who dare even remotely suggest that the dogma is not true. So if the unbelievers turn around and do the exact same thing.........pay back is a bitch eh ?

Luckily most atheists seem to be content with just seeing conversation and argument and the grips of dogma slowly but surely becoming less and less.

As I recall Sam Harris saying, we have 3 options on a societal level when it comes to differences such as religion, conversation, negotiation or war.

I would point out only certain theists, when in power, have murdered to defend their religion and even then the body count is small.

Now atheists in the 20th century declared ideological genocidal war upon religion. Their body count is 100 million and growing daily. They murderered and tortured anyone that did not hold an atheistic worldview. They left the believers little infants and toddlers in the streets to starve. They stole away children to schools to indoctrinate them with 'scientific atheism'.

I do not see atheists in the west running around trying to 'reform' atheism. Instead they claim it was someone 'other' ideology. What concerns me is that atheists outright neglect the atrocities committed in the name of atheism's ideological genocide.

Atheism ideological genocide huh ?

Let me tell you the one thing worse than this, the non belief in the lochness monster ideological genocide.

But of course, the absent of belief of lochness monster causing genocide would only be said by a stupid or dishonest person.......


Even if you tally all murderers by religion, from all of history, the body count does not come close to one century where atheists were in charge.

Atheism can never get you to, hey, God wants you to kill those people so.........go kill those people. ONLY RELIGION can give you that.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 11:28:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/26/2012 11:23:16 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/26/2012 11:10:35 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 6/26/2012 10:24:49 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/25/2012 1:12:26 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
[Propaganda]

Lol great. All we need now, is an enthusiastic President to think the same way, and give the world that little extra push.

Then it'll be, we don't need em, we don't want em, they're harmful; lets get rid of em..

All those people are going to keep killing, and polluting, and not making sense, teaching their kids to believe in fairtales or evil cruel gods; they're never gonna stop. So, we must be proavtive, and protect our families and communites, from this ancient plague- cure ourselves of these people, and we can no longer be held back..as a species. (ETA - 10-15yrs)

Religion has killed the heretics, the unbelievers, those who dare even remotely suggest that the dogma is not true. So if the unbelievers turn around and do the exact same thing.........pay back is a bitch eh ?

Luckily most atheists seem to be content with just seeing conversation and argument and the grips of dogma slowly but surely becoming less and less.

As I recall Sam Harris saying, we have 3 options on a societal level when it comes to differences such as religion, conversation, negotiation or war.

I would point out only certain theists, when in power, have murdered to defend their religion and even then the body count is small.

Now atheists in the 20th century declared ideological genocidal war upon religion. Their body count is 100 million and growing daily. They murderered and tortured anyone that did not hold an atheistic worldview. They left the believers little infants and toddlers in the streets to starve. They stole away children to schools to indoctrinate them with 'scientific atheism'.

I do not see atheists in the west running around trying to 'reform' atheism. Instead they claim it was someone 'other' ideology. What concerns me is that atheists outright neglect the atrocities committed in the name of atheism's ideological genocide.

Atheism ideological genocide huh ?

Let me tell you the one thing worse than this, the non belief in the lochness monster ideological genocide.

But of course, the absent of belief of lochness monster causing genocide would only be said by a stupid or dishonest person.......


Even if you tally all murderers by religion, from all of history, the body count does not come close to one century where atheists were in charge.

Atheism can never get you to, hey, God wants you to kill those people so.........go kill those people. ONLY RELIGION can give you that.

Again this is merely historical denialism. Atheism's genecidal war was known to all. Just a few quotes on the subject:
To quote Richard Wurmbrand (tortured by atheists for 14 years, wife was raped and tortured by atheist, his five year old left on the streets with threats of arrest and torture to anyone that aided the five year old)

"The cruelty of atheism is hard to believe when man has no faith in the reward of good or the punishment of evil. There is no reason to be human. There is no restraint from the depths of evil which is in man."

and Pope Benedict

"As we reflect on the sobering lessons of the atheist extremism of the twentieth century, let us never forget how the exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus to a "reductive vision of the person and his destiny"

Atheism you get, "Go kill those people because they are 'in my way'" You check moral incumbency, nothing. You check divine retribution for your actions, nothing. Killing spree start. Only temporal consequences restrain you. Without those game on.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 11:57:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/26/2012 11:28:25 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 6/26/2012 11:23:16 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/26/2012 11:10:35 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 6/26/2012 10:24:49 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/25/2012 1:12:26 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
[Propaganda]

Lol great. All we need now, is an enthusiastic President to think the same way, and give the world that little extra push.

