Jump to topic:

Morality and the truth

ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 12:24:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I hear all the time people saying that theist are only moral or more moral than a atheist. That is simply not true and I am a Christian. My attack on things such as atheism is not the person but where that thinking and future is headed. Theist are no more moral than anyone, In fact indeed we are equal in every way. Our definitions of morality we place on one another are false. There are probably right ones in those we choose but the fact that some are not and requirements are imposed on people is wrong. Truth is we all have a equal and fairly similar view on morality. That means anyone can be a good valuable citizen. The person is not the entire problem it is the system guiding them and pushing them into this system. Let's take a look at the actions that have took place inside atheistic countries there are few. Compared to countries that are Christian. Crimes are the same only that Christians do not kill or imprison those that have different beliefs or just a belief in a God. Christians do not ever do those things. Though other beliefs have. Christians has rightly so driven their belief and doctrine into American culture. Has this not built the greatest country ever? This a blessing as America is talked about in the Bible and as so we will be punished for our turn from God.

Bottom line atheist and theist have the same principles and morality. Those who have God have a clearer view too truth and those who do not are blinded. Atheist are not bad or evil people personally. Though these beliefs foundations and core are to go against God and that is why we fight such things.
TheAsylum
Clash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 1:06:40 AM
At 6/30/2012 12:24:39 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
I hear all the time people saying that theist are only moral or more moral than a atheist. That is simply not true and I am a Christian. My attack on things such as atheism is not the person but where that thinking and future is headed. Theist are no more moral than anyone, In fact indeed we are equal in every way. Our definitions of morality we place on one another are false. There are probably right ones in those we choose but the fact that some are not and requirements are imposed on people is wrong. Truth is we all have a equal and fairly similar view on morality. That means anyone can be a good valuable citizen. The person is not the entire problem it is the system guiding them and pushing them into this system. Let's take a look at the actions that have took place inside atheistic countries there are few. Compared to countries that are Christian. Crimes are the same only that Christians do not kill or imprison those that have different beliefs or just a belief in a God. Christians do not ever do those things. Though other beliefs have. Christians has rightly so driven their belief and doctrine into American culture. Has this not built the greatest country ever? This a blessing as America is talked about in the Bible and as so we will be punished for our turn from God.

Bro, you're kidding...right?
Clash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 12:43:08 PM
At 6/30/2012 11:35:35 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

Does it look like I am kidding? No.No. I am not.

Oh, okay. I thought you did. My fault than.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 2:12:40 PM
At 6/30/2012 12:43:08 PM, Clash wrote:

No problem. Why did think I was?
TheAsylum
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 4:34:08 PM
At 6/30/2012 2:12:40 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 6/30/2012 12:43:08 PM, Clash wrote:

No problem. Why did think I was?

http://i.imgur.com...

That's probably a start.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 4:40:25 PM

So you're saying that no Christian has ever killed or imprisoned another person because their beliefs differ?
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 5:46:29 PM
At 6/30/2012 4:40:25 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:

So you're saying that no Christian has ever killed or imprisoned another person because their beliefs differ?

Depends on how you define Christians. If they just call themselves Christian but could careless about what Christianity teaches or the way it instructs you to act then, No, I am not. But if you are talking about Christians that try to up hold the Christian teachings then, Yes, I am.
TheAsylum
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 6:45:30 PM
Biblical morality is either arbitrarily chosen or morality is independent of God.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 5:24:54 AM
At 6/30/2012 6:45:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Biblical morality is either arbitrarily chosen or morality is independent of God.

How so? That just shows that morality is within all and free from the Bible. The Bible only shows a clearer definition but we all have it. That does not show no God but reinforces it.
TheAsylum