Then it'll be, we don't need em, we don't want em, they're harmful; lets get rid of em..

All those people are going to keep killing, and polluting, and not making sense, teaching their kids to believe in fairtales or evil cruel gods; they're never gonna stop. So, we must be proavtive, and protect our families and communites, from this ancient plague- cure ourselves of these people, and we can no longer be held back..as a species. (ETA - 10-15yrs)

Religion has killed the heretics, the unbelievers, those who dare even remotely suggest that the dogma is not true. So if the unbelievers turn around and do the exact same thing.........pay back is a bitch eh ?

Luckily most atheists seem to be content with just seeing conversation and argument and the grips of dogma slowly but surely becoming less and less.

As I recall Sam Harris saying, we have 3 options on a societal level when it comes to differences such as religion, conversation, negotiation or war.

I would point out only certain theists, when in power, have murdered to defend their religion and even then the body count is small.

Now atheists in the 20th century declared ideological genocidal war upon religion. Their body count is 100 million and growing daily. They murderered and tortured anyone that did not hold an atheistic worldview. They left the believers little infants and toddlers in the streets to starve. They stole away children to schools to indoctrinate them with 'scientific atheism'.

I do not see atheists in the west running around trying to 'reform' atheism. Instead they claim it was someone 'other' ideology. What concerns me is that atheists outright neglect the atrocities committed in the name of atheism's ideological genocide.

Atheism ideological genocide huh ?

Let me tell you the one thing worse than this, the non belief in the lochness monster ideological genocide.

But of course, the absent of belief of lochness monster causing genocide would only be said by a stupid or dishonest person.......


Even if you tally all murderers by religion, from all of history, the body count does not come close to one century where atheists were in charge.

Atheism can never get you to, hey, God wants you to kill those people so.........go kill those people. ONLY RELIGION can give you that.

Again this is merely historical denialism. Atheism's genecidal war was known to all. Just a few quotes on the subject:
To quote Richard Wurmbrand (tortured by atheists for 14 years, wife was raped and tortured by atheist, his five year old left on the streets with threats of arrest and torture to anyone that aided the five year old)

"The cruelty of atheism is hard to believe when man has no faith in the reward of good or the punishment of evil. There is no reason to be human. There is no restraint from the depths of evil which is in man."

The cruelty of theism is hard to believe when man believe that God wants him to kill, rape, torture, plunder, conquer.


and Pope Benedict

"As we reflect on the sobering lessons of the atheist extremism of the twentieth century, let us never forget how the exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus to a "reductive vision of the person and his destiny"

Gotta love how you buy into this propaganda. Atheism causes all this terrible evil, atheism is bad, booooo atheism. Lack of belief in a supernatural person who reads your mind, hiss, boo, hiss.

If there was no God, then there is no reason not to go around setting up a religion where we kill others under the authority of this God we made up. I am so glad we don't live in that reality..............


Atheism you get, "Go kill those people because they are 'in my way'" You check moral incumbency, nothing. You check divine retribution for your actions, nothing. Killing spree start. Only temporal consequences restrain you. Without those game on.

With Gods permission its game on, not only are there no restraints, you have the added incentive that their is a big reward in it for ya.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 12:05:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/26/2012 11:57:40 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/26/2012 11:28:25 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 6/26/2012 11:23:16 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/26/2012 11:10:35 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 6/26/2012 10:24:49 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/25/2012 1:12:26 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
[Propaganda]

Lol great. All we need now, is an enthusiastic President to think the same way, and give the world that little extra push.

Then it'll be, we don't need em, we don't want em, they're harmful; lets get rid of em..

All those people are going to keep killing, and polluting, and not making sense, teaching their kids to believe in fairtales or evil cruel gods; they're never gonna stop. So, we must be proavtive, and protect our families and communites, from this ancient plague- cure ourselves of these people, and we can no longer be held back..as a species. (ETA - 10-15yrs)

Religion has killed the heretics, the unbelievers, those who dare even remotely suggest that the dogma is not true. So if the unbelievers turn around and do the exact same thing.........pay back is a bitch eh ?

Luckily most atheists seem to be content with just seeing conversation and argument and the grips of dogma slowly but surely becoming less and less.

As I recall Sam Harris saying, we have 3 options on a societal level when it comes to differences such as religion, conversation, negotiation or war.

I would point out only certain theists, when in power, have murdered to defend their religion and even then the body count is small.

Now atheists in the 20th century declared ideological genocidal war upon religion. Their body count is 100 million and growing daily. They murderered and tortured anyone that did not hold an atheistic worldview. They left the believers little infants and toddlers in the streets to starve. They stole away children to schools to indoctrinate them with 'scientific atheism'.

I do not see atheists in the west running around trying to 'reform' atheism. Instead they claim it was someone 'other' ideology. What concerns me is that atheists outright neglect the atrocities committed in the name of atheism's ideological genocide.

Atheism ideological genocide huh ?

Let me tell you the one thing worse than this, the non belief in the lochness monster ideological genocide.

But of course, the absent of belief of lochness monster causing genocide would only be said by a stupid or dishonest person.......


Even if you tally all murderers by religion, from all of history, the body count does not come close to one century where atheists were in charge.

Atheism can never get you to, hey, God wants you to kill those people so.........go kill those people. ONLY RELIGION can give you that.

Again this is merely historical denialism. Atheism's genecidal war was known to all. Just a few quotes on the subject:
To quote Richard Wurmbrand (tortured by atheists for 14 years, wife was raped and tortured by atheist, his five year old left on the streets with threats of arrest and torture to anyone that aided the five year old)

"The cruelty of atheism is hard to believe when man has no faith in the reward of good or the punishment of evil. There is no reason to be human. There is no restraint from the depths of evil which is in man."

The cruelty of theism is hard to believe when man believe that God wants him to kill, rape, torture, plunder, conquer.


and Pope Benedict

"As we reflect on the sobering lessons of the atheist extremism of the twentieth century, let us never forget how the exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus to a "reductive vision of the person and his destiny"

Gotta love how you buy into this propaganda. Atheism causes all this terrible evil, atheism is bad, booooo atheism. Lack of belief in a supernatural person who reads your mind, hiss, boo, hiss.

If there was no God, then there is no reason not to go around setting up a religion where we kill others under the authority of this God we made up. I am so glad we don't live in that reality..............


Atheism you get, "Go kill those people because they are 'in my way'" You check moral incumbency, nothing. You check divine retribution for your actions, nothing. Killing spree start. Only temporal consequences restrain you. Without those game on.

With Gods permission its game on, not only are there no restraints, you have the added incentive that their is a big reward in it for ya.

Notice you did not address the actuality that indeed atheism is culpable here. I believe deep down you know it is as all of the philosophers and historians assert.

Let me be clear. I would rather live in the worst Islamic country than any of the atheistic regimes in history. With men who hold divinity as paramount, I can appeal to their good. To those who hold to their own evil state as paramount, there simply is no appeal.

Again to quote Richard Wurmbrand.
"The cruelty of atheism is hard to believe when man has no faith in the reward of good or the punishment of evil. There is no reason to be human. There is no restraint from the depths of evil which is in man. The Communist torturers often said, "There is no God, no hereafter, no punishment for evil. We can do what we wish." I have heard one torturer even say, "I thank God, in whom I don't believe, that I have lived to this hour when I can express all the evil in my heart." He expressed it in unbelievable brutality and torture inflicted on prisoners."
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 12:18:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/26/2012 12:05:53 PM, Gileandos wrote:
At 6/26/2012 11:57:40 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/26/2012 11:28:25 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 6/26/2012 11:23:16 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/26/2012 11:10:35 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 6/26/2012 10:24:49 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/25/2012 1:12:26 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
[Propaganda]

Lol great. All we need now, is an enthusiastic President to think the same way, and give the world that little extra push.

Then it'll be, we don't need em, we don't want em, they're harmful; lets get rid of em..

All those people are going to keep killing, and polluting, and not making sense, teaching their kids to believe in fairtales or evil cruel gods; they're never gonna stop. So, we must be proavtive, and protect our families and communites, from this ancient plague- cure ourselves of these people, and we can no longer be held back..as a species. (ETA - 10-15yrs)

Religion has killed the heretics, the unbelievers, those who dare even remotely suggest that the dogma is not true. So if the unbelievers turn around and do the exact same thing.........pay back is a bitch eh ?

Luckily most atheists seem to be content with just seeing conversation and argument and the grips of dogma slowly but surely becoming less and less.

As I recall Sam Harris saying, we have 3 options on a societal level when it comes to differences such as religion, conversation, negotiation or war.

I would point out only certain theists, when in power, have murdered to defend their religion and even then the body count is small.

Now atheists in the 20th century declared ideological genocidal war upon religion. Their body count is 100 million and growing daily. They murderered and tortured anyone that did not hold an atheistic worldview. They left the believers little infants and toddlers in the streets to starve. They stole away children to schools to indoctrinate them with 'scientific atheism'.

I do not see atheists in the west running around trying to 'reform' atheism. Instead they claim it was someone 'other' ideology. What concerns me is that atheists outright neglect the atrocities committed in the name of atheism's ideological genocide.

Atheism ideological genocide huh ?

Let me tell you the one thing worse than this, the non belief in the lochness monster ideological genocide.

But of course, the absent of belief of lochness monster causing genocide would only be said by a stupid or dishonest person.......


Even if you tally all murderers by religion, from all of history, the body count does not come close to one century where atheists were in charge.

Atheism can never get you to, hey, God wants you to kill those people so.........go kill those people. ONLY RELIGION can give you that.

Again this is merely historical denialism. Atheism's genecidal war was known to all. Just a few quotes on the subject:
To quote Richard Wurmbrand (tortured by atheists for 14 years, wife was raped and tortured by atheist, his five year old left on the streets with threats of arrest and torture to anyone that aided the five year old)

"The cruelty of atheism is hard to believe when man has no faith in the reward of good or the punishment of evil. There is no reason to be human. There is no restraint from the depths of evil which is in man."

The cruelty of theism is hard to believe when man believe that God wants him to kill, rape, torture, plunder, conquer.


and Pope Benedict

"As we reflect on the sobering lessons of the atheist extremism of the twentieth century, let us never forget how the exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus to a "reductive vision of the person and his destiny"

Gotta love how you buy into this propaganda. Atheism causes all this terrible evil, atheism is bad, booooo atheism. Lack of belief in a supernatural person who reads your mind, hiss, boo, hiss.

If there was no God, then there is no reason not to go around setting up a religion where we kill others under the authority of this God we made up. I am so glad we don't live in that reality..............


Atheism you get, "Go kill those people because they are 'in my way'" You check moral incumbency, nothing. You check divine retribution for your actions, nothing. Killing spree start. Only temporal consequences restrain you. Without those game on.

With Gods permission its game on, not only are there no restraints, you have the added incentive that their is a big reward in it for ya.

Notice you did not address the actuality that indeed atheism is culpable here. I believe deep down you know it is as all of the philosophers and historians assert.

Notice you didn't address the absurdity of lack of belief in the existence of the loch ness monster can lead to ideological killing. Of course that would be stupid.

But if the lack of belief in God ? well yeah, it leads to nazism don't ya know. Cardinal Pell told me this.


Let me be clear. I would rather live in the worst Islamic country than any of the atheistic regimes in history. With men who hold divinity as paramount, I can appeal to their good. To those who hold to their own evil state as paramount, there simply is no appeal.

Your entitled too your own living preference, thanks for sharing. What you not entitled too is go around with your religious propaganda how the lack of belief in the existence of God entails genocide.

once again, boo atheism, hiss, boo.


Again to quote Richard Wurmbrand.
"The cruelty of atheism is hard to believe when man has no faith in the reward of good or the punishment of evil. There is no reason to be human. There is no restraint from the depths of evil which is in man. The Communist torturers often said, "There is no God, no hereafter, no punishment for evil. We can do what we wish." I have heard one torturer even say, "I thank God, in whom I don't believe, that I have lived to this hour when I can express all the evil in my heart." He expressed it in unbelievable brutality and torture inflicted on prisoners."

Emotional isn't it ? Alot of people will be convinced because of that. But what shall you do when the person just doesn't accept this crap. What happens when the person starts asking them selves, hang on, what is being suggested here ? that to deny an existence proposition leads to ideological genocide ? well that's just horse sh*t.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 12:57:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/26/2012 12:18:59 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/26/2012 12:05:53 PM, Gileandos wrote:
At 6/26/2012 11:57:40 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/26/2012 11:28:25 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 6/26/2012 11:23:16 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/26/2012 11:10:35 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 6/26/2012 10:24:49 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/25/2012 1:12:26 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
[Propaganda]

Lol great. All we need now, is an enthusiastic President to think the same way, and give the world that little extra push.

Then it'll be, we don't need em, we don't want em, they're harmful; lets get rid of em..

All those people are going to keep killing, and polluting, and not making sense, teaching their kids to believe in fairtales or evil cruel gods; they're never gonna stop. So, we must be proavtive, and protect our families and communites, from this ancient plague- cure ourselves of these people, and we can no longer be held back..as a species. (ETA - 10-15yrs)

Religion has killed the heretics, the unbelievers, those who dare even remotely suggest that the dogma is not true. So if the unbelievers turn around and do the exact same thing.........pay back is a bitch eh ?

Luckily most atheists seem to be content with just seeing conversation and argument and the grips of dogma slowly but surely becoming less and less.

As I recall Sam Harris saying, we have 3 options on a societal level when it comes to differences such as religion, conversation, negotiation or war.

I would point out only certain theists, when in power, have murdered to defend their religion and even then the body count is small.

Now atheists in the 20th century declared ideological genocidal war upon religion. Their body count is 100 million and growing daily. They murderered and tortured anyone that did not hold an atheistic worldview. They left the believers little infants and toddlers in the streets to starve. They stole away children to schools to indoctrinate them with 'scientific atheism'.

I do not see atheists in the west running around trying to 'reform' atheism. Instead they claim it was someone 'other' ideology. What concerns me is that atheists outright neglect the atrocities committed in the name of atheism's ideological genocide.

Atheism ideological genocide huh ?

Let me tell you the one thing worse than this, the non belief in the lochness monster ideological genocide.

But of course, the absent of belief of lochness monster causing genocide would only be said by a stupid or dishonest person.......


Even if you tally all murderers by religion, from all of history, the body count does not come close to one century where atheists were in charge.

Atheism can never get you to, hey, God wants you to kill those people so.........go kill those people. ONLY RELIGION can give you that.

Again this is merely historical denialism. Atheism's genecidal war was known to all. Just a few quotes on the subject:
To quote Richard Wurmbrand (tortured by atheists for 14 years, wife was raped and tortured by atheist, his five year old left on the streets with threats of arrest and torture to anyone that aided the five year old)

"The cruelty of atheism is hard to believe when man has no faith in the reward of good or the punishment of evil. There is no reason to be human. There is no restraint from the depths of evil which is in man."

The cruelty of theism is hard to believe when man believe that God wants him to kill, rape, torture, plunder, conquer.


and Pope Benedict

"As we reflect on the sobering lessons of the atheist extremism of the twentieth century, let us never forget how the exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus to a "reductive vision of the person and his destiny"

Gotta love how you buy into this propaganda. Atheism causes all this terrible evil, atheism is bad, booooo atheism. Lack of belief in a supernatural person who reads your mind, hiss, boo, hiss.

If there was no God, then there is no reason not to go around setting up a religion where we kill others under the authority of this God we made up. I am so glad we don't live in that reality..............


Atheism you get, "Go kill those people because they are 'in my way'" You check moral incumbency, nothing. You check divine retribution for your actions, nothing. Killing spree start. Only temporal consequences restrain you. Without those game on.

With Gods permission its game on, not only are there no restraints, you have the added incentive that their is a big reward in it for ya.

Notice you did not address the actuality that indeed atheism is culpable here. I believe deep down you know it is as all of the philosophers and historians assert.

Notice you didn't address the absurdity of lack of belief in the existence of the loch ness monster can lead to ideological killing. Of course that would be stupid.

I notice you never cited the relevance and did not address the concept that a lack of belief in God removes moral incumbency and divine retribution ect..

Lacking a belief in loch ness does not affect metaphysical ideology.


But if the lack of belief in God ? well yeah, it leads to nazism don't ya know. Cardinal Pell told me this.


Let me be clear. I would rather live in the worst Islamic country than any of the atheistic regimes in history. With men who hold divinity as paramount, I can appeal to their good. To those who hold to their own evil state as paramount, there simply is no appeal.

Your entitled too your own living preference, thanks for sharing. What you not entitled too is go around with your religious propaganda how the lack of belief in the existence of God entails genocide.

once again, boo atheism, hiss, boo.

Um, it happened. I am citing history and the genocide committed by atheists. My personal religious position is irrelevant to the actual actions of these atheists due to their philosophy.



Again to quote Richard Wurmbrand.
"The cruelty of atheism is hard to believe when man has no faith in the reward of good or the punishment of evil. There is no reason to be human. There is no restraint from the depths of evil which is in man. The Communist torturers often said, "There is no God, no hereafter, no punishment for evil. We can do what we wish." I have heard one torturer even say, "I thank God, in whom I don't believe, that I have lived to this hour when I can express all the evil in my heart." He expressed it in unbelievable brutality and torture inflicted on prisoners."

Emotional isn't it ? Alot of people will be convinced because of that. But what shall you do when the person just doesn't accept this crap. What happens when the person starts asking them selves, hang on, what is being suggested here ? that to deny an existence proposition leads to ideological genocide ? well that's just horse sh*t.

So you respond to emotionalism with emotionalism then call emotionalism as invalid? Nice.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 3:13:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/26/2012 11:23:16 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/26/2012 11:10:35 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 6/26/2012 10:24:49 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/25/2012 1:12:26 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
[Propaganda]

Lol great. All we need now, is an enthusiastic President to think the same way, and give the world that little extra push.

Then it'll be, we don't need em, we don't want em, they're harmful; lets get rid of em..

All those people are going to keep killing, and polluting, and not making sense, teaching their kids to believe in fairtales or evil cruel gods; they're never gonna stop. So, we must be proavtive, and protect our families and communites, from this ancient plague- cure ourselves of these people, and we can no longer be held back..as a species. (ETA - 10-15yrs)

Religion has killed the heretics, the unbelievers, those who dare even remotely suggest that the dogma is not true. So if the unbelievers turn around and do the exact same thing.........pay back is a bitch eh ?

Luckily most atheists seem to be content with just seeing conversation and argument and the grips of dogma slowly but surely becoming less and less.

As I recall Sam Harris saying, we have 3 options on a societal level when it comes to differences such as religion, conversation, negotiation or war.

I would point out only certain theists, when in power, have murdered to defend their religion and even then the body count is small.

Now atheists in the 20th century declared ideological genocidal war upon religion. Their body count is 100 million and growing daily. They murderered and tortured anyone that did not hold an atheistic worldview. They left the believers little infants and toddlers in the streets to starve. They stole away children to schools to indoctrinate them with 'scientific atheism'.

I do not see atheists in the west running around trying to 'reform' atheism. Instead they claim it was someone 'other' ideology. What concerns me is that atheists outright neglect the atrocities committed in the name of atheism's ideological genocide.

Atheism ideological genocide huh ?

Let me tell you the one thing worse than this, the non belief in the lochness monster ideological genocide.

But of course, the absent of belief of lochness monster causing genocide would only be said by a stupid or dishonest person.......


Even if you tally all murderers by religion, from all of history, the body count does not come close to one century where atheists were in charge.

Atheism can never get you to, hey, God wants you to kill those people so.........go kill those people. ONLY RELIGION can give you that.

According to The Encyclopedia of War, less than 7% of all documented wars have been religious in origin. That means that 93% have a secular/non-religious cause. In light of this, it seems asinine to argue that religion is dangerous. Sure, you're right that atheism can never lead to "God told me to kill", but it certainly doesn't make atheism/secularism any less dangerous than religion.

One can only imagine how many wars would have been fought if not for religious beliefs. If world leaders didn't have beliefs like, "Thou shalt not kill", making them think twice before commiting atrocities or starting wars, what would stop them from acting against their fellow man??

Can atheism be counted on to dissuade people from killing and raping because it's wrong to do those things, when atheism has no moral code?? Of course not, only religion can give you that.
Tnkissfan
Posts: 199
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 3:31:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/26/2012 12:18:59 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/26/2012 12:05:53 PM, Gileandos wrote:
At 6/26/2012 11:57:40 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/26/2012 11:28:25 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 6/26/2012 11:23:16 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/26/2012 11:10:35 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 6/26/2012 10:24:49 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 6/25/2012 1:12:26 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
[Propaganda]

Lol great. All we need now, is an enthusiastic President to think the same way, and give the world that little extra push.

Then it'll be, we don't need em, we don't want em, they're harmful; lets get rid of em..

All those people are going to keep killing, and polluting, and not making sense, teaching their kids to believe in fairtales or evil cruel gods; they're never gonna stop. So, we must be proavtive, and protect our families and communites, from this ancient plague- cure ourselves of these people, and we can no longer be held back..as a species. (ETA - 10-15yrs)

Religion has killed the heretics, the unbelievers, those who dare even remotely suggest that the dogma is not true. So if the unbelievers turn around and do the exact same thing.........pay back is a bitch eh ?

Luckily most atheists seem to be content with just seeing conversation and argument and the grips of dogma slowly but surely becoming less and less.

As I recall Sam Harris saying, we have 3 options on a societal level when it comes to differences such as religion, conversation, negotiation or war.

I would point out only certain theists, when in power, have murdered to defend their religion and even then the body count is small.

Now atheists in the 20th century declared ideological genocidal war upon religion. Their body count is 100 million and growing daily. They murderered and tortured anyone that did not hold an atheistic worldview. They left the believers little infants and toddlers in the streets to starve. They stole away children to schools to indoctrinate them with 'scientific atheism'.

I do not see atheists in the west running around trying to 'reform' atheism. Instead they claim it was someone 'other' ideology. What concerns me is that atheists outright neglect the atrocities committed in the name of atheism's ideological genocide.

Atheism ideological genocide huh ?

Let me tell you the one thing worse than this, the non belief in the lochness monster ideological genocide.

But of course, the absent of belief of lochness monster causing genocide would only be said by a stupid or dishonest person.......


Even if you tally all murderers by religion, from all of history, the body count does not come close to one century where atheists were in charge.

Atheism can never get you to, hey, God wants you to kill those people so.........go kill those people. ONLY RELIGION can give you that.

Again this is merely historical denialism. Atheism's genecidal war was known to all. Just a few quotes on the subject:
To quote Richard Wurmbrand (tortured by atheists for 14 years, wife was raped and tortured by atheist, his five year old left on the streets with threats of arrest and torture to anyone that aided the five year old)

"The cruelty of atheism is hard to believe when man has no faith in the reward of good or the punishment of evil. There is no reason to be human. There is no restraint from the depths of evil which is in man."

The cruelty of theism is hard to believe when man believe that God wants him to kill, rape, torture, plunder, conquer.


and Pope Benedict

"As we reflect on the sobering lessons of the atheist extremism of the twentieth century, let us never forget how the exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus to a "reductive vision of the person and his destiny"

Gotta love how you buy into this propaganda. Atheism causes all this terrible evil, atheism is bad, booooo atheism. Lack of belief in a supernatural person who reads your mind, hiss, boo, hiss.

If there was no God, then there is no reason not to go around setting up a religion where we kill others under the authority of this God we made up. I am so glad we don't live in that reality..............


Atheism you get, "Go kill those people because they are 'in my way'" You check moral incumbency, nothing. You check divine retribution for your actions, nothing. Killing spree start. Only temporal consequences restrain you. Without those game on.

With Gods permission its game on, not only are there no restraints, you have the added incentive that their is a big reward in it for ya.

Notice you did not address the actuality that indeed atheism is culpable here. I believe deep down you know it is as all of the philosophers and historians assert.

Notice you didn't address the absurdity of lack of belief in the existence of the loch ness monster can lead to ideological killing. Of course that would be stupid.

But if the lack of belief in God ? well yeah, it leads to nazism don't ya know. Cardinal Pell told me this.


Let me be clear. I would rather live in the worst Islamic country than any of the atheistic regimes in history. With men who hold divinity as paramount, I can appeal to their good. To those who hold to their own evil state as paramount, there simply is no appeal.

Your entitled too your own living preference, thanks for sharing. What you not entitled too is go around with your religious propaganda how the lack of belief in the existence of God entails genocide.

once again, boo atheism, hiss, boo.


Again to quote Richard Wurmbrand.
"The cruelty of atheism is hard to believe when man has no faith in the reward of good or the punishment of evil. There is no reason to be human. There is no restraint from the depths of evil which is in man. The Communist torturers often said, "There is no God, no hereafter, no punishment for evil. We can do what we wish." I have heard one torturer even say, "I thank God, in whom I don't believe, that I have lived to this hour when I can express all the evil in my heart." He expressed it in unbelievable brutality and torture inflicted on prisoners."

Emotional isn't it ? Alot of people will be convinced because of that. But what shall you do when the person just doesn't accept this crap. What happens when the person starts asking them selves, hang on, what is being suggested here ? that to deny an existence proposition leads to ideological genocide ? well that's just horse sh*t.

"What you not entitled too is go around with your religious propaganda how the lack of belief in the existence of God entails genocide"

Actually,living in AMERICA we are very much free to go around with our "religious propaganda" just as you can spread the atheistic crap all you want. Of course,Im sure no atheist has EVER said in a public forum that God=genocide,hate,war,slavery ect...
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 8:44:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 10:37:09 PM, Gileandos wrote:

lol, overstating your hope by... alot.

Christianity is like the stock market. Highs and lows but always a sure thing long term!

Pesky Christianity from 12 people to oh about 3.2 Billion.

Yes, clearly a good investment - I mean, umpteen millions bought on speculation, but now that they are beginning to understand how worthless the stock really is... I expect what we are seeing is just the beginning of a massive devaluation.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:16:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/26/2012 8:44:15 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 6/25/2012 10:37:09 PM, Gileandos wrote:

lol, overstating your hope by... alot.

Christianity is like the stock market. Highs and lows but always a sure thing long term!

Pesky Christianity from 12 people to oh about 3.2 Billion.

Yes, clearly a good investment - I mean, umpteen millions bought on speculation, but now that they are beginning to understand how worthless the stock really is... I expect what we are seeing is just the beginning of a massive devaluation.

I think you might be confusing the issue....slightly.

Atheism is a lack of belief with no justification. Atheism holds a lack of belief despite academic consensus, overwhelming attestation and clear evidence with zero justification.

Christianity is a belief with justification of literally mountains of evidence and fundamental academics. Such a belief system is only going to grow.

Stupidity is the only thing that cause rampant disbelief... wait... your are not a profit of the stupidity of the world are you???!